Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369548 times)

Andzy

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4225 on: August 31, 2016, 11:00:26 PM »
What do you think our new owners make of this god damn shambles of a transfer window I think JP has sold us up the river to be honest

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4226 on: August 31, 2016, 11:05:09 PM »
I think they're party to it.

Peace and the new owners are just thinking in £££

No respect for fans

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4227 on: August 31, 2016, 11:05:33 PM »
Let's be honest, I shall bring you the truth now, whether you choose to believe it or not. Peace or the Chinese didn't want to spend too much, and Pulis wasn't in a position to kick up too much of a fuss due to recent goings on with Palace etc. Just my opinion ;)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4228 on: August 31, 2016, 11:13:46 PM »
The new owners said business as usual and they have delivered on that. They are not putting any money into the club. Nobody had heard of them until the deal was announced. Meanwhile our local rivals both have Chinese owners who have the track record and cash and have already invested. Peace was small time in ambition and he has sold us to a similar owner. The former director of a landscaping company, give me a break.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4229 on: August 31, 2016, 11:17:13 PM »
Prem Lge will think we are taking the urine when we submit our 20 man 25 man squad!!

Meanwhile . . . in Jersey . . .Peace sits in his money pit like Scrooge McDuck counting his millions and laughing like Dr Evil at the fans who think his stewardship wasnt purely for his benefit!!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4230 on: August 31, 2016, 11:36:30 PM »
I never said it was intentional.  But it's the reality. We are in limbo and spending will as a result be very limited.  Peace and Lai cannot risk spending big in case approval isn't forthcoming. 

Sorry that you seem to be struggling to grasp what is so obvious. 

The only way that I can see us buying 5 players is if we sell Evans.  Otherwise it will quite possibly be only 3 in, with Berahino being sold.

Anyway, we'll find out in 11 days time. 

I genuinely hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Pretty much as I was saying.....

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4231 on: August 31, 2016, 11:41:02 PM »
Lets see how well Lai can sell the club back home when we play the worst football in the league and get relegated.

I just hope we can stay competitive until January because the mid season window could well be crucial this season.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4232 on: August 31, 2016, 11:42:23 PM »
Pretty much as I was saying.....

Not really, if Pulis hadn't pulled the plug on Camacho we'd have spent another £20 million, & if, as i suspect, we were really after Carvalho we'd have spent another £30 million.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4233 on: August 31, 2016, 11:45:53 PM »
Not really, if Pulis hadn't pulled the plug on Camacho we'd have spent another £20 million, & if, as i suspect, we were really after Carvalho we'd have spent another £30 million.

You keep blaming Pulis for it all based on rumour and nothing concrete, what about the rumours we didn't meet the release fee, what about us reportedly offering £21m for Carvalho when they wanted £34m.

We as a club have messed around in another transfer window, one overseen by the same people who oversaw all the other recent ones.

The whole shambles is down to more than one man no matter how you try and pin it on him. The fact we have not allowed Saido to leave is another major factor in this disgraceful show of ambition.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4234 on: August 31, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »

It's clear that those deals were never going to happen.

Is just like West Ham if 3-4 years ago.  Pretend to be interested in big signings but never deliver.

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4235 on: August 31, 2016, 11:55:23 PM »
It's clear that those deals were never going to happen.

Is just like West Ham if 3-4 years ago.  Pretend to be interested in big signings but never deliver.

Camacho was due to sign today but pulis pulled the plug on it

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4236 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:23 PM »

But we didn't.

In fact, out of the scores of players we have been linked with, some ropey, but some seem to have credibility, we managed a loan signing, to replace Poco. A right back, that is cover for a central defender playing out of position; a wide midfielder in Chadli, when that is possibly the one area with the exception of goalkeepers we didn't need to strengthen as a priority, Brunt, McMannaman, Leko, Phillips, McClean and Saido has played there. A replacement for Vic and Lambert in Robson-Kanu, who isn't a full time striker  (see Chadli above).

Are you telling me Pulis vetoed all of them?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 12:01:26 AM by WestBromJim »
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4237 on: September 01, 2016, 12:05:01 AM »
Camacho was due to sign today but pulis pulled the plug on it

Yes - Pulis seemingly never wanted it.  It wasn't going to happen.  He's ultimately in charge of transfers.

Personally, am convinced that not landing Rodriguez on loan proved crucial. Means we didn't sell Berahino for £20m, which meant we didn't have the cash to buy Camacho or Cavalho.  Peace was never going to have an even bigger net spend after we bought Chadli.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4238 on: September 01, 2016, 01:46:49 AM »
After being stitched up they way they have by the greedy bald-headed one, I wouldn't blame the Chinese if they pulled the plug on the whole deal.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4239 on: September 01, 2016, 01:47:47 AM »
Free pints and scarves every home game? we have the money now ;)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4240 on: September 01, 2016, 02:31:26 AM »
Yes - Pulis seemingly never wanted it.  It wasn't going to happen.  He's ultimately in charge of transfers.

