Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369489 times)

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #7675 on: December 27, 2021, 08:11:43 PM »
Dear Mr Lai. This is what happens when you try to succeed on the cheap. We've seen poor decision after poor decision. Your cunning plan to sit back and do nothing in the hope we get promoted is going to bite you in the backside. A sensible amount of investment over the summer would have gone a long way to giving the team a great chance.

Investment 12 months earlier would have been better still
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7676 on: December 27, 2021, 10:24:13 PM »
Who is this invisible person?

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7677 on: December 30, 2021, 11:51:17 AM »
Huge month ahead for Mr Lai. If we commit some funs to secure a forward or 2 and maybe a creative midfielder it may be the turning point needed to get automatic promotion. Failure to be promoted may well lead to a very long, and downward spiral for both Mr Lai and the club. Next season would be tough as im sure Norwich will be strong (If relegated) as will any other 2 teams. I fear this is 'Sh*t or Bust' for the club. I will look on with great interest over the next 4 weeks.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7678 on: December 30, 2021, 11:58:58 AM »
If only the £4m (?) that is owed to the club were repaid by the debtor, whoever he, she or it is, that would be very helpful in this transfer window
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7679 on: January 03, 2022, 10:49:06 AM »
Chinese real estate giant Evergrande have suspended trading their shares. It probably has no knock on effect to Lai, but it's worth nothing they are the biggest Guangzhou based real estate company and Lai has made his money in real estate - in Guangzhou.

Depends if the companies relied on each other in anyway, but will be interesting to see if this has any impact.
Boing Boing

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7680 on: January 19, 2022, 05:22:52 PM »
Hearing that the £4m owed by Lai will be repaid in February 2022
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7681 on: January 19, 2022, 05:25:11 PM »

Interesting. Is that off someone you know or is there a link please?

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7682 on: January 19, 2022, 05:59:13 PM »
Interesting. Is that off someone you know or is there a link please?

No links, but it’s kosher and will, no doubt, be reported by local jurno’s soon
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7683 on: January 19, 2022, 10:41:07 PM »
No links, but it’s kosher and will, no doubt, be reported by local jurno’s soon

Ok thanks for the update. I'd prefer it if he paid it now so we could go for a new CM but hey ho!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7684 on: January 19, 2022, 11:15:15 PM »

Ok thanks for the update. I'd prefer it if he paid it now so we could go for a new CM but hey ho!

If it's guaranteed income there's nothing stopping us spending it now, but perhaps it's already been spent on Daryl Dike.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7685 on: January 19, 2022, 11:24:33 PM »
If it's guaranteed income there's nothing stopping us spending it now, but perhaps it's already been spent on Daryl Dike.

If you are right then things must be much worse than imagined!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7686 on: January 20, 2022, 12:03:11 AM »

£4M? What are the fortune cookies telling you about the bloody interest payments  ;) ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7687 on: January 20, 2022, 12:55:34 AM »

Probably using the £4m installment on Pereira

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7688 on: January 20, 2022, 11:17:20 AM »
Thought the £4 million had increased to over £5 million with interest as every penny counts ;D

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7689 on: January 22, 2022, 09:25:00 PM »

“Ken promises £5million loan will be repaid to West Brom in February”

https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2022/01/22/ken-promises-5million-loan-will-be-repaid-to-west-brom-in-february/

赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7690 on: January 22, 2022, 11:55:20 PM »
Probably using the £4m installment on Pereira

He can't do that in any legal sense. Obviously
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7691 on: January 23, 2022, 06:46:30 AM »

To late to use in the January window maybe…….unless it’s guaranteed to be repaid

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7692 on: January 27, 2022, 12:46:40 AM »
I know a few people on here have stated at various times they have knowledge of the way Chinese business operates culturally.

If (and I'm not wishing it on us) things went even further downhill and we went into league 1 etc in the next year or 2 and then his investment in us became next to worthless would they normally give up and get out or just hold till their investment is totally worthless?

Frankly I'm struggling to see any positive future for our club while Lai is here.

I'm not advocating or hoping for relegation let me be clear but I'm just exasperated with this guy.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7693 on: January 27, 2022, 10:23:08 AM »
I think we're heading towards a Venkys situation -  owner(s) who won't cut their losses and hang on too long until things get really toxic and they just have to run. The day Lai took over things began to fall apart and won't improve until he and his dis-interested backers leave.

The best thing Lai and Ken can do is to install some serious football experience quickly at board level and start again by building an actual football structure - and leave them/ us to it.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7694 on: January 27, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »
I've heard that we have no financial plan whatsoever and that the details of any "financial plan" are so vague and just reliant on us winning. What a state we are in.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7695 on: January 27, 2022, 10:33:48 AM »
I think we're heading towards a Venkys situation -  owner(s) who won't cut their losses and hang on too long until things get really toxic and they just have to run. The day Lai took over things began to fall apart and won't improve until he and his dis-interested backers leave.

The best thing Lai and Ken can do is to install some serious football experience quickly at board level and start again by building an actual football structure - and leave them/ us to it.

Spot on.  There is no rudder.  Paul Scharner wants that job! 

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7696 on: January 27, 2022, 10:34:03 AM »

Venky's still own Blackburn though, they are now rebuilding and as we can see emplying the right people and are on the up.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7697 on: January 27, 2022, 10:38:34 AM »
In fairness to Lai and the board...They pulled the trigger on Bilic at the right time, made right appointment in Big Sam and took a risk on Val but one I endorsed at the time and as it seems have now pulled the trigger at the right time really (they had to give him time) so in terms of management they've been ruthless and correct.

To oppose that they probably should've gone for Wilder not Val but at the time it didn't seem like suicide.

I don't have a lot of faith in the board BUT they have proved me wrong a few times, here's to hoping they can again...

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7698 on: January 27, 2022, 12:24:31 PM »
Getting in explayer’s sounds great but in reality doesn’t really work out Big Dave case in point, new our youngsters inside out but instead of blooding them opted for the old age pensioners route. Anyone know what Paul has done since he’s hung up his boots.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #7699 on: January 27, 2022, 12:49:23 PM »
I don't expect Guochuan (family name first in most Asian countries) to do anything radical at the moment.  Everybody who has any sort of profile is keeping their head down as the spotlight must only fall on Chairman Xi .  As with the tennis player Peng Shui any sort of dissent is being punished by incarceration in Residential Surveillance at Designated Locations (RDSL) or black jails.  The includes one of the world's richest men Jack Ma who has disappeared after some technical criticism of the leadership's business policy.  Torture and isolation goes on at RDSL places.

Guochuan  won't want to step outside the current currency restrictions.  I don't think he'll want to do anything to draw attention to himself.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes