Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369737 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5525 on: August 10, 2018, 12:26:56 PM »
Hey bouncing,with respect I don't think you are correct in your assessment.
Our owner cannot just sell any part of the club and pocket any profit.
He will only make money by his shares dividend or paying himself a massive salary or selling the club and making a profit from the sale.
He can't just take money when he likes and how he likes,there are rules in business.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5526 on: August 10, 2018, 12:27:32 PM »
Sorry meant boinging

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5527 on: August 10, 2018, 12:33:37 PM »
Thinking about it a bit further,I suppose he could offer to buy the Hawthorns and rent it back to the club to get money and or training ground,but I stand corrected on that one.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5528 on: August 23, 2018, 01:23:07 AM »
Looks like the owner is happy for the club to be self sufficient and is unwilling or unable to finance any dealings with regards to loan market. Lai has to address the technical director position which should have been filled by a capable person by now. : :o

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5529 on: August 23, 2018, 02:59:11 AM »
Looks like the owner is happy for the club to be self sufficient and is unwilling or unable to finance any dealings with regards to loan market. Lai has to address the technical director position which should have been filled by a capable person by now. : :o
We have no idea of Lai's plans, and speculating about his happiness (or displeasure) in the total absence of facts is futile.
Using the DoF post as a stick with which to hit the owner imo is unfair. I would rather he allow Jenkins et al to deal with the issue, rather that a detached Chinese businessman. It was said, at the time of his appointment, that Mr Terraneo was a Chinese  inspired choice. Do you really want him to have another go?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:05:52 PM by Wigmore »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #5530 on: August 23, 2018, 07:15:22 AM »
it was reported this week that the DOF position will be filled after the loan window closes. it will coincide when that foreign chap whose name I've forgot leaves after being stood down from his duties.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #5531 on: August 23, 2018, 01:22:17 PM »

Is this a bad thing??
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5532 on: August 23, 2018, 04:40:21 PM »
Is this a bad thing??
I m concerned that we have no right back, no pace through the middle of park and we are short of another striker. Thought we'd be able to complete a few more loan signings a few injuries and we'd be stretched.  New technical director should be in place by now.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5533 on: August 23, 2018, 04:42:07 PM »
it was reported this week that the DOF position will be filled after the loan window closes. it will coincide when that foreign chap whose name I've forgot leaves after being stood down from his duties.
if this is true the lunatics have really taken over the asylum.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5534 on: August 23, 2018, 04:56:46 PM »
I m concerned that we have no right back, no pace through the middle of park and we are short of another striker. Thought we'd be able to complete a few more loan signings a few injuries and we'd be stretched.  New technical director should be in place by now.

I think we will get a right back in before next week as Moore wants one but I don't think you can have a pop at the board just because of your concerns. Maybe Moore thinks we are ok in those other positions you mentioned.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5535 on: August 23, 2018, 06:36:15 PM »
I think we will get a right back in before next week as Moore wants one but I don't think you can have a pop at the board just because of your concerns. Maybe Moore thinks we are ok in those other positions you mentioned.
Moore was quoted that he still wanted two or three new face's after Gayle was brought  in, so I can have a pop especially as there is no DoF in place.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5536 on: August 24, 2018, 09:48:38 PM »
No bloody DoF, no investment in first team owner is a joke watched the team live three times and there are issues all over the park. No right back, no pace in midfield but this bloke wants to do it on cheap

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5537 on: August 24, 2018, 11:20:44 PM »
He’s probably chomping on popcorn, while watching China Has Talent.  :D
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5538 on: August 28, 2018, 11:34:34 AM »
It's officially hes a tight backside.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5539 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:24 AM »
It's officially hes a tight backside.

He’s probably very rich but sadly it’s on paper.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5540 on: August 28, 2018, 11:38:47 AM »
I've never ever said this before and everyone can go through every one of my posts if they like but now I say it - naughty word him off.

Ever since he bought the club the club has gone one way, downwards and we've made excuse after excuse after excuse and blamed several people. At the end of the day he owns the club so he is ultimately responsible.

The Mears signing just takes the urine, no owner should be allowing this.

Please look for a buyer and naughty word off Lai.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5541 on: August 28, 2018, 12:24:23 PM »
Good business man though...made money despite being relegated.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5542 on: August 28, 2018, 12:28:26 PM »
Good business man though...made money despite being relegated.

