Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556747 times)

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #9025 on: September 10, 2016, 09:47:19 AM »
Interesting in his press conference yesterday Pulis said, 'he's got to get himself fit'
If he's not fit now when will he ever be fi?
Pulis also said the transfer window is closed so he won't have to field questions about Berahino leaving until the next transfer window which will be the last time he'll have to answer questions on the subject.

Really annoyed by this ! I've had enough of Berahino anyway but now this nonsense about getting fit !   Why is he not fit ?  In what way is he not fit ? Let him rot in the U21s for all I care at the moment as he's contributing nothing at all anyway and we have missed a massive trick not getting rid last month.

Similarly, Pulis and his little remarks and inferences are also starting to grate now. Only wins and positive performances will do from him and, even with that, the majority of fans seemed to have turned now anyway and it's a long way back.

What an absolute mess of a Club.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9026 on: September 10, 2016, 09:47:39 AM »
I missed that bit but there's no excuse if he isn't fit. The info at the start of the season was that Saido was fit and ready to go ...no doubt to impress potential buyers. Will he have the inclination to get fit and put himself in the shop window ?.....he needs to but it's sounding doubtful. I think he becomes free to sign a pre-contract agreement in January ?

He is fit, as a butchers dog, Pulis uses "fit" as a catch-all. What he probably means is he's not in tune with the rest of the team. We can see that Tone, don't need a press conference to tell us that.

I follow him on twitter & he's been working out in the gym, he's not fat, he's just bulked up.

The lad's confidence is shot, that's his problem.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9027 on: September 10, 2016, 09:48:50 AM »
I missed that bit but there's no excuse if he isn't fit. The info at the start of the season was that Saido was fit and ready to go ...no doubt to impress potential buyers. Will he have the inclination to get fit and put himself in the shop window ?.....he needs to but it's sounding doubtful. I think he becomes free to sign a pre-contract agreement in January ?

Check it out

http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/press-conference-pulis-previews-trip-to-bournemouth-3297632.aspx
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9028 on: September 10, 2016, 10:23:48 AM »
He is fit, as a butchers dog, Pulis uses "fit" as a catch-all. What he probably means is he's not in tune with the rest of the team. We can see that Tone, don't need a press conference to tell us that.

I follow him on twitter & he's been working out in the gym, he's not fat, he's just bulked up.

The lad's confidence is shot, that's his problem.
There's probably a bit of both there. He clearly has to get his brain focused but working out in the gym is one thing, being sharp and energetic for 90 minutes is another. His confidence is bound to have taken a knock...whereas he was calm and measured when taking chances, he's now snatching at things, maybe trying too hard for the eye catching finish.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9029 on: September 10, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
There's probably a bit of both there. He clearly has to get his brain focused but working out in the gym is one thing, being sharp and energetic for 90 minutes is another. His confidence is bound to have taken a knock...whereas he was calm and measured when taking chances, he's now snatching at things, maybe trying too hard for the eye catching finish.

I think the confidence thing is the big issue, anybody who plays sport will tell you that confidence can go in a flash, but it takes an age to restore it. The epitome of confidence is tennis, there are so many pivot points in a 3 or 5 set game of tennis, where advantages can be won & lost in a couple of shots.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9030 on: September 10, 2016, 10:56:42 AM »
The lad needs to go back to basics with his play and build up again, he probably is trying too hard and it's not working but his head is full of dreams created by himself and outside forces!
He could do with a factory re set button!😂

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #9031 on: September 10, 2016, 11:08:24 AM »
I think the confidence thing is the big issue, anybody who plays sport will tell you that confidence can go in a flash, but it takes an age to restore it. The epitome of confidence is tennis, there are so many pivot points in a 3 or 5 set game of tennis, where advantages can be won & lost in a couple of shots.
Actually confidence can return quicker than you lose it ......in the time it takes to score a goal, kick a penalty in rugby, hit a few in the middle of the bat/racket depending on the sport.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9032 on: September 10, 2016, 11:13:39 AM »
Check out  the words respect, application, humility and effort in the dictionary then I think you might understand why there is so much anti against him.
Not everyone is so forgiving.
Again, he's payed to do his job not to exude any of the virtues that you list(ex effort) but if he has put the extra EFFORT in to bulk up and get stronger that's that one ticked, respect is always two way, telling him he's coming on and then making him sit down to bring on a teenager, then using him to replace said teenager is hardly professional respect, he then comes on gets booed has one bad touch and suddenly he's the devil.
Like I say , I don't get it
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9033 on: September 10, 2016, 11:58:13 AM »
I've said ot quite a few times on this thread but i think everybody is overthinking the whole Berahino thing. He doesn't benefit from Pulis-ball and he's played out of position.

Have him and Rondon compete for the striker role - i think it's as simple as that. Play them both at the same time, one as the number 9 and one as the number 10 and they will both suffer.

I'm going to be so annoyed if they both start together again today.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9034 on: September 10, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
I've said ot quite a few times on this thread but i think everybody is overthinking the whole Berahino thing. He doesn't benefit from Pulis-ball and he's played out of position.

Have him and Rondon compete for the striker role - i think it's as simple as that. Play them both at the same time, one as the number 9 and one as the number 10 and they will both suffer.

