Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369731 times)

Jimbo Baggy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4450 on: October 12, 2016, 11:05:25 PM »
I'm intrigued to know how much money we'll have to spend on players January ??

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4451 on: October 12, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
The more I wonder I'm not sure he's got any money, I think we'll just plod along with a new name over the door sadly

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4452 on: October 13, 2016, 05:39:38 AM »
The more I wonder I'm not sure he's got any money, I think we'll just plod along with a new name over the door sadly

Why are you surprised? Mr Lai said it will be business as usual and that means spending within our means.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4453 on: October 13, 2016, 06:07:05 AM »

Well he found £200m from somewhere. I am sure he is not down to his last 1000 yen......
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4454 on: October 13, 2016, 06:14:33 AM »
Why are you surprised? Mr Lai said it will be business as usual and that means spending within our means.
He also said he'd like us to be a top 10 side too. Which would involve us having to spend to improve.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4455 on: October 13, 2016, 06:22:19 AM »
Well a lot of papers are reporting John Williams and Gouchan Lai will be having a meeting with Tony Pulis after the game Saturday. Lai apparently be using an interpreter and he speaks very little English. I'm sure the January budget will be discussed. It seems to me we were willing to spend big last window, but for Pulis turning down a number of high profile signings we didn't. Be interesting to see the out come of this meeting and if the press get any information from it.

I do think there is friction between Williams and Pulis, if he doesn't go before, I can see Pulis leaving the end of the season. 100%

Just because its what you want, does not mean it will happen.
Baggie in Southampton

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4456 on: October 13, 2016, 08:03:15 AM »
Lai i am sure has the financial clout JP never had to get us further up the league. whether he trusts Pulis to spend it is another matter. My humble is Pulis wont get another contract
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4457 on: October 13, 2016, 08:32:23 AM »
Lai i am sure has the financial clout JP never had to get us further up the league. whether he trusts Pulis to spend it is another matter. My humble is Pulis wont get another contract

I am with you on that Devon. TP sees his contract out which wont be renewed. He will no doubt have a few months off before getting another call, and we hopefully progress from there......however, this is the Albion we are talking about.
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4458 on: October 13, 2016, 10:44:51 AM »
IMO, it would be more a pointer to TP going if no meeting took place,

Spending £200m and not discussing "stuff" with the man at the coal face, now that would be sending signals !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4459 on: October 13, 2016, 10:46:30 AM »
Well a lot of papers are reporting John Williams and Gouchan Lai will be having a meeting with Tony Pulis after the game Saturday. Lai apparently be using an interpreter and he speaks very little English. I'm sure the January budget will be discussed. It seems to me we were willing to spend big last window, but for Pulis turning down a number of high profile signings we didn't. Be interesting to see the out come of this meeting and if the press get any information from it.

I do think there is friction between Williams and Pulis, if he doesn't go before, I can see Pulis leaving the end of the season. 100%

It's more likely this meeting will produce a contract extension than a dismissal imo.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4460 on: October 13, 2016, 10:57:54 AM »
It's more likely this meeting will produce a contract extension than a dismissal imo.

I'm (sadly) inclined to agree, I just hope TP has NOT been brushing up on his chinese etiquette.

ie, Pulls big dirty snot rag from pocket and blasts Mr Lai with a copious dose of welsh snot, ot recieves business card and sticks it in his backside pocket .............and so on ...........
Albion Family !!!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4461 on: October 13, 2016, 11:02:32 AM »
If Tony is still with us next season and the Style of football is still the same then you will be loosing my season ticket money Mr Lai

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4462 on: October 13, 2016, 12:02:58 PM »
If Tony is still with us next season and the Style of football is still the same then you will be loosing my season ticket money Mr Lai

You said that last season! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4463 on: October 13, 2016, 01:25:34 PM »
If I was Mr Lai the first thing I'd be asking is why are there so many empty seats.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4464 on: October 13, 2016, 01:35:15 PM »

It will also produce a lot more empty seats and unsold season tickets as well........
MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4465 on: October 13, 2016, 01:40:40 PM »
You said that last season! ;D

tongue in cheek, i mean it this time

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4466 on: October 14, 2016, 08:46:37 AM »
I don't think any single meeting between Lai Williams and Pulis will resolve anything very much. However the ownership does have to make a decision about Pulis' future probably sometime between now and the end of the year. What this club looks like over the next two to three years hinges on that decision.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4467 on: October 14, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »
I'm (sadly) inclined to agree, I just hope TP has NOT been brushing up on his chinese etiquette.

ie, Pulls big dirty snot rag from pocket and blasts Mr Lai with a copious dose of welsh snot, ot recieves business card and sticks it in his backside pocket .............and so on ...........
I am sure he will treat Mr Lai, like he treated Mr Peace. I know you do not like him, but is there any reason to post stuff like that?
You have been disrespectful of several posters on here yourself.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

cornishbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4468 on: October 14, 2016, 09:41:33 AM »

it's not in Lai's interest to offer a contract extension. I don't think anything will be resolved until the end of the season.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4469 on: October 14, 2016, 09:50:18 AM »
Love to know why the moderators let Albionic`s nasty not needed quote appear on this site even if you don`t like someone there is no need for that it`s just a personal insult.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4470 on: October 14, 2016, 11:34:22 AM »
Love to know why the moderators let Albionic`s nasty not needed quote appear on this site even if you don`t like someone there is no need for that it`s just a personal insult.

Don't see a great deal wrong with it to be honest. So far we have yet to see any evidence that TP is in bed with 'the chinese' as he calls them. If that's not disrespectful, I don't know what is......

Its strange that some folk find that nasty yet are quite happy with the continuing barrage of views and opinions that could been seen as nasty against the likes of Gardner, McLean and TP himself. How do you think they feel when they read it, and I am sure they do........

Albionic painted a picture of a likely scenario, that's all.......it amused me.
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4471 on: October 14, 2016, 01:59:15 PM »
I am sure he will treat Mr Lai, like he treated Mr Peace. I know you do not like him, but is there any reason to post stuff like that?
You have been disrespectful of several posters on here yourself.

Apologies if i have upset you, it was my (errant clearly) attempt at a bit of light heartedness.
Albion Family !!!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4472 on: October 14, 2016, 02:03:52 PM »

Not intended as a personal insult, merely a bit of satire.
I seriously doubt TP would let an oik like me get under his skin. 
I also hope that you never read private eye or watched spitting image, they would have seriously upset you i think!

I formally apologise for any distress caused.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:13:41 PM by Albionic »
Albion Family !!!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4473 on: October 15, 2016, 12:11:50 AM »
Not intended as a personal insult, merely a bit of satire.
I seriously doubt TP would let an oik like me get under his skin. 
I also hope that you never read private eye or watched spitting image, they would have seriously upset you i think!

I formally apologise for any distress caused.

It takes a big man to apologise.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4474 on: October 15, 2016, 10:33:23 AM »
Morning all I would like to say thanks for the apology but wasn't needed. I just thought it wrong to say that about anyone not on this board and able to defend himself  AS for spitting image remember them well didn't like them but we all have different tastes and different sense of hummer . Anyway all over and done with lets get on with seeing what Mr Lai will do with our beloved Albion looking forward to this afternoons 3pm ko