Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369557 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #7050 on: April 21, 2021, 10:51:50 AM »
Seriously doubt we'd be looking at £50mill for those three in a post Covid pre ESL world if we go down. Two of them only have twelve months on their contracts and to the best of my knowledge Pereira still hasn't signed the improved deal that would have pushed his wages up and increased his value.
football is in its own bubble, teams desperate to improve their first team usually pay top dollar. Look at our transfer history for examples, Johnstone is around the English National team and has been praised for his performances by national media and pundits this season. He will probably be sold for just less than £20 million, read article that club value him at £17 million. Bartley has also improved as season has gone on and suitors have been reported to be sniffing around, club could possibly get £10 million for him. Now for our grown jewel Pereira, how rare is it for a club like ours to have a talent like this on the books. A player that is a  game changer when played as number 10 floating around that area. Albion can realistically name their price with the current contract he's signed, put a figure of £30million for him but it could be double that.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7051 on: April 21, 2021, 10:56:48 AM »
Johnstone is in his last year of contract, so any profit we make on what we paid for him is a good return.

Not sure how you think Bartley in his final year of contract is worth £10m.

And again, if Pereira doesn't sign an improved contract then I don't think we'll see more than £15m for him
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7052 on: April 21, 2021, 11:04:55 AM »
Every time I see a new post in this thread I open it in the vain hope that he has 'done one'........
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7053 on: April 21, 2021, 11:16:13 AM »
football is in its own bubble, teams desperate to improve their first team usually pay top dollar. Look at our transfer history for examples, Johnstone is around the English National team and has been praised for his performances by national media and pundits this season. He will probably be sold for just less than £20 million, read article that club value him at £17 million. Bartley has also improved as season has gone on and suitors have been reported to be sniffing around, club could possibly get £10 million for him. Now for our grown jewel Pereira, how rare is it for a club like ours to have a talent like this on the books. A player that is a  game changer when played as number 10 floating around that area. Albion can realistically name their price with the current contract he's signed, put a figure of £30million for him but it could be double that.

Some seriously wet finger waving in the air speculative valuations there Paulo. Kudos, it's not every day you see Kyle Bartley linked with a £10,000,000 move to Pixyville Ramblers  ;D  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7054 on: April 21, 2021, 11:18:01 AM »
Every time I see a new post in this thread I open it in the vain hope that he has 'done one'........

Gotcha. Sorry to disappoint you.......  ;D .

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7055 on: April 21, 2021, 11:33:06 AM »
Some seriously wet finger waving in the air speculative valuations there Paulo. Kudos, it's not every day you see Kyle Bartley linked with a £10,000,000 move to Pixyville Ramblers  ;D  ;) .
got to admit he's one of our better performers this season and with protection from Okay looks like the defender we saw at Leeds.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7056 on: April 21, 2021, 11:46:24 AM »
got to admit he's one of our better performers this season and with protection from Okay looks like the defender we saw at Leeds.

He has been much improved but i think 10m is pushing it a bit mate.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7057 on: April 22, 2021, 10:35:02 PM »
Tell the bloke in China to have a word with Leicester owner's, now that's the way to run a football club.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7058 on: April 22, 2021, 10:41:46 PM »
Who?
A none existent name.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7059 on: April 23, 2021, 12:06:09 PM »
1 x runners up promotion ( just )
1 x fell at play off semi hurdle
2 x relegation ( almost )
Plenty of fees / wages on players we'll never see again.
Not very impressive is it ?

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

WBA.R.K

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7060 on: April 23, 2021, 12:15:49 PM »
I'd be surprised to see him involved with a football club again after us, think he has learned his lesson.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7061 on: April 23, 2021, 12:18:24 PM »
I'd be surprised to see him involved with a football club again after us, think he has learned his lesson.

and hopefully so have we.....
MAGA!

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7062 on: April 23, 2021, 12:19:34 PM »
A baffling decision from his point of view. Clearly he knew nothing about football, but there was not much money to be made buying a premier league club who had been doing near enough as well as they're realistically going to do without significant investment. We were always going to be in danger of relegation. The time to have bought us would have been after relegation, not when he did for an extortionate price.

Hopefully we can get out of this situation without too much damage, its always going to be potentially concerns to get new owners but you get the distinct feeling with whats happening in China's with regards to foreign ownerships, Lai's disinterest, and the lack of any direction the situation could spiral out of control quickly.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7063 on: April 23, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
Jeremy Roland Peace saw Mr. Lai and Co. coming a mile off. I bet they wish they'd had their eyes open too now.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #7064 on: April 23, 2021, 12:40:18 PM »
Lai and his investors were dumped in the brown stuff from a great height by the CPC shortly after completing the purchase.

What should have brought him vast wealth and reputation in his homeland is now an albatross around his and Albion's neck. Figuratively speaking  :D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7065 on: April 23, 2021, 01:33:24 PM »
If it wasn't our club and us that's going to suffer it would be laughable the amount Lai and co paid for this club .

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7066 on: April 23, 2021, 07:47:41 PM »
What's £200 million among friends Ebenezer told Lai.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7067 on: May 09, 2021, 09:54:41 PM »
If owner is still here next season id anticipate that he will want to keep on books majority or all of Pereira and Johnstone transfer fee. So if Dowling is looking for summer spending spree think he's going to be disappointed.
Club might look a good prospect with £40 or £50 million in bank, might get somewhere near his valuation of club Luke is going to be under pressure to succeed with little or no fund's.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7068 on: May 09, 2021, 10:25:34 PM »
A traitor with Dowling, to the Albion supporters.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #7069 on: May 10, 2021, 10:04:33 PM »
I fail to see how he is not here next season, his business interests are not going to be able to tolerate a £100m loss off the balance sheet, are they?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7070 on: May 10, 2021, 10:13:10 PM »
Re finances, we are okay next season. On relegation the wage bill gets halved again so that helps to offset the loss of tv revenue. But obviously important we bounce back ASAP.

WBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #7071 on: May 13, 2021, 01:39:17 AM »
It's really difficult to know the truth regarding Mr Lai - is he the actual owner or just a front man as the original Yunyi video seemed to infer?  I think - just a personal view - it's the latter.  There may also have been some govt finance involved in terms of the academy model. 

I think the acquisition was credible and honorable but a combination of a falling out of love with the game in china, tensions with the west, chinese govt restrictions, Pulis losing the plot...Pardew never having it...shocking decisions by Williams and co...some misfortune (play-offs v the seals) covid....and a consequential lack of funding for 2020/21 ( and not strengthening key areas) all contributed to where we are.

But fear not, we will be promoted next season and have another crack at staying up.  Keep the faith! 

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #7072 on: May 13, 2021, 06:54:53 AM »
The "Nobody" man.
What has he done for us?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7073 on: May 24, 2021, 08:23:49 AM »
If anyone is in doubt as to where we're heading, these are QPR results, published by swiss ramble today.

read more here  https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1396718646072860672
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7074 on: May 24, 2021, 08:43:02 AM »
If anyone is in doubt as to where we're heading, these are QPR results, published by swiss ramble today.

read more here  https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1396718646072860672

Sadly John I am in no doubt as to where we are heading.......
MAGA!