Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556755 times)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9525 on: December 13, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »
He's just too short for his weight.
For his weight he should be 9ft 6"
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9526 on: December 13, 2016, 11:49:50 AM »
I can't see where he'd fit in ( not a size joke ;D).
For me he wouldn't replace Rondon , not sure he can play the popular one up front role....in fact I'd sooner see HRK given a go first.
The slot behind Rondon he once had is between Chadli , Morrison and possibly Phillips now.
The slots out wide between Phillips , Brunt , McClean ,Chadli and Leko.
The above is how far Saido has let things go since Spurs gate , not 100% his fault but at the end of the day he controls his destiny.
Right now I wouldn't play him above any of the above mentioned players , its going to be a very long road back for Saido Imo .
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9527 on: December 13, 2016, 11:58:16 AM »
I can't see where he'd fit in ( not a size joke ;D).
For me he wouldn't replace Rondon , not sure he can play the popular one up front role....in fact I'd sooner see HRK given a go first.
The slot behind Rondon he once had is between Chadli , Morrison and possibly Phillips now.
The slots out wide between Phillips , Brunt , McClean ,Chadli and Leko.
The above is how far Saido has let things go since Spurs gate , not 100% his fault but at the end of the day he controls his destiny.
Right now I wouldn't play him above any of the above mentioned players , its going to be a very long road back for Saido Imo .

I don't want to see him in an Albion shirt again. In footballing terms as a professional he's a waster, a loser. He's a bad apple that needs chucking in the bin.

I hope we get rid at the next available opportunity.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9528 on: December 13, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »
Rather than it being a long road back I think at this point he has veered off the said road so much he doesn't have enough time to get back on track before his career is over.

At this stage I just can't see any other scenario than him than slowely fading down the leagues in the same manner as the likes of Luke Moore

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9529 on: December 13, 2016, 12:08:43 PM »
Rather than it being a long road back I think at this point he has veered off the said road so much he doesn't have enough time to get back on track before his career is over.

At this stage I just can't see any other scenario than him than slowely fading down the leagues in the same manner as the likes of Luke Moore
Agree with that said it for a while , I think coming back this time really is his last roll of the dice.Even then I suspect he's lost too much development time.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9530 on: December 13, 2016, 12:16:33 PM »
Agree with that said it for a while , I think coming back this time really is his last roll of the dice.Even then I suspect he's lost too much development time.

Totally agree
Before all the rubbish about moving to Spurs it the fan i would have put him ahead of Harry Kane has England's new young forward prospect.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9531 on: December 13, 2016, 01:07:57 PM »
Totally agree with Atomic would`nt have him anywhere near the Hawthorn`s total and complete pratt.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9532 on: December 13, 2016, 01:40:57 PM »
Fully understand what you are saying. He has sort of apologised to the fans but now he has to deliver. I too cannot see a space for him in the team we now have, so I see him at best as a squad player on the bench who can replace Rondon when required or contribute to a shape change during a game. I would like to see him gradually introduced back into the squad, but he has to want to do that himself as the majority of the crowd are still against him. Hopefully he will bang a few in, increase his stock [which is on the floor at the moment] and we can still get money for him.

If he doesn't sign up to that then he can 'do one' as far as I am concerned.......
MAGA!

baggiedom

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #9533 on: December 13, 2016, 03:07:26 PM »
Personally i dont want him anywhere near first team ever again! is it a coincidence we have had the best run for a while when hes nowhere near the first team set up??
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 09:23:26 AM by MarkW »

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9534 on: December 13, 2016, 03:17:53 PM »
Personally i dnt want him anywhere near first team ever again!is it a coincidence we have had the best run for a while when hes nowhere near the first team set up??
Yes, I think it is a coincidence. We will have bad runs when he is nowhere near the team as well. But I agree with you that he shouldn't be near the first team. I think the current posturing by the club is one last throw of the dice to get some mug to pay a bit of money for him in January.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9535 on: December 13, 2016, 03:40:44 PM »
Personally i dnt want him anywhere near first team ever again!is it a coincidence we have had the best run for a while when hes nowhere near the first team set up??

He was also nowhere near the team when we were garbage before our recent run of form, which is only 4 games old to be fair, so I don't get the logic of that.
MAGA!

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9536 on: December 13, 2016, 04:54:10 PM »
Never liked him, but funny how many fans who previously backed him and used the "hes an Albion player" now want him nowhere the squad after realizing we had far better players already at the club.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9537 on: December 13, 2016, 04:55:45 PM »
Made it well known over the past eighteen months I want him nowhere near the side, even if he were our best player. Remain fed up of hearing about him and depresses me that over the next 7 months we will hear about him virtually non-stop with the transfer wranglings to come before he finally leaves come July.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9538 on: December 13, 2016, 05:50:22 PM »
Just out of interest did anyone go to watch the U23's last night?

If so what were your impressions of his fitness and general application please?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9539 on: December 13, 2016, 05:57:09 PM »
Just out of interest did anyone go to watch the U23's last night?

