Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1197606 times)

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #5900 on: November 20, 2020, 05:21:58 PM »
Collectively Leicester has shown contempt for COVID throughout and have been in the top tier of restrictions since March.

Yet it looks like they’re getting a mass vaccine first before the rest of the country which will free them up and get them back to normal.

How is that fair on law abiding towns?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/mass-coronavirus-vaccination-centre-set-4716045
Who will get it first and how soon can I have it?
It depends how old you are, as age is the biggest risk factor for severe Covid-19.

In the UK, older care home residents and care home staff are top of the preliminary priority list. They are followed by health workers such as hospital staff and the over 80s.

People are then ranked by age, with people under 50 at the bottom of the list.

The first jabs may take place before Christmas if everything goes smoothly.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5901 on: November 20, 2020, 05:37:16 PM »

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5902 on: November 20, 2020, 05:55:41 PM »
Judging by things today in my line of work, vaccines will be rolling out very soon to care home residents and staff. GP surgeries are desperately trying to get names of staff and residents and are being rather pushy about it and there are so many barriers to overcome to be able to press on with this as quick as they are wanting information.

It’s going to be a busy few weeks/month in health and social care!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5903 on: November 20, 2020, 07:19:52 PM »
Can't wait for a corona19 vaccine.
I expect to get one no later than January 21.
So by the end of February I should be OK to go outside into the world after shielding & self isolating for almost 12 months in a first floor flat.
We went out for 30 mins in September for our flu/ pneumonia jabs at Boots ,otherwise been indoors.
I had my new car delivered mid September,its been outside all that time, I can only look at it,havnt even sat in it yet!
Thank god for the scientists eh?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5904 on: November 20, 2020, 10:04:26 PM »
So by the end of February I should be OK to go outside into the world after shielding & self isolating for almost 12 months in a first floor flat.
We went out for 30 mins in September for our flu/ pneumonia jabs at Boots ,otherwise been indoors.
I had my new car delivered mid September,its been outside all that time, I can only look at it,havnt even sat in it yet!

Just go out mon!

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5905 on: November 20, 2020, 10:07:11 PM »
Where did you get that date from LB ?
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5906 on: November 20, 2020, 10:14:28 PM »
If restrictions are officially lifted then some people will feel obliged to have to visit family even though this will worry them since they know that doing so puts the family members at risk and would prefer to distance for safety reasons.
There could be very differing views within families on this situation....and lets face it some members of families may well allow themselves a ****-up or two in the Christmas build up and then sit around the dinner table with extended family members.
Or
If people think there may be a real chance of a proper Christmas they actually start to take it more seriously now, which in turns engineers the positive result?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5907 on: November 20, 2020, 10:45:36 PM »
When you see the parents outside the school gates,  no social distance, very few with masks, no wonder the local paper comes out with this headline

This week it was revealed that 70 schools in Worcestershire had sent children home to isolate due to coronavirus cases.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5908 on: November 21, 2020, 12:38:15 AM »
Or
If people think there may be a real chance of a proper Christmas they actually start to take it more seriously now, which in turns engineers the positive result?

I originally wrote a far longer and more rambling response to your post.

It related to those who haven't already taken things seriously regards their thoughts and behaviours and their prospects for changing either of them.

Nothing personal but when I read it back to myself before posting I felt it more appropriate to surmise with the following three words.

Cloud cuckoo land.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:11:17 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5909 on: November 21, 2020, 07:34:31 AM »
Same here Smethdan. Surely what her Majesty's Government does or does not do, regarding lockdown should have little effect. It is people who spread the virus, not the Government per se. Most people will try to adhere to the advice as much as they can, but there will always be those who think rules do not apply to them personally. It is a pity that these will cause the spread to others and not be the only ones to contract the virus. I very much doubt that anyone previously affected by the virus either personally or through family or friends, will be doing much other than strictly observing the advice regardless of lockdown rules.  Until effective and safe vaccines are developed and distributed it will be our behaviour, and only our behaviour that asserts any control over the spread of this terrible virus. By the way loved the phrase 'Knowledgable hindsight'.

I sort of agree with your post, I work in a highly controlled Covid environment, testing, monitoring, cleaning and enforcement.
Basically, get Covid and you won't be working and you won't be paid, there is very little incidence of Covid as a result.
Tends to show that it's laziness, lack of discipline and failure to follow the rules which perpetuates the virus.
Baggie in Southampton

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5910 on: November 21, 2020, 09:28:10 AM »
Birmingham hospitals 'have more Covid patients than anywhere else in country'
Number of Covid admissions to UHB hospitals in November is on course to be DOUBLE the number admitted in April, during first wave peak.

More than 450 patients are currently in Queen Elizabeth, Heartlands and Good Hope hospitals with coronavirus - and admissions keep coming in, putting extreme pressure on the hospitals' services.

The city's main hospitals trust, University Hospitals Birmingham, now has more Covid inpatients than any other trust in the country and is seeing more daily admissions than any other - up to 60 a day.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5911 on: November 21, 2020, 01:57:11 PM »
Hi 68, its an assumption on my part .mate.
My wife is in the high risk category and I'm 68yo.
So I think things will move at pace now and from early Jan for 1st jab then end of Jan for 2nd jab.
Its been a long time waiting mate.
Stay safe to you and yours.

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5912 on: November 21, 2020, 02:41:50 PM »
 sja are expected to deliver 30k volunteers to be vacinators and other staff to the NHS by end of March . That's direct from a sja employee working on it. 

