Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556757 times)

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9100 on: September 18, 2016, 09:39:01 AM »
Forget about saido for a second and Regardless of what he's done, how he's playing, who he is, what people think of him.... booing a player (to me), is a lot more pathetic and immature than Saido or any other player has ever been, being a player myself (not at the level of Saido no but whatever level your playing at makes no difference), there is just no need for it.

Shoot me down all you like for being completely against booing players, I can't stand pulis and never have done since he was at Stoke but not once have I boo'd him, it's just not in my nature...(although pulis is having a worse effect on our club than Saido is). I feel I'm a lot more mature and grown up than that and if that offends anyone like it has done with certain people who I have clearly annoyed with the way they have replied to some of my posts then I'm sorry but maybe people should think about what they say and how they are acting before they judge what players have said and how they have acted. Pot kettle black  ::)

Like baggiejohn has pretty much said, pulis is not going to pick a player who he feels is not interested, not willing and not fit, (sorry to break some of your hearts but he clearly knows more than us, as much as people think they know everything) but because it's Saido, if you don't slag him off people jump down your throat for having an opinion.

Myself, I don't believe there is any way back for him at our club and to be quite honest, I don't really care... but if Pulis is picking him... regardless if he gets boo'd or not.... he's still in our squad and if he's not going to be used then that's the waste of a space in the first team or on the bench. He only has himself to blame for what he's done and how he's acted, but for him not warming up and taking part yesterday... thats only a result in the fans booing him.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9101 on: September 18, 2016, 10:11:09 AM »
There is a difference between booing one of our players who have a bad game, and that i would never condone.
But an individual who deliberately goes out to have a bad game, and show no interest in the club,it's fans and his team mates while still picking up his wages deserves everything he gets.
Look at the disgraceful abuse a Chris Brunt has endured for basically being loyal and playing when and where asked.
We have some brain dead fans yes, but not all of those who boo someone who is basically defrauding our club are.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9102 on: September 18, 2016, 10:22:22 AM »
Forget about saido for a second and Regardless of what he's done, how he's playing, who he is, what people think of him.... booing a player (to me), is a lot more pathetic and immature than Saido or any other player has ever been, being a player myself (not at the level of Saido no but whatever level your playing at makes no difference), there is just no need for it.

Shoot me down all you like for being completely against booing players, I can't stand pulis and never have done since he was at Stoke but not once have I boo'd him, it's just not in my nature...(although pulis is having a worse effect on our club than Saido is). I feel I'm a lot more mature and grown up than that and if that offends anyone like it has done with certain people who I have clearly annoyed with the way they have replied to some of my posts then I'm sorry but maybe people should think about what they say and how they are acting before they judge what players have said and how they have acted. Pot kettle black  ::)

Like baggiejohn has pretty much said, pulis is not going to pick a player who he feels is not interested, not willing and not fit, (sorry to break some of your hearts but he clearly knows more than us, as much as people think they know everything) but because it's Saido, if you don't slag him off people jump down your throat for having an opinion.

Myself, I don't believe there is any way back for him at our club and to be quite honest, I don't really care... but if Pulis is picking him... regardless if he gets boo'd or not.... he's still in our squad and if he's not going to be used then that's the waste of a space in the first team or on the bench. He only has himself to blame for what he's done and how he's acted, but for him not warming up and taking part yesterday... thats only a result in the fans booing him.
So, as a result of fans booing him, he goes into a sulk and refuses to participate. This is the primary reason he gets booed in the first place, so it's a vicious circle. I cannot believe that there are people who still have sympathy for him, maybe the club haven't been fair with him, he is just short on confidence, he is trying too hard etc. For me this is just naive wishful thinking. I seriously don't think he has any future at the top level of football, its not only his dreadful attitude, lack of application, and general knobbishness, I also don't think he is especially good

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9103 on: September 18, 2016, 10:53:34 AM »
divinewind - there is no difference whatsoever, why do fans feel they have to boo? where is it going to get them? what are they going to achieve? ... absolutely nothing, its not going to change who pulis picks each week... and like more than one person has mentioned, saido going out deliberately to have a bad game is not the case... i feel its more a confidence issure.. you or anyone else on here don't work with him, pulis and the rest of the coaching staff etc do and if they saw he was deliberately going out to have a bad game, not show interest in the club and team mates (although ive personally seen him with team mates having a laugh and a joke not so long back), do you really think pulis would still let him even on the bench?! come on be realistic.

