Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369614 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4675 on: April 07, 2017, 10:14:13 AM »
hes also taking all the clubs memorabilia thats just threw in as large room, to put in the foyers of his hotels around china to raise our profile
Don't think ALL the memorabilia is going. Lots of stuff is being catalogued for new web site.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4676 on: April 07, 2017, 01:08:09 PM »
I have never thought about this before, but,

As "owners' of the club, presumably the chinese could strip out and take all the clubs historical memorabilia to china and keep it there in perpituity.  (a la Elgin marbles???)

That thought is more than a bit dis-quieting isn't it !

What is the club beyond its fand / ground / history? We all know what can happen with grounds (see Boleyn ground) really all thats left is the fans!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4677 on: April 07, 2017, 11:40:31 PM »

As "owners' of the club, presumably the chinese could strip out and take all the clubs historical memorabilia to china and keep it there in perpetuity.  (a la Elgin marbles???)

What is the club beyond its fand / ground / history? We all know what can happen with grounds (see Boleyn ground) really all thats left is the fans!

Yes they could but why would they? The club's memorabilia outside the context of the club and the place it's from is just a bunch of old tat.

I think you will find they are far more interested in the here and now. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4678 on: April 08, 2017, 12:11:39 AM »

As "owners' of the club, presumably the chinese could strip out and take all the clubs historical memorabilia to china and keep it there in perpituity.  (a la Elgin marbles???)

He can't take the memorabilia anywhere, most of it is loaned to the club by ex/old players or ex old player's family's. I have more Albion memorabilia than the club do anyway!

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4679 on: April 08, 2017, 06:49:16 AM »
I love to see the well battered knitted woollen goalie's jumper displayed in one of the event suites that I get to see most Christmases.
Always makes me think of the 'jumpers for goal posts' footie games in the local rec of my long ago youth.
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4680 on: April 08, 2017, 08:19:27 PM »
Over to you if you want thousands to renew
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4681 on: April 08, 2017, 08:27:53 PM »
Over to you if you want thousands to renew

On course for our best ever Premier League season.
the regime don't like it man

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4682 on: April 08, 2017, 08:31:38 PM »
Not sure what he can personally do?

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4683 on: April 09, 2017, 10:13:20 AM »
On course for our best ever Premier League season.
doubt we'll get over that line, 2nd ain't bad though!

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4684 on: April 09, 2017, 10:37:06 AM »
Lai controls the budget so obviously has a huge influence over the club, but it is the local board that make the day to day decisions. In terms of boosting renewal's on season tickets there are two things that need sorting first pricing and secondly signings which seems to be the be all and end all of modern football.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4685 on: April 09, 2017, 11:43:56 AM »
The powers that be need to invest big time in the summer as we are short all over the park, hope this owner isn't the Chinese version of jp.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4686 on: April 10, 2017, 06:38:30 PM »
Pulis said he wanted, five to six signings, over to you Mr Lai. Lets hope this meeting they have planned, has the right outcome, and Tony is backed with the money to get these players in.

lindenbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4687 on: April 10, 2017, 06:57:13 PM »
Pulis said he wanted, five to six signings, over to you Mr Lai. Lets hope this meeting they have planned, has the right outcome, and Tony is backed with the money to get these players in.

I could be wrong here, but haven't the Chinese government recently imposed restrictions on how much capital will be allowed out of the country for Lai and other Chinese owners? If this is true, we're in for more interesting but testing times. I'm not expecting more than the usual.

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4688 on: April 10, 2017, 07:04:55 PM »
We'll make about 100-120 Million from finishing 8-10th. Five to six signings, say about £10 million each, £50-60 Million. Sure we should be able to sanction that.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4689 on: April 10, 2017, 07:16:29 PM »
We'll make about 100-120 Million from finishing 8-10th. Five to six signings, say about £10 million each, £50-60 Million. Sure we should be able to sanction that.

Our wage bill is circa £90 million...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4690 on: April 10, 2017, 07:18:40 PM »

On paper maybe, but you've got to remember the wages etc as well as the transfer fees.

