Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369605 times)

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9350 on: June 18, 2023, 03:49:50 AM »
Where Peace excelled was in the people he put in place to run the club and  the football side.
He had no long term interest only making millions and hit lucky with an idiot who would pay way over the top.
Where Lia failed miserably is exactly the opposite to Peace, he employed absolute idiots to run the club and sacked them continuously, costing the club millions with no plan or structure in place whatsoever.
When you look at the money that has been spent in his time at the club it’s mind blowing.
We have desperately needed a person to come in and organise us as a club such as Brighton or Brentford have done.
That’s the kind of owner I want.

Do you remember who recommended Willisms and Goodman?

Those two authorised the biggest waste of money in our history and led to our relegation.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9351 on: June 18, 2023, 08:53:48 AM »
The same person who stayed on as an advi£er for a year.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9352 on: June 18, 2023, 08:58:57 AM »
Looking back now, it's clear that even at day 1 Lai couldn't even be bothered enough to appoint his own men at the start of his reign.

"Just let someone else do it, pay someone else, i'm not interested......" etc etc

What a way to treat your investment.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9353 on: June 18, 2023, 11:26:27 AM »
Do you remember who recommended Willisms and Goodman?

Those two authorised the biggest waste of money in our history and led to our relegation.
never replaced Dan Ashworth and now should be onto him to get loans from Newcastle.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9354 on: June 18, 2023, 11:28:27 AM »
never replaced Dan Ashworth and now should be onto him to get loans from Newcastle.

In truth I don’t think we could ever have replaced Ashworth. He’s in a class of his own.

Agreed though that getting loans from Newcastle would help!

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9355 on: June 18, 2023, 11:35:27 AM »
In truth I don’t think we could ever have replaced Ashworth. He’s in a class of his own.

Agreed though that getting loans from Newcastle would help!
when you’re in the mire you call family or friends and in Ashworth I’d day club have got a friend.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9356 on: June 18, 2023, 11:39:33 AM »
when you’re in the mire you call family or friends and in Ashworth I’d day club have got a friend.

I’m sure he’d like his son to be in a successful team!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9357 on: June 27, 2023, 04:11:25 PM »
Even Alan Pardew had a little dig at the owners on Talksport today.

Reflecting back on his time here he said he didn't enjoy it (neither did we) and "didnt enjoy it under the ownership and it's still the same"

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9358 on: June 27, 2023, 05:48:14 PM »
Even Alan Pardew had a little dig at the owners on Talksport today.

Reflecting back on his time here he said he didn't enjoy it (neither did we) and "didnt enjoy it under the ownership and it's still the same"

Alan sweetheart before you were appointed we had a sneaking suspicion that the owners weren't much kop your appointment pretty much confirmed it. By the way how's the career going by the way?  Love and kisses Stan

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9359 on: June 27, 2023, 05:56:58 PM »
Alan sweetheart before you were appointed we had a sneaking suspicion that the owners weren't much kop your appointment pretty much confirmed it. By the way how's the career going by the way?  Love and kisses Stan

;D

Alan Pardew was a garbage appointment even by Lai standards. Not once in the interview did he take much responsibility for his own awfulness.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9360 on: June 27, 2023, 07:19:29 PM »
;D

Alan Pardew was a garbage appointment even by Lai standards. Not once in the interview did he take much responsibility for his own awfulness.

Alan Pardew not realising that he’s the biggest part of the let down that season and a green under the gills Darren Moore would’ve gave us a substantially larger chance to stay up if he even had just 2 games extra.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9361 on: June 27, 2023, 07:24:03 PM »
Alan Pardew not realising that he’s the biggest part of the let down that season and a green under the gills Darren Moore would’ve gave us a substantially larger chance to stay up if he even had just 2 games extra.

Yep, Pardew was beyond bad. Of course, he doesn't see it that way himself.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9362 on: June 27, 2023, 08:23:53 PM »
Can someone explain to me why Lai would sell part of the club to people with no money? Also would MSD the loan company not have something in the small print guaranteeing them some part in a decision?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9363 on: June 27, 2023, 09:54:19 PM »
The short answer is Lai won't sell to people without at least enough cash to pay for the whatever he is selling. The Farnell approach has not progressed beyond talks, I don't think he has ever bought cold hard cash to the table and his various attempts at buying clubs seem to fizzle out when they reach that point. We can only wait and see on that.

MSD don't care about who owns the club until somebody pays their loan back they have a charge on all the club's assets they can't be sold or used as security for additional borrowing without their permission (not likely to be granted). In short they don't care about who owns the equity their position is water tight and unaltered by a change in ownership. 

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9364 on: June 28, 2023, 09:48:29 AM »
The short answer is Lai won't sell to people without at least enough cash to pay for the whatever he is selling. The Farnell approach has not progressed beyond talks, I don't think he has ever bought cold hard cash to the table and his various attempts at buying clubs seem to fizzle out when they reach that point. We can only wait and see on that.

