Author Topic: Carlos Corberan  (Read 257310 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Carlos Corberan
« Reply #1450 on: June 01, 2023, 11:00:12 AM »
It’s £3m.  And any money simply cannot leave the Group without breaching the MSD debenture conditions.

I hope you're not getting too fed up with posting this stuff already because I think you're going to be repeating yourself until such time as we have new owners. When a similar cycle will likely begin again  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1451 on: June 01, 2023, 11:09:18 AM »
I bet we have been on the phone to Mark Hughes already. Hopefully when Hughes picked the phone up he thought it was a mis dialled number from the local takeaway and hung up.
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1452 on: June 01, 2023, 11:27:34 AM »
I'll worry about Carlos leaving if he leaves and not before. I'm perfectly comfortable with speculation linking him elsewhere. News and gossip are like money in so far as they help keep the world turning.

Much bigger things to worry about in life than who the Albion manager is. Remembers Saunders, Gould, the aging Burkinshaw, Buckley, Smith, Little, Pardew, Bruce et.al and shudders. I wonder what 'Colin's' up to next season.....  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1453 on: June 01, 2023, 02:15:41 PM »
I think Carlos has a genuine affection and appreciation of us as a club, and I don't think he is edging towards a move. He always has a good word for Albion fans. 

What may be crucial is who our next CEO is. Is he able to form a strong relationship with Carlos.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1454 on: June 01, 2023, 02:19:26 PM »
I think Carlos has a genuine affection and appreciation of us as a club, and I don't think he is edging towards a move. He always has a good word for Albion fans. 

What may be crucial is who our next CEO is. Is he able to form a strong relationship with Carlos.

Let’s see how affectionate he is to the club when Leeds double his salary
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1455 on: June 01, 2023, 02:53:17 PM »

I'm with you on this. Many on here had him moving when Leeds sacked Marsch and yet he signed a longer (and improved) contract with us.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1456 on: June 01, 2023, 04:40:46 PM »
I think Carlos loves us,  will stay and get stuck in/he sees the light and legs it to Leeds as fast as possible. One or tuther.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1457 on: June 01, 2023, 07:27:22 PM »
I think Carlos loves us,  will stay and get stuck in/he sees the light and legs it to Leeds as fast as possible. One or tuther.

I will have a cheeky fiver with you now that he is not in charge for the first game of the season
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 07:47:17 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1458 on: June 01, 2023, 08:40:43 PM »
He has two choices. Scrimp and scrape with a basket case of a club or head for a club with proper structure and cash in the bank.
What would you opt for?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1459 on: June 01, 2023, 09:22:24 PM »
Don’t dislike Carlos but feel some fail to see any weaknesses he has.
If he went and we had a decent break clause …then maybe we get someone in who has something to prove,already has plenty money,an affinity with the club and will do it for the right reasons …after his time at Chelsea 😉
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1460 on: June 01, 2023, 09:25:02 PM »
If he went and we had a decent break clause …then maybe we get someone in who has something to prove,already has plenty money,an affinity with the club and will do it for the right reasons …after his time at Chelsea 😉
Interesting thought.  We gave Roy his comeback route after all.

baggiemart

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1461 on: June 01, 2023, 09:29:32 PM »

Sorry to disappoint you but he is on his way to Crystal Palace.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #1462 on: June 01, 2023, 10:02:06 PM »

Many see his weaknesses- or that he was dealt a poor hand.

But corberans positives by a million miles outweigh any negatives

He’s the only person at this club with any football acumen for a start
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1463 on: June 01, 2023, 10:17:01 PM »
Many see his weaknesses- or that he was dealt a poor hand.

But corberans positives by a million miles outweigh any negatives

He’s the only person at this club with any football acumen for a start

given what he's up against not really a glowing endorsement is it?
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1464 on: June 01, 2023, 10:22:08 PM »
He has two choices. Scrimp and scrape with a basket case of a club or head for a club with proper structure and cash in the bank.
What would you opt for?

If you’re referring to Leeds, they are as big a basket case as us right now

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1465 on: June 01, 2023, 10:41:58 PM »
If he is thinking of his CV, he leaves us.   At the moment, Albion are a success on his CV.  He can say that he took over when we were bottom and took us to the last day in a play off spot despite corporate turmoil and a horrible injury list.  That’s all very credible.  Next year he may be responsible for taking us from play off contenders to relegation fodder.  That leaves a stain.   If I were his agent, I’d be suggesting a change ..,

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1466 on: June 01, 2023, 11:03:20 PM »
If he is thinking of his CV, he leaves us.   At the moment, Albion are a success on his CV.  He can say that he took over when we were bottom and took us to the last day in a play off spot despite corporate turmoil and a horrible injury list.  That’s all very credible.  Next year he may be responsible for taking us from play off contenders to relegation fodder.  That leaves a stain.   If I were his agent, I’d be suggesting a change ..,

He actually can't lose.

