Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327940 times)

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »

He sounds like a greedy little git if you ask me.

To be fair, I wouldn't begrudge any pro footballer to get the most possible. It's his career. As long as once he signs he's in for the long haul.

Will wait and see how this has turned out by tomorrow!?
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2012, 08:16:46 PM »
From what I've managed to decipher from that jiberish is Botafogo (Alvinegro seems to be one of their nicknames since it means 'black and white' and their emblem is black and white) offered him a contract however he was interested in moving to Europe and an offer from West Brom enticed him, although he never ruled out still moving to Botafogo. He then told Botafogo to increase the wages they were offering him substantially, however this greedy attitude shown by Yacob angered them, they refused to increase their offer and they made it clear that they were now unlikely to sign him.

The article then goes on the say that his bad attitude is the opposite of another potential signing, Nicolas Lodeiro (who now seems to have completed the transfer).

He sounds like a greedy little git if you ask me.

Or maybe he was just trying to get the best deal he could for himself and his family.....................he is a professional footballer who works on a contracted basis. Would you take a better deal for yourself at work if it was on offer?................I thought so  ???

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2012, 09:14:44 PM »
A greedy  little git sounds like about 90% of  footballers that.

Should fit in the prem really well then.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #303 on: July 21, 2012, 04:24:52 AM »
According to the Daily Mail Yacob was at The Hawthorns yesterday! It all adds to the mystery:

West Bromwich Albion are hoping to fend off late interest from Brazilian club Botafogo to sign Claudio Yacob on Saturday.
The 24-year-old Argentina midfielder was at The Hawthorns on Friday as they tried to finalise his free transfer from Racing Club. Botafogo had made an improved contract offer.

West Brom have rejected a £4million bid from Al-Gharafa for forward Peter Odemwingie

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176722/Brazilian-club-Botafogo-bid-hijack-West-Brom-Claudio-Yacob.html#ixzz21DvzIszW

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #304 on: July 21, 2012, 05:58:27 AM »
According to the Daily Mail Yacob was at The Hawthorns yesterday! It all adds to the mystery:

West Bromwich Albion are hoping to fend off late interest from Brazilian club Botafogo to sign Claudio Yacob on Saturday.
The 24-year-old Argentina midfielder was at The Hawthorns on Friday as they tried to finalise his free transfer from Racing Club. Botafogo had made an improved contract offer.

West Brom have rejected a £4million bid from Al-Gharafa for forward Peter Odemwingie

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2176722/Brazilian-club-Botafogo-bid-hijack-West-Brom-Claudio-Yacob.html#ixzz21DvzIszW

Very interesting if true. We may have a new signing on our hands.

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #305 on: July 21, 2012, 07:13:03 AM »
The thing that makes me wonder is, the player would be at the training ground not the hawthornes, as the training ground is where all the admin regarding players happens
Ill Sleep when im dead

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #306 on: July 21, 2012, 07:35:09 AM »

Brazilian media is reporting that the Botafogo did not sign Yacob due to his pre contract agreement, and that the player is on his way to England to start for his new club.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #307 on: July 21, 2012, 09:03:14 AM »
CL has said we're hoping to clear it up now and that a pre agreement is signed :) and going to botofago is not an option now
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #308 on: July 21, 2012, 09:11:09 AM »
He could have gone to Rio with the lovely weather and beautiful women but looks like he will be playing in West Bromwich with its many attractions ;D.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #309 on: July 21, 2012, 09:20:53 AM »
He could have gone to Rio with the lovely weather and beautiful women but looks like he will be playing in West Bromwich with its many attractions ;D.

I bet they dont have a 89p shop in Brazil unlike West Bromwich  ;D
Gera, Gera, Gera

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #310 on: July 21, 2012, 09:41:11 AM »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claudio_Yacob

The usual shananigans have took place on wiki - apparently he is already a WBA player wearing number 5

I am like everyone else - he aint ours til the scarf is above his head !!

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #311 on: July 21, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »
By the sound of things I'd say the deal is pretty much done and dusted. It's just typical Albion making us wait!

Hope he signs, will be a class player in the bag if he adapts well!
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

Bakeyaface

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #312 on: July 21, 2012, 09:56:20 AM »
By the sound of things I'd say the deal is pretty much done and dusted. It's just typical Albion making us wait!

