Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Play off Points Target
« Last post by robnewbold on Today at 02:09:35 PM »
If we do not go in to this game to win it,  then we thoroughly deserve to lose it.
Preston have nothing to play for and we have everything to play for, for goodness sake. The coach has to pick his best team and every player has to give everything he has got, (those who have got anything left that is).
This is the game we have to turn up to, both physically and mentally.
We have looked poor now, with the exception of the Leicester game, which we lost. Perhaps we have shot our bolt, it tends to be what we continually do year after year.

Will we do it? of course we will and I see us winning all of our play off games.
Last Match Forum - 27/04 Sheffield Wednesday (A) / Re: After Match Debate
« Last post by KYA on Today at 01:54:37 PM »
I imagine someone will be along to correct you on this in a minute while pointing out we have one of the strongest squads in the division. I'll be mildly disappointed if he doesn't in all honesty as he's been pointing it out to me for most of the season at any rate  ;D .
That depends  on to who you are referring some of our biggest critics only come out to play on Matchdays but it's all part of the baggies rich tapestry of fans   ;D
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by Standaman on Today at 01:54:32 PM »
A timely reminder that next time somebody writes off our academy kids as not being good enough based on a lack of intensity under 23 game - ex academy graduates Finn Azaz and Alex Gilbert both scored for Middlesbrough yesterday. Boro actually started more Albion academy graudates than we did yesterday.

Sam Field was MoM for QPR on Friday. Rogers has scored for the Vile I could go on....

This has to change and that means playing our youngsters.
Next Match Forum - 04/05 Preston North End (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 01:50:01 PM »
He still has to be ready to play though. Let's hope he is. I would welcome his inclusion.

Do you mean mentally? Might be a thing after being assaulted twice. We know he's medically fit, he's been available for selection for a while now.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: WBA NEW OWNERS - Bilkul football
« Last post by gazberg on Today at 01:40:17 PM »
I would say no, just my opinion. He might be hoping someone takes these dreadful players though.

Most of them can be released for free in the summer.  Interesting to see how many CC wants re-signed as they are not his players according to many on here. Time will tell.
I think 99% of the members on here would echo all of those sentiments. It’s frightening just how little spine this team actually has; when the going gets tough they always crumble. As you say, cannot wait to see the back of a number of the squad who have been linchpins of our failure over the past few years

I imagine someone will be along to correct you on this in a minute while pointing out we have one of the strongest squads in the division. I'll be mildly disappointed if he doesn't in all honesty as he's been pointing it out to me for most of the season at any rate  ;D .
« Last post by johnny Cash on Today at 01:24:53 PM »
CC has done a good job generally, particularly as it’s yet another season where we have really had a striker, but he’s a conservative coach and I worry he will head in to the game playing for a point
Assuming we don’t go up I’d be quite happy for us take a step back and try to rebuild. We do need to rid ourselves of the out of contract players and try and invest in youth. It might painful for a year or two but it needs to be done. I have my doubts as to whether CC is the right man to take this on.
I am with you all the way there Smethwickw that is what is required.
« Last post by ex coseley kid on Today at 01:11:19 PM »
I'm not sure what we are expecting next weekend.

Does anyone think, for one minute, we have it in us to win all of our playoffs?

No attack. No finish.

Would absolutely love to eat these words but we have fizzled.
« Last post by KYA on Today at 12:42:12 PM »
 I feel we will put in a performance against Preston and claim the 3pts.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10