Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556716 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #7225 on: February 15, 2016, 09:31:48 PM »
Got to be honest if Berahino gets a ban from something no-one seemed to see or be bothered about at the time and Danny Drinkwater gets away with his challenge on Aaron Ramsey which was seen by everyone but he is protected by the rule of the ref not taking action at the time then the game is gone.

Still haven't seen the challenge but if it's as bad as Martinez's making out then it will indeed be a three game ban.

But as you say, taken in the context of Drinkwater's challenge it would be a real kick in the nuts for the lad.

Talking of which..........

http://i63.tinypic.com/r77rbo.jpg[/img]]
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7226 on: February 15, 2016, 09:52:48 PM »
Has anyone actually seen the challenge? I can't remember any mention of it during the game.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7227 on: February 16, 2016, 04:20:36 AM »
None of the highlights programmes featured footage of the incident and if the stamp was as blatant as Everton claim then I would have thought they would. This means the editors of the programmes either missed the significance of the incident or it wasn't captured on camera at all. So Saido has either been lucky or the incident wasn't as blatant as Martinez and McCarthy are claiming.

In general either we can have retrospective punishment or we don't the current halfway house is unsatisfactory but I think we need to rethink the games use of technology to assist referees particularly as they have all their real time decisions picked over in super slow mo but as ever with football progress is glacial when it comes to these matters.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7228 on: February 16, 2016, 06:09:55 AM »
Got to be honest if Berahino gets a ban from something no-one seemed to see or be bothered about at the time and Danny Drinkwater gets away with his challenge on Aaron Ramsey which was seen by everyone but he is protected by the rule of the ref not taking action at the time then the game is gone.

The game went ages ago mate
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7229 on: February 16, 2016, 08:25:52 AM »
I don't get where Martinez says it's a stamp, it was a petulant kick out after McCarthey kept barging/nudging him with his shoulder, everytime he walked past Berahino he nudged him and then they had an exchange of words and Berahino kicked out at him. Storm in a tea cup....their fans made a bit of noise about it but they made more noise about Fosters time wasting.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7230 on: February 16, 2016, 08:54:25 AM »
I don't get where Martinez says it's a stamp, it was a petulant kick out after McCarthey kept barging/nudging him with his shoulder, everytime he walked past Berahino he nudged him and then they had an exchange of words and Berahino kicked out at him. Storm in a tea cup....their fans made a bit of noise about it but they made more noise about Fosters time wasting.

Speed read through a match day thread on an Everton site last night.
Lots of frustration as the game wore on, not just with our tactics but with Martinez's general set ups and substitutions.

On a seven page thread they highlighted time wasting throughout, even raising the possibiltiy of a red card for Brunt; no idea what they were referring to though. However, there was not a single mention of an alleged Berahino stamp on that thread.

Would have thought those eagle eyed editors on MotD would have been all over it in a heart beat had it been deemed worthy of arguing the toss over.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7231 on: February 16, 2016, 09:01:45 AM »
Everton are the most critical bunch of supporters , always have been always will, they are never happy
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7232 on: February 16, 2016, 09:03:43 AM »
Speed read through a match day thread on an Everton site last night.
Lots of frustration as the game wore on, not just with our tactics but with Martinez's general set ups and substitutions.

On a seven page thread they highlighted time wasting throughout, even raising the possibiltiy of a red card for Brunt; no idea what they were referring to though. However, there was not a single mention of an alleged Berahino stamp on that thread.

Would have thought those eagle eyed editors on MotD would have been all over it in a heart beat had it been deemed worthy of arguing the toss over.

my thoughts exactly. If they deemed Cameron's head push on yacob as not worthy of a red then they can't say that this non event was worthy of one either.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7233 on: February 16, 2016, 09:15:43 AM »
Didn't see anything on the SKy Match Choice highlights either, and they are 60 minutes long!

He/him

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7234 on: February 16, 2016, 09:24:32 AM »
I used to like Martinez at Wigan, thought he was a classy bloke but since going to Everton he has turned into a whiney petulant little tool.

Every game they lose its someone elses fault according to him, decisions gone against them, they have been unlucky, etc, etc even Seamus Coleman (who i think is a cracking player) said its getting boring now hearing it.

I think the job may be to big for Martinez, i like Everton and with the players he has he should doing a lot better than he his.

If during the game the officials had booked Saido and it should of been a red, or even a free kick had been given and he got no other punishment then fair enough talk about an incident but the fact remains nothing was given and nobody saw anything, it was a nothing incident that is now starting to get made into a big deal.

