Author Topic: Who's starting to become resigned  (Read 130827 times)

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Who's starting to become resigned
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2017, 11:01:54 AM »
You often hear players/managers saying that they don't look at the table, or that they don't look at how other teams are doing. But I don't believe that for a second. Simple fact is, we're in a tight spot, possibly the tightest spot we've been in for a long time. Surely the squad must be looking at the table and starting to worry, thus causing panic.

It is my opinion, however, the facts don't lie. We have massive talent throughout our squad. I started going up in '94 and although some of my all-time favourite players were around in the 90s, I don't recall us having any/many international players. Compare that with our squad today and we have half if not two-thirds of the squad playing in world cup qualifier teams. We've had bad luck with injuries, so our squad has been threadbare. If we can get Morrison, Brunt and Chadli back I think we'll have a lot more creativity on the pitch.

After the game on Saturday, I did feel resigned to going down. It's always been the Albion way, that if a team are on a bad run, they will play us and get that much needed lift they desired. Don't know why, but it's been going on since I can remember. I think if we can just get one win then it will turn our form around and we'll get out of trouble.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2017, 11:09:48 AM »
I'm resigned to the fact I can't see us winning until the Brighton game.

Can't see us taking anything from Liverpool, United or Stoke. It all hinges on the home games against Brighton, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield and Swanesa. There's enough points there providing we don't lose any. I can't see us winning another game away from home so if we can pick up the odd point from Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Palace then we should be alright.

Depressing really, we should never be in this mess in the first place.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2017, 12:38:31 PM »
Our chances of staying up are no more than 50% and probably more towards 30/70 against. We've scored just 12 goals in 14 games, we are averaging less than 1 point per game and we've had a relatively kind fixture list so far. Presuming we lose against Liverpool and Utd we will have 13 points from 18 games which is nailed on for relegation, that leaves us on target to finish on 26 points. So make no mistake this is a full blown crisis and Pardrew is going to have to work a minor miracle to keep us up. Particularly if the board tie his hands in January by insisting we don't breach the FFP limits on the wages.

Last season we over achieved in my view and the appalling run-in was a clear danger sign of the trouble ahead. We then failed to sign (or even attempt to sign) an out and out goalscorer in pre-season, which was the obvious problem area. The board then rewarded Pulis with a new contract which wasn't merited, no doubt he was happy with his reported £2/3m payoff.

Lots of people within the club were patting themselves on the back last season at how well our medical department had done to limit injuries. This year Chadli, Morrison and Phillips have been injured more often than not. Presumably with the same backroom medical team providing the same support. Just goes to show that you need a lot of luck to avoid serious injuries to important players.

Our lack of threat upfront from Rondon / J-Rod & Kanu is embarrassing. Even Huddersfield have Mounie. Shambles that the squad is so lopsided and lets face it if we get relegated no one is going to miss us, not exactly been lighting up the league.

Anyone got anything positive to say? I can't think of anything save for Pardrew expects the team to try to attack and pass the ball which is a shock to the system of the players conditioned on sitting in and defending.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2017, 01:08:06 PM »
There are 38 games in a season not 36. Still think we'll get 45 points by May.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:04 PM »
There are 38 games in a season not 36. Still think we'll get 45 points by May.

Usually I agree with you but I genuinely cannot see where we are winning that many games.

superkev

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2017, 01:44:34 PM »
As we have the worst 3 "strikers" in the league and now we dont score at all from set pieces I dont have any hope at all. :(
"

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2017, 02:05:07 PM »
Quite simply we need a win from anywhere, I don't care that were playing Liverpool and Manchester United, we've beat both in recent times, we have to try and do it again. If we lose both I don't see how we recover as Stoke away isn't the game I would
Want to follow

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2017, 03:18:35 PM »
Quite simply we need a win from anywhere, I don't care that were playing Liverpool and Manchester United, we've beat both in recent times, we have to try and do it again. If we lose both I don't see how we recover as Stoke away isn't the game I would
Want to follow

Agree to a point, fortunes change quickly in sport.

I think it's generally accepted, that 90% of sport is played "between the ears". Even if we lose both games against Liverpool & Man United, provided we give a good account of ourselves then confidence will come flooding back.