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5913 on: November 21, 2020, 06:21:05 PM »
sja are expected to deliver 30k volunteers to be vacinators and other staff to the NHS by end of March . That's direct from a sja employee working on it.
Interesting. Unconfirmed reports in the media today suggest that they are looking for the entire adult population to be vaccinated by April. I know some training has to be done for this but given the anticipated big vaccine push I'm just wondering why the sja wouldn't be involved earlier ?

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5914 on: November 21, 2020, 08:57:40 PM »
Hi 68, its an assumption on my part .mate.
My wife is in the high risk category and I'm 68yo.
So I think things will move at pace now and from early Jan for 1st jab then end of Jan for 2nd jab.
Its been a long time waiting mate.
Stay safe to you and yours.
Cheers mate and the same to you and yours. I'm 74 and am hoping to get the vaccine and back to home and away games a.s.a.p i feel that I have just given up a year of a normally active life.
Chin up mate and stay safe.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5915 on: November 21, 2020, 09:02:30 PM »
Cheers mate and the same to you and yours. I'm 74 and am hoping to get the vaccine and back to home and away games a.s.a.p i feel that I have just given up a year of a normally active life.
Chin up mate and stay safe.

I can only echo what you say here 68. Let’s have this vaccine and start living again. I still love all things Albion but feel ‘distanced’ from the club at the moment. It’s become soulless don’t you think?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5916 on: November 23, 2020, 10:57:16 AM »
UK coronavirus LIVE: End of lockdown tiers to be revealed as Oxford vaccine ‘up to 90% effective’

It is understood that non-essential shops can open in all three tiers after the current restrictions expire on December 2. However, pubs and restaurants will face the harshest of the new measures with businesses in the new Tier 3 only allowed to offer takeaways. The measures are expected to be further relaxed around Christmas.

Meanwhile, a coronavirus vaccine developed in the UK by AstraZeneca and Oxford University has been hailed after trials showed it can prevent up to 90 per cent of people from getting Covid-19.

Hospitality hit the hardest again, you can say goodbye to some small independent pubs.  >:(

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5917 on: November 23, 2020, 12:57:42 PM »
I can only echo what you say here 68. Let’s have this vaccine and start living again. I still love all things Albion but feel ‘distanced’ from the club at the moment. It’s become soulless don’t you think?

Yes I know what you mean, the long absence from attending games , will not affect me in the future , but I fear we will lose some support, post Covid, and I have spoken with quite a few supporters who like yourself feel they have become distanced from the club. I must confess that watching these games on TV seems to have little to do with what I crave for which is to be back in the real environment of football.The club has done very little to "embrace " it's supporters except the telephone calls to older, and vulnerable supporters during the original lockdown. This was a very welcome thing for many, although in my own case I received a call from a very polite young man , who clearly new little or nothing about W.B.A.

I saw no message of congratulations to the Management team and players from Li Piyue, and
since Mark Jenkins left the club there has been no comment from Xu Ke, or Mark Miles to try and stay "close" to it's supporters.
I wonder if today's speculation about a possible potential sale is the reason for the silence coming out of the Hawthorns?

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5918 on: November 23, 2020, 03:22:01 PM »
I have had a couple of calls from the Club during this latest lockdown, having had one first time around from Ally Robertson. The lady that calls me now is very nice and we have a good chat. It is a shame that we don’t receive any communications from the owner and the CEO.

My enthusiasm for football has diminished considerably, though, during this coronavirus period and that is down to a number of factors, VAR being at the top of the list. TV coverage has worsened, the knee bending nonsense is a turn off, the rubbish refs, cheating (diving) players, etc, etc.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5919 on: November 23, 2020, 03:25:16 PM »
I just read that The Government might let Crowds into the Ground I think West Brim might not get it as Sandwell might be put into Tier 3 but Walsall where I live can have 2,000 fans as it is in Tier 2 same for Wolves not sure about Villa and Tier 1 can have 4,000 they might as well not bother because some clubs will now gain extra income than others. I think only Lower League Sides should be allowed to do it to help them.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5920 on: November 23, 2020, 03:58:00 PM »
I never thought that i would feel like i do now about going to the Albion 50 odd years missing Birthday's weddings and loads of other things like many others on here. But i don't feel the same now they are so far away from us normal people it's a joke, i think from now on i will stick to Cricket. I am a member of the England football supporters club and the England Cricket supporters club all through the pandemic i have had 3 Emails from the Football. From the cricket i have had an Email at least once a month! On a brighter note my Grandaughter as almost recovered from the Virus and is going back to work next week! She said that it is horrible and she wouldn't want anyone to catch it she was quite ill and she is young fit and healthy.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5921 on: November 23, 2020, 04:06:10 PM »
I don't know if others will agree but football like anything else is a habit one that people have had to do without thanks to this wretched virus it's got me to thinking I wonder how many won't bother returning to football matches once the grounds reopen?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5922 on: November 23, 2020, 04:24:32 PM »
I'll put my name in the hat for a ticket.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5923 on: November 23, 2020, 05:50:29 PM »
Be grateful you don't live in Switzerland they have asked people over 60 to sign a do not resuscitate order  :o :o
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8978525/Doctors-ask-people-vulnerable-covid-sign-not-resuscitate-orders-Switzerland.html

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5924 on: November 23, 2020, 08:30:58 PM »
Be grateful you don't live in Switzerland they have asked people over 60 to sign a do not resuscitate order  :o :o
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8978525/Doctors-ask-people-vulnerable-covid-sign-not-resuscitate-orders-Switzerland.html

They're asking people to think about what they want to happen should they need to be resuscitated. It's a very invasive procedure, and you're likely to end up with a few broken ribs at the very least. They haven't asked them to sign anything, but think about whether they would prefer to have a dignified death. You can go from healthy to on a ventilator very quickly, so having these things sorted out before you end up in hospital saves loved ones a difficult decision.

He/him