Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369608 times)

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9675 on: September 01, 2023, 09:57:37 AM »
Will J. Peace buy us off him? He'd make a nice profit.

He's made his money he was never fussed about the outcome of the club once he sold it. He gave us some good times but ultimately sold us to the highest bidder.

Even if he was interested in part 2, he'd wait until the very last moment to get the best bang for his buck as would most people who were trying to make some money.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9676 on: September 01, 2023, 10:29:42 AM »
I despise Peace for what he did (yes I understand business but when it's Albion it's inexcusable).

I'd still take him in a heartbeat over Lai. At least he had a grasp of running the club/ getting the right people in to achieve that.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9677 on: September 01, 2023, 10:35:00 AM »
I despise Peace for what he did (yes I understand business but when it's Albion it's inexcusable).

I'd still take him in a heartbeat over Lai. At least he had a grasp of running the club/ getting the right people in to achieve that.

Yep. Peace sold us to the highest bidder but he was always going too. He's in no way responsible for the 7 years of destruction caused by Lai. 2 separate things

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9678 on: September 01, 2023, 10:39:17 AM »

Yep. Peace sold us to the highest bidder but he was always going too. He's in no way responsible for the 7 years of destruction caused by Lai. 2 separate things

He could have paid back the original loan when he got his money but he chose not to.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9679 on: September 01, 2023, 10:39:47 AM »
He could have paid back the original loan when he got his money but he chose not to.

True and that is what has caused Lai to do absolutely nothing for 7 years. Poor old Lai

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9680 on: September 01, 2023, 10:41:51 AM »
True and that is what has caused Lai to do absolutely nothing for 7 years. Poor old Lai

To me they have both profited form our great club without investing.  Fingers crossed the next owner is more responsible (surely couldn't be worse ?)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9681 on: September 01, 2023, 11:26:41 AM »
To me they have both profited form our great club without investing.  Fingers crossed the next owner is more responsible (surely couldn't be worse ?)

Extremely unlikely but possible I guess

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9682 on: September 01, 2023, 11:38:55 AM »

Wouldn't bank on that, as things stand Lai will sell to anyone who is willing to pay his valuation of the club.
Wouldn't be at all surprised if it's another consortium.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9683 on: September 01, 2023, 11:42:02 AM »

Peace profited.  I don’t think turning a £200m investment into maybe a £20m investment will turn out to result in Lai having profited!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9684 on: September 01, 2023, 11:44:40 AM »

You never know Tam', there's some right dodgy Bassani's out there.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9685 on: September 01, 2023, 05:00:27 PM »
Peace profited.  I don’t think turning a £200m investment into maybe a £20m investment will turn out to result in Lai having profited!
idiot will drag us into administration and in the process lose 200 million investment.

Gilsey 56

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9686 on: September 01, 2023, 10:48:54 PM »
idiot will drag us into administration and in the process lose 200 million investment.
I think that could well happen, but he will sell what he can first, no doubt.
In the beginning there was light.......Followed by the king Jeff Astle.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9687 on: September 01, 2023, 11:36:55 PM »
Now the transfer window is over

Please please sell up

It’s time to go

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9688 on: September 02, 2023, 10:37:57 AM »
Surely after yesterday there must be a takeover pretty close, we were told we needed to sell to basically continue as a football club

Luke.jones12345

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9689 on: September 02, 2023, 10:42:42 AM »
Something tells me takeover isn’t far away,and I think corberan might know as he seems pretty content even though the board hasn’t giving him the amount of players they promised him at the end of the season ,maybe he knows something is pretty close

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9690 on: September 02, 2023, 11:03:33 AM »

Peace can't be absolved of responsibility for year one (16/17). He picked up a generous salary as 'adviser' up to 30 June 2017, during which the disastrous appointments of Williams and Goodwin were made - the ramifications of which were felt during later years.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9691 on: September 02, 2023, 11:44:12 AM »
Scratching my head here when hoping for a new owner, who in his right mind would take on a debt riddled club in short term for the owners valuation of £60 million with known legacy loans of £32 million plus interest. When in a year or two you can get a club in administration for a fraction of that with no debt.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9692 on: September 02, 2023, 12:29:14 PM »
Peace can't be absolved of responsibility for year one (16/17). He picked up a generous salary as 'adviser' up to 30 June 2017, during which the disastrous appointments of Williams and Goodwin were made - the ramifications of which were felt during later years.

Lai had every opportunity to install his own staff and systems but (massive red flag 1 on day 1) he couldn't be bothered. He just walked off and paid someone else to look after the club without any care.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9693 on: September 02, 2023, 11:54:24 PM »
Scratching my head here when hoping for a new owner, who in his right mind would take on a debt riddled club in short term for the owners valuation of £60 million with known legacy loans of £32 million plus interest. When in a year or two you can get a club in administration for a fraction of that with no debt.

The 60 million valuation includes debts. Lai would get circa £30m.

I would think something is close to happening tbh, otherwise we would have accepted the bid for BTA & a couple of the derisory bids we got for other players.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9694 on: September 03, 2023, 12:08:31 AM »
The 60 million valuation includes debts. Lai would get circa £30m.

I would think something is close to happening tbh, otherwise we would have accepted the bid for BTA & a couple of the derisory bids we got for other players.

You will need more than 60 million to buy us, as there will be running costs of our high wage bill to take into consideration

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9695 on: September 03, 2023, 05:16:45 AM »
Whats stopping Lai borrowing more against the club? I fear its nothing.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9696 on: September 03, 2023, 07:42:17 AM »
Whats stopping Lai borrowing more against the club? I fear its nothing.

If Lai wants to borrow against his (Yunyai’s) shareholding in the club then that’s entirely his risk, not ours.  He can’t borrow more against the club itself because of the MSD debenture already in place.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9697 on: September 03, 2023, 07:46:44 AM »

Hardly “debt-riddled”.  Just short of cash.  Less debt than probably two-thirds of the 24 clubs in the Championship.  Most of them owe massive debts to their shareholders.

Where do you get a figure of “£32 million plus interest” from?

But irrelevant really because the debt is included in the £60m asking price - which is exactly that, an asking price.  Doesn’t mean he’ll get it.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9698 on: September 03, 2023, 07:50:32 AM »
You will need more than 60 million to buy us, as there will be running costs of our high wage bill to take into consideration

Of course you would need more than 60m to run the club, however I imagine a new owner would want promotion over the next couple of years so will know they’d need to put funds in.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9699 on: September 03, 2023, 08:34:27 AM »
If Lai wants to borrow against his (Yunyai’s) shareholding in the club then that’s entirely his risk, not ours.  He can’t borrow more against the club itself because of the MSD debenture already in place.
You’ve only had to repeat that how many times?
There will still be some on here think that Lai takes the money from the programme sellers outside the ground.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..