If so what were your impressions of his fitness and general application please?

Both looked fine, but he was playing 'with the kids', this is someone who was apparently worth around £20/25m... if he looked anything but whilst playing with them then things would be alot more worrying.

But like others have said, where does he fit into the squad ATM? ... we signed chadli who was 'the best player we got' when it happened yet the team are playing so well its keeping him on the bench... so what chance does saido have, pulis is obviously going to get him involved with the squad as he has already stated so it will be an interesting next few games that's for sure.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9540 on: December 13, 2016, 06:11:28 PM »
Both looked fine, but he was playing 'with the kids'

Excellent, thank you very much.

I know what you mean regards the level of those around him, but I'm looking at it from a slightly different angle.

He applied himself when it would have been easier to say 'naughty word it, this is beneath me'.

Not about to claim all is good and will be forgotten or forgiven by the way.

Just pleased to hear he got involved and didn't stink the place out or drag those around him down.

Cheers again.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9541 on: December 13, 2016, 06:34:01 PM »

I don't want to see him in an Albion shirt again. In footballing terms as a professional he's a waster, a loser. He's a bad apple that needs chucking in the bin.

I hope we get rid at the next available opportunity.
fully agree how people still back this waste of space and boo players like fletcher and olsson who train every day and want to play for the club is shocking get rid 1st of jan..i really hope i never see him anywhere near 1st team on match day

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9542 on: December 13, 2016, 06:57:27 PM »
Excellent, thank you very much.

I know what you mean regards the level of those around him, but I'm looking at it from a slightly different angle.

He applied himself when it would have been easier to say 'naughty word it, this is beneath me'.

Not about to claim all is good and will be forgotten or forgiven by the way.

Just pleased to hear he got involved and didn't stink the place out or drag those around him down.

Cheers again.

Completely understand and agree with what your saying.

As long as he keeps it up now and gives it his best whilst he's still here... I don't think he will win the fans over but as long as he don't do anything stupid either then people have no reason to moan and we can carry on enjoying the way we are playing atm without saido being in the squad being a negative.

After all, people are expecting not to see him in a baggies shirt again but the harsh reality is the club STILL want him to sign a new contract... but because it's not what people want, people like to believe it's not a possibility.

But I think he has a very very long way to go before he's playing in our first team with regards to how the team is performing ATM... only time will tell.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9543 on: December 13, 2016, 09:27:34 PM »
Think Pulis is just getting him ready to be sold in  January. Get him back in the frame, put his name out there again and hopefully somebody will come in and buy him.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9544 on: December 13, 2016, 09:50:37 PM »
Think Pulis is just getting him ready to be sold in  January. Get him back in the frame, put his name out there again and hopefully somebody will come in and buy him.

I think this has been the plan for the past 2-3 months.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9545 on: December 13, 2016, 10:39:02 PM »

Bit of a gamble though if no one wants him, pulis isn't stupid.. can't see the club doing all this because they think they might be able to sell him.

People are forgetting pulis wants him at the club, the club want to keep him (regardless if he wants to be here or not).... its the fans that don't want him - Pulis isn't going to want to sell just to please the fans.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9546 on: December 13, 2016, 10:50:14 PM »
Bit of a gamble though if no one wants him, pulis isn't stupid.. can't see the club doing all this because they think they might be able to sell him.

People are forgetting pulis wants him at the club, the club want to keep him (regardless if he wants to be here or not).... its the fans that don't want him - Pulis isn't going to want to sell just to please the fans.
never been able to decide what pulis really wants regarding saido, cannot see anyone stumping up the cash we want for saido now, I think that horse has long bolted.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9547 on: December 13, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »
PULIS wants him out only getting him fit to sell take no notice of all thats being said we have to be seen to be doing the right thing . The shithole does`nt want to stay and i for 1 don`t want him here be glad to see the back of the little scumbag.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9548 on: December 14, 2016, 12:34:53 AM »
PULIS wants him out only getting him fit to sell take no notice of all thats being said we have to be seen to be doing the right thing . The shithole does`nt want to stay and i for 1 don`t want him here be glad to see the back of the little scumbag.

Got any links for pulis wanting him out or is it just your opinion that you believe are facts?

Personally I don't feel like there is any point him being here... for 2 REALISTIC reasons...

1) do we need him right now? No.. we're doing fine without
2) where do any of us seeing him fitting in? I wouldn't put him before any player when you consider his form and any other players form at this moment in time

But do you really think that if pulis or the club wanted him gone... he would still be here after going through all this to keep him here?

Common sense should answer that question.

Mooncat

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9549 on: December 14, 2016, 08:27:58 AM »
TP wants a player he can utilise in the squad - until such time as the club sells him, that player is Saido, so he's not going to say he wants rid as that could cause problems between him and the player.
What TP's personal views on the matter are would be more telling - but ultimately, as he's said on many occasions, a fit and focused Berahino are an asset to the club, and if we get that then great. No manager wants a player in the squad that they can't call on, but how they manage that relationship in the interim is the key.