MSD don't care about who owns the club until somebody pays their loan back they have a charge on all the club's assets they can't be sold or used as security for additional borrowing without their permission (not likely to be granted). In short they don't care about who owns the equity their position is water tight and unaltered by a change in ownership.

the only positive i can see with this Farnell chap is that whichever club he gets linked to and tries to buy he never actually does, however that club does then get sold to someone else.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9365 on: June 28, 2023, 10:12:59 AM »

I think that’s only partially correct.  You are quite right that MSD’s priority is protecting their security via the debenture, but a material change of ownership invariably also means a change of directors and my recollection is that this would require MSD’s prior consent. 

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9366 on: June 30, 2023, 06:01:21 PM »
I am about to write something that I never thought I would. The long term interests of  West Bromwich Albion are best served by us not getting promoted this coming season.

Let me explain.

There is one positive aspect to our current position is that the ownership have recently become realistic about the price they are prepared to sell at. It opens up the prospect of a sale which is the only way out of our current torpor. I do appreciate that a new ownership might not be an improvement but they might be whereas we know the current regime isn't going to get any better.

The ownership are realistic solely because there are worse scenario's available which focusses their minds i.e. relegation to league one which would further reduce their equity and the possibility of administration which would wipe them out.

Furthermore the MSD loan hems them in although it does buy them time.  However it is mixed blessing it adds to the operating costs and default is a very rapid route to administration.

If we are promoted the ownership can ship the first £20m of Premier League cash to MSD they are then free to play fast and loose with the club's assets. The asking price goes up and worst case scenario they are facing is relegation back to the Championship which is cushioned by parachute payments.

The sale is only going to happen because the owners are stuck between a rock and a hard place promotion takes the rock away. 

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9367 on: June 30, 2023, 07:14:26 PM »
I am about to write something that I never thought I would. The long term interests of  West Bromwich Albion are best served by us not getting promoted this coming season.

The ownership are realistic solely because there are worse scenario's available which focusses their minds i.e. relegation to league one which would further reduce their equity and the possibility of administration which would wipe them out.

I have thought this for the most of the last season.  Glad I'm not alone.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9368 on: June 30, 2023, 07:37:37 PM »

Let me explain.

There is one positive aspect to our current position is that the ownership have recently become realistic about the price they are prepared to sell at. It opens up the prospect of a sale which is the only way out of our current torpor. I do appreciate that a new ownership might not be an improvement but they might be whereas we know the current regime isn't going to get any better.

Furthermore the MSD loan hems them in although it does buy them time.  However it is mixed blessing it adds to the operating costs and default is a very rapid route to administration.

If we are promoted the ownership can ship the first £20m of Premier League cash to MSD they are then free to play fast and loose with the club's assets. The asking price goes up and worst case scenario they are facing is relegation back to the Championship which is cushioned by parachute payments.

The sale is only going to happen because the owners are stuck between a rock and a hard place promotion takes the rock away.
I think we will have new owners sooner rather than later .
So hopefully it’ll become a moot point .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9369 on: June 30, 2023, 11:21:05 PM »
I think we will have new owners sooner rather than later .
So hopefully it’ll become a moot point .

So do I, but I’m not convinced they’ll be any better than the current owners.

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9370 on: June 30, 2023, 11:42:36 PM »
Let’s hope it’s not a case of out of the frying pan ……………

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9371 on: July 01, 2023, 01:04:49 AM »
I have convinced myself that Farnell's interest is unsubstantial but as often stated serious interest tends to be kept under wraps until it is pretty much a done deal so there could be something in the offing. However these things don't happen quickly even if a deal was struck today any new owners could be months away from formally completing the deal. 

Who might be involved and their plans are as yet unknown and indeed we could be heading straight from frying pan into the fire. However we know if we sit in the frying long enough we will be burn to a cinder even on a low heat.

As ever we don't get to choose we simply have to hope for the best.

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9372 on: July 01, 2023, 08:22:44 AM »
Let’s hope it’s not a case of out of the frying pan ……………

I've had the same thoughts.

But at this point the frying pan is potential administration and relegation, so surely even the fire is more attractive

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9373 on: July 01, 2023, 08:38:28 AM »
So do I, but I’m not convinced they’ll be any better than the current owners.
I thought Jeremy was very good, it seems now that no one will ever actually be happy until we are top of the prem and buying mbappe….at that point I’d still expect some moans that mbappe is too left sided.
The noise now is new owners required, that wish will be granted….but even if I had the money I wouldn’t buy this club currently .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Dynamo10

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #9374 on: July 01, 2023, 09:20:25 AM »
it seems now that no one will ever actually be happy until we are top of the prem and buying mbappe

League champions then, what's the problem? :P

but even if I had the money I wouldn’t buy this club currently .

I would gladly buy the club if I had the resources, no two ways about it. Though I'd probably need a good amount of said resources to implement what I'd want to do - on and off the pitch, that is.