Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369663 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #8300 on: September 24, 2022, 02:06:01 PM »
If I bought shares in WBA, how much are they if available?
Would I get any freebies as a shareholder, priority booking, reductions in shop, cheaper tickets ets?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8301 on: September 24, 2022, 04:09:05 PM »
Would I get any freebies as a shareholder, priority booking, reductions in shop, cheaper tickets ets?

I doubt you would get any preference as club IPO'd long ago and the sale price will be whatever you can convince a holder to sell their share for as not publicly traded. Search Shareholders 4 Albion and they can help you locate potential sellers mate.

Personally if I had a share currently I'd be looking to sell so you might be in luck

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8302 on: September 24, 2022, 04:12:26 PM »

If you buy enough you get free tickets to every game for you and your guests, access to interest free loans and an office.

On a serious note I don’t believe you get anything as an individual shareholder. I suspect you’d need a ‘significant’ shareholding to be entitled to anything.

S4A say there are 9600 shares approxminately. The loan in the last set of accounts valued us at around £85m and I suspect that’s no lower. It does suggest a top price of £8,800 per share though but you could make an argument the shares are also worthless  so I think you’d get one for much less.

You can also see why many S4A wanted Lai to buy theirs when his transaction with Peace valued them at over £20k each!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2022, 04:20:40 PM by johnny Cash »

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8303 on: September 24, 2022, 06:05:47 PM »
There used to be benefits to being a shareholder, including a shareholders lounge in the Halfords Lane stand and ticket priority. Peace got rid of all fringe benefits, and moved the AGM from the Hawthorns to London. I'm sure it was all designed to make shareholders more likely to sell up.

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8304 on: October 01, 2022, 05:17:15 PM »
Whilst this guy is still holding the reins we are only going in one direction!!!

Tony Goddens Gloves

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8305 on: October 01, 2022, 06:36:36 PM »
Couldn’t go last week to the friendly it would have killed me to remember what we were not so long ago

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8306 on: October 01, 2022, 10:21:28 PM »
Whilst this guy is still holding the reins we are only going in one direction!!!
Yep! Another million or so valuation less due to today’s result  Stick or twist? It doesn’t matter. He’s screwed. We’re screwed. Only one person having a laugh.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8307 on: October 02, 2022, 10:30:13 AM »
Dear Guochuan Lai

I do hope someone visits this forum on your behalf, because we supporters truly love our historic football club. I am sure you are generally a savvy businessman and you are smarting and worried about your investment turning sour. So in a way we have a common ground, albeit for different reasons. We want your investment to be a positive one as much as you do.

You have been badly served and badly advised throughout your tenure by incompetent executives and managers. But Ron Gourlay and Steve Bruce have set the bar very low, a new standard in clueless operating that will see us next season in League One and your investment diminishing rapidly if you do nothing.

PLEASE act now. Sack Gourlay and Bruce TODAY and help to stop the rot.

There are enough good players in our squad to see us turn this around, but it needs fresh thinking and a younger football brain guiding them to success. If you want proof of how good our players can be you only have to look at how they tend to flourish when they leave us for another club.

YOU can turn this around for us all. PLEASE do so.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8308 on: October 02, 2022, 10:49:13 AM »
Dear Guochuan Lai

I do hope someone visits this forum on your behalf, because we supporters truly love our historic football club. I am sure you are generally a savvy businessman and you are smarting and worried about your investment turning sour. So in a way we have a common ground, albeit for different reasons. We want your investment to be a positive one as much as you do.

You have been badly served and badly advised throughout your tenure by incompetent executives and managers. But Ron Gourlay and Steve Bruce have set the bar very low, a new standard in clueless operating that will see us next season in League One and your investment diminishing rapidly if you do nothing.

PLEASE act now. Sack Gourlay and Bruce TODAY and help to stop the rot.

There are enough good players in our squad to see us turn this around, but it needs fresh thinking and a younger football brain guiding them to success. If you want proof of how good our players can be you only have to look at how they tend to flourish when they leave us for another club.

YOU can turn this around for us all. PLEASE do so.

Nice idea but who is he going to replace them with? [rhetorical question]

Gourlay is hardly surrounded by folk with football 'know how', in fact it is just him and Bruce

RG could redeem himself by growing a pair and doing the right thing, that would go down well.

To be honest I think the programme sellers have more knowledge of the game than the club at the moment.
MAGA!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8309 on: October 02, 2022, 11:01:37 AM »
To be honest I think the programme sellers have more knowledge of the game than the club at the moment.

Reckon you're right.  :o
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8310 on: October 02, 2022, 12:24:45 PM »
Nice idea but who is he going to replace them with? [rhetorical question]

Gourlay is hardly surrounded by folk with football 'know how', in fact it is just him and Bruce

RG could redeem himself by growing a pair and doing the right thing, that would go down well.

