Author Topic: Saido Berahino  (Read 2556719 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Saido Berahino
« Reply #1450 on: December 21, 2014, 01:22:05 PM »
Our last two games turned when he came on. Be careful what you wish for those saying he should eff off.

Perhaps he had his hoodie up and earphones on because he's focused?! You could say those that do aknowledged the fans and have a laugh aren't taking it seriously enough.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: December 21, 2014, 01:55:30 PM »
To anyone that wants us to sell Berahino,do you think that Ideye,Anichebe and Samaras will score the goals to keep us up??not a chance they will struggle to get 3 between them.

Berahino has to play every game,he is the only striker weve got who can score goals. Take his goals out and we would be in the bottom 3.

Sell him and were going down!!!!

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1452 on: December 21, 2014, 02:04:58 PM »
Our last two games turned when he came on. Be careful what you wish for those saying he should eff off.

Perhaps he had his hoodie up and earphones on because he's focused?! You could say those that do aknowledged the fans and have a laugh aren't taking it seriously enough.

He came on yeaterday and we lost all our atacking shape & went from 2-2 to 3-2 down so that doesnt make sense?

Ideye showed ne yesterday hpw good he could be as a link up player, good geet and seems to have a good understanding with both Varela & Sess. A better all round option in my eyes.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1453 on: December 21, 2014, 02:48:44 PM »
Ideye showed ne yesterday hpw good he could be as a link up player, good geet and seems to have a good understanding with both Varela & Sess. A better all round option in my eyes.

So you would prefer a player who has made no impact at all and hasnt scored in the league to a bloke thats got 8 goals this season???that does not make any sense.

A striker is there to score goals and Ideye hasnt done that yet. I cant comment on yesterday's performance becasue i wasnt there but up until yesterday he hasnt offered nothing in my view.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1454 on: December 21, 2014, 03:00:16 PM »
So you would prefer a player who has made no impact at all and hasnt scored in the league to a bloke thats got 8 goals this season???that does not make any sense.

A striker is there to score goals and Ideye hasnt done that yet. I cant comment on yesterday's performance becasue i wasnt there but up until yesterday he hasnt offered nothing in my view.
in all fairness until last week we hadn't seen him.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1455 on: December 21, 2014, 03:03:30 PM »

Of course i would prefer a bloke who has scored 8 goals. However; i would also prefer a bloke who offers more than taking penalties. Ideye has shown me in 2 games alot more fight, alot more link up, a better touch & an overall better game.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: December 21, 2014, 03:06:35 PM »

Nice manipulation of stats including cup goals for Berahino but not for Ideye.  Take away his penalties and he has four goals in 17 appearances and none in the last 7 (8?).

He may be a prospect but there is far too much expectation on his what appear to be relatively immature shoulders.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1457 on: December 21, 2014, 03:46:24 PM »
He should see quite a bit of action over the next 4 games and I hope he's motivated by the exploits of Austin, Kane, Ings and Carol recently. All the media talk was about Saido for a while leading up to his England call-up, but now he's been overshadowed a bit by the others...wouldn't be too surprised to see him step it up a bit.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1458 on: December 21, 2014, 04:19:02 PM »
He came on yeaterday and we lost all our atacking shape & went from 2-2 to 3-2 down so that doesnt make sense?

I think whether Ideye stays on or not is irrelevant to the score line, the pendulum had swung well and truly in QPR's favour. The difference was that in the second half we didn't show a lot of intent in front of goal and Saido came on and showed intent and hit the bar. I'm not saying drop Ideye I'm just saying, Saido offers a threat.

I'd day Ideye looks a good player, the scuff won't help him win over the ultra-critical but ultimately Berahino offers a goal threat so maybe he should play WITH Ideye.

His stats look bad now because he's going through a drought but he just needs a break, just like Ideye does.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1459 on: December 21, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
To anyone that wants us to sell Berahino,do you think that Ideye,Anichebe and Samaras will score the goals to keep us up??not a chance they will struggle to get 3 between them.

Berahino has to play every game,he is the only striker weve got who can score goals. Take his goals out and we would be in the bottom 3.

Sell him and were going down!!!!
it's not that we want him to go, it's him that doesn't want to be here. So to me just like odemwingie and any other player that doesn't want to be here they can do one, simple as that.

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1460 on: December 21, 2014, 05:02:15 PM »
Nice manipulation of stats including cup goals for Berahino but not for Ideye.  Take away his penalties and he has four goals in 17 appearances and none in the last 7 (8?).

