Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369589 times)

BB74

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #4050 on: August 13, 2016, 06:21:23 PM »
3 points closer to the magic 40 so the owner can sleep a little easier tonight.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4051 on: August 13, 2016, 06:28:41 PM »
I really hope he doesn't open a Tw@tter account to celebrate like the dick down the road ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4052 on: August 13, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »
I really hope he doesn't open a Tw@tter account to celebrate like the dick down the road ;) .
like to see him open his wallet before deadline day though

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4053 on: August 13, 2016, 07:30:11 PM »
The free scarves went down a treat today and helped the atmosphere

What an idea , inspirational if you ask me
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4054 on: August 13, 2016, 08:15:32 PM »
The free scarves went down a treat today and helped the atmosphere

The free beer will go down even better next week!  ;D

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4055 on: August 13, 2016, 08:18:00 PM »
The free beer will go down even better next week!  ;D

It will choke some if we loose

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4056 on: August 14, 2016, 12:16:37 PM »
Anyone know what the hold up is .Is it our end or the Chinese end,seems strange but I know nowt about business.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4057 on: August 14, 2016, 12:47:53 PM »
No holds by what I can see the fit and proper checks normally take a while. I think you will find it took swans, Everton and the 2 Dingles a few weeks before it was ratified.

fosse

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4058 on: August 14, 2016, 01:14:47 PM »
on the vip feed yesterday they said it could be october before its done and dusted. :-[

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4059 on: August 14, 2016, 03:34:29 PM »
on the vip feed yesterday they said it could be october before its done and dusted. :-[

They know even less than I do :D

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4060 on: August 14, 2016, 05:02:10 PM »
I thought ours was done in june.What is it that is taking so long.Is it going to have an impact on transfers.After searching for a buyer I would personally not want it to fail at this stage.This t/over is taking longer than our transfers do.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4061 on: August 14, 2016, 05:12:43 PM »
I'm no expert but it isn't like going to the shop and paying for something at checkout. It isn't even like buying a house.

The deal between the buyers and Peace was agreed in June. There was paperwork to be done in China which caused a delay.

We now have to wait for the FA to do their checks about fit and proper ownership. The fact that Mr Lai is giving out free scarves and beer suggests this isn't interfering with the running of the club, plus John Williams is already Chairman and Pulis has said he is trying to push deals through.

Maybe not all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed until October, but I doubt it's affecting us now it's all in the open
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 05:24:37 PM by MarkW »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4062 on: August 14, 2016, 05:21:24 PM »
Thanks for the reassurance.Never thought I would ever see a t/over in my lifetime.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #4063 on: August 14, 2016, 09:08:42 PM »
And look at the fit and proper persons test

If some of those basket cases at Portsmouth, Vincent Tan and Massimo Cellino can pass the test I'm sure Lai will be able to as well.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4064 on: August 18, 2016, 11:03:01 AM »
does anyone think when settled we will see some financial investment clout

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #4065 on: August 18, 2016, 11:04:53 AM »

I'm hoping for an element of the 3 midlands teams fighting for supremacy.

I picture all 3 chinese owners in one room declaring who has the better team, and thus money suddenly starts to flow....

But in all seriousness, I think we will spend more money in January than in this summer

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4066 on: August 18, 2016, 11:07:46 AM »

I actually think so WBA, I am hoping that the new Chairman is assessing the situation and will report to Mr Lai about his considerable investment, and appropriate events will take place to develop his 'interest' into the product that he wants.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 04:43:36 PM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4067 on: August 18, 2016, 11:24:46 AM »
What a market he will have over in China, when sale official the only chineese premier league owner. show us some wonga

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4068 on: August 18, 2016, 04:36:10 PM »
Is this guy looking to sell us for parts?
Cash in on the parachute payments and see us dredged out in League One in a few years?

I only ask, because why would anyone come in and spend 150 million to buy a team and then do nothing with it?
The difference in what Aston Villa sold for and what we sold for is massive and that is mainly because of the league were are in. Peace sells up, doesn't get his hands dirty and passes to a foreigner to just come in and sell the pieces.

Now I know it is not going to happen, and I am saying it just a bit as a stir... But financially I suspect it is likely it makes sense.

With the TV funds running through this year + parachute payments and say 80 - 100 million or so worth of players that could be sold.

(23 for Berahino, 25 for Rondon and 18 for Evans alone)

Then I suspect that whilst very very improbable, it surely cannot be 100% impossible (only 99.999%) .

Anyway it isn't going to happen, I just showing a bit of frustration at us not signing anyone at all  :P

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4069 on: August 18, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »
Cash in on the parachute payments and see us dredged out in League One in a few years?

I only ask, because why would anyone come in and spend 150 million to buy a team and then do nothing with it?
The difference in what Aston Villa sold for and what we sold for is massive and that is mainly because of the league were are in. Peace sells up, doesn't get his hands dirty and passes to a foreigner to just come in and sell the pieces.

Now I know it is not going to happen, and I am saying it just a bit as a stir... But financially I suspect it is likely it makes sense.

With the TV funds running through this year + parachute payments and say 80 - 100 million or so worth of players that could be sold.

Then I suspect that whilst very very improbable, it surely cannot be 100% impossible (only 99.999%) .

Anyway it isn't going to happen, I just showing a bit of frustration at us not signing anyone at all  :P
It's not that daft an idea, if I had the money, right now is a great time to but a club like ours , he's paid 150m ish, he sells Berra ,Evans,Rondon for around 45m spends 15-20 on replacements and loans and pockets the to money giving tone 4m if he keeps us up , if he does he pockets more to money if not he sells at 95m
Don't think this is what will happen but you never know?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #4070 on: August 18, 2016, 06:21:24 PM »
Surely JP wouldnt have sold to an asset stripper

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4071 on: August 18, 2016, 06:25:53 PM »
If anyone is listening to the WM phone In you'd think we had been relegated already. Villa and wolves according to the presenter have done a wonderful job getting players in and telling the world how big they are going to be. So much negativity around about our takeover on this station. I admit I'll be worried if we don't get three or four in by the end of August but has anyone been listening to the phone in? It's like they are trying to cause trouble and wind fans up

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4072 on: August 18, 2016, 06:48:44 PM »
If anyone is listening to the WM phone In you'd think we had been relegated already. Villa and wolves according to the presenter have done a wonderful job getting players in and telling the world how big they are going to be. So much negativity around about our takeover on this station. I admit I'll be worried if we don't get three or four in by the end of August but has anyone been listening to the phone in? It's like they are trying to cause trouble and wind fans up
They do try and wind fans up. They like to create controversy. The presenters have been banging on about Pulis leaving if he didn't get what he wanted from Peace all last season and he has continued with that line this season. Also WM keep going on about that the  new owners are not telling us what their vision is for the club. I thought the new owner had made it clear in his statement on the WBA website that it was business as usual and with steady progress aiming for the top half of the premier league. But they don't like this. They want the club to shout their mouth off and then to shoot them down when they don't deliver.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4073 on: August 18, 2016, 06:50:44 PM »
Surely JP wouldnt have sold to an asset stripper

Depends if the asset stripper was the highest bidder or not...!
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4074 on: August 18, 2016, 06:55:08 PM »

The takeover hasn't yet been cleared by the relevant authorities.  That's why everything is dragging
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 06:58:10 PM by OldburyWBA »