Berahino's not suited to playing as a lone striker in my view - he can't head to save his life and lacks body strength. As he's not a midfield player either, the only role he really flourishes in is as a second striker.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9035 on: September 10, 2016, 12:32:39 PM »
Berahino's not suited to playing as a lone striker in my view - he can't head to save his life and lacks body strength. As he's not a midfield player either, the only role he really flourishes in is as a second striker.

I believe he is if the ball is played to feet, it's unfortunate this doesn't happen all too often with a Pulis set up
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9036 on: September 10, 2016, 01:22:26 PM »
I believe he is if the ball is played to feet, it's unfortunate this doesn't happen all too often with a Pulis set up

Yep loads of his goals came from through balls and finding space off the last defenders. So in that sense he does not suit the 10 role. He's fine up front on his own, just not in Pulis' system

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9037 on: September 10, 2016, 05:07:35 PM »
Berahino's finishing has just completely gone. The clubs obsession with holding on to players haunts us yet again. Certainly didn't play to his strengths first half but that chance that fell to him second half where he just smashed it at Boruc who was on the floor was woeful for a striker. His instinct has just gone.

But still, we've got someone with a worse scoring record than a centre back, instead of 20m to get a half decent striker in and will instead lose him in the summr for a nominal fee. Big round of applause to the club.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9038 on: September 10, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
Yes, he's just gone and only has himself to blame.

Not deserving of a start at this level of football as he's Championship at best now.

Yet another wasted opportunity in the summer from this penny pinching outfit.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #9039 on: September 10, 2016, 05:12:33 PM »

Chadli should play behind the lone striker

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9040 on: September 10, 2016, 05:32:25 PM »
Chadli should play behind the lone striker

Agreed. Get Leko on the pitch with some much needed unpredictability

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9041 on: September 10, 2016, 06:39:11 PM »
West Brom manager Tony Pulis has been talking about striker Saido Berahino: "For over a season Saido has been wrapped up in where he’s going and he’s playing in the top league in the world. You have to be mentally prepared, you can’t just switch it on and off and he needs to understand that.

"In the 20 months I’ve been here he was a talisman for the first six months but then we’ve lost him for the last year. It’s been difficult.

"It’s been an interesting club to manage for me, the way it’s run is different, but also dealing with a player that has for two thirds of that period not doing really what he should be has been difficult."

So why do you keep picking him Tone? Pathetic

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9042 on: September 10, 2016, 06:44:35 PM »
West Brom manager Tony Pulis has been talking about striker Saido Berahino: "For over a season Saido has been wrapped up in where he’s going and he’s playing in the top league in the world. You have to be mentally prepared, you can’t just switch it on and off and he needs to understand that.

"In the 20 months I’ve been here he was a talisman for the first six months but then we’ve lost him for the last year. It’s been difficult.

"It’s been an interesting club to manage for me, the way it’s run is different, but also dealing with a player that has for two thirds of that period not doing really what he should be has been difficult."
yeah he should have picked Robson Kanu instead.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9043 on: September 10, 2016, 07:15:37 PM »

He wouldn't have to if it weren't for that pesky chairman  ::) ::) ::)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9044 on: September 11, 2016, 12:28:42 AM »
Got to be back up to Rondon going forward from today. Not good enough currently.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9045 on: September 11, 2016, 12:40:56 AM »
Got to be back up to Rondon going forward from today. Not good enough currently.

Yep.

Still cannot believe the little weasel is still here. Irks me greatly, not sure you can tell.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9046 on: September 11, 2016, 08:51:01 AM »

Definately , but he's never been able to play the lone frontman effectively anyway, maybe Pulis has Sen something else somewhere?

It's still unbelievable that we have Rondon, a Berahino who has done nothing for 18months and an apparently unfit HRK as our forward line! Wow?!

Berahinho needs to be careful himself, he's not looked a premier league player over the past 18months let alone one who could play for a top 6 club?

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9047 on: September 12, 2016, 10:40:20 AM »
As well or as badly as you think he played on Saturday, I thought we looked much more effective when he was on the pitch compared to when Rondon came on.

Can't remember us having a chance after Rondon came on.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9048 on: September 12, 2016, 10:47:49 AM »
Berahino has better movement than Rondon and I do think Berahino would score goals if 1) his head was right 2) the team played further up the pitch 3) the team created more chance (all big ifs of course).

For the first time in a while on Saturday, I did think we seemed to have in Chadli and Phillips, players who (if they were allowed) could join in and make things happen.

West Ham at home will be interesting.

Will Pulis go for Berahino and Rondo up front together with Chadli and Phillips wide ? That could be potentially tasty and you never know might actually provide some entertainment for fans........a bit?

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9049 on: September 12, 2016, 10:56:00 AM »
I was listening to WM on the way home from work on Friday and they had a 'super-agent' on the phone (sorry can't remember his name) and he was saying there is a Premier League player who could have moved in the Window but the clubs couldn't agree a fee after being 3 to 4 million apart on the fee, the player in question is out of contract next year and will now sign a pre-contract agreement with a European club and will then be loaned back to a Premier League club.  Paul Franks asked if this was Saido but the agent wouldn't confirm it.