How?

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5543 on: August 28, 2018, 12:55:25 PM »
How?

It was a little tongue in cheek but from what I can tell since the purchase he hasn’t invested anything. We made money in the transfer window on sales, got rid of some of our biggest earners and cut the wage bill and we receive parachute payments from the premier league.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #5544 on: August 28, 2018, 01:39:16 PM »
I don't really feel that the money is an issue. We are unlikely to get somebody who would be prepared to just put money into the club without expecting a return so whrn you take tgat into account, we have knocked back some big offers thisbsummer while spending in fees pretty much what we made in sales. We are probably operating at or around what we have made.

The real problem is how we use the money. £4 mil rising to £6 million on a championship only level defender in Bartley being one example.

If Lai knew how to move the club forward and develop us, and came in with some original ideas like Fosun have at the custard bowl or how the owners of clubs like Brentford, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton have then I wouldn't have much of an issue.

The problem is that he doesn't. He bought the club for unknown reasons and has allowed others to run it badly. The times he has interjected he has made decisions like bringing in Terraneo which from the outset looked bad to all but him.

He could learn from his mistakes and put the right people in place in the next few months but I won't believe it until I see the evidence.
Boing Boing

Maresca Was A Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5545 on: August 28, 2018, 01:58:07 PM »
People dont stay rich for long if they throw their money around. I dont think for one minute Lai thought we would get relegated, but doing so has left him im an awkward situation. Was he really ever going to put millions of pounds into the club?? He's in it for the profit. It's not a toy like Chelsea is to Abramovich- He can afford to waft money around. Lai isn't rich enough to do the same. Wierd when you consider he's allegedly worth over £1b. Nowadays you need to be a multi billionnaire to play with a football club. Lai hopes to increase Albions exposure in the East, which in turn would increase revenue. This has taken a hit since we got relegated. We will have to stand on our own two feet for the foreseeable future i guess.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5546 on: August 28, 2018, 03:33:21 PM »
It was a little tongue in cheek but from what I can tell since the purchase he hasn’t invested anything. We made money in the transfer window on sales, got rid of some of our biggest earners and cut the wage bill and we receive parachute payments from the premier league.

We’ve made a very small surplus on transfers in this window.

We’ve certainly cut the wage bill massively, but our income from Sky has dropped by around £80m (£120m less the parachute payment of £40m).  The income from the parachute payment goes towards this season’s wages. In other words it is already committed.

There’s unlikely to be any other monies unless we were to sell lots of players - which we haven’t.

Lai paid close to £200m for the club.  He clearly hasn’t clawed very much of that back, nor will he do so unless we get promoted and if he then sells the club.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5547 on: August 28, 2018, 03:52:32 PM »
People dont stay rich for long if they throw their money around. I dont think for one minute Lai thought we would get relegated, but doing so has left him im an awkward situation. Was he really ever going to put millions of pounds into the club?? He's in it for the profit. It's not a toy like Chelsea is to Abramovich- He can afford to waft money around. Lai isn't rich enough to do the same. Wierd when you consider he's allegedly worth over £1b. Nowadays you need to be a multi billionnaire to play with a football club. Lai hopes to increase Albions exposure in the East, which in turn would increase revenue. This has taken a hit since we got relegated. We will have to stand on our own two feet for the foreseeable future i guess.
isn't he related to Chinese supreme leader or is it North Korea's  ???

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5548 on: August 28, 2018, 04:40:46 PM »
Serious question for all those wanting Guochuan Lai to sell up and go, name me the owner you want and who would want to take us on?

And then tell us how this new owner, you've identified, will run a Championship Club with the issues we are currently faced with?

Remember, most wanted JP out as well.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5549 on: August 28, 2018, 04:48:25 PM »
Serious question for all those wanting Guochuan Lai to sell up and go, name me the owner you want and who would want to take us on?

And then tell us how this new owner, you've identified, will run a Championship Club with the issues we are currently faced with?

Remember, most wanted JP out as well.

There is this character with loads of money, he is a philanthropist and would be able to pile in as much dosh as required, wouldn't be acceptable to the fanbase though as he is a Pekin Duck and all things oriental are bad, 
Gentlemen I give you Scrooge McDuck

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!