If he gets us promoted, it's in spite of the car crash of a club.

If he fails, it's because of the car crash of a club.

I could see him leaving, if he gets into conflict with the owners or the next CEO, or both.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2023, 11:06:34 PM by baggiejohn »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1467 on: June 01, 2023, 11:30:57 PM »
If you’re referring to Leeds, they are as big a basket case as us right now

If only that were true. I'd be delighted to be in Leeds position. If they actually pushed to appoint Corberan I think he would be completely mad to turn them down to stay at our place. The guy who appointed him and looked after the transfer negotiations at B71 has just quit. So let's hope they look elsewhere.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1468 on: June 02, 2023, 08:40:35 AM »
He actually can't lose.

If he gets us promoted, it's in spite of the car crash of a club.

If he fails, it's because of the car crash of a club.

I could see him leaving, if he gets into conflict with the owners or the next CEO, or both.

I doubt anyone with ambition would think like that. The only reason to ignore ambition if continue to look like a car crash is financial security and his will not be at risk if Leeds are willing to offer him a deal.

I personally think if Leeds were to come in, CC would go.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #1469 on: June 02, 2023, 08:45:36 AM »

Admin, please remove this post, its far too sensible and damaging to my sensibilities at the same time. :-\

There is now nobody insulating Carlos from the madness of our far eastern directors, that alone would be reason enough to walk, can you imagine Carlos having to discuss transfer budget / strategy / player contracts / staff levels ....... with Ken ?  It cannot end well
« Last Edit: June 02, 2023, 08:49:01 AM by Albionic »
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1470 on: June 02, 2023, 08:55:43 AM »
I doubt anyone with ambition would think like that. The only reason to ignore ambition if continue to look like a car crash is financial security and his will not be at risk if Leeds are willing to offer him a deal.

I personally think if Leeds were to come in, CC would go.

If an offer from Leeds were a unique opportunity, I'd agree with you, but good coaching jobs come up all the time. Without doubt, there will be a number of EPL vacancies in the next 12 months.
IMO, it's more likely that frustration with interference from above will ultimately drive CC away.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1471 on: June 02, 2023, 11:11:21 AM »
At the moment Corberans stock is high, if we get off to a poor start then that will soom change.

Unless we get taken over, or Lai decides to start running the club properly (crazy idea i know) Corberan will be expected to be perform miracles with a similar (ish) squad to last season, a squad that ran out of steam and is another year older.

Corberan seemed to work well with Ron, there is a chance we will have a Lai croney come in instead and I just dont see how we have a big revamp of this squad in our current circumstances, i think with Corberan incharge we probably wont struggle but be more midtable, he did a great job at Huddersfield and he has with us and cant help but think he has earnt a bigger job rather than being a firefighter.

Since Corberan took over we have had one bombshell after another - non payment of Lais loan, auditors saying its unlikely we ever will see it, that we will need to sell, a £20m loam just for 'running costs' and the bloke who employed him resigning, all of which affefts Corberan and his chance to build his own squad.

I think Corberan does like the club but i wouldnt blame him if he went, a lot has changed off the pitch  since he took over and now may he his best chance to get a good job.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1472 on: June 02, 2023, 11:31:19 AM »
We will always be subject to be raided by bigger clubs. If Leeds want CC let’s hope they do it quickly. If we need to find a new Head Coach I’m guessing we’ll need a new CEO first. I fear the season approaching without us having either in time!

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1473 on: June 02, 2023, 01:09:19 PM »
We will always be subject to be raided by bigger clubs. If Leeds want CC let’s hope they do it quickly. If we need to find a new Head Coach I’m guessing we’ll need a new CEO first. I fear the season approaching without us having either in time!
Leeds apparently don't have a CEO, so I doubt he'd be in a hurry to go somewhere where he didn't know who his day-to-day manager would be. However, there will be other suitors sooner or later, both here and abroad. Let's just hope that whoever fills Ron's position forms a good strong working relationship with Carlos.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1474 on: June 02, 2023, 02:58:37 PM »
Controversial post alert! Is Carlos really that great? Yes, bottom to a potential play off I know, I get that. However, just looked back on our last 10 league fixtures....12 points from a possible 30. I'd put some of the blame for that with CC. Some poor and late subs, players out of their natural positions, and generally encouraging a bunch of mainly technically poor players to try and play patiently from the back. And not to mention playing a lone (non) striker unable to trap wind and with no positional awareness. Just saying!

Off to hide in my bomb shelter now!