Personally, am convinced that not landing Rodriguez on loan proved crucial. Means we didn't sell Berahino for £20m, which meant we didn't have the cash to buy Camacho or Cavalho.  Peace was never going to have an even bigger net spend after we bought Chadli.
So, we spend three days chasing and haggling over fees and wages and then we ask our manager if he wants the players and he says NO? If you were pulis and were offered players of this class would you say no?
That doesn't make any sense at all.
The whole comacho/carvalo debacle was  a smoke screen to fool us into thinking this window was going to be different and we were going to show a bit of ambition, The men at the top just don't have the guts to open the cheque book.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4241 on: September 01, 2016, 03:45:24 AM »
Absolute joke of a summer we deserve to go down, why do I get my hopes up

HamsteadHarry

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4242 on: September 01, 2016, 06:47:23 AM »
Keeping JP as an advisor will have heavily influenced all this.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4243 on: September 01, 2016, 06:51:06 AM »
Keeping JP as an advisor will have heavily influenced all this.

Technically he's not an advisor at the mmoment he's still the owner
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

rajesh-wba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4244 on: September 01, 2016, 07:21:14 AM »
I have to say I'm personally very disappointed with how the transfer window has panned out.

I wasn't too critical of the club as I genuinely felt we would sign the "top quality" players we had been looking for, hence why we waited all Summer.

Let's be honest Nyom and Hal Robson Kanu could have been signed last month. With HRK as a 4th choice striker I wouldn't have moaned, but where is the "quality" to support Rondon?

People may argue shifting Berahino has hampered us, but he's on £15,000 a week, and we shouldn't be reliant on moving players to sign them. Without even the takeover and money we've saved by releasing players and selling them. I can't quite fathom what has happened.

Considering we released Anichebe and Sessegnon and saved around £100,000 in wages per week, I would be interested to know what budget (%) we have spent in this window. Clearly we have not spent what we have.
Add into this we sold Chester, Gamoba, Lambert (around circa £8-10m) and released there wages in addition to Pocognoli.

Also what happened to our second domestic loan? Questions that should be asked by the local journalists.

There needs to be clear lines of communication now the window has closed. If the takeover hasn't officially gone through and is still to be ratified by the Financial Conduct Authority, surely we as supporters would appreciate and respect honesty? Is this why we have only spent £21m in transfer fees, plus a loan fee of around £1m and a signing on fee of £1-2m.

Money brought in would be in region of around £10-11m. A very simplistic way of looking at it (and I may well be wrong) but that represents around a £12m NET Spend.

My only other conclusion is that the board doesn't trust Pulis, as he prefers British based players as opposed to the foreign markets. We've managed to shift on the "dead wood" with only McManaman remaining who Pulis doesn't seem to trust.

Maybe there view is let's grin and bear this season - survive and take stock? As any other manager would struggle with the tools Pulis has been given. We've not sacked him but neither backed him, as if the cynic in me thinks - did we want him to walk?

But then IF we do survive - we will have a massive rebuilding job to do in Summer 2017. Olsson, McAuley, Gardner and Berahino are in there last years currently.

The midfield overall still lacks athleticism, guile and pace.

I personally won't judge the new owner until the deal is ratified.

Sarniabaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4245 on: September 01, 2016, 07:22:08 AM »
The reason players don't sign is Tony Pulis.  Come on folks get real.  They were offering good money but players do not want to play for this coach.  The other factor is the prices.  Just look at the price paid for Benteke.  A one season wonder that has generated more money for himself and agents in transfers than we will earn in a life time!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #4246 on: September 01, 2016, 07:27:48 AM »
The reason players don't sign is Tony Pulis.  Come on folks get real.  They were offering good money but players do not want to play for this coach.  The other factor is the prices.  Just look at the price paid for Benteke.  A one season wonder that has generated more money for himself and agents in transfers than we will earn in a life time!

Benteke kept villa up year after year, no way is he a one season wonder and in todays market you have to pay the going rate which we were unwilling to do.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4247 on: September 01, 2016, 07:50:26 AM »
Pulis warned they are going to run along the same lines as JP. So why do people hope for change. HRK is as good as it gets.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4248 on: September 01, 2016, 07:52:10 AM »
I am no conspiracy theorist but something doesnt seem right about this takeover.

They said the deal was agreed June 23rd i think it was, prior to that discussions would of taken place, Mr Lai didnt just phone up June 22nd and buy us!

I would assume the period between June 23rd and start August when it was announced was the final due dilligence, exclusivity, etc. We announced the takeover early August and its now being said it wont be completed until October.

I also heard Talksport saying they had it on good authority that the funds were being paid in installments, thats one of the things i dont get, Mr Lai said he had brought us outright, there was no debt raised to pay for us.

Also i know people have to be ratified but i have not known any other takeover take anywhere near as long as ours, if it is the FA messing around then if i was Mr Lai i would be taking action as it may end up costing him a lot of money as he hasnt been able to invest in the squad which is ultimately where the money will be made.

If i was him i would be very concerned that his investment is looking iffy, surely if your spending as much as he / they are to buy the club you would provide some financial backing to buy better players as that usually equals better results, better attendances and for him to promote in china - a better brand.

Even if he does takeover in October, he will be taking over when gates are down (already the empty seats show that) the atmosphere will be poor, he cannot do anything to the playing staff til January and we will be boring to watch, again not a great selling point for the first chinese owned premier league club.

Something just does not add up to me about this whole takeover thing and i cannot put my finger on it.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4249 on: September 01, 2016, 08:12:48 AM »
quite possibly 3 local teams all in the same league next season with chineese investors.I wonder what his thoughts are at this moment in time. Maybe when the take over is official he will ok the persue of an out of contract footballer 
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties