Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369687 times)

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5250 on: April 12, 2018, 04:44:31 PM »
I think he was persuaded too by Hammond. who could see the way the fans were reacting/ plans were not working.
Now he is going for wholesale change having been let down by old fashioned thinking and so called experts at the Club. Good luck to all of us.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5251 on: April 12, 2018, 05:36:48 PM »
Well done Mr.lai, just what was needed a good clear out and hit the ground running as soon as this season is over.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5252 on: April 12, 2018, 05:55:16 PM »
Keep getting rid of the deadwood including many of the footballers and making inspirational appointments Mr Lai and you might get me to come back home and away
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5253 on: April 12, 2018, 07:42:30 PM »
Mr Lai seems to be surrounding himself with people of his own choosing. Here's to a brighter future.Bong Bong

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5254 on: April 13, 2018, 06:47:22 AM »
Mr Lai seems to be surrounding himself with people of his own choosing. Here's to a brighter future.Bong Bong

No wonder were are the highest ground in England!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5255 on: April 13, 2018, 08:10:31 AM »

Lets hope Jay Rodriguez doesn't read these posts  :o

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5256 on: April 13, 2018, 08:46:30 AM »
Mr Lai has done everything we could've asked of him.

He was loyal to the old guard Pulis, Williams, Hammond etc until breaking point. He could've come into the club and just got rid of everybody straight away and done his own thing but he didn't he showed good loyalty.

I would've liked Pulis sacked at the end of last season but Lai stayed with him and backed him. Only after a very long run of bad results and a clear decline did he sack Pulis. Lai then trusted people to choose a new head coach. It wasn't his fault they chose the hapless Pardew.

Lai's patience it seems has finally snapped and he's got rid of the lot. Not just one here and there scapegoated to carry the can, no all the key people have been removed. He's done it properly.

What he is doing now is absolutely what the club needs. He is bringing in his own men in important positions within the club with a clear collective directive of how the club moves forward.

It is very refreshing to learn that Lai wants to play football, he wants the club evolve into one that has a clear idea of how the team is set up to play based on playing front foot football and scoring goals. This at the stage we are is a form of ambition and we've seen precious little of that.

Although this has been a rubbish season to say the least it could be that in a few years time we look back and think this was what the club needed a step back, a relegation, to get rid of the dead wood, create a new footballing philosophy  that has taken the club on to another level. Lets hope so.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5257 on: April 13, 2018, 10:32:41 AM »
Hope he continues with clear out of playing staff, suggest HRK followed by Barry

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5258 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:38 AM »

He was loyal to the old guard Pulis, Williams, Hammond etc until breaking point. He could've come into the club and just got rid of everybody straight away and done his own thing but he didn't he showed good loyalty.

I would've liked Pulis sacked at the end of last season but Lai stayed with him and backed him. Only after a very long run of bad results and a clear decline did he sack Pulis. Lai then trusted people to choose a new head coach. It wasn't his fault they chose the hapless Pardew.

Lai's patience it seems has finally snapped and he's got rid of the lot. Not just one here and there scapegoated to carry the can, no all the key people have been removed. He's done it properly.

What he is doing now is absolutely what the club needs. He is bringing in his own men in important positions within the club with a clear collective directive of how the club moves forward.

It is very refreshing to learn that Lai wants to play football, he wants the club evolve into one that has a clear idea of how the team is set up to play based on playing front foot football and scoring goals. This at the stage we are is a form of ambition and we've seen precious little of that.

Although this has been a rubbish season to say the least it could be that in a few years time we look back and think this was what the club needed a step back, a relegation, to get rid of the dead wood, create a new footballing philosophy  that has taken the club on to another level. Lets hope so.

On the other hand it could be suggested he fiddled while Rome burned. Couldn't agree more regarding the Pard' though, and I'm still astonished he was ever appointed. As for Carver the less said the better. Lai was very, very badly let down by his board. Whichever way I look at things they came across as weak. Weak of mind and consequently weak of choice, devoid of imagination and completely lacking in inspiration. They were clearly sucked in by both Pulis's never been relegated tag and a smooth line in talking from Kid Chocolate at the interview stage. That or they were in a panic following a period of complacency and inertia.

Hammond is a strange one too. For someone who was touted with an ear to the ground in terms of untapped talent and new ideas, on the surface he also appears to have been weak in terms of recommendations and internal politics. If he felt undermined by Pulis he should have gone to Williams and Goodman to express his concerns. If he did and they ignored him in favour of Pulis's reputed stubbornness, were I in his shoes I would have resigned. Team work and give and take are fine and dandy, but compromise only gets you so far. Until recently his stock within the game would have remained pretty decent. From the outside looking in it's highly questionable now.

And we do indeed need a new approach to break from the atrophy which had taken hold from the top down. However, although I'm in favour of the clean sweep approach I just hope Lai does indeed have a fully coherent and joined up plan. Otherwise, wim f***** chap.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5259 on: April 13, 2018, 10:49:55 AM »
I think Lai has to take a bit of the blame. He let things get out of hand and should have had his fingerprints all over the club. He just forked our nearly £200m.

Got serious worries about where we are going as a football club.

Out Italian friend is being paid a fortune for 6 months work . Consultants don’t care do they.

