Author Topic: 19 Sept 2020 Everton 5 Albion 2  (Read 58137 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2020, 09:57:07 AM »
Define top side please, top 2, 4, 6, 10?
Was that the, less catchy, B side, to Tom Robinson's 70's hit?  ;)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2020, 10:14:58 AM »
Define top side please, top 2, 4, 6, 10?

Top 2. Liverpool and Manchester City. Even then our record against Klopp is superb. No games are write offs. Particularly not games against teams that finished 12th last year some 50 points behind the Champions.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2020, 10:17:01 AM »
Top 2. Liverpool and Manchester City. Even then our record against Klopp is superb. No games are write offs. Particularly not games against teams that finished 12th last year some 50 points behind the Champions.

you really don't like the toffees do you (closet red?)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2020, 10:22:13 AM »
you really don't like the toffees do you (closet red?)

If I was a closet red, you'd find me indifferent about Everton like the actual reds  ;)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2020, 10:23:27 AM »
If I was a closet red, you'd find me indifferent about Everton like the actual reds  ;)

kerching !!  fair point, well made !!   ;D :D
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2020, 10:57:03 AM »

I value your opinion and definition of a top side, but you're being evasive about that definition, why would that be? Or do you genuinely consider there are only 2 top teams in the Premier League, those you mention, based on their finishing positions of last season?

I think our Head Coach and the squad should approach each game with a positive attitude, that's the right thing to do, but as a fan from a distance there will be differing views along the continuum of Extreme Optimism to Extreme Pessimism, some where in the middle is maybe close, but I was just a little right of centre in my assessment is all.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2020, 11:06:08 AM »
I value your opinion and definition of a top side, but you're being evasive about that definition, why would that be? Or do you genuinely consider there are only 2 top teams in the Premier League, those you mention, based on their finishing positions of last season?

I think our Head Coach and the squad should approach each game with a positive attitude, that's the right thing to do, but as a fan from a distance there will be differing views along the continuum of Extreme Optimism to Extreme Pessimism, some where in the middle is maybe close, but I was just a little right of centre in my assessment is all.

At a push you could add the rest of the 'big 6' and Leicester City,  but they all have some quite glaring weaknesses.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2020, 11:17:20 AM »
In general id say most clubs with a genuinely threat of relegation will expect very little from City and Liverpool, and probably not a great deal more from Chelsea or United.

However after that, there is every chance you could get something from games vs everyone else. Plenty of clubs will take points from Spurs, Leicester, Arsenal etc over the course of the season. Probably not on days where they are on it, but those sides have a reasonable number of off days.

So beyond that you certainly shouldn't be writing off fixtures against sides like Everton.

However, with that all said I think I have been clear on where I think we will finish and none of the problems we had last week are likely to be addressed.

So I do  think we will get beat comfortably. Bilic and the team cannot have that mentality though.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2020, 11:25:04 AM »
Just comes down to expectation really. For instance, Burnley are not a top side but I wouldn't expect us to win there. Doesn't mean we can't, we just shouldn't get too enraged if we don't.

We should approach every game, giving ourselves the best chance of getting something, whilst maintaining our integrity. By that, I mean,picking our best 11 and not just 10 donkeys and parking the bus like Pulis would.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2020, 11:48:58 AM »
At a push you could add the rest of the 'big 6' and Leicester City,  but they all have some quite glaring weaknesses.

"Big 6" is still a little vague.

So, we now have a top seven as per Leicester City's inclusion and assuming we are already counting Liverpool and Man City, who are the other four would you say or predict?

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2020, 11:53:26 AM »
"Big 6" is still a little vague.

So, we now have a top seven as per Leicester City's inclusion and assuming we are already counting Liverpool and Man City, who are the other four would you say or predict?

It's not vague. It's known throughout the football world.

Manchester United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2020, 12:10:19 PM »

In my view, the Reds are only indifferent to Everton as they, currently, don't perceive them to be a threat, much like Unite and City a few years back, but now, I would suggest, it's a much different tale.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2020, 12:15:57 PM »
In my view, the Reds are only indifferent to Everton as they, currently, don't perceive them to be a threat, much like Unite and City a few years back, but now, I would suggest, it's a much different tale.

I live and work among them. It's not.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2020, 12:22:39 PM »

All of whom we've beaten in recent years.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2020, 12:22:47 PM »

This season Everton have a great chance of breaking into the top 6. 

They have made 3 great signings added to the other great players they have like Richardalson.  they also have a top manager who has done it in the top leagues in Europe.

For me Everton will surprise a lot of people this year and will finish in the top 6.

With all this I can't see us getting anything than a loss. Just hope its not too bad.

We then have Chelsea, lose that one then its 3 matches 3 defeats.  I wonder if we will score in the first 3 matches or even have a shot on target !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2020, 12:25:37 PM »
All of whom we've beaten in recent years.

Hence why I was reticent to add them to the 2 outstanding sides in the division.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2020, 12:26:13 PM »
Everton have sorted out their midfield. Can't see anything but a thorough defeat for us. Desperate for a striker. All our 3 are turd.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2020, 12:27:06 PM »

They have made 3 great signings added to the other great players they have like Richardalson.  they also have a top manager who has done it in the top leagues in Europe.

For me Everton will surprise a lot of people this year and will finish in the top 6.

With all this I can't see us getting anything than a loss. Just hope its not too bad.

We then have Chelsea, lose that one then its 3 matches 3 defeats.  I wonder if we will score in the first 3 matches or even have a shot on target !!!

Who will drop out of the top 6 then? Very interested to hear this prediction based on 1 match.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2020, 12:31:50 PM »

Like you, if it's at all possible with a game of football, I've applied my logic and that's why I said earlier, I'd take 0-1. I don't want that and my heart says Albion, but........................
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2020, 12:35:23 PM »
I think Everton look much better placed this season to do something, im not scared of them though.

The type of side we could take points off.

Id settle for a draw, think we will lose 2-0 though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2020, 12:45:37 PM »
The 5%-10% chance some may give us for a draw or a win is a lot more valuable than the 60%-70% chance of a defeat greater than 1-0. So let us play the game.
We did have a (decentish) shot on target against Leicester as well.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2020, 01:18:27 PM »
Who will drop out of the top 6 then? Very interested to hear this prediction based on 1 match.

Leicester

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2020, 01:23:21 PM »
Leicester

Very good, where do Arsenal fit in?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2020, 01:24:20 PM »

there can only be 1 top club by definition,

Pedantry I know !
Albion Family !!!

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2020, 01:35:01 PM »
Very good, where do Arsenal fit in?

Top 6  -  Man C, Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Chelsea.