Author Topic: 13 Sept 2020 Albion 0 Leicester City 3  (Read 53682 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Pre Match Chat
« Reply #75 on: September 11, 2020, 03:26:52 PM »
MAddison and Fuchs now available, bugger. Hpefully he rests them as been out so long

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #76 on: September 11, 2020, 05:58:01 PM »
Leicester were poor at the end of last season and they have only signed 1 player this summer, a replacement for Ben Chilwell. They will be playing a midfielder in Ndidi in central defence and from what I can gather, Ben James is also more comfortable in midfield (not to mention Castagne hasn't been training all that much with them up to now).

Their attack is obviously a top level attack, with Vardy, Tielmams, Maddison, Barnes and Praet, but there is a bit of negativity around Leicester at the moment with the lack of incomings.

Leicester will finish above us and I stand by my prediction of a 19th or 20th placed finish for us, but I wouldn't be shocked if we get atleast a point this weekend, maybe even more.

My Albion team would have Robinson up front, Pereira behind him, Diangana on one wing and either Grosicki (my preference) or Phillips (due to his tendancy to start seasons well) on the other. I just wish we had a stronger base of midfield, although I am looking forward to seeing how Sawyers gets on as if he can get back to his best, he is possibly the most stylish English born midfielder around (even more than Grealish, Maddison or Foden).
Boing Boing

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #77 on: September 11, 2020, 05:59:37 PM »
Leicester have won all 4 @premierleague visits to West Brom, with @vardy7 scoring in each of them – they have never won 5 successive away games against a single opponent in PL
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2020, 03:25:23 AM »
I honestly believe, and I’m not just saying this, that this is where I feel no crowds hurts teams like us. They have injuries ect, we are newly promoted, a full house opening day, the crowd going mad about Diangana ect and I think we would do them as the extra man. Leicester are out of form, and with no crowd the players may just be that few percent down which allows them to bed in to the game ect. Just my feeling and one of the reasons why I frankly find this no crowd football dreadful and a joke. Just my opinion

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2020, 06:08:53 AM »
I would take the point now. These are our bogey side at home. However these are short at the back and its first game of season it's a free hit so why the hell not?

COME ON YOU BAGGIES
O Albion we love you

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2020, 08:04:11 AM »
Can’t see past a defeat. Barnes and Vardy will tear us apart and we don’t have a capable striker, which I think affects more than just our chances of scoring. I think it affects things like our psychology and Leicester’s tactical mentality.

I think the first few weeks will be a wake up call for many fans.

TheBaggieMan

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2020, 08:38:44 AM »

Baggies 1-0 Leicester

Now, where did I put the, tablets....

🙏

West Brom 2023/24
Has Sticky the Stick Insect finally got unstuck from that sticky bun?
Great stuff under Corberan - keep it up Baggies!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2020, 08:39:51 AM »
It's played on the 13th. Let's make it unlucky for them.

letmereadposts

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2020, 11:38:29 AM »
Every point is sacred. If we stay up it will be through points at home (unless fans don’t return at all then it could change things) we had a good away record last year, need to have a good home record in Prem.

What I’m clutching at is no club is going to sit back against us, and assuming we have at least striker added, our first 11 will be dangerous going forward especially on the counter.

We need to change our home form for the better and we need to change our defence for the better.

I’m not sure we’ll get anything from this one, but I’m confident we’ll compete which with some future additions next week we can build on.

1-2 Leicester. We’ll play better than expected, lack a cutting edge but end the game strong. Hope I’m wrong and we win or draw. COYB

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2020, 12:43:42 PM »
The Leicester players out are defenders, so we still have to deal with Vardy, Thielemans, Maddison, Barnes. You'd have to fancy them to put at least one past our defence. Whether Ivanovic would have changed that, who knows. I think we will create chances. Depends how good we are at converting them. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Team
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2020, 07:13:30 PM »
It would have been nice to have a new name/improvement in the first eleven, but we will have to wait a few weeks to see if that happens.

If the team starts this season like they did the last then we could shock a few teams, but it's going to take a huge change in momentum as we have looked lethargic and devoid of creativity at times in 2020.

Our current best eleven has Robinson up front, but it's hard to predict what Bilic will go with. Will he start HRK again?
Boing Boing

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2020, 08:28:44 PM »
The games today have wet my appetite for new season, hopefully we can get off to a flying start. We have the X factor with Pereira and Diangana so will be a tough proposition for Leicester, 3-2 Albion. COYB.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2020, 08:55:13 PM »
Johnstone
O’Shea ajayi Hegazi Gibbs
Livermore Sawyers
Phillips Pereira Diangana
Robson Kanu

Whilst we haven’t improved on last season, that is the front line that gave us a long winning run last November/December. Hopefully Phillips can start the season well, he usually does tbf.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2020, 09:07:58 PM »
I'd go CR up front.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2020, 10:22:28 PM »
I'm really looking forward to the start of a new season. The positive vibes on this forum are carrying me forward on a wave of joyous optimism, the likes of which I haven't experienced since making it to the toilet in time at 04:00 hrs this morning when my belly began to pinch. The relief and euphoria as the equivalent of a rutting water buffalo resplendent with hooves passed through was something else. If I can survive that then Sunday holds no fears for me. Onwards and COYB  8) .

I hope I can feel as majestic as you come 4pm tomorrow.

I worry for us a bit, I think we have enough in midfield to trouble them but there’s 1 or 2 question marks on us defensively and they have players that can hurt us. My instinct is saying 1-3 but I like to be hopefully and I think it could be a 2-2 thriller! (That’s the heart).
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

AbbeymeadBaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »
Surely the pre match team talk will involve "this is what all the work last season was for !". This could be a game where players give 110%. Our cup final? Sometimes perspiration can match inspiration.

COYB

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2020, 10:29:48 PM »
3 points are well within our grasp tomorrow. Leicester are in poor form, have sold a few and have injuries. Anything can happen but keep the faith.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2020, 11:41:58 PM »
The Leicester fans aren't too optimistic due to the sheer number of injuries/suspensions at the back. I'm sure they'll score against us, but perhaps we can nick a few too if their main guys are out (Ricardo, Evans etc)

Hopefully we can do better than Leeds and Fulham who both lost and at least get a point.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2020, 12:25:14 AM »
Surely the pre match team talk will involve "this is what all the work last season was for!". This could be a game where players give 110%. Our cup final? Sometimes perspiration can match inspiration.

I’m hoping that now the shackles are off to a degree, and the pressure of promotion has gone, we can find a way to revert to the football we were playing between August and December last year. It was freewheeling and enjoyable football, where Sawyers controlled the game from deep and Diangana and Pereira caused all sorts of issues for defenders.

After the Leeds love in today, wouldn’t it be great if we could come in and destroy the narrative that it was only them and Brentford who were the progressive teams in the division. A win tomorrow, and a win in style, would be very welcome.
Boing Boing

westbrom3wolves0

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2020, 03:20:15 AM »
When the fixtures were released I wrote this game off. But now it’s the eve of, whether it’s my Baggie naivety or just my excitement about us kicking off back in the Prem, I think we can come out of the game with something and I am quietly confident about it.

Leicester are in a weird position with injuries and their 2020 especially away from home was questionable. If and it’s a big if, we play with confidence like the fans know we can, take the game to them and play with the intense press that we’ve seen on occasions I fancy us here. Far from having the goal scorer we need in our team, but this is 11 v 11, opening day, behind closed doors and psychologically as a football club the momentum is with us.

I say bring it on.

2-1 to the stripes. Diangana and Ajayi, Vardy for Leicester.
Oooooohhhh West Bromwich Albion! #SPRAY32

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2020, 06:28:28 AM »
Happy if we manage a draw, struggling to see where we can get enough up front to hurt them unless Slav has something up his sleeve from free kicks.
With Maddison, Barnes and Vardy it will be a tough test for our defence.
COYB.  ;D
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2020, 07:38:49 AM »
We will win 1-0.  8)
Ajayi's header from a corner.
The PRIDE of midlands

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2020, 08:01:21 AM »
Does anyone else think amongst all this optimism, that we could fall flat on our faces with the realities of the premier league and get well beaten, say 0-4. Don't have a go at me for feeling so negative, it is just a thought after knowing we have not strengthened the team enough.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2020, 08:12:30 AM »
It wouldn't be a surprise Tegga although hopefully it doesn't happen of course.

It's not even like a thrashing would get the board moving so it wouldnt help in a messed up way.

I dont think we will get hammered but a draw or win would be amazing.

garry

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #99 on: September 13, 2020, 08:22:35 AM »
Does anyone else think amongst all this optimism, that we could fall flat on our faces with the realities of the premier league and get well beaten, say 0-4. Don't have a go at me for feeling so negative, it is just a thought after knowing we have not strengthened the team enough.
I'm a glass half-full person, but I feel the same - I've got a really bad feeling about this one.
I just don't feel that our defense is good enough for this league.
Please do not give away a stupid early goal.
0-0 at half time and hope Leicester get frustrated.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 08:30:31 AM by garry »