Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369502 times)

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #5200 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:56 PM »
can not see him selling as he rebuffed bid by American consortium in summer, believe bid was below what he paid for club. lucky to get 50 million for a championship team, thats him flushing a 100 million down the bog which wont happen, has to push the boat out for two seasons to get back in prem to realise his investment, if this isnt attained then i fear for club.

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5201 on: March 13, 2018, 12:43:40 PM »
Is Lai actually risking his own money though? The way I understand things is that he bought us using cash from an 'investment arm', which may actually mean a loan from the Chinese Government in reality.....who may want to cut their losses and walk away. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5202 on: March 13, 2018, 01:02:59 PM »
The only reason Pardew is still here is because the board have admitted defeat and know we are destined for the championship. He has a break up clause in the contract that states when we are officially relegated we can sack him without paying him any money towards compensation. This is probably the only smart move the club have made all season

Does that mean we still have to pay the balance of his 2 year contract but not the bonus for keeping us up ?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5203 on: March 13, 2018, 01:59:25 PM »
According to another forum, Li Piyue will move from a directors role to become the new chairman. Apparently sources in China confirm but I haven’t found any yet.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5204 on: March 13, 2018, 02:50:49 PM »
Who is Li,?
What skills/ knowledge etc does he bring to the party?
Does he speak English?
Will he communicate with the fans?
What does he know about English football etc?
Anybody know anything?

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #5205 on: March 13, 2018, 02:56:59 PM »
Who is Li,?
Does he speak English?
Anybody know anything?
Already on the board as Lai's UK eyes and ears , been with us a fair while.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5206 on: March 13, 2018, 03:42:43 PM »
Who is Li,?
Does he speak English?
Anybody know anything?
the only thing I can find is what WBA have on their website
https://www.wba.co.uk/club/board-of-directors/li-piyue/

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5207 on: March 13, 2018, 05:15:09 PM »
It hasn't been confirmed anywhere that I'm aware of, probably some self loving, horny handed little jizz bag with a fake tw@tter account.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5208 on: March 13, 2018, 06:28:29 PM »
Who is Li,?
Does he speak English?
Anybody know anything?

His full name is Yom In Li, and he lives here somewhere between Halesowen and Cradley Heath :)
MAGA!

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5209 on: March 13, 2018, 06:41:06 PM »
 That's interesting mate,thanks for the info.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:50:04 PM by MarkW »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5210 on: March 13, 2018, 06:49:33 PM »
His full name is Yom In Li, and he lives here somewhere between Halesowen and Cradley Heath :)

Has he got a brother? I knew a Wem In Li who lives down that way somewhere.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5211 on: March 13, 2018, 07:37:15 PM »
Who is Li,?
Does he speak English?
Anybody know anything?

He does a cracking Peking duck. ;D

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5212 on: March 13, 2018, 09:07:43 PM »
He does a cracking Peking duck. ;D
.    Mock all you want but he can't do no worse than the outgoing chairman Williams

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5213 on: March 13, 2018, 09:19:24 PM »
Mock all you want but he can't do no worse than the outgoing chairman Williams

Fortune cookie say don't tempt fate.........  :-X .

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5214 on: March 13, 2018, 09:31:47 PM »
Palm eco town group has been having a real tough time in the markets and WBAFC is small beer in comparison, given that the board has just had group reports including Mark Jenkins’ I think there will be a period of analysis and planning before any actions are implemented. I also expect that the Chinese eyes and ears on the board will have been flabbergasted at how British “football men “ run a business.
Radical change is coming for sure, not as quick as we would like as there are bigger fish to fry and one that no the Chinese do not do is knee jerk on big decisions, but the changes are coming of that we can be sure.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5215 on: March 13, 2018, 10:16:26 PM »
It's the unknown isn't it? Relegation is not so much a fear really... it's where Guochuan takes us.

We know nothing of him and the big fear is that it might be another Venky's scenario. But who knows? This thing really could go either way.

I think I'm clutching at straws a bit, but I'm hopeful that Mr Lai will want to transform us into a proper contender...

