Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369687 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4125 on: August 19, 2016, 03:34:44 PM »
I'm not sure why people have picked Geoff up for it, as his use of "marquee signing" was correct both in terms of meaning and spelling!

The visualisation of our new owner proudly stepping onto the pitch to show us his new tent was a play on words  :) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4126 on: August 19, 2016, 06:26:48 PM »
They do try and wind fans up. They like to create controversy. The presenters have been banging on about Pulis leaving if he didn't get what he wanted from Peace all last season and he has continued with that line this season. Also WM keep going on about that the  new owners are not telling us what their vision is for the club. I thought the new owner had made it clear in his statement on the WBA website that it was business as usual and with steady progress aiming for the top half of the premier league. But they don't like this. They want the club to shout their mouth off and then to shoot them down when they don't deliver.
I thought Van was spot on tonight on WM. What is it with Mark Regan he is so anti Albion. He tries to wind up anti club sentiment and disquiet with the fans. He says the new management are boring. What he wants is controversy. He wants the club to shout their mouth off and then to shoot them down.

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4127 on: August 19, 2016, 06:32:30 PM »
I thought Van was spot on tonight on WM. What is it with Mark Regan he is so anti Albion. He tries to wind up anti club sentiment and disquiet with the fans. He says the new management are boring. What he wants is controversy. He wants the club to shout their mouth off and then to shoot them down.

Spot on, their coverage at the moment towards Albion has been frankly an embarassment. They are trying to wind the fans up big time. The caller I felt tried to explain the slupp deal and Reagan werebt having any off it

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4128 on: August 19, 2016, 10:53:22 PM »
Spot on, their coverage at the moment towards Albion has been frankly an embarassment. They are trying to wind the fans up big time. The caller I felt tried to explain the slupp deal and Reagan werebt having any off it
They're trolls, don't feed them - stop listening.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4129 on: August 20, 2016, 08:07:38 AM »
They're trolls, don't feed them - stop listening.

I did, a very long time ago. The only local media guy I follow now, is Matt Wilson of the E & S, his articles seem pretty balanced, as you say all the rest are just trolling.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4130 on: August 20, 2016, 09:34:55 AM »

Talksport do this constantly. Will say something completely ridiculous to poke and prod listeners.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4131 on: August 20, 2016, 10:24:33 AM »
Our new chairman has a few words for the fans, main points being that the famous old stadium got a new lick of paint so don't mention stadium expansion for the foreseeable future.
Getting in new players has been hard but we are not going to pay the going rate for said players.
Selling players is quite easy as other clubs are willing to match our valuation(see you johnny).
Be thankful to your new owners who have bought you a beer and a scarf as that's all the money there willing to spend at the minute.
So jump up and down every time you see a China man as he could be an investor.
Coyciamlomwloata that means com on you Chinese investors and make loads of money with little outlay at the Albion.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4132 on: August 20, 2016, 02:51:59 PM »
I haven't seen the programme myself, but Matt Wilson of the E & S says that Peace has written in it saying that transfer of ownership should complete in October and will take on a consultancy role after that. One wonders exactly what his role is at present, given that Williams is on board?

Source: Express & Star

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4133 on: August 20, 2016, 02:59:02 PM »
In what way is money CLEARLY available?   Nothing clear about it at present.

Chester was apparently £6m plus add-ons.  The Schlupp offer was apparently £8m plus add-ons. Not a big difference.

You are splitting hairs.  A day or two in terms of timing is neither here nor there.  We could have committed to pay Sakho for £16m, knowing that we could cover it by selling Berahino straight away for at least that amount.

I rest my case.

Looks like I wasn't far wrong

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4134 on: August 20, 2016, 04:50:01 PM »
Wonder what he is thinking on today's performance so far?

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4135 on: August 20, 2016, 05:07:07 PM »
Wonder what he is thinking on today's performance so far?
get me the Peking duck out of here

baggie_liam

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4136 on: August 20, 2016, 06:06:33 PM »
Atleast he'll realise how much money it's going to cost him to dig us out of a hole! This squad can't go another season!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4137 on: August 20, 2016, 06:31:58 PM »

Looks like I wasn't far wrong

In what way?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4138 on: August 20, 2016, 06:34:22 PM »
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4139 on: August 20, 2016, 06:38:37 PM »
In no way whatsoever  ;D

In the way that we are only going to be buying players if we manage to sell players, in case the deal doesn't go through. 

