Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556734 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #10375 on: February 04, 2017, 06:11:56 PM »
Agree, brought him on far too early as it's obvious he's months away from fitness.

I think it may all go sour quite quickly if he keeps playing him with no end result.
who cares? As Pulis said he is no longer our problem, can we just please please forget him now?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10376 on: February 04, 2017, 07:57:03 PM »
So pleased we welcomed him so loudly.
So pleased he's no someone else's problem.
Made zero difference when he came on and it looked like men against a boy as MaCauley and Dawson never  broke sweat against him.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10377 on: February 04, 2017, 08:06:46 PM »
who cares? As Pulis said he is no longer our problem, can we just please please forget him now?

I agree, but as he's playing us today I think it makes him thread-worthy, otherwise like all of our ex-players I sometimes keep an eye out for them in the back of my mind.

On to today. It was only 20 minutes but it was a carbon copy of one of his performances for us, this time last year. Not involved, looked unfit and was a waste of a player. It will be interesting to see how he goes from here, but like you say - he is no longer our problem  :D

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10378 on: February 04, 2017, 08:30:29 PM »
Well he showed us all what weve been missing for the last 18 months or so. NOWT.

Downunder Stripes

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #10379 on: February 04, 2017, 08:32:07 PM »
Welcome back Saido !
http://streamable.com/cxgo3

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10380 on: February 04, 2017, 08:41:08 PM »
On today`s performance we ain`t going to get the other 3 mill He is fat overweight and a yard to slow Looks like the best bit of business anyone did in the transfer window well done TP AND WILLIAMS

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10381 on: February 04, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
Part of me for his sake wants him to get his career back on track but he had no impact today whatsoever. No quick bursts or making runs into the channels ... Mark Hughes could well get worried about this signing pretty quickly.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #10382 on: February 04, 2017, 09:31:21 PM »
Berahino = ****
Stoke = bunch of *****
Nothing more to be said
 ???
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

Avonbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10383 on: February 04, 2017, 09:40:21 PM »
As per other poster, Saido had a total of 4 touches after he came on. 3 were in the same move and the fourth was when he lost the ball and we went up the pitch. Total waster. Won't be missed  ;D

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10384 on: February 04, 2017, 09:53:07 PM »
Didnt take the Stoke fans long to start getting suspicious that they have been sold a dud. The euphoria lasted all of two weeks

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10385 on: February 04, 2017, 10:38:28 PM »
Some deluded Stoke fans saying he will come good when fit, not realising that what they have seen, well that is it.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10386 on: February 04, 2017, 10:44:17 PM »
He was never rapid, but he was sharp, the body recomp he's seemingly done intentionally seems to have robbed him of that yard of pace and for me he'll now never recapture the early promise.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10387 on: February 04, 2017, 10:58:01 PM »
He was never rapid, but he was sharp, the body recomp he's seemingly done intentionally seems to have robbed him of that yard of pace and for me he'll now never recapture the early promise.

I think you may be right.I don't believe he's overweight, but I do believe that he has bulked up through training and this has damaged his game.

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10388 on: February 05, 2017, 08:27:01 AM »
Interesting the sun jorno on the radio this morning confirmed the mail had the story 4 weeks ago and asked pullis direct if it was true, pullis denied it. I think Hughes owes him an apology
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10389 on: February 05, 2017, 12:45:03 PM »

There is photo in the Mail of SB next to Gmac. Berahino has massive bulk on his torso and Gmac, 14 years older is as slim as you like. SB looks like one of those overweight non league players you see in the FA Cup!

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10390 on: February 05, 2017, 08:21:31 PM »
Wow!

He really does seem to be developing very well. Hopefully we have a star on our hands

A moment of poignant reminisence of what might have been...

Smooth Lad

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10391 on: February 05, 2017, 08:26:11 PM »
There is photo in the Mail of SB next to Gmac. Berahino has massive bulk on his torso and Gmac, 14 years older is as slim as you like. SB looks like one of those overweight non league players you see in the FA Cup!

And this one...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C313nBGWMAItiSn.jpg:large
Keep St.George in my heart.

fatboy_coach

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10392 on: February 05, 2017, 10:01:27 PM »
And this one...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C313nBGWMAItiSn.jpg:large

Bloody hell, did they have to get XL shorts from the shop like Razor Ruddock at the end of his career?! :P ;D

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #10393 on: February 05, 2017, 10:06:33 PM »
at least we know what he sniffs..............sweaty armpits.

Baggy nerd

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10394 on: February 05, 2017, 11:23:17 PM »
Berahino and Gmac similar in so many ways...I just can't think of them at the moment.

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10395 on: February 07, 2017, 11:47:25 AM »
Ever bought a secondhand car only to get it home & you find out it's fugged?  :'(

For Sale:

Manufacturer:Berahino
Model:          S (MK1)
Year:            1993
Made:           Burundi
Developed:   West Bromwich (UK)
Mileage:       Very high (some might say very, very high)
MOT:            No (failed last test)
Fuel:            Hybrid (Gas & Coke)
Guarantee:   None! due to high maintenance costs

The curves on this model will get heads turning & people definitely talking, 1 extremely careful owner from new, initial usage was excellent but has let a lot of people down recently.
Price reduced down to £12 million from £20 million only a few months ago, this was due to niggling issues such as re-shaping around the middle & excessive attitude problems.
Can be viewed waddling around a Premier league ground near you but be quick as this model wont be there for long.

EDIT: *SOLD* to a Mr Hughes in Stoke on Trent
Please note this was 'sold as seen' there are definitely, definitely NO returns (even if you did find a little leak after purchase)   
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10396 on: February 07, 2017, 11:50:02 AM »
Ever bought a secondhand car only to get it home & you find out it's fugged?  :'(

For Sale:

The curves on this model will get heads turning & people definitely talking, 1 extremely careful owner from new, initial usage was excellent but has let a lot of people down recently.
Price reduced down to £12 million from £20 million only a few months ago, this was due to niggling issues such as re-shaping around the middle & excessive attitude problems.
Can be viewed waddling around a Premier league ground near you but be quick as this model wont be there for long.

Please note this was 'sold as seen' there are definitely, definitely NO returns (even if you did find a little leak after purchase)

Very good luv. That needs to go on Oatcake!!!!
MAGA!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10397 on: February 07, 2017, 12:10:53 PM »

For Sale:

That is brilliant

Give that man a hand  8)
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10398 on: February 07, 2017, 01:00:18 PM »
That is brilliant

Give that man a hand  8)

He'll need a hand to get Saido off the parking lot  :o .

Sounds like a right heap  :P .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10399 on: February 07, 2017, 01:18:30 PM »
Just gets better.

Collymore now in the papers saying he 'should have mentored Berahino'  ;D

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/stoke-city-i-should-have-mentored-troubled-berahino-says-stan-collymore/story-30117626-detail/story.html

When the fat kid wasn't out of his face Stan could have took him round some of his old haunts.
Mainly woodland car parks.
What a role model to any young player.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'