It's the hope that kills you.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5216 on: March 14, 2018, 12:25:55 PM »
being reported that Albion will have a strict budget for next season, translation owner got sod all money. Peace has really sold us a pup well done hope you sleep well at night you git.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5217 on: March 14, 2018, 12:30:24 PM »
Already on the board as Lai's UK eyes and ears , been with us a fair while.
so mr tony has taken him for a mug as well at least were in save hands, not

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5218 on: March 14, 2018, 01:45:37 PM »
nice to see your glass half full approach paul is serving you well as usual  ;D

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #5219 on: March 14, 2018, 02:47:04 PM »
nice to see your glass half full approach paul is serving you well as usual  ;D
mate glass is all but empty watching this carry on  ::)

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5220 on: March 16, 2018, 09:47:22 AM »
We should be selling quite a few players. If we can get good money in for them , then we should be able to reinvest it all and improve the squad (shouldn't in theory be too difficult based on this current bunch).

I don't see what we'll achieve chucking money around - didn't get us far the past couple of years for the likes of JRod, Burke, Livermore and arguably our best signings the past 10 years have been some of the cheapest - Olsson, Yacob, Mulumbu, Odemwingie, Brunt, Morrison, Phillips - the list goes on!

I want quality to come in and players who care - Tarkowski is a great example at Burnley for what happens if you don't let an old school British manager push you into spunking millions on 'tried and trusted' players!

I'd be happy going back to the old approach but would doubt Hammond can pull it off based on what he's done so far?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5221 on: March 16, 2018, 11:50:40 AM »
We should be selling quite a few players. If we can get good money in for them , then we should be able to reinvest it all and improve the squad (shouldn't in theory be too difficult based on this current bunch).

I don't see what we'll achieve chucking money around - didn't get us far the past couple of years for the likes of JRod, Burke, Livermore and arguably our best signings the past 10 years have been some of the cheapest - Olsson, Yacob, Mulumbu, Odemwingie, Brunt, Morrison, Phillips - the list goes on!

I want quality to come in and players who care - Tarkowski is a great example at Burnley for what happens if you don't let an old school British manager push you into spunking millions on 'tried and trusted' players!

I'd be happy going back to the old approach but would doubt Hammond can pull it off based on what he's done so far?

I seem to remember an old school British manager named Tony Pulis tried to sign James Tarkowski for the Albion.

However, a younger old schoolish British type manager by the name of Sean Dyche didn't want to play ball.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #5222 on: March 16, 2018, 11:55:51 AM »
I seem to remember an old school British manager named Tony Pulis tried to sign James Tarkowski for the Albion.

However, a younger old schoolish British type manager by the name of Sean Dyche didn't want to play ball.

Nothing against old school British managers when they sign quality players e.g. Roy didn't do too badly and I'd put him the same bracket. I'm referring to some managers signing serial 'failures' in the premier league like Livermore for e.g. In the past, we were great at getting value from the types of players Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford...etc etc are now getting value from. It's very clear that our policy changed and we now have poorer players - certainly attitude wise than we've had since we last had a similar policy (under Robson in 2006)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #5223 on: March 16, 2018, 12:02:26 PM »
Nothing against old school British managers when they sign quality players e.g. Roy didn't do too badly and I'd put him the same bracket. I'm referring to some managers signing serial 'failures' in the premier league like Livermore for e.g. In the past, we were great at getting value from the types of players Burnley, Huddersfield, Brighton, Watford...etc etc are now getting value from. It's very clear that our policy changed and we now have poorer players - certainly attitude wise than we've had since we last had a similar policy (under Robson in 2006)

Watford are an interesting model, my limited knowledge is that the owners have clubs in other leagues and players can move within the group, nice way to move funds to where its "needed".
They also seem to be fairly adept at finding talent in south america. ok they haven't set the world on fire, but they are a smaller club than us and will be looking down at us next season. There are other ways than the traditional british model to run football clubs successfully !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5224 on: March 16, 2018, 12:02:50 PM »

I've nothing against old school managers either per se although a new face might be refreshing once in a while.

And I agree regarding player recruitment and attitude.

Established is fine so long as it's within budget and not stale.