Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369583 times)

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #7875 on: April 18, 2022, 10:00:26 PM »
His ownership is the source of our demise . Managers and players are the symptom

I agree. Until he is gone we are done for.

ttree30

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7876 on: April 18, 2022, 10:04:15 PM »
His ownership is the source of our demise . Managers and players are the symptom

Yes 💯 agree.

Terrible decisions. Incompetent leadership. A club falling out of the sky without a parachute in sight (we’ve torn a hole in the one we had  from the Premier League).

We have just been humiliated by the “might” of Nottingham Forest. And I fear that may not be anywhere near the low point.

This tragedy has a long way to run.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7877 on: April 18, 2022, 10:09:23 PM »
Yes 💯 agree.

Terrible decisions. Incompetent leadership. A club falling out of the sky without a parachute in sight (we’ve torn a hole in the one we had  from the Premier League).

We have just been humiliated by the “might” of Nottingham Forest. And I fear that may not be anywhere near the low point.

This tragedy has a long way to run.
I agree this is just the start, it won’t get any better until lai is gone and it will take league 1 wilderness for him to realise he needs to get rid and take a massive loss.
I’ve said it so many times - Bartley furlong are a joke and summarise everything that is wrong with that squad.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7878 on: April 18, 2022, 10:11:58 PM »
Just incompetent. No more to be said or explained.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7879 on: April 18, 2022, 10:14:13 PM »
Albion fans have to play a dirty, ugly game if we want him gone. He’s not going to walk away from a £200m investment 5 years ago lightly.

It needs to be banners, chants, walkouts, boycotts and a bit of devilment. Not pretty but absolutely necessary.

We’re sleepwalking into an awful mess. The way out of this situation is through consistent, shrewd, intelligent decision making at every level. Please, point me in the direction of any of that in the last 5 years.

Lai out.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7880 on: April 18, 2022, 10:26:07 PM »
Albion fans have to play a dirty, ugly game if we want him gone. He’s not going to walk away from a £200m investment 5 years ago lightly.

It needs to be banners, chants, walkouts, boycotts and a bit of devilment. Not pretty but absolutely necessary.

We’re sleepwalking into an awful mess. The way out of this situation is through consistent, shrewd, intelligent decision making at every level. Please, point me in the direction of any of that in the last 5 years.

Lai out.
Blackburn couldn't shift the Venkys and that was a £23 million purchase, no chance will you shift an investment 10 times that.

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7881 on: April 18, 2022, 10:33:19 PM »
Blackburn couldn't shift the Venkys and that was a £23 million purchase, no chance will you shift an investment 10 times that.
we should try though surely?
We are a reasonable bunch. A bit too reasonable most of the time for my liking.
Something needs doing to highlight the anger rather than apathy

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7882 on: April 18, 2022, 11:30:29 PM »
If you can stand it...we should bot attend another game until he is gone. Poisonous and patronising. Free pint to all supporters, my a3$e.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7883 on: April 19, 2022, 07:53:58 AM »

The Chinese generally do not like to lose face. It is not in their way of thinking and lifestyle.
Perhaps if it keeps happening with banners and other, he will want to get away asap.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7884 on: April 19, 2022, 08:46:21 AM »
The end of season theme should be white flags. Then all fans walk out so the ground is empty. It's the only way to get his attention.  Sooner he sells up the better. We have had a steady decline since JP left. I can honestly see us going down to League One before we ever see the Premier League again.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7885 on: April 19, 2022, 08:51:27 AM »
Think we have to accept that he's not going anywhere, but he needs to get better people around him.

Lai has to question Ron Goulay's judgement from the Steve  Bruce appointment, & in my opinion. both should be moved on.

Personally, I would welcome Mark Jenkins back with open arms.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7886 on: April 19, 2022, 08:56:30 AM »

The Chinese generally do not like to lose face. It is not in their way of thinking and lifestyle.
Perhaps if it keeps happening with banners and other, he will want to get away asap.

Exactly, he we protest in a derogatory, insulting way he will just hang on willing to let the club slide into the gutter.  He won't want to lose face by giving in to insults.  It all depends on the financial calculations of him and his board  thousands of miles away from any demos..
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7887 on: April 19, 2022, 09:08:07 AM »
Every big call that he has made at this football club has been the wrong one.

That is an incredible strike rate.

His businesses must be an absolute ****show.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7888 on: April 19, 2022, 09:11:04 AM »
Think we have to accept that he's not going anywhere, but he needs to get better people around him.

Lai has to question Ron Goulay's judgement from the Steve  Bruce appointment, & in my opinion. both should be moved on.

Personally, I would welcome Mark Jenkins back with open arms.

Me too, but even he could see where we we were/are going
MAGA!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7889 on: April 19, 2022, 09:29:52 AM »
Mark Jenkins face and posture when we won promotion stood out to me at the time. He knew.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7890 on: April 19, 2022, 09:36:36 AM »
Every big call that he has made at this football club has been the wrong one.

That is an incredible strike rate.

His businesses must be an absolute ****show.

Is his business 'global' or part of the state run Chinese market? This may explain why he seems to be the worst businessman the World of football has seen.

Everything about Lai's ownership is an absolute shower and I think it's time the fans were very vocal about it.

