Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369601 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #6525 on: November 03, 2020, 04:32:13 PM »
The cousin of Man City UAE Sheik Mansour is in the process of buying Derby - surely we would be the better option!

We’re landlocked around several football clubs on a par or better than us. When you take the WBA specs off we’re not attractive.

I’ve always wondered why a Bristol club or Exeter aren’t snapped up given the catchment area and lack of any alternatives around the area.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6526 on: November 03, 2020, 04:37:58 PM »
Maybe he can't find out any more, and mentions it because then somebody with more connections can look into it?

He might not have a lot, but it doesnt appear that he really says anything about why he has those suspicions at all. So its nothing more than malicious rumour on the evidence (or lack of) which is irresponsible when some people will listen to the podcast / read the stories and believe it.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6527 on: November 03, 2020, 04:38:09 PM »
We’re landlocked around several football clubs on a par or better than us. When you take the WBA specs off we’re not attractive.

I’ve always wondered why a Bristol club or Exeter aren’t snapped up given the catchment area and lack of any alternatives around the area.

Not to mention the figures involved.

£30m for the Dingles, plus £100m on good recruitment to get in the Premier

or

£175m for a club that are in the Premier League, but need £100m investment to stay there?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6528 on: November 03, 2020, 05:10:12 PM »
It has been reported before. Something highlighted in the linked article itself which is supposed to be an update of the original, although it doesn't appear to provide one. I haven't listened to the podcast though as CL and AGs voices grate on me after a while. Well a couple of seconds to be honest. I've read the name Yasha Ge before too. As for Orbis there's also a far eastern accounting, business and legal consultancy solutions company........

https://orbis-alliance.com/our-teams/china

....... I've no idea whether they've got anything to do with the current price of eggs, Lai, Ge or West Bromwich Albion in particular though.

Well, if ownership or control has changed without the Premier League first approving it then if would be a major breach.   Seems unlikely.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6529 on: November 03, 2020, 05:48:00 PM »

Bristol City is owned by Stephen Landsdown, who is a billionaire
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #6530 on: November 03, 2020, 06:27:47 PM »
Bristol City is owned by Stephen Landsdown, who is a billionaire

They are still chokers...and they always will be.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6531 on: November 03, 2020, 07:08:28 PM »
Guochuan Lai may have already handed West Brom ownership to someone else

Source: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/11/03/guochuan-lai-may-have-already-handed-west-brom-ownership-to-someone-else-chris-lepkowski/

I wonder if this is connected in any way with the post I made earlier about an attempt to raise a large sum of money against the football club last year which was stopped internally.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6532 on: November 03, 2020, 10:06:14 PM »
Guochuan Lai may have already handed West Brom ownership to someone else

Source: https://www.westbromnews.co.uk/2020/11/03/guochuan-lai-may-have-already-handed-west-brom-ownership-to-someone-else-chris-lepkowski/

I wonder if this is connected in any way with the post I made earlier about an attempt to raise a large sum of money against the football club last year which was stopped internally.

That's the same link which was posted on the previous page to this one which we've been commenting on  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6533 on: November 04, 2020, 09:25:58 AM »
That's the same link which was posted on the previous page to this one which we've been commenting on  ;) .

Oops!! Sorry, I hadn't seen that. Thank you for letting me know Dan.

I'll look at little closer to previous posts next time I think I have a scoop  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6534 on: November 04, 2020, 10:00:18 AM »
Well, if ownership or control has changed without the Premier League first approving it then if would be a major breach.   Seems unlikely.
I thought we were actually owned by one of Lai’s companies so could say a change of management structure within the company be a way to circumvent that ?
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6535 on: November 04, 2020, 10:01:54 AM »
I thought we were actually owned by one of Lai’s companies so could say a change of management structure within the company be a way to circumvent that ?

That's what I believed. WBA Holding Company owns the football club, and a company, of which Lai was majority shareholder, bought the controlling share in the Holding Company
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6536 on: November 04, 2020, 01:14:42 PM »
That's what I believed. WBA Holding Company owns the football club, and a company, of which Lai was majority shareholder, bought the controlling share in the Holding Company

Yes but any material changes of ultimate beneficial ownership have to be sanctioned by the FA Premier League.  Otherwise anybody could become an owner by simply buying the shares of a holding company several layers up.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6537 on: December 20, 2020, 09:11:36 PM »
Can anyone tell me how we can start to let the Chinese know its time to go. Its clear they are looking to sell but with no fans in the ground they are getting away with this as far I am concerned. I am not one for protesting ect but this simply is not good enough. I would like to see local media start to ask more questions about their plans

