Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369608 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3675 on: August 05, 2016, 08:37:49 AM »
Thanks for the kind words.

Regardless of what people think of him, sacking Pulis now would be a distater for us, especially with the squad we have.

I cant see any major changes happening to be fair.

All every fan wants to know is, exactly how much is he worth  :D

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3676 on: August 05, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »
Maybe 2 or 3 is just a figure of speech, a bit like saying some players? Even if it is only 2 or 3 who's to say we won't bring in some in January?

Changing manager this late in preseason would be a disaster in the making in my opinion.

Agree on the manager, no point whatsoever rocking the boat now. I just hope this is more a serious investment than a Blues situation.

I like his opening statement though. Not saying anything stupid about blowing millions and ruling the world.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3677 on: August 05, 2016, 08:41:35 AM »
Haven't the slightest inclination to find out how much our owner is worth. Stinking rich or not, soon as everyone else knows how much we have expect prices to soar.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3678 on: August 05, 2016, 08:44:19 AM »
I don't see loads of cash to be honest. The business market cap is only £1.8bn - that makes it relatively small. And its quarterly profits was only £7m.

Palm was listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 2010 (ticker number 002431) and had a market capitalisation as at 4 August 2016 of RMB15.6billion (GBP1.8billion). In the six months ended 30 June 2016, Palm had revenue of RMB1.45billion (GBP164million) and recorded a profit before tax of RMB60million (GBP7million).

I'd like to be delighted but my brief scan says we've just inherited the Chinese Jeremy Peace....

Wow that was quick you win the first prize.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:59:58 AM by OldburyWBA »

Doobuy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3679 on: August 05, 2016, 08:45:50 AM »
Hopefully he isnt referring to recent playing style when talking about the 'ethos' of the club

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3680 on: August 05, 2016, 08:47:51 AM »
A new era, I'm positive about John Williams and yes Peace being an advisor at least for a while.

As a fan, I want success on the pitch , I'm greedy like that! I'll be watching our actions carefully now - I'd hope for steady progress rather than revolution immediately - that to me means at least four quality players (LB , CM, Striker and left winger ) meaning mid table and a good cup run with a stronger squad.

Good luck to John and Guachan - COYB
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:09:56 AM by darbolina »

MBWBA

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3681 on: August 05, 2016, 08:48:26 AM »
Agree on the manager, no point whatsoever rocking the boat now. I just hope this is more a serious investment than a Blues situation.

I like his opening statement though. Not saying anything stupid about blowing millions and ruling the world.

Agree too on the manager, no point in changing. I think pulis with the players he wants will do well.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 08:50:13 AM by Hull Baggie »

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3682 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:03 AM »
I am pretty pleased with this, I am much more happy with the statement Lai has produced than all that "we'll be champions league in 3 years" rubbish the Dingles and Seals owners have come out with, they all just smack of not knowing anything about football and not having a clue what they're doing.

We were never going to get sold to someone mega rich, besides these days all the money has to come through sponsorship and the like not just the owner bunging you cash willy nilly. If this guy has his head screwed on and we can make the most of the China links we should do very well.

Personally I never had a problem with the way Peace ran the club really, having said that a tiny bit more ambition shown would do wonders I think.
Astle is the King

Sappa

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3683 on: August 05, 2016, 08:49:41 AM »
What I can find is that Guochuan Lai personal worth almost £2BN

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3684 on: August 05, 2016, 08:50:34 AM »
We not as rich as wolves or villa though are we? Are their new owners worth more?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3685 on: August 05, 2016, 08:52:17 AM »
I am pretty pleased with this, I am much more happy with the statement Lai has produced than all that "we'll be champions league in 3 years" rubbish the Dingles and Seals owners have come out with, they all just smack of not knowing anything about football and not having a clue what they're doing.

We were never going to get sold to someone mega rich, besides these days all the money has to come through sponsorship and the like not just the owner bunging you cash willy nilly. If this guy has his head screwed on and we can make the most of the China links we should do very well.

Personally I never had a problem with the way Peace ran the club really, having said that a tiny bit more ambition shown would do wonders I think.

Pretty much how I feel.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3686 on: August 05, 2016, 08:52:45 AM »
We not as rich as wolves or villa though are we? Are their new owners worth more?
why does that matter?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3687 on: August 05, 2016, 08:55:05 AM »
Jeremy Peace is staying on for the 16/17 season in an advisory role good for him and the baggies

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3688 on: August 05, 2016, 08:56:02 AM »

Wolves and Villa have had wealthier owners than us for longer than I can remember, how has that gone for them so far?
Astle is the King

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3689 on: August 05, 2016, 08:56:11 AM »
Who gives a dam about what they are worth.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3690 on: August 05, 2016, 08:59:07 AM »
Well this is great news to wake up to on my birthday!! Best pressie.

I'd like to acknowledge Jeremy Peace and how he turned around the club and stabilised us as a Premier League club. Hopefully we can now move forward and do some decent business between now and deadline day.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3691 on: August 05, 2016, 09:01:12 AM »
Hopefully the longer term plan is that our brand growth in China will lead to more revenue through sponsorship etc which will enable us to be a bit more competitive on the pitch through having a bit more excess spending money than we would likely have continued with, with Peace. A slow but steady growth is hopefully the plan. An evolution, not revolution, approach. I think most Albion fans would be happy with this.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3692 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:00 AM »
Bit disappointed... But it's still a big improvement I suppose.
Worrying that some saying he's a tight man and saying he's the Chinese version of JP :(
But suppose he's got his head screwed on more than the new owners of wolves and villa. And suppose slow, gradual changes are better than drastic, big changes.

But if he was behind recent bids, it hasn't gone too well so far
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:27:47 AM by MarkW »

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3693 on: August 05, 2016, 09:02:23 AM »

The owners of QPR are/were richer than many other clubs when they took control, but that didn't work out too well did it?
MAGA!

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3694 on: August 05, 2016, 09:05:02 AM »
Will there be a renaming of the ground or a stand?

True what you guys say. I can imagine the villa and wolves fans gloating that they bigger/richer teams than us though.... If only money wise
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:29:07 AM by MarkW »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3695 on: August 05, 2016, 09:06:08 AM »
Good outcome, I think. No nonsense about being "World Champions" in the next 5 minutes, just a respectful reference to the ethos of the club and a wish for steady growth, with realistic goals.
Get a few decent players in and play a bit of decent football, with or without Pulis, and this will do for me.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3696 on: August 05, 2016, 09:06:44 AM »
In terms of wealth in the Premier league have we climbed the league table
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3697 on: August 05, 2016, 09:07:40 AM »
I was also asking as I'm not sure what villa or wolves new owners are worth.
I'm guessing villa new owners worth about the same?

When wanda was rumoured to be buying us, there was lots bragging about how much more wealthier we will be than villa and wolves.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2016, 09:29:32 AM by MarkW »

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3699 on: August 05, 2016, 09:09:25 AM »
Hopefully the longer term plan is that our brand growth in China will lead to more revenue through sponsorship etc which will enable us to be a bit more competitive on the pitch through having a bit more excess spending money than we would likely have continued with, with Peace. A slow but steady growth is hopefully the plan. An evolution, not revolution, approach. I think most Albion fans would be happy with this.

Spot on mukka, from acorns grow mighty oaks.

Welcome  Guochuan Lai