We've focused on managers, players (rightfully) but the real source of our problems are the awful ownership.

tlms-p23

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7891 on: April 19, 2022, 10:03:16 AM »
Is his business 'global' or part of the state run Chinese market? This may explain why he seems to be the worst businessman the World of football has seen.

Everything about Lai's ownership is an absolute shower and I think it's time the fans were very vocal about it.

We've focused on managers, players (rightfully) but the real source of our problems are the awful ownership.

Couldn't agree more on being vocal. It's time. It's remarkable how little he has been on the receiving end of. If there were fans in the stands in Nov 20-Feb 21, I think he'd have been copping for it.

The likes of Pulis, Pardew, Dowling, Allardyce, Ken, Livermore, Ismael, Bruce, Mowatt, Robinson - whoever the target has been up until now - have been (with one or two exceptions) brought into the club based on their availability.

The clubs transfer policy reflects this - available on the cheap is the principal criteria. Furlong, Townsend, Mowatt, Reach, etc.

If you employ goons who can't do their jobs adequately, things decline. And the fault rests with their employer. Lai.

You can point to so many areas of the club. The academy? I'm absolutely gutted about it. Pereira? Zohore? Swathes of empty seats at home?

He needs to know that he is responsible for this malaise. I don't know that he does think that. Sacked Pulis, Pardew, Moore, Bilic, Ismael and Bruce (soon, no doubt). Dowling and Ken got the shove. And Gourlay will go at some point. I'd imagine he thinks it's their fault.

In part, he's right. But if he believes the ultimate responsibility lies with anyone but himself then he's wrong he needs a loud, public, RUDE awakening.

The longer fans are apathetic, the more he gets away with it, the deeper we decline. Do we need to wait to get beat at home to Forest Green Rovers or Morecambe in League One to generate enough anger to hold him to account?
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 10:09:25 AM by tlms-p23 »

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7892 on: April 19, 2022, 10:17:10 AM »
I think you have a point about the pandemic, tlms-p23. It's given Lai a stay of execution.

Time we made ourselves very much more vocal.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7893 on: April 19, 2022, 10:33:43 AM »
I still don't think Lai has done a lot wrong.  Decisions haven't worked out, but even with hindsight I look at most decisions he has made and can see why they were made at the time.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7894 on: April 19, 2022, 10:35:20 AM »
I still don't think Lai has done a lot wrong.  Decisions haven't worked out, but even with hindsight I look at most decisions he has made and can see why they were made at the time.

One or two decisions 'don't work out' - a host, a trend of bad decisions leads you back to the person making the decisions (or being absent in Lai's case). Lai needs to go asap

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #7895 on: April 19, 2022, 11:13:54 AM »

- The spending of all our financial reserves
- The timing of the decision to sack Pulis
- The appointment of Giuliano Terraneo
- The sacking of Terraneo
- The appointment of Alan Pardew
- The sacking of Alan Pardew
- The sacking of Darren Moore
- The appointment of Luke Dowling
- The appointment of James Shan
- The appointment of Slaven Bilic
- The sacking of Slaven Bilic
- The appointment of Sam Allardyce
- Not continuing with Sam Allardyce
- The sacking of Luke Dowling
- The appointment of Ken
- The sacking of Ken
- The appointment of Ismael
- The sacking of Ismael
- The appointment of Ron Gourlay
- The appointment of Steven Bruce

Those are the biggest calls in his tenure so far.

How many of those has he got right? The sacking of Dowling/Terraneo/Ken? Its an appalling strike rate.

Bad decision after bad decision with a sacking to follow them up.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 11:25:26 AM by LiamTheBaggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7896 on: April 19, 2022, 11:22:10 AM »
Majority of his decisions have been wrong from keeping Ebenezer on as consultant who advised him on bringing in that useless director of football who’s name eludes me think he was a keeper who went on an Ill advised spending spree.  Not sacking Pulis when it wasn’t working  To appointing Pardew and then not getting rid quickly enough to give big Dave a chance of keeping us up. Buying player’s who were clearly not good enough and then giving them long contracts I could go on.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7897 on: April 19, 2022, 11:37:45 AM »
We all want Lai out by the look of it. : >:( Now just look at Newcastle fans with their battle to remove Mick Ashley how long did they have to wait?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7898 on: April 19, 2022, 11:44:50 AM »
If we do not start action now whilst we are still in the Championship then we will end up asking the same questions when we are mid-table in League 1. And asking them again when we go into administration in 5 years time. That is the future we face.
Bad men succeed when good men do nothing. If we sit on our hands now we are screwed.

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7899 on: April 19, 2022, 12:24:01 PM »
If we do not start action now whilst we are still in the Championship then we will end up asking the same questions when we are mid-table in League 1. And asking them again when we go into administration in 5 years time. That is the future we face.
Bad men succeed when good men do nothing. If we sit on our hands now we are screwed.

This. No matter what Lai is going to take a huge loss, over 150m loss. Even if we got promoted nobody would offer more than 75m for us, there are zero playing assets.

Someone should be seriously explaining to him that this is only going to get a lot worse and now just might be the time to cut your huge losses and run. Otherwise he’s going to get pelters and why would he want that? Admit you got utterly done over by Pearce and move on.