Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556662 times)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7650 on: May 25, 2016, 08:37:39 AM »
He's worth what we will actually get for him, not some fabricated nonsense figure from the press.

why do folk support the press, they continuously churn out rubbish
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7651 on: May 25, 2016, 08:39:56 AM »
Has he gone yet?  ::)

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7652 on: May 25, 2016, 09:12:23 AM »
Has he gone yet?  ::)

I was about to post the same in the Pulis thread :o
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7653 on: May 25, 2016, 09:13:03 AM »
Saido is an A1 plonker
2 years ago he was rated ahead of Harry Kane but since his meltdown he has now slipped out of the picture
To add to the frustration Marcus Rashford has come from nowhere to take a place in the England squad
If he had acted in the proper manner he should be pushing on in what should be a glittering career and be Kane's England strike partner
Instead .......what a waste

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7654 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:17 AM »
Saido is an A1 plonker
2 years ago he was rated ahead of Harry Kane but since his meltdown he has now slipped out of the picture
To add to the frustration Marcus Rashford has come from nowhere to take a place in the England squad
If he had acted in the proper manner he should be pushing on in what should be a glittering career and be Kane's England strike partner

Good. I hope he looks back at his career with absolute regret when he's an old man.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7655 on: May 25, 2016, 09:43:16 AM »
Good. I hope he looks back at his career with absolute regret when he's an old man.

Same. I hope his career, after we have sold him for a decent sum, continues on its current trajectory and he ends up in the Luke Moore bracket. He is just an unpleasant person.

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7656 on: May 25, 2016, 01:21:41 PM »
I don't think it's his horrible attitude that might put some clubs off although that wouldn't help him but I think most of football is coming round to the more important issue that he isn't actually very good.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7657 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:35 PM »
regardless of his attitude, he's still a very good player... And fortunately for him you play football with your talent not your attitude, I'd rather have a team full of good players than a team full of pooh plays who have a lovely attitude(like we have atm!)...

Can see him going and then coming back to haunt us  ;D ;D

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7658 on: May 25, 2016, 09:26:49 PM »
That £7m figure is just a figure plucked out of thin air by the press due to one rubbish season and him having just a year left on his contract. To be honest I'm pretty sure we could get that fee if not more from a tribunal if he were to leave at the end of his contract.

Massive shame how its worked out for us and him but he ultimately has no one to blame but himself.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7659 on: May 26, 2016, 12:02:28 PM »
I don't think it's his horrible attitude that might put some clubs off although that wouldn't help him but I think most of football is coming round to the more important issue that he isn't actually very good.

He's the only player we have that other clubs have a real interest in. What does that say about the rest?

Once he moves on and gets his head right he'll score plenty in a side that actually creates chances.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7660 on: May 26, 2016, 12:13:18 PM »
He's the only player we have that other clubs have a real interest in. What does that say about the rest?

Once he moves on and gets his head right he'll score plenty in a side that actually creates chances.

Are they actually though? We had 1 bid in January for him and nothing so far this summer. Mainly the links just seem to be lazy journalism because they know he wants out and know we want to sell.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7661 on: May 26, 2016, 01:11:00 PM »
Are they actually though? We had 1 bid in January for him and nothing so far this summer. Mainly the links just seem to be lazy journalism because they know he wants out and know we want to sell.

It's far too early in the summer to expect any bids as yet. Clubs will hold on knowing that his value will decrease the closer we get to the window closing. If we value him at £20-£25m then he won't go anywhere.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7662 on: May 26, 2016, 02:49:34 PM »
It's far too early in the summer to expect any bids as yet. Clubs will hold on knowing that his value will decrease the closer we get to the window closing. If we value him at £20-£25m then he won't go anywhere.

I know it is really early but i'm just not expecting there to be a whole host of clubs looking to sign him, like the tabloids and people on this forum seem to think.

After all, he has clear off the field baggage and has only scored 4 premiership goals on the field this season. If I was a premier league chairman id be looking elsewhere.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7663 on: May 26, 2016, 03:26:27 PM »
I know it is really early but i'm just not expecting there to be a whole host of clubs looking to sign him, like the tabloids and people on this forum seem to think.

After all, he has clear off the field baggage and has only scored 4 premiership goals on the field this season. If I was a premier league chairman id be looking elsewhere.