6 new signings for example on £50k a week is £300k each week just on the new signings. That comes to another £15.6 million each year just on those new signings. Add that to the current squad wages which last year was around 74% (£73m) of our overall turnover (£98.3m).

I think a few will still need to be moved on to accommodate new signings on decent wages, otherwise we'll begin to pay out more than we're bringing in which could be quite dangerous for a club of our size.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4691 on: May 30, 2017, 07:02:06 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/887782692?-11200:789:0

interesting that he doesn't take a salary.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4692 on: May 30, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
So far lai seems a decent bloke. However I'm hoping in time he pushed the boat out and we get deals done a little more quickly. That's what I hoped for when we were bought. We pushed the boat out a little bit more and we got deals done quicker. If that doesn't happen then from a selfish point of view there was little point to the takeover, apart from Jeremy getting rich.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4693 on: May 30, 2017, 08:26:05 PM »
http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/887782692?-11200:789:0

interesting that he doesn't take a salary.

He's not a director or employee of WBAFC or any of the associated companies, therefore he can't take a salary. As a shareholder, he would be entitled to a dividend on any profit the company made.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #4694 on: May 30, 2017, 09:55:41 PM »
From comments made by various club executives it's my understanding that :

1. Lai is not drawing a salary & does not plan to take a dividend ( this year at least)
2. Lai is not putting any money towards this year's transfer budget, it's all internally generated by the club!
3. Because of Financial Fair Play rules we will only be able to increase players' wages this coming season by £7million to £77 million.
4. The constraint of the FFP rules also explain why the club operates with such a small squad. The club's chosen policy is to pay high wages to a smaller number of players, thereby not breaking the FFP rules
5. However, would you believe Peace is still drawing a salary. He continues to take the club for as much money as he can!  :o
As if he has not taken enough out of our club's coffers. Get him off the payroll asap!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4695 on: May 30, 2017, 10:40:04 PM »
From comments made by various club executives it's my understanding that :

1. Lai is not drawing a salary & does not plan to take a dividend ( this year at least)
2. Lai is not putting any money towards this year's transfer budget, it's all internally generated by the club!
3. Because of Financial Fair Play rules we will only be able to increase players' wages this coming season by £7million to £77 million.
4. The constraint of the FFP rules also explain why the club operates with such a small squad. The club's chosen policy is to pay high wages to a smaller number of players, thereby not breaking the FFP rules
5. However, would you believe Peace is still drawing a salary. He continues to take the club for as much money as he can!  :o
As if he has not taken enough out of our club's coffers. Get him off the payroll asap!

Part of the acquisition agreement was that JP would be retained in a consultancy capacity for a year, As I understand it, the agreement comes to an end on 30th June 2017.
I'm not sure he draws a salary, it's more likely to be a consultancy fee.

If you visit companies house website, you'll see that Guochuan Lai is not named as a director or officer of WBAFC or any of the associated companies, so he's not allowed to take a salary,
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4696 on: May 31, 2017, 12:18:01 AM »
Always  new peace  was a money grabbing  so and so, roll on June 30th  when he will have no more involvement  with club.  Over to you now Mr lai.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4697 on: May 31, 2017, 07:48:53 AM »
If you want to abuse Peace you can, but he kept WBA in a decent state. Have a look at how our neighbours are getting along. I would call him "Our Saviour." Maybe he worked hard to make the money he did as he was not born with the "proverbial silver spoon in his mouth." Just remember the facts and be grateful.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4698 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:21 AM »
If you want to abuse Peace you can, but he kept WBA in a decent state. Have a look at how our neighbours are getting along. I would call him "Our Saviour." Maybe he worked hard to make the money he did as he was not born with the "proverbial silver spoon in his mouth." Just remember the facts and be grateful.

You are right Brian, he did a lot of work and put us in the position we are in today, but he has been handsomely rewarded for it........
MAGA!

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4699 on: May 31, 2017, 09:03:11 AM »
You are right Brian, he did a lot of work and put us in the position we are in today, but he has been handsomely rewarded for it........

Well wouldn't anyone expect to be, what do people think he should do it for the crack and out of the goodness of his heart. It's. it like the money he has received over the years has held us back. As sad as it is we pretty much hit our ceiling of 8th position under him.