As for the brain dead fans, i completely agree with you.

Timdon - who on here has had sympathy for him? your just turning my comment into something its not, Me personally i said months ago.. he should be dropped out the squad and forced to force his way back in by impressing the same as i believe every player who is playing sh*t should be and if you actually read my original comment, as a result of booing he did not go into a sulk and refuse to participate, PULIS chose not to involve him due to the obvious reason that 1) he's not in the best of forms as it is and 2) being boo'd will only knock his confidence more than it is.

We all have opinions but people need to realise that not everyone is going to agree with them.

putting saido aside, my point is... booing is ridiculous, embarrassing, pathetic and immature - that's my opinion and im not going to stoop down to saidos level of maturity and boo OUR players.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9104 on: September 18, 2016, 10:55:27 AM »
Great to see him NOT on the pitch after his awful start to the season. The whole mood of the team and stadium seemed better with this guy off the scene.

Just wish we had cashed in on him last month - he looks shot for us.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9105 on: September 18, 2016, 11:21:55 AM »
So, as a result of fans booing him, he goes into a sulk and refuses to participate. This is the primary reason he gets booed in the first place, so it's a vicious circle. I cannot believe that there are people who still have sympathy for him, maybe the club haven't been fair with him, he is just short on confidence, he is trying too hard etc. For me this is just naive wishful thinking. I seriously don't think he has any future at the top level of football, its not only his dreadful attitude, lack of application, and general knobbishness, I also don't think he is especially good

I'm not sure that's what happened. The atmosphere was pretty good yesterday, introducing Saido could have soured it, I believe it was Pulis's decision not to bring Saido on, not Saido's.

I think he might play in away games for a while, can't see him playing at home again.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9106 on: September 18, 2016, 11:40:02 AM »
He gets the move he wants. Would a club want to pay over £15m compensation or get him for say around £7m by doing it this way? As I said it looks like a complicated deal but it is possible, he will feel he owes us absolutely nothing and as always will be looking out for only himself.

That's true, in the same way that Peace was looking out for himself by denying him the move. I agree that Peace was right to stand his ground, but I also feel it's unfair to hammer Berahino for doing what's right for him. It's not like the kid is on 100k/week.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9107 on: September 18, 2016, 11:52:19 AM »
What a load of c##p VANDERLEI Bera started this rubbish by saying he wouldn't play for us again and his actions and demeanour since shows the character  of the spoiled little brat sooner gone the better the whole place will be lifted when he`s out the door.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9108 on: September 18, 2016, 11:56:07 AM »
Think everything has been said about him really. I think we can already talk about Berahino in the past tense now . His good days for Albion are well and truly gone , he may chip in a bit now and again until January but we all need to move on , him included.

Hopefully we can keep Rondon and Chadlin fit as that partnership has real potential.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9109 on: September 18, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
What a load of c##p VANDERLEI Bera started this rubbish by saying he wouldn't play for us again and his actions and demeanour since shows the character  of the spoiled little brat sooner gone the better the whole place will be lifted when he`s out the door.

That's what happens when you get ****** over in a gentleman's agreement. You blame him, but you don't know what he was promised behind closed doors. Peace has **** all over his employees in the past, and has continued to do so up until his departure. I'm not saying Berahino isn't a prick, but put yourself in his shoes for a minute rather than forming a judgement on what you read?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9110 on: September 18, 2016, 03:21:39 PM »
Put myself in his shoes with the money he`s on and the support he`s had since we bought him to the club and he treats the club like he has what with his driving ,his smoking his texting and his petulance when we said he can`t go to spuds how do you want the club to react.AND WHAT GENTLEMAN`S AGREEMENT you yourself don`t no what went on so how can you tell me we no he did the above and the sooner he`s gone the better WE made him what he was 18 months ago he`s made himself what he is since ABSOLUTE RUBBISH .

