Author Topic: 7 Dec 2018 Albion 2 Aston Villa 2  (Read 64681 times)

AlanJarvis

• WBA Newbie

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2018, 11:48:47 AM »
I've a ticket for the East Stand Upper which I can't use and so is free to a good home (ie an Albion fan!).
Please email your address to alan.jarvis@tandf.co.uk - first come, first served and I can only reply to the lucky person who wins.

(Note to the Mods  - this post has been approved by admin so only take down after a couple of hours)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Team
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2018, 12:12:59 PM »
Does no-one else fear a reversion to 352?
I think there is a real possibility with Kanu being injured. Neither Gayle or Rodriguez can play wide so the only way to shoehorn them both in would be to change to either 442 or 352. Dare I say it but it could also coincide with Bartley's return to fitness  :o

Hope it's just me being pessimistic after last night's disappointment but I think it's a genuine possibility. Please tell me I'm wrong.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2018, 01:41:12 PM »
I think Phillips will need to be pushed further forward

I do worry about having enough legs in midfield if we did this. I think I'd go:

Johnstone

Adarabioyo
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs

Phillips
Livermore
Morrison

Barnes
Gayle
Sako

Myhill, Mears, Brunt, Field or Harper, Hoolahan, Leko, Rodriguez

crazedwbafan18

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2018, 02:09:44 PM »
We're currently creating 20 plus chances on average a game. The way we are at the moment, teams are needing to put a big score on us to take a point.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get 2 or 3 at least given the way you defend and how good we are going forwards. Whether that's good enough to actually win us the game though is another matter.
2-1 us, you'll score but dont think youll get as many as you might think.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2018, 04:16:58 PM »
We're currently creating 20 plus chances on average a game. The way we are at the moment, teams are needing to put a big score on us to take a point.

I'd be surprised if we didn't get 2 or 3 at least given the way you defend and how good we are going forwards. Whether that's good enough to actually win us the game though is another matter.
We created 20+ last night and on another day would have scored 5. The Forest game suggests your defence isn't that good either so I think safe to assume it will finish 0-0!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2018, 05:27:24 PM »
East Stand           39
Brummie Road     76
West Stand           0
Smethwick            0

Remaining           115.   Surely these will be gone tomorrow.

McSkittle

• Newcomer

« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2018, 05:47:59 PM »
We're hot and cold defensively. Prone to mistakes, but that's this league all over.

4 out of the last 8 have been clean sheets. I think the Forest game was one of those freak once in a generation games. Very entertaining though.

Like with your defending last night for their goal, I just can't see it being 0-0.

Why did you look so leggy last 15 minutes? Surprised at that.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2018, 05:56:43 PM »
I just don't know how to predict this game. Another 5-5 wouldn't be the biggest shock in the world so knowing the way football works it'll probably be 0-0.  ::)

Our defence isn't bad, it really isn't Sam Johnstone has barely had a save to make over four games we just somehow seem to gift every team we play against a goal. Friday would be a great time to stop doing that.

Villa are scoring for fun at the moment so you wouldn't bet against them scoring on Friday and given the fact that I'm used to the jammy fuggers beating us over the years I fully expect they'll do so again.

0-2.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2018, 01:59:51 AM »
Got to be 4-4-2

Johnstone

Adar Daws Hegazi Gibbs

Phillips Livermore Mozza Barnes

JRod Gayle

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2018, 09:24:09 AM »
I think there is a real possibility with Kanu being injured. Neither Gayle or Rodriguez can play wide so the only way to shoehorn them both in would be to change to either 442 or 352. Dare I say it but it could also coincide with Bartley's return to fitness  :o

Hope it's just me being pessimistic after last night's disappointment but I think it's a genuine possibility. Please tell me I'm wrong.

If we do that on Friday, then Villa win.

Abraham, Grealish and Bolasie would cause a back 3 too many problems.

Stick the formation we have now, but start Gayle.

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #60 on: December 05, 2018, 11:27:03 AM »

I would not be in the least bit surprised- and I’m not as against it as some. With the proviso that we don’t expect the back three to play like bobby Moore/Frank beckenbauer.  And pass it around on the edge of our own box.  That being said it still does not address the fact we don’t have a left sided centre half nor a right wing back.

I would be gobsmacked if we did not make some changes to both personnel and formation on Friday. My particular concern is the number of times in the last couple of games that Tosin is left isolated at right back and either one on one or often with two opposition players bearing down on him. Bolasi and Grealish could double up down our right and have a field day!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #61 on: December 05, 2018, 12:07:07 PM »
2-1 Albion

It'll be a great game im sure....just dont want to lose to them...my life will be hell if we dont
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2018, 12:48:30 PM »
Right now I'd settle for a high scoring draw, but I'd prefer a 1-0 off someone's shin in the 94th minute.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: December 05, 2018, 12:49:33 PM »

Agree fully. And maybe add some younger legs on bench as an option?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2018, 12:54:03 PM »

Would you start Gayle through the middle and JRod wide? Think that's better than the other way around but i may be tempted to start Sako wide with Gayle up top.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2018, 12:56:55 PM »
Yes Gayle through middle with JRod wide. I assume that Sako is not fit or why is he not on bench??

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2018, 12:58:08 PM »
We can beat them, why be happy with a point? Barcelona or Man City they are not!!

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2018, 02:41:13 PM »
Would you start Gayle through the middle and JRod wide? Think that's better than the other way around but i may be tempted to start Sako wide with Gayle up top.

Yeah for me Gayle has to play through the middle, hes our best finisher. If he started on Monday and had the chances we missed in the first half, we would have been out of sight.

I also think Jay Rod is better on the wing, if you look back to his Southampton days (when he was close to the England squad), his best form was coming from the wing.

I also think if you pop Jay on the wing, he gives us a bit of physical presence and you can keep Phillips in the middle three.

As someone else has mentioned though, I wouldn't be against throwing Sako in on the wing. (Although I can't see Rodriguez being dropped).

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2018, 03:33:07 PM »
We can beat them, why be happy with a point? Barcelona or Man City they are not!!

Overheard a Viler saying the same thing in the pub last night in regards to us.

You're both quite right, into 'em Albion.

COYB and SOTV  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2018, 05:19:00 PM »
East Stand 16
Brummie Road 42
West Stand 8

Leaving 66 remaining. The West Stand had been sold out so I'm presuming the club have put returned tickets on re-sale now. Have to admit I expected a full sell out by now. Will almost certainly go tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2018, 05:48:16 PM by Atomic »

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2018, 05:21:38 PM »
I reckon we will beat them on Friday but I won't know any thing about it till I wake up early Saturday morning bursting for water , it my birthday and going out all day, a win would be a great present.

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #71 on: December 06, 2018, 12:27:10 AM »
 :D Phillips and Barnes are your wing men in a 442....Gayle and Jrod up front

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Match Officials
« Reply #72 on: December 06, 2018, 06:30:22 AM »
Referee: Darren England
Assistant Referee: Matt Foley
Assistant Referee: Nick Greenhalgh
Fourth Official: David Webb
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AidantheBaggies

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #73 on: December 06, 2018, 08:05:48 AM »
Surprised a premier league referee didn't get this match............i wish him well.
Lee Probert's Barmy Army!!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Match Officials
« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2018, 08:53:47 AM »
At least it's not Andre Mariner.