He may be a prospect but there is far too much expectation on his what appear to be relatively immature shoulders.

Why take away his penalties though? Surely that's manipulating the stats as well?

Don't get it, a goal is a goal. As we saw at Hull, having someone who can pop away in a penalty is massively important and I'm not sure it's something that should be used as a criticism of Berahino. 

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: December 21, 2014, 05:23:57 PM »
Im not using it as a critic of him; its great at his young age he has rnoigh about him to take them.

However, its not every game you get a penalty. Saido has scored only 4 goals from open play. And a drought of 8/9 games without goal has resulted in him not starting the last 3. A totally justified & correct stance if you ask me.

Maybe 1 more game with Vic/Brown starting, then if they dont score, then Saido has his chance to again take the spot permanently.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1462 on: December 21, 2014, 05:27:22 PM »
I'd play Saido wider in a couple of the festive games keeping Ideye in the middle. Varela and Sess are unlikely to play all these games and Saido is another who can offer an offensive threat from wide.

Yamaka

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1463 on: December 21, 2014, 05:39:53 PM »
I'd play Saido wider in a couple of the festive games keeping Ideye in the middle. Varela and Sess are unlikely to play all these games and Saido is another who can offer an offensive threat from wide.

I am with you on this but I have a feeling that AI thinks he can pick up one or two points over the next three games. I personally think he will get us nothing but hope to be proved wrong.
I never could kwite get the hang of spelling.

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: December 22, 2014, 09:16:43 AM »
Tottenham reportedly considering 25 million for SB anyone fancy a Andros Townsend plus 10 million January move?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #1465 on: December 22, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
Tottenham reportedly considering 25 million for SB anyone fancy a Andros Townsend plus 10 million January move?

I would take that all day long if the opportunity came along

but it would have too be 15 million and Townsend

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: December 22, 2014, 09:35:03 AM »
he can go for 20-25m for me, as long as we strengthen the first 11
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: December 22, 2014, 10:11:49 AM »
12 million and Townsend, I would be happy with that deal.

Berahino has bags of potential but something isnt right.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1468 on: December 22, 2014, 10:20:37 AM »
12 million and Townsend, I would be happy with that deal.

Berahino has bags of potential but something isnt right.

Perfect I'd love that to happen but we would have to use that 12 million to replace saido.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1469 on: December 22, 2014, 10:23:28 AM »
Can we keep the transfer talk in the right place please

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=12311.0

If you post in here about possible transfer rumours and can't find it, before moaning at us have a look in that topic  ;)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1470 on: December 22, 2014, 10:32:58 AM »
I can see JP doing a loan to perm in the summer deal.
Gives us a funding stream and use of Saido till end of the season.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1471 on: December 22, 2014, 10:45:45 AM »
he can go for 20-25m for me, as long as we strengthen the first 11
I agree to letting him go as I think he has flattered to deceive a bit.
Trouble is, if he goes that leaves us with only Anichebe and Ideye, which, on current form, equates to about 6 goals between now and May!
Whatever we get for Saido HAS to be invested in proven goalscorers. Forget bargain hunting and go for someone like Defoe or Adebayore, who we know can score at this level.

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:32 AM »
stood outside QPR ground yesterday watching players get off the coach, berahino had his hoodie up , his earphones on and did not acknowledge the fans at all, if that dont mean he will go in january if he gets the chance i don't not what does

That means literally all the players will be off in January as only a small handful acknowledge the supporters off the bus, the club used to video them arriving to away grounds but their consistent ignorance towards fans and the negative comments the videos received about the players rudeness made them stop uploading them.
"This crack is really moreish."

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1473 on: December 22, 2014, 10:48:48 AM »
I agree to letting him go as I think he has flattered to deceive a bit.
Trouble is, if he goes that leaves us with only Anichebe and Ideye, which, on current form, equates to about 6 goals between now and May!
Whatever we get for Saido HAS to be invested in proven goalscorers. Forget bargain hunting and go for someone like Defoe or Adebayore, who we know can score at this level.

NO!!!!
Defoe, coasting in the states
Adebyore will get us 2 or 3 in his first games then disappear along with his bad attitude.

Both had it too good for 2 long we need hungry players with something to prove like ...................???
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: December 22, 2014, 11:53:39 AM »
You can not sell the only bloke in the team who can score goals half way through a season, especially during a season in which you are struggling.

You'd hope lessons were learnt from the window of January 2006 when let Earnshaw and Horsefield go.
"This crack is really moreish."