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9111 on: September 18, 2016, 03:26:37 PM »
Put myself in his shoes with the money he`s on and the support he`s had since we bought him to the club and he treats the club like he has what with his driving ,his smoking his texting and his petulance when we said he can`t go to spuds how do you want the club to react.AND WHAT GENTLEMAN`S AGREEMENT you yourself don`t no what went on so how can you tell me we no he did the above and the sooner he`s gone the better WE made him what he was 18 months ago he`s made himself what he is since ABSOLUTE RUBBISH .

I agree with you, he has single handedly destroyed his own career.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:52:00 PM by The Black Pearl »
Baggie in Southampton

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9112 on: September 18, 2016, 03:36:12 PM »
That's what happens when you get ****** over in a gentleman's agreement. You blame him, but you don't know what he was promised behind closed doors. Peace has **** all over his employees in the past, and has continued to do so up until his departure. I'm not saying Berahino isn't a prick, but put yourself in his shoes for a minute rather than forming a judgement on what you read?

16K a week, I'd love to mate.
They all need a bloody reality check.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9113 on: September 18, 2016, 03:38:55 PM »
I agree with you, he has single headedly destroyed his own career.

Is that a pun on his heading skills? Either way I love it.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9114 on: September 18, 2016, 03:50:46 PM »
Should have sold him to Spurs he'd have got so many splinters in his backside by sitting on the bench. Just phase him out now, its unlikely we will get much money for him now. By the way perhaps he should have gone to Stoke to fight a relegation battle. 4-0 down at Palace😊

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9115 on: September 18, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »
16K a week, I'd love to mate.
They all need a bloody reality check.

Why does everyone begrudge the wages? I'd love a guaranteed 16k/week, but realistically, Berahino is worth at least 3 times that. Why shouldn't he try to maximise his limited career? Because "supporters" say so?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9116 on: September 18, 2016, 04:40:06 PM »
Why does everyone begrudge the wages? I'd love a guaranteed 16k/week, but realistically, Berahino is worth at least 3 times that. Why shouldn't he try to maximise his limited career? Because "supporters" say so?

2 seasons ago he was bumped up to that 16k a week from £850 because he did the business on the pitch, its ok maximising your earning potential but you are not going to get huge wages if a. you are not doing it on the pitch and b. having off-field issues whilst trying to make your way in the game as a young player

Sorry but Berahino is not worth 3 times his current wages as he simply doesnt justify it..

If I remember correctly he was offered a huge contract by us in the summer to sign worth a huge amount of money and he wouldnt sign it so he had the opportunity to maximise his earning potential and turned it down so that he wasn't tied to Albion any longer and from what we hear will join a club abroad meaning we get nothing in return for bringing him through.

Ive got no sympathy for him at all, he has gone backwards and whilst his attitude stays that way he will only continue to go backwards

2 years ago he was the brightest striker coming through in England, now he is a lazy carthorse playing for himself and not doing himself any favours.

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9117 on: September 18, 2016, 04:48:59 PM »
A serious injury and he will be finished.
He should have got his head down and signed a new contract.
Total plank.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9118 on: September 18, 2016, 04:50:16 PM »
2 seasons ago he was bumped up to that 16k a week from £850 because he did the business on the pitch, its ok maximising your earning potential but you are not going to get huge wages if a. you are not doing it on the pitch and b. having off-field issues whilst trying to make your way in the game as a young player

Sorry but Berahino is not worth 3 times his current wages as he simply doesnt justify it..

If I remember correctly he was offered a huge contract by us in the summer to sign worth a huge amount of money and he wouldnt sign it so he had the opportunity to maximise his earning potential and turned it down so that he wasn't tied to Albion any longer and from what we hear will join a club abroad meaning we get nothing in return for bringing him through.

Ive got no sympathy for him at all, he has gone backwards and whilst his attitude stays that way he will only continue to go backwards

2 years ago he was the brightest striker coming through in England, now he is a lazy carthorse playing for himself and not doing himself any favours.