Managerial choice will be interesting

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5260 on: April 13, 2018, 11:32:54 AM »

Makes sense to me.
When you are in the Prem, the priority is to stay there and one tried and tested formula to do that is to pack the defence and grind out 40 points. On paper we had the ideal bloke for that in Pulis, unfortunately he lost his touch, and failed, despite the spending. I think Pardew was championd by Hammond and that was a complete debacle culminating in them both getting binned.

The Championship however, is a different animal, you need 80+ points to get promoted and you can't grind that playing not to lose. I hope Lai has recognised this and is going gung ho. If we can put together a team that gets forward and tries to outscore the opposition, then we could have a very exciting season. We should be at the top of the food chain, in terms of transfers, with our outgoings and parachute payments, so why not go all guns blazing?

Will it work? Who knows but, after the last few seasons, it will be like stepping off the teacups and boarding the Big One!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5261 on: April 13, 2018, 11:43:54 AM »
Makes sense to me.
When you are in the Prem, the priority is to stay there and one tried and tested formula to do that is to pack the defence and grind out 40 points. On paper we had the ideal bloke for that in Pulis, unfortunately he lost his touch, and failed, despite the spending. I think Pardew was championd by Hammond and that was a complete debacle culminating in them both getting binned.

The Championship however, is a different animal, you need 80+ points to get promoted and you can't grind that playing not to lose. I hope Lai has recognised this and is going gung ho. If we can put together a team that gets forward and tries to outscore the opposition, then we could have a very exciting season. We should be at the top of the food chain, in terms of transfers, with our outgoings and parachute payments, so why not go all guns blazing?

Will it work? Who knows but, after the last few seasons, it will be like stepping off the teacups and boarding the Big One!

Tony Pulis, Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock and dare I say it Sir Gary Megson along with a few others want a word with you  ;D  ;) .

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5262 on: April 13, 2018, 12:07:21 PM »
Tony Pulis, Steve Bruce, Neil Warnock and dare I say it Sir Gary Megson along with a few others want a word with you  ;D  ;) .
I'll give you Bruce (3) an Warnock (2) but Pulis and Megson have only done it once.  :)
Could also be argued that Pulis stumbled across his magic formula of turgid, anti-football once he reached the Prem.
I say "Win it like Brazil" should be our new mantra!
I'm going for a lie down now.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5263 on: April 13, 2018, 01:31:09 PM »
Does anyone really think Lai is daft . You dont get to be worth what he is being an idiot . He was letting the club run itself by them already now it hasnt worked he is clearing the dead wood . I no we are going down but things do seem to be looking up some now.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5264 on: April 13, 2018, 01:35:25 PM »
I'll give you Bruce (3) an Warnock (2) but Pulis and Megson have only done it once.  :)
Could also be argued that Pulis stumbled across his magic formula of turgid, anti-football once he reached the Prem.
I say "Win it like Brazil" should be our new mantra!
I'm going for a lie down now.

Sir Gary Megson would almost definitely want a word now  ;) .

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5265 on: April 13, 2018, 01:43:12 PM »
Sir Gary Megson would almost definitely want a word now  ;) .
oops  :-[ Got carried away with my stats and forgot that that statement is like saying there's only been one Big Bang!
Sorry Gary

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5266 on: April 13, 2018, 08:42:48 PM »
Fed up of himAccusing us of Racism after Big Cyrille died
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5267 on: April 13, 2018, 08:44:03 PM »
Fed up of himAccusing us of Racism after Big Cyrille died

Think it's just a typo of "boing boing"
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5268 on: April 15, 2018, 06:52:30 PM »
Anyone just hear an Albion fan on 5 live say Lai is the fifth richest man in the world, what's he smoking

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5269 on: April 15, 2018, 06:54:30 PM »
Anyone just hear an Albion fan on 5 live say Lai is the fifth richest man in the world, what's he smoking
Probably doesn't know probably is someone who is Chinese who is fifth richest man in the world and has the same last name but I doubt it.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5270 on: May 08, 2018, 08:56:23 AM »
I see hes re inforcing his board room

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/936773245?-11200:789:3
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 09:01:08 AM by WBAinDEVON »

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5271 on: May 30, 2018, 10:15:46 PM »
I know we mock the seals owner for some of the rubbish he comes out with, but at least he speaks. Having just read his statement to villa fans it would of been nice to have heard from ours. I know Jenkins is our mouth piece but frankly lai had been useless in speaking to us

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5272 on: May 30, 2018, 11:14:28 PM »
I know we mock the seals owner for some of the rubbish he comes out with, but at least he speaks. Having just read his statement to villa fans it would of been nice to have heard from ours. I know Jenkins is our mouth piece but frankly lai had been useless in speaking to us

He "brought" everyone a drink and a scarf for his first game and now he only comes by to watch us against the "big boys" I can't see him turning up to watch us live at all this coming season.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5273 on: May 31, 2018, 08:28:26 AM »
Who’s bothered if he comes to watch as long as he signs the cheques like he did last year when we were 6th highest net spenders.

Hopefully this year though the people he puts in charge to sign the right players and look after the club aren’t the same as the divs who were there last year.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5274 on: May 31, 2018, 03:23:55 PM »
Who’s bothered if he comes to watch as long as he signs the cheques like he did last year when we were 6th highest net spenders.

Hopefully this year though the people he puts in charge to sign the right players and look after the club aren’t the same as the divs who were there last year.

Here's hoping ;) Though I'm intrigued by the appointment of Terraneo