Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369560 times)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4100 on: August 19, 2016, 12:48:01 AM »
No, you are not to assume any such thing.  Did I suggest that?  No I did not.  I was referring to the injection of EXTRA cash to help fund a spending spree.  Please do keep up with the programme.

You know as well as I do that a £16m outlay on Sakho would have triggered an immediate sale of Berahino.  You also know that we have already sold Chester - that's what would have funded Schlupp, but the price kept going up, and we then slowed down. That money from Chester is obviously still available.

What I said was that we are currently restricted to buying players on a matched basis with players being sold.  Everything that is (not) going on supports that.

We aren't, money is clearly available. The club doesn't have to spend profit it can spend turnover, which in turn affects profit. We got about £6 million for Chester. Not enough to fund the Schlupp offer....

Moreover in your example, how could we pay West Ham before we'd sold Berahino, it would have to be the other way round...?
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4101 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:37 AM »
We aren't, money is clearly available. The club doesn't have to spend profit it can spend turnover, which in turn affects profit. We got about £6 million for Chester. Not enough to fund the Schlupp offer....

Moreover in your example, how could we pay West Ham before we'd sold Berahino, it would have to be the other way round...?

In what way is money CLEARLY available?   Nothing clear about it at present.

Chester was apparently £6m plus add-ons.  The Schlupp offer was apparently £8m plus add-ons. Not a big difference.

You are splitting hairs.  A day or two in terms of timing is neither here nor there.  We could have committed to pay Sakho for £16m, knowing that we could cover it by selling Berahino straight away for at least that amount.

I rest my case. 

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4102 on: August 19, 2016, 01:34:51 AM »
Will the new owner get a good reception at the ground on Saturday? And does anyone know the Chinese for any chance of spending some money in transfer market, could get chant going

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4103 on: August 19, 2016, 03:20:23 AM »
In what way is money CLEARLY available?   Nothing clear about it at present.

Chester was apparently £6m plus add-ons.  The Schlupp offer was apparently £8m plus add-ons. Not a big difference.

You are splitting hairs.  A day or two in terms of timing is neither here nor there.  We could have committed to pay Sakho for £16m, knowing that we could cover it by selling Berahino straight away for at least that amount.

I rest my case.

How is this discussing still at this point?

Businesses (and yes we are one) are sold all the time, money does not just disappear. We would have considerable funds in the bank as well as a solid line of credit. There is nothing at all but pure speculation being passed as fact that we have to wait before we can spend. If our cash flow was that desperate we would be struggling to match our 5 million pounds a month wage bill.

The evidence on show (the bids for Slimani, Schlupp and Sakho) does not suggest we are waiting to sell. It suggests we are bidding, but not completing deals.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4104 on: August 19, 2016, 07:11:45 AM »
How is this discussing still at this point?

Businesses (and yes we are one) are sold all the time, money does not just disappear. We would have considerable funds in the bank as well as a solid line of credit. There is nothing at all but pure speculation being passed as fact that we have to wait before we can spend. If our cash flow was that desperate we would be struggling to match our 5 million pounds a month wage bill.

The evidence on show (the bids for Slimani, Schlupp and Sakho) does not suggest we are waiting to sell. It suggests we are bidding, but not completing deals.

Has it occurred to you that our cash flow for salaries is well covered by our existing budget but that cash flow for additional signings isn't actually there yet?  Suddenly finding an extra £20m to £30m for signing 5 new players without player sales is not straightforward if neither the incoming owner or the outgoing owner are in a position to cover it. 

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4105 on: August 19, 2016, 08:24:06 AM »
Has it occurred to you that our cash flow for salaries is well covered by our existing budget but that cash flow for additional signings isn't actually there yet?  Suddenly finding an extra £20m to £30m for signing 5 new players without player sales is not straightforward if neither the incoming owner or the outgoing owner are in a position to cover it.

Not wishing to interject on a lovers quarrel, but do you seriously think that JP would not have forseen the scenario you describe?

Time after time JP has declared his wish for the change in ownership to be in the absolute best interests of the football club, it looks as though he has delivered that.

It's a scientific & geographical fact that the higher you go, the more rarefied the atmosphere becomes. In the same way, the options for quality of player we are after now, becomes less, which in turn makes negotiations that more difficult. IMO it's that which is causing the delay, rather than any financial anomoly.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4106 on: August 19, 2016, 08:31:48 AM »
Not wishing to interject on a lovers quarrel, but do you seriously think that JP would not have forseen the scenario you describe?

Time after time JP has declared his wish for the change in ownership to be in the absolute best interests of the football club, it looks as though he has delivered that.

It's a scientific & geographical fact that the higher you go, the more rarefied the atmosphere becomes. In the same way, the options for quality of player we are after now, becomes less, which in turn makes negotiations that more difficult. IMO it's that which is causing the delay, rather than any financial anomoly.

I respect your opinion.  You may well be right.  I'm sticking with my opinion though.  I don't think anybody anticipated the current regulatory delay. 

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4107 on: August 19, 2016, 10:45:20 AM »
Still hoping Mr Lai will greet the fans tomorrow with a marquee signing at his side.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4108 on: August 19, 2016, 10:48:17 AM »
Still hoping Mr Lai will greet the fans tomorrow with a marquee signing at his side.

Great, I can see it now.

We need new players and he walks out with a fkn tent in his hand  :)  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4109 on: August 19, 2016, 10:59:51 AM »
Great, I can see it now.

Spilling was never my finest subject :o
by the way you aren't Mr smith from Churchfield's comprehensive me old English teacher are you.  ;)

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4110 on: August 19, 2016, 11:14:18 AM »
Great, I can see it now.

New signing for the fanzone?

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4111 on: August 19, 2016, 11:15:54 AM »
A pint of Carling in his hand.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4112 on: August 19, 2016, 11:17:35 AM »
whats the weather for tomorrow, is it going to rain on his parade
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4113 on: August 19, 2016, 11:20:44 AM »
whats the weather for tomorrow, is it going to rain on his parade
Windy and wet.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4114 on: August 19, 2016, 11:31:32 AM »
Windy and wet.

That marquee will come in handy then...... ;D
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4115 on: August 19, 2016, 11:42:48 AM »
That marquee will come in handy then...... ;D

...... when he 'pitches' up......

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4116 on: August 19, 2016, 01:06:44 PM »
...... when he 'pitches' up......

I'm glad to have brightened up your dad & skyclad99 to.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4117 on: August 19, 2016, 01:08:53 PM »
Great, I can see it now.

Fantastic, can we have a spelling correction thread, been waiting for this for ages "Baggiejohn" O level English Language  ;D
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4118 on: August 19, 2016, 01:44:33 PM »
I'm glad to have brightened up your dad & skyclad99 to.

Thank you very much Geoff and please accept my apologies for any upset caused  :) .

kendover

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4119 on: August 19, 2016, 01:56:22 PM »
Assume that until authorised by FA etc the club is still owned and run by Peace.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4120 on: August 19, 2016, 02:17:20 PM »
Pulis's comments today suggest that your interpretation is incorrect: "The situation with the takeover is the chairman is still the major shareholder but it’s just a matter of time until it’s completed. The Chinese are over for tomorrow’s game and as far as I’m concerned it’s absolutely full steam ahead."

When he was asked if that wait for approval was stalling any transfer business, Pulis said: "No, not at all. We’re working hard behind the scenes and hoping to bring in the players we want. It takes a bit of time but we’’ll do our business very quietly and try and do signings without anyone knowing. It takes time, we’ve got another 10 days, plenty of time."

Source: Express & Star

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4121 on: August 19, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »
Thank you very much Geoff and please accept my apologies for any upset caused  :) .

Likewise Geoff, spelling is not my strongest point either. I knew what you meant but SmethDan just cracked me up....its just the image it conjured up.

No offence intended and thank you for making me laugh.........there aren't too many of those on this site at the moment
MAGA!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4122 on: August 19, 2016, 02:27:29 PM »
Likewise Geoff, spelling is not my strongest point either. I knew what you meant but SmethDan just cracked me up....its just the image it conjured up.
I'm not sure why people have picked Geoff up for it, as his use of "marquee signing" was correct both in terms of meaning and spelling!

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4123 on: August 19, 2016, 02:40:59 PM »
I'm not sure why people have picked Geoff up for it, as his use of "marquee signing" was correct both in terms of meaning and spelling!

;D You must have cheated or was it was it just luck has Mr Smith would have said & 10 out of 10

And lads no prob.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4124 on: August 19, 2016, 03:32:05 PM »

Pretty sure it was to lighten the mood...  The first suggestion of misspelling came from Geoff himself.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.