Tom, I normally agree with what you post but if you think Berahino's talents don't warrant 45k+/week then you've got it wrong. There are strikers who won't get 20 goals a season in the Prem that are on more than that. Whether players wages are inflated is another subject entirely, but I can assure you, he will be on more than 50k/week, this time next year, because he is worth it (sorry David Ginola)..

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9119 on: September 18, 2016, 04:54:21 PM »
Tom, I normally agree with what you post but if you think Berahino's talents don't warrant 45k+/week then you've got it wrong. There are strikers who won't get 20 goals a season in the Prem that are on more than that. Whether players wages are inflated is another subject entirely, but I can assure you, he will be on more than 50k/week, this time next year, because he is worth it (sorry David Ginola)..

They don't warrant that at the moment though is my point, 2 seasons ago he scored 20 goals in all comps and got given 16k a week, since then he has nosedived.

Ive no doubt he will get 50k+ a week somewhere but thats purely because he won't have a transfer fee not because he has done enough to warrant those kind of wages
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9120 on: September 18, 2016, 06:44:33 PM »
Pulis told Berahino at the start of last season he could leave and wasn't part of his plans. Peace didn't sell him and he's not performed since. I think there are a number of people who are culpable for the Berahino that we have today and it won't get better (for him or us) until he has left. It is a shame considering the amount of work that we had invested in him over many number of years but football is a ruthless industry and you rarely have control of your own destiny.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9121 on: September 18, 2016, 06:44:39 PM »

You don't know what was promised either, isn't it about time you let go of your dislike of Peace and looked objectively at Berahinos behaviour from his loan, immature texts, inhaling laughing gas, driving antics to his poor performances etc. etc.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9122 on: September 18, 2016, 07:46:44 PM »
Pulis told Berahino at the start of last season he could leave and wasn't part of his plans. Peace didn't sell him and he's not performed since. I think there are a number of people who are culpable for the Berahino that we have today and it won't get better (for him or us) until he has left. It is a shame considering the amount of work that we had invested in him over many number of years but football is a ruthless industry and you rarely have control of your own destiny.

Peace didn't sell him because we didn't receive anything like an acceptable offer for him.  Being told that he can leave does not equate to being given away.  Spurs made a ridiculous offer at way past the 11th hour which they knew would never be acceptable, hoping that Berahino would force the move.  That caused all the problems with Berahino.  Spurs and Levy are as much to blame as anybody for what then ensued.

Personally I think we should have sold Berahino last month for £20m-plus, but I've heard from decent sources that the player had no interest whatsoever in moving to Stoke, Palace or Watford, and no other clubs were interested, hence he wasn't sold.  We can't force him to go where he's got no interest in going.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9123 on: September 18, 2016, 08:39:39 PM »
You don't know what was promised either, isn't it about time you let go of your dislike of Peace and looked objectively at Berahinos behaviour from his loan, immature texts, inhaling laughing gas, driving antics to his poor performances etc. etc.

Actually mate, I do know what was promised. Also, re-read my posts, I backed Peace for the job he has done, that doesn't mean he is above criticism. He did certain things amazingly well, but other things not so good.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 08:46:15 PM by VANDERLEI »

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9124 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:19 PM »
Peace didn't sell him because we didn't receive anything like an acceptable offer for him.  Being told that he can leave does not equate to being given away.  Spurs made a ridiculous offer at way past the 11th hour which they knew would never be acceptable, hoping that Berahino would force the move.  That caused all the problems with Berahino.  Spurs and Levy are as much to blame as anybody for what then ensued.

Personally I think we should have sold Berahino last month for £20m-plus, but I've heard from decent sources that the player had no interest whatsoever in moving to Stoke, Palace or Watford, and no other clubs were interested, hence he wasn't sold.  We can't force him to go where he's got no interest in going.

Bang on, and that was the problem. He wanted a move, didn't get it, small clubs came in and that wasn't acceptable to him. Rightfully so too, as  he was made promises, which were reneged.