The point being Gourlay chose Bruce to provide the wealth of football experience he himself lacks along with no one else at time of posting,  despite having been institu for some time now, while smugly telling all and sundry he's been in the game long enough to know what he's doing and how to go about it.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8311 on: October 03, 2022, 09:43:02 AM »
the club is spiraling out of control, it doesn't get anymore of my money for the foreseeable, i spent more in the club shop than anyone i know, i have enough clothes to last me for years. i am gutted i don't get an urge to travel to games anymore
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8312 on: October 05, 2022, 08:59:05 PM »
Lai sat somewhere in China engaging in classic investor self-deception "It's not a loss unless i actually sell"
« Last Edit: October 05, 2022, 09:01:57 PM by gazberg »

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8313 on: October 05, 2022, 09:05:38 PM »
Wonder how long until Lai has to sell? League one?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8314 on: October 05, 2022, 09:08:13 PM »
Wonder how long until Lai has to sell? League one?

I don't think he has the foggiest himself.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #8315 on: October 05, 2022, 10:08:57 PM »
Laughing at all of the money he is going to lose.
Boing Boing

mr multivac

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8316 on: October 05, 2022, 10:09:55 PM »
How’s this bloke a successful businessman as far as I can see all he’s doing is a good impression of both leads in dumber and dumber

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8317 on: October 05, 2022, 10:27:01 PM »
Everything that is going wrong with this club starts with this parasite. I'd genuinely rather be watching the club I love in non-league free of this cancer than where we are now with him in charge. It's high time that we all stand up to this thief.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8318 on: October 05, 2022, 10:35:01 PM »
Yes, he's an absolute stain on our club. His tenure has been a horrible time on the whole. What a nightmare

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8319 on: October 05, 2022, 10:36:00 PM »
Interesting listening to HRK after tonight’s match
He lays the blame firmly at the owner, it sounds like he really wanted to say more regarding this but the normal sky commentators and hosts are just focused on old potato head

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8320 on: October 06, 2022, 12:28:18 AM »
Interesting listening to HRK after tonight’s match
He lays the blame firmly at the owner, it sounds like he really wanted to say more regarding this but the normal sky commentators and hosts are just focused on old potato head

HRK is quite articulate and unlike most players may be suited to a more board room style job than the usual coaching.
O Albion we love you

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8321 on: October 06, 2022, 01:17:20 AM »
The point being Gourlay chose Bruce to provide the wealth of football experience he himself lacks along with no one else at time of posting,  despite having been institu for some time now, while smugly telling all and sundry he's been in the game long enough to know what he's doing and how to go about it.

But was it really for his wealth of football experience or, Bruce having been the blose and vile manager, was it because he wanted his knowledge of local restaurants.

Gourlay (first interview question):  you look like you know your food Steve?

(Steve, not partial to anything little normally, is a little offended and thinks you can talk and bites his tongue (no he wasn't trying to eat it) and imagines a big bag of cash which has payoff number 12 written on it).

Gourlay: Do you know of this mythical local  restaurant where Tom Watson ate his 2 curries in one evening Steve?"

Bruce: McDonald's.

Gourlay: I don't think so Steve.

Bruce: KFC.

Gourlay: No.

Bruce: Greggs, Burger King, Pret.

Gourlay: No, No and No. I'm not sure you're right for this (sausage) role.

Bruce: Can I phone a friend.

Gourlay: Yes, but hurry up I'm starving.

Bruce: Hello, Al it's dada have you been breast fed son?

Alex: No, Dada you're not here to let me do it.

Bruce: Sorry son I forgot. Anyway Mr Gourlay's hungry so I have to hurry. Which restaurant did Tom Watson eat 2 curries whilst plotting with Gordon Brown?

Alex: Wait there dada I'll ask Mummy...she doesn't know dada.

Bruce: don't worry about it Al.  Don't forget to keep throwing those balls around in the garden son like you do in the pre match warm ups and you'll have a job for life.

Bruce: Can I ask Aggers and Clemo?

Gourlay: Yes, but hurry greggs is closing soon.

Bruce: Aggers do you know.......?

Aggers: Boss I know what you tell me I know boss. Do I know boss?

Bruce: Clemo, do you know....?

Clemo: Is it the Belfry boss?

Ghoulish: No, no, not that Tom Watson. OK, OK. Enough is enough (something Ron never usually says). I'll give you all 18 months to find out.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2022, 02:31:55 AM by BalisPen »

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8322 on: October 06, 2022, 03:48:12 AM »
if he had any clue of what he was doing he would have fired Ron and Bruce by now.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8323 on: October 06, 2022, 07:05:38 AM »
Wakey wakey China.

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8324 on: October 06, 2022, 07:29:00 AM »
The good times will never return until this imposter of an owner/ controlling shareholder/ whatever he is has gone. And the depressing thing is the further we sink, the lesser chance that’s going to happen.

The ironic thing is if this type of incompetence would ever happen to a Chinese business, the authorities would of probably seized it.

The only person who could undo this would be JP buying us back but next to zero chance of it ever happening.

Frank Burrows Appreciation Society