Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369548 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #9025 on: April 16, 2023, 07:34:31 PM »
He got bilic in ?
He allowed billic to spend over 30m on grant and Diangana
He got Pereria in
He got cornerman in
He got rid of Bruce

Now….I’m sure that many will say that he should take no credit for the above, but if that’s the case then he can’t take the blame either ?

I don't particularly look back on the Bilic/Dowling era with any fondess but that is opinions of course.

Sorry Zippy who is corner man?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9026 on: April 16, 2023, 09:38:11 PM »
I don't particularly look back on the Bilic/Dowling era with any fondess but that is opinions of course.

Sorry Zippy who is corner man?
Corberan
I blame Lai for the auto correct 😀
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9027 on: April 17, 2023, 10:56:38 AM »
Corberan
I blame Lai for the auto correct 😀

Aha, makes sense. I thought Ron was credited with that?

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9028 on: April 17, 2023, 01:32:24 PM »
Lai would not have a clue about any of those deals, just sigedn the cheques.

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #9029 on: April 17, 2023, 01:42:49 PM »
Lai would not have a clue about any of those deals, just sigedn the cheques.

The only he signs is the withdrawals !

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9030 on: April 18, 2023, 10:14:42 AM »
He got bilic in ?
He allowed billic to spend over 30m on grant and Diangana
He got Pereria in
He got cornerman in
He got rid of Bruce

Now….I’m sure that many will say that he should take no credit for the above, but if that’s the case then he can’t take the blame either ?

Reads like a political broadcast for the Laibour Party.

Booooooo.

Keep Polly'sTicks off the board please  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9031 on: April 18, 2023, 12:22:21 PM »
Do i expect a chinese landscape gardener to be an expert in english football - no,
Did Mr Lai get experience on board - In buckets full
Did the experience let Lai down - massively (Allardyce / Pulis / Pardew / Dowling / Nick Hammond / Giuliano Terraneo...........
He even tried going all chinese

having been let down by his staff, is he trying by all methods (scrupulous and not) to reclaim some of his losses - Yes

Dis-passionately can we blame him? Really ?

He has been massively let down time and again, he has paid fortunes to "experts", sanctioned players who managers wanted, maintained a dignified silence

Do I believe this narrative ? Not fully, but the truth is somewhere in the middle from The Twitter vitriol and the above
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9032 on: April 18, 2023, 12:38:57 PM »
Do i expect a chinese landscape gardener to be an expert in english football - no,
Did the experience let Lai down - massively (Allardyce / Pulis / Pardew / Dowling / Nick Hammond / Giuliano Terraneo...........

having been let down by his staff, is he trying by all methods (scrupulous and not) to reclaim some of his losses - Yes

He has been massively let down time and again, he has paid fortunes to "experts", sanctioned players who managers wanted, maintained a dignified silence

Do I believe this narrative ? Not fully, but the truth is somewhere in the middle from The Twitter vitriol and the above

You missed Williams off your list of culprits Albionic, the 'safe pair of hands' appointed by business boy for Lai. He and Pulis spent money like lottery winners which didn't help, something that Jenkins commented on when he came back.

Allardyce let him down insofar as he failed to save an already sinking ship.  He had zippo to spend and made very good use of the loan market, but by then the rot had set in big time. Personally I would take him off your target list......
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:45:32 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #9033 on: April 18, 2023, 12:42:39 PM »
Sam Allardyce definitely ain't to blame for our downfall.

He spent about 4m including loan fees and wages which made us more competitive than the 30m spunked up the wall by those titty babies Dowling and Bilic

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9034 on: April 18, 2023, 01:13:35 PM »
As opposed to a bloke who shouts down a megaphone whilst standing in Halfords lane?
You’ve never met him so how can you state these facts about him ?

I am not sure whether you do this on purpose at times but I will take the bait.

If we're discussing his ownership so far then lets put it in simple in terms.

He bought an established Premier League football club with reserves of £40m in the bank and a club who owned its own assets

Our current position sees us in the division below with a "material uncertainty" with regards to our on-going future whilst having a £26million loan secured against our assets.

And that does not take into account the money that has been taken from this football club to prop up failing businesses in China.

If you want to defend that then go and carry on - but lets not have a pop at those who won't.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9035 on: April 18, 2023, 04:01:10 PM »

I appreciate what you're posting as I've posted similar before. However, would you suggest he used due diligence for a number of those appointments? Because I wouldn't. Shiny item syndrome. See a name and go with it without a clue as to the long term implications and associated costs therein.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9036 on: April 18, 2023, 04:46:09 PM »
Sam Allardyce definitely ain't to blame for our downfall.

He spent about 4m including loan fees and wages which made us more competitive than the 30m spunked up the wall by those titty babies Dowling and Bilic

Yeah, I agree with this. If anything, he gave a small bit of fighting spirit back to us and made us more competitive. Obviously though by then it was too late.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9037 on: April 18, 2023, 06:33:33 PM »
Yeah, I agree with this. If anything, he gave a small bit of fighting spirit back to us and made us more competitive. Obviously though by then it was too late.

Strongly disagree. Have a look back at results under him, awful. Was delighted when he decided to walk at the end of that season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9038 on: April 18, 2023, 11:33:44 PM »
I am not sure whether you do this on purpose at times but I will take the bait.

If we're discussing his ownership so far then lets put it in simple in terms.

He bought an established Premier League football club with reserves of £40m in the bank and a club who owned its own assets

Our current position sees us in the division below with a "material uncertainty" with regards to our on-going future whilst having a £26million loan secured against our assets.

And that does not take into account the money that has been taken from this football club to prop up failing businesses in China.

If you want to defend that then go and carry on - but lets not have a pop at those who won't.
I post my opinion on purpose…nowt else

And there is no where am I having a pop,the FACT is that the poster cannot give an accurate overview of him as a person if he hasn’t met/conversed/engaged with him.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #9039 on: April 19, 2023, 09:03:30 PM »
I post my opinion on purpose…nowt else

And there is no where am I having a pop,the FACT is that the poster cannot give an accurate overview of him as a person if he hasn’t met/conversed/engaged with him.

We may as well shut the forum down then.

I don’t need to be a qualified weatherman to know when it’s raining.

I also don’t need to be a businessman to know that Lai has made a pigs ear of running this club.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

mig

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9040 on: April 20, 2023, 10:20:48 PM »
I appreciate what you're posting as I've posted similar before. However, would you suggest he used due diligence for a number of those appointments? Because I wouldn't. Shiny item syndrome. See a name and go with it without a clue as to the long term implications and associated costs therein.

Yep pretty damning that none of Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce or Bruce have managed at the level we hired them at (or higher) since leaving us. Lai going for experience and it not working is not a case of him being let down, it’s simply him making bad decisions.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9041 on: April 21, 2023, 06:06:49 PM »
The guy is a non entity and a total fraud. End of.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9042 on: April 21, 2023, 06:59:23 PM »

I don't agree. He is out of his depth and floundering.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #9043 on: April 23, 2023, 10:33:05 AM »
Two actors with Wrexham, have shown more nouse than Guuochuan, who is supposedly a businessman.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9044 on: April 23, 2023, 10:38:17 AM »
Two actors with Wrexham, have shown more nouse than Guuochuan, who is supposedly a businessman.

Not really.  The two actors paid peanuts to buy a non-league club and have invested a modest sum in moving them forward.  Lai bought a self-sufficient profitable Premier League for a sum probably 30% more than it was actually worse and made it clear that the club would have to continue to be self-sufficient.

Chalk and cheese.

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9045 on: April 23, 2023, 04:07:24 PM »
Give me the chalk anyday.

OhBilics

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9046 on: April 23, 2023, 11:33:45 PM »
Not really.  The two actors paid peanuts to buy a non-league club and have invested a modest sum in moving them forward.  Lai bought a self-sufficient profitable Premier League for a sum probably 30% more than it was actually worse and made it clear that the club would have to continue to be self-sufficient.

Chalk and cheese.
Give it a few years and even a couple of out-of-work actors might be able to buy us for peanuts as well, given the way things are going.
#BOGOLO

PHP developer for hire. Apply within.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #9047 on: April 24, 2023, 10:35:24 AM »

Cheer up Rob', Ron' might have Laurence Bassini's number in his rolodex. I hear he's up for owning a(nother) football club. What could possibly go wrong  ;D ?

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9049 on: May 03, 2023, 07:40:38 PM »
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music