I dont think comments in the aftermath by k***heads like Martinez will help Saido at all, it makes it public and sometimes the FA like to be seen to be doing something and have a feeling we could suffer here, it wont change the result or the fact Everton cant hit a barn door

If Saido does get a ban then i hope Pulis rings Martinez, thanks him for his involvement and between now and the end of the season if Everton have a incident like that i hope Pulis speaks out about it and keeps it in the media, tit for tat and all that.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7235 on: February 16, 2016, 09:34:22 AM »
I read somewhere they are struggling to find any footage. ;D
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7237 on: February 16, 2016, 09:46:38 AM »
I must say I watched the full 90 minutes on a stream and never noticed any such incident and didn't hear the commentators say anything about it. Just poor old Roberto upset that his amazing attacking side couldn't break through our back line so he's trying to raise points that will deflect away from his own sides poor performance.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7238 on: February 16, 2016, 09:51:39 AM »
I used to like Martinez at Wigan, thought he was a classy bloke but since going to Everton he has turned into a whiney petulant little tool.

Every game they lose its someone elses fault according to him, decisions gone against them, they have been unlucky, etc, etc even Seamus Coleman (who i think is a cracking player) said its getting boring now hearing it.

I think the job may be to big for Martinez, i like Everton and with the players he has he should doing a lot better than he his.

If during the game the officials had booked Saido and it should of been a red, or even a free kick had been given and he got no other punishment then fair enough talk about an incident but the fact remains nothing was given and nobody saw anything, it was a nothing incident that is now starting to get made into a big deal.

I dont think comments in the aftermath by k***heads like Martinez will help Saido at all, it makes it public and sometimes the FA like to be seen to be doing something and have a feeling we could suffer here, it wont change the result or the fact Everton cant hit a barn door

If Saido does get a ban then i hope Pulis rings Martinez, thanks him for his involvement and between now and the end of the season if Everton have a incident like that i hope Pulis speaks out about it and keeps it in the media, tit for tat and all that.

His comments are indicative of what pressure does to people.  Big expectations at Everton and the pressure is on.

I'd still take him as Pulis' replacement.  His teams always try to decent football and I think our size of club is ideal for him.  Would be a good fit and if we ruled out all managers who whinge then there's nobody left!

wbafc68

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #7239 on: February 16, 2016, 10:01:33 AM »
In my world decent football includes decent defending and Martinez doesn't do that . He is another Mowbray who we can all applaud when we get relegated

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7240 on: February 16, 2016, 10:13:46 AM »
Found this.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3448604/FA-investigate-Everton-claims-Saido-Berahino-stamped-James-McCarthy.html

I've seen loads of articles stemming from Martinez relating to the alleged offence, no actual video footage or photographic evidence of the actual incident though.

Not calling him a liar by any means.

Just seems a little odd as there is usually footage spewing all over the place and netiher MotD or Sky seem to have highlighted any as yet.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7241 on: February 16, 2016, 11:59:51 AM »
I listened to the game on WM and they saw it and commented on it suggesting that it was well off the ball (probably why no footage) and that he kicked out at him and was probably lucky none of the officials saw it.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7242 on: February 16, 2016, 12:02:05 PM »
Petulant, snide attempt to get revenge for his/their failure.  Wouldn't put it past the FA to "give" Everton this.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7243 on: February 16, 2016, 12:48:14 PM »
E & S on twitter saying no action will be taken.

Matt Wilson ‏@mattwilson_star  3m3 minutes ago
The FA are taking no further action over Berahino's alleged kick out at McCarthy on Saturday, so he won't be banned #wba
3 retweets 2 likes
Reply   Retweet  3   
Like 2 
More
 Matt Wilson ‏@mattwilson_star  1m1 minute ago
Panel of 3 ex-referees watch video footage, and they all have to agree it was a red card for player to be charged. They didn't. #wba
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7244 on: February 16, 2016, 01:44:39 PM »
Good news.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7245 on: February 16, 2016, 02:34:54 PM »
the correct decision. I would like Pulis to have a word though with Berahino as it was petulant.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7246 on: February 16, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »
we need him to perform at least 2 games more, then he can go to tottingham with ones blessings
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7247 on: February 16, 2016, 02:39:47 PM »
Martinez can stop bleating now, he's the only person who seems to have made any noise about it.
maybe someone should buy him a blame defector for xmas.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7248 on: February 16, 2016, 02:44:44 PM »
 Martinez has a big problem............it takes a poor manager to get a squad as good as Evertons as low as they are plus it would seem a takeover is in the offing which could mean changes. It would seem he is engaging in a bit of ass covering!
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7249 on: February 16, 2016, 02:55:30 PM »
If he can win us 2 games by goal poaching from now till the end of the season, his work here will be done, as they say.