Something very fishy is going on.  Deal apparently agreed in June, yet won't be approved until October.  No other sales of clubs to foreign owners are taking 4 months.  It doesn't stack up.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4140 on: August 20, 2016, 06:46:54 PM »
In the way that we are only going to be buying players if we manage to sell players, in case the deal doesn't go through. 

Something very fishy is going on.  Deal apparently agreed in June, yet won't be approved until October.  No other sales of clubs to foreign owners are taking 4 months.  It doesn't stack up.

Yes we are intentionally hamstringing ourselves Mulder...
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4141 on: August 20, 2016, 06:50:56 PM »

I'll say it again.

All this starting the season with such a poor threadbare squad and now Pulis talking as though ' he's hoping he'll be given money' is just irresponsible by both the outgoing and the incoming owners.

Only us could have this kind of mess and little to look forward to when, for most clubs , at least the fans get some positives from a new era and dare to dream.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4142 on: August 20, 2016, 07:06:39 PM »
Is there a chance Lai could say "y'know what I think I have made a mistake, think I'll leave it"?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4143 on: August 20, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »
Yes we are intentionally hamstringing ourselves Mulder...

I never said it was intentional.  But it's the reality. We are in limbo and spending will as a result be very limited.  Peace and Lai cannot risk spending big in case approval isn't forthcoming. 

Sorry that you seem to be struggling to grasp what is so obvious. 

The only way that I can see us buying 5 players is if we sell Evans.  Otherwise it will quite possibly be only 3 in, with Berahino being sold.

Anyway, we'll find out in 11 days time. 

I genuinely hope you are right and I'm wrong.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4144 on: August 20, 2016, 07:28:12 PM »

Just a  negotiating tactic perhaps, suppose the beginning of October is a worst case scenario that is designed to reduce  any selling clubs expectations of the Baggies ability to pay higher transfer fees ;)

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4145 on: August 20, 2016, 07:46:10 PM »
Just a  negotiating tactic perhaps, suppose the beginning of October is a worst case scenario that is designed to reduce  any selling clubs expectations of the Baggies ability to pay higher transfer fees ;)

May well be correct

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4146 on: August 20, 2016, 07:48:10 PM »
I never said it was intentional.  But it's the reality. We are in limbo and spending will as a result be very limited.  Peace and Lai cannot risk spending big in case approval isn't forthcoming. 

Sorry that you seem to be struggling to grasp what is so obvious. 

The only way that I can see us buying 5 players is if we sell Evans.  Otherwise it will quite possibly be only 3 in, with Berahino being sold.

Anyway, we'll find out in 11 days time. 

I genuinely hope you are right and I'm wrong.

Why couldn't Lai buy say £100 million of equity in WBA, which together with the £200 million of existing equity would make the club worth £300 million?

In any event, Lai is buying WBA as a going concern, so this window would have been budgeted for anyway, & if me and you can guess that player values would increase with the new TV money, you can bet your bottom dollar, that people who are payed a lot of money to know would. AND would have made contingency plans.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4147 on: August 20, 2016, 09:09:36 PM »
You're posts never cease to amaze me. Any facts to share?
one glaring fact no new signings on the horizon

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4148 on: August 20, 2016, 09:22:05 PM »
Why couldn't Lai buy say £100 million of equity in WBA, which together with the £200 million of existing equity would make the club worth £300 million?

In any event, Lai is buying WBA as a going concern, so this window would have been budgeted for anyway, & if me and you can guess that player values would increase with the new TV money, you can bet your bottom dollar, that people who are payed a lot of money to know would. AND would have made contingency plans.

What the club is worth is irrelevant. It's available cash which is the key.  Lai is paying close to £200m to buy the equity - why would he pay an extra £100m?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4149 on: August 20, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »
What the club is worth is irrelevant. It's available cash which is the key.  Lai is paying close to £200m to buy the equity - why would he pay an extra £100m?

Wouldn't that give the his club an extra £100 million of cash? to spend on players - which is what fans want?

Cash shortage aint the problem, availability of players is.