We're not adrift yet, so it's too early to be resigned to anything.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2017, 03:54:22 PM »
I'm resigned to the fact I can't see us winning until the Brighton game.

Can't see us taking anything from Liverpool, United or Stoke. It all hinges on the home games against Brighton, Southampton, Leicester, Burnley, Huddersfield and Swanesa. There's enough points there providing we don't lose any. I can't see us winning another game away from home so if we can pick up the odd point from Watford, Bournemouth, Newcastle and Palace then we should be alright.

Depressing really, we should never be in this mess in the first place.
No reason why we can't beat Stoke which would leave us on 16 points at the halfway stage. I reckon 38 points will keep us up this year so only need 22 from the 2nd half of the season. Add into the mix that we have gotten rid of Pulis, brought in Pardew and have the January window looming, it's a piece of cake. What we all worried about?

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2017, 09:57:01 PM »
Bottom 3 now thanks to a crazy last few minutes in tonight's games. Sadly could never see us turning it round in the last minute at the moment

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2017, 09:59:49 PM »
Bottom at xmas, another great escape
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

sing on our own

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2017, 09:59:58 PM »
I don’t think any of us can argue we don’t deserve to be there. Just amazed it’s taken this long.

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2017, 10:04:50 PM »
I think we're doomed. We just ain't good enough.
the regime don't like it man

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2017, 10:06:16 PM »
Nothing going our way at the moment, thats for sure
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2017, 10:06:46 PM »
I think we're doomed. We just ain't good enough.

Welcome to reality!
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Raglan

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2017, 10:09:24 PM »
Bottom 3 now.Its gonner take a mighty effort to get out of this one now.Mr Pulis , enjoy your xmas

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2017, 10:12:53 PM »
Our premier league run is over. We will not get out of the bottom 3 again this season. Thanks pulis!

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2017, 10:14:06 PM »
Our premier league run is over. We will not get out of the bottom 3 again this season. Thanks pulis!

Don’t blame him, he is what he is, it’s all on the board for me.

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2017, 10:19:20 PM »
Don’t blame him, he is what he is, it’s all on the board for me.
it's down to him. The dinosaur killed our club

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »
Got to copy Roy at Palace , a side that works hard , defends as a unit and has a bit of danger up top.
We aren't miles from that , its not impossible and as I posted elsewhere a lot depends on injuries.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2017, 10:31:37 PM »
Don't be so defeatist folks - people like me yearned for for so long for Pulis to go and we eventually got our wish. AP wants to introduce an approach that will be a breath of fresh air compared to the stifling Pulis era, so we need to back him and be positive now that the negative influence has gone. Nothing will be achieved by doom and gloom now, we seem to give up too easily these days.

It's understandable that Pulis killed people's passion, but everyone who lost it needs to try to dredge it up from somewhere again now, difficult though it is after so many games without a win.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2017, 10:36:08 PM »
think we will be bottom at xmas and relagated by march if we dont turn around this awful run masterminded by pulis. williams has alot to answer for in keeping tony on after collapse of last season, think owner needs to invest in pardew and get rid of chairman.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:52 PM »
it's down to him. The dinosaur killed our club

Pulis was never going to change, the board needed to get rid in May but they didn’t. A lot of fans would have been disappointed had he gone then because the swathe of opinion hadn’t turned against him at that point but no one can accuse me of not seeing it coming and I’m not paid by the club to be able to spot these things. John Williams has been next to useless in my eyes since his appointment, costing us more money by giving him a contract extension.

I can’t abide Pulis but no one can accuse him of doing something he hasn’t done in all his years of management thus far. The board should have acted instead of waiting until we were completely on our backsides to do it

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2017, 10:45:04 PM »
Longest stay in the top flight is 20 odd years I think. We will never repeat that as we have small club syndrome....

We are probably due a relegation and this one is the culmination of three years treading water......because we didn't have the balls to push on.......just still feeling lucky to be here.......referring to the people running the club by the way not us supporters......

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2017, 10:55:01 PM »
As far as I’m concerned I was of the opinion we would get relegated when we did not sack Pulis in the summer, the fact we left it so late has simply made our chance of survival even more difficult.

It’s now over to the owner and board of directors, are they prepared to give us a fighting chance once the transfer window opens or do we go down with a whimper?
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.