Hope he signs, will be a class player in the bag if he adapts well!

I hope so as Borja Valero was supposed to be a cracker. We need a 'Pirlo' kind of player who is a calming influence and good on the ball, helps to link play

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #313 on: July 21, 2012, 10:43:01 AM »
The thing that makes me wonder is, the player would be at the training ground not the hawthornes, as the training ground is where all the admin regarding players happens

I wouldn't doubt it on those grounds as it is easier for the papers to write "the Hawthorns" than bother having to explain about the training ground set up. The term "the Hawthorns" is just a catch-all phrase meaning "at West Bromwich Albion."
« Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 10:46:58 AM by Londonbaggymike »

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2012, 11:33:24 AM »
I hope so as Borja Valero was supposed to be a cracker. We need a 'Pirlo' kind of player who is a calming influence and good on the ball, helps to link play

Borja Valero IS a cracking player. He shows how hard it can be for a certain type of player to adapt or even those who may struggle to adapt to a new culture.
Boing Boing

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2012, 11:40:36 AM »
The way things have gone leave a nasty taste in the mouth and I was hoping we would "sell" him to Botafogo but now he looks Hawthorns bound I hope he hits the ground running. There is a bit of concern in my part that if he does struggle at the tart the fans ill have less patience knowing he tried to pull out.
Boing Boing

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #316 on: July 21, 2012, 12:18:57 PM »
If what we have heard over the last week about him supposedly crying to Botafogo saying he has made a big mistake signing for us than tough he made he has to live with it BUT lets help him change his mind by backing him from the start & not getting on his back before he has kicked a ball.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #317 on: July 21, 2012, 12:23:09 PM »
Borja Valero IS a cracking player. He shows how hard it can be for a certain type of player to adapt or even those who may struggle to adapt to a new culture.

Indeed he is. I often wonder how he would have done if he had the likes of a Mulumbu or Scharner supporting him in midfield. If we had utilised him correctly we would have had a real gem on our hands, thanks to the tactically inept Mowbray, that wasn't to be.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #318 on: July 21, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
If what we have heard over the last week about him supposedly crying to Botafogo saying he has made a big mistake signing for us than tough he made he has to live with it BUT lets help him change his mind by backing him from the start & not getting on his back before he has kicked a ball.

So much now is agents talk and trouble causing, as we know, there are plenty of ways for him to minimise his tax liability (doing a Jimmy Carr), I will judge him solely on his performances, the rest is just fluff and nonesense.
Baggie in Southampton

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #319 on: July 21, 2012, 01:40:57 PM »
Wouldnt surprise me if his missus got cold feet when he got home and told her she was off to the sunny UK.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #320 on: July 21, 2012, 04:38:07 PM »
Wouldnt surprise me if his missus got cold feet when he got home and told her she was off to the sunny UK.

Didn't know he was married & there was i thinking that one our two black country Roses would set him up good.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #321 on: July 21, 2012, 04:58:53 PM »
Indeed he is. I often wonder how he would have done if he had the likes of a Mulumbu or Scharner supporting him in midfield. If we had utilised him correctly we would have had a real gem on our hands, thanks to the tactically inept Mowbray, that wasn't to be.
I think the failure to bring in Thompson (?) led to the mismanagement of Valero. He was part of a package that never came off and was played because of his price tag.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #322 on: July 21, 2012, 09:29:24 PM »
Borja Valero is a good player, who has been capped for Spain in more recent times, and may have been a regular for the team had he been playing 10 years back.

It sounds cliched but his problem seemed mental more than anything else. I mean, for such a good player he's been relegated twice now (one with Villareal) who are a big team in Spain. It just stinks of 'lightweight foreign player who isn't strong enough'. Of course that is Valero, and Yacob may be very different.

However, he hasn't exactly made a great 'start' if he does come.

DudleyBaggieFan

• Reserve Baggie

Claudio Yacob
« Reply #323 on: July 22, 2012, 09:58:56 AM »
Told you he would be signing :)
Wolves 1- 5 WBA
12/2/2012
Never Forgotten

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #324 on: July 22, 2012, 10:20:23 AM »