Like I said I think it will all come down to price. If we are willing to accept £10m then I think there will be enough teams willing to take a punt. He might knuckle down under the right manager. It's fairly obvious that Pulis wants rid and won't play him in his natural position anyway. You can't blame him for wanting out. He's just gone about it in a very unprofessional manner.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7664 on: May 26, 2016, 05:52:51 PM »

If i was a owner or manager of a club looking to stump up that kind of £££ on a player i would want him up & ready to start the new season with his new teammates from the off that means a good & full preseason for said player.

like i have said in the past he & TP need either to move on or sign new deals before the end of the month

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7665 on: May 26, 2016, 10:28:55 PM »
If i was a owner or manager of a club looking to stump up that kind of £££ on a player i would want him up & ready to start the new season with his new teammates from the off that means a good & full preseason for said player.

like i have said in the past he & TP need either to move on or sign new deals before the end of the month
He said he would not play for JP? Not sure if TP is the real "issue" he has or not.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7666 on: May 27, 2016, 07:53:12 PM »
Saido is an A1 plonker

England 1 Aussies 0
Could have been you Saido

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7667 on: May 28, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »
I agree. I think its easy to blame Peace for this in hindsight, but how many fans wanted us to sell him for £15 million last summer? From memory the majority wanted him to stay unless if we were offered silly money which we obviously weren't.

Its time for us to forget about the past transfer windows and try and get the best price we can for him now based on his current levels of ability/value.

If that is £12 million, then so be it. We can buy a very capable number 10 for that money if we spend wisely.
we could also buy a complete waste of space as well. I'd keep him and let his contract run out as we still will get millions due to the club investing in him since the age of ten, that's if no one reaches peace valuation of above twenty million. Oh and if we look like being safe at Xmas then JP could use window to inflate his value.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7668 on: June 07, 2016, 03:56:34 AM »
we could also buy a complete waste of space as well. I'd keep him and let his contract run out as we still will get millions due to the club investing in him since the age of ten, that's if no one reaches peace valuation of above twenty million. Oh and if we look like being safe at Xmas then JP could use window to inflate his value.

But is he such a spoilt brat that he would purposely go to a European club so the club gets nothing?
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7669 on: June 07, 2016, 07:45:56 AM »
There are lots of very good reasons not to take the chance with a tribunal aside from the obvious possibility of him going abroad. If he has another season like last as an irregular starter and making a limited impact in a low scoring team then the tribunal will take that into account when setting the fee and we will be lucky to get £5m for him.

I know the Ings fee was much higher but remember that was on the back of a strong season in the Premier League and he was going to Liverpool. Berahino might not even be going to a Premier League club on the strength of another season like the one just gone.

We need to bite the bullet and get this situation resolved obviously get the best fee we can but we have to sell and that will be reflected in the fee. If we get anything near £20m then we will have done well.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7670 on: June 09, 2016, 04:19:31 PM »
if he has another poor season, then he wont be worth any more than £5m.

Its a two way street. If spurs are no longer interested, then his best bet is signing a new deal with us with a min fee and working hard - he is a nailed on starter when fit and if he has an ok season, there will be renewed interest. If he goes somewhere a bit in-between - eg everton/ southampton - he might never play and that could damage his long term chances of getting the top level football he thinks he is good enough for.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7671 on: June 09, 2016, 04:38:17 PM »
i hope hes gone come the start of the new season, hes trouble and always will be

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7672 on: June 09, 2016, 04:46:13 PM »
I cant see anyone putting in a decent bid for him. Should have sold him to Spurs when we had the chance. Lucky to get £10m for him now.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7673 on: June 09, 2016, 05:09:11 PM »
if he has another poor season, then he wont be worth any more than £5m.

Its a two way street. If spurs are no longer interested, then his best bet is signing a new deal with us with a min fee and working hard - he is a nailed on starter when fit and if he has an ok season, there will be renewed interest. If he goes somewhere a bit in-between - eg everton/ southampton - he might never play and that could damage his long term chances of getting the top level football he thinks he is good enough for.

In our set up I don't for a minute think this is true.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7674 on: June 09, 2016, 05:15:34 PM »
I cant see anyone putting in a decent bid for him. Should have sold him to Spurs when we had the chance. Lucky to get £10m for him now.

just get rid, give himaway. buy the lamb get one free