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6538 on: December 20, 2020, 09:27:24 PM »
Can anyone tell me how we can start to let the Chinese know its time to go. Its clear they are looking to sell but with no fans in the ground they are getting away with this as far I am concerned. I am not one for protesting ect but this simply is not good enough. I would like to see local media start to ask more questions about their plans

They've got a website. Not that they'll pay a blind bit of notice.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6539 on: December 21, 2020, 12:01:47 AM »

The more people that make their feelings known the better, on all forums available. There’s no need to keep it polite, it needs to be nasty and personal towards the owners, then they might just start to get the message. On this forum, though, we must be nice to Mr Lai and his friends.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:37:48 AM by OldburyWBA »

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6540 on: December 21, 2020, 12:09:19 AM »
Thing is guys he wants out himself. Lai just can't work out which of his 3 options to take

1) a guaranteed loss now of 30-40m but he's out.
2) risk relegation and face an even bigger loss
3) Sam pulls off a miracle and he can probably get most of his money back next summer. FOr this to be possible he needs to take a slight risk now though and take out a low interest loan that most clubs were rumoured to be using in the summer
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:17:00 AM by gazberg »

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6541 on: December 21, 2020, 12:15:09 AM »
The more people that make their feelings known the better, on all forums available. There’s no need to keep it polite, it needs to be nasty and personal towards the owners, then they might just start to get the message. On this forum, though, we must be nice to Mr Lai and his friends.

If you want to make it nasty and personal then you’re more than welcome to join Facebook.

You’re more than welcome to criticise the owners providing you do so within the rules.

If you keep breaking the rules, you’ll go.

Pretty simple really.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2020, 12:38:00 AM by OldburyWBA »

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6542 on: December 21, 2020, 12:24:43 AM »
If you want to make it nasty and personal then you’re more than welcome to join Facebook.

You’re more than welcome to criticise the owners providing you do so within the rules.

If you keep breaking the rules, you’ll go.

Pretty simple really.

Generally speaking, being courteous to people is to be recommended. However, Mr Lai and his cronies are ruining our Club, the Club we have all supported for very many years, ruining it and dragging its reputation into the gutter. He shows complete contempt towards us and you think that we should be nice to him? Please, Mr Lai, we would so much appreciate it you would be nice to us?

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #6543 on: December 21, 2020, 12:31:33 AM »
Generally speaking, being courteous to people is to be recommended. However, Mr Lai and his cronies are ruining our Club, the Club we have all supported for very many years, ruining it and dragging its reputation into the gutter. He shows complete contempt towards us and you think that we should be nice to him? Please, Mr Lai, we would so much appreciate it you would be nice to us?

I’ve said nothing about being nice.

I’m just telling you and others to post within the forum rules.

You can criticise the owners to your hearts content providing its within the rules.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6544 on: December 21, 2020, 12:42:54 AM »
It’s a good job that I don’t live in China, then, they have ‘rules’, they’re known as censorship and curtailment of free speech. I just feel that there should be no rules when it comes to criticism of Lai. Hey ho, though, despite Covid19 its Christmas, goodwill towards everyone, and I do actually mean it Liam, to you as well. Everyone except Lai, that is!

Happy Christmas to all my fellow posters on here, let’s hope that we’ll all be amongst one another again in the pub before a match sometime in 2021.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #6545 on: December 21, 2020, 12:51:47 AM »
It’s a good job that I don’t live in China, then, they have ‘rules’, they’re known as censorship and curtailment of free speech. I just feel that there should be no rules when it comes to criticism of Lai. Hey ho, though, despite Covid19 its Christmas, goodwill towards everyone, and I do actually mean it Liam, to you as well. Everyone except Lai, that is!

Happy Christmas to all my fellow posters on here, let’s hope that we’ll all be amongst one another again in the pub before a match sometime in 2021.

Criticism is fine as long as its within our rules. They won't be changing.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #6546 on: December 29, 2020, 08:08:29 PM »
Everything comes back to this man and his passive ownership.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #6547 on: December 29, 2020, 10:15:57 PM »
i doubt he even watches now, he must really regret buying us. People keep blaming him when the real issue was JP.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6548 on: December 29, 2020, 10:22:15 PM »
People keep blaming him when the real issue was JP.
The real issue was Peace selling to Lai whilst at the same time claiming that he wanted someone who would take the club forward when, actually, it seems clear that he just wanted to get as high a price as he could and nothing else mattered.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #6549 on: December 30, 2020, 11:20:06 AM »
Ebenezer screwed this club from day one and like the Donald across the pond was only interested in number 1. Sold us to a skint Billionaire the so called boyhood Baggies fan