Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369692 times)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3600 on: August 04, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »
Official Takeover Thread ????

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3601 on: August 04, 2016, 01:40:15 PM »
Beat me to it baggyman 68

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3602 on: August 04, 2016, 01:49:00 PM »
Official Takeover Thread ????

Totally agree, if folk cannot stick to the topic then maybe we will have to lock the thread until something happens one way or the other.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

we8seals

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3603 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:18 PM »
Totally agree, if folk cannot stick to the topic then maybe we will have to lock the thread until something happens one way or the other.

may as well throw away the key!  :D

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3604 on: August 04, 2016, 02:11:02 PM »
I just give up on it all.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3605 on: August 04, 2016, 03:05:53 PM »
I just give up on it all.

Maybe we should have an "unofficial" takeover thread  :D
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3606 on: August 04, 2016, 03:12:12 PM »
All a bit of a yawn at the moment.
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3607 on: August 04, 2016, 03:50:57 PM »
Have we explored the links between the potential takeover and the Sakho deal being cancelled? That ought to keep a few of you busy for an hour or so.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3608 on: August 04, 2016, 05:11:26 PM »
Have we explored the links between the potential takeover and the Sakho deal being cancelled? That ought to keep a few of you busy for an hour or so.

You mean like people saying it failed because new owners pulled out and JP didn't want to pay out that much himself?
Or maybe it failed, because new owners said to cancel the bid as they are willing to pay more for a better player?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3609 on: August 04, 2016, 05:15:31 PM »
So we got more money than this time last year, a smaller squad, take over rumours still lingering... And 4 weeks left of transfer window.... And a lot more unhappy fans. Plus a manager who don't know if he staying or going, a chairman who wants to leave, and our most expensive player left in limbo and runs risk of having him leave for free next season.
Something needs to be done very soon, to help lift the place/fans
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 05:17:42 PM by Zebidee »

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3610 on: August 04, 2016, 05:25:28 PM »
Hi Zebidee   just think if some ITK people are correct things will be changing shortly and if things don't change there`s worse going on in the world so just smile and carry on

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3611 on: August 04, 2016, 05:51:10 PM »
If things are to be believed, then tomorrow will be the day we find out if we are eating beef steaks or Bear Stew next season.

Still no sign of any statement from the club, so i remain doubtful.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3612 on: August 04, 2016, 06:05:33 PM »
One day all these ITK's will be right .today ,tomorrow ,next week , end of next month . And when or if it  happens it will be I told you .  I'm not knocking but if you know something like an actual date , a name or someone then spill . And put all of us suffering fans out of our misery Thanks !

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3613 on: August 04, 2016, 06:13:08 PM »
So we got more money than this time last year, a smaller squad, take over rumours still lingering... And 4 weeks left of transfer window.... And a lot more unhappy fans. Plus a manager who don't know if he staying or going, a chairman who wants to leave, and our most expensive player left in limbo and runs risk of having him leave for free next season.

Sorry I must have missed the part where Pulis doesnt know if he wants to be here...

Also JP doesnt necessarily want to leave, he just wants to sell to further the club, if any takeover doesnt happen JP is more than happy to continue as far as I can see

Where do people get their ideas from??

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3614 on: August 04, 2016, 07:07:16 PM »
Sorry I must have missed the part where Pulis doesnt know if he wants to be here...

Also JP doesnt necessarily want to leave, he just wants to sell to further the club, if any takeover doesnt happen JP is more than happy to continue as far as I can see

Too much spare time, vivid imagination, conspiracy theory, computer games, facebook, twaddle, wanting to know everything now, entitlement, PC shall I go on

shortybaggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3615 on: August 04, 2016, 07:35:07 PM »

With TP, I think he meant the one year remaining on his contract
Nothing like a bit of doom and gloon

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #3616 on: August 04, 2016, 07:53:10 PM »
Can we just close the thread already. Then open it once we hear anything.

You'll be saving me a lot of time  :D

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3617 on: August 04, 2016, 08:34:13 PM »

Yes, you must have. It was in the E&S and Pulis said he hadn't discussed a new contract because things were happening at the club and he was uncertain of his future.
But it was in the E&S, not a very reliable paper, they only talk about Wolves takeover and signings and nothing at all about our takeover and signings.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3618 on: August 04, 2016, 08:41:56 PM »
Yes, you must have. It was in the E&S and Pulis said he hadn't discussed a new contract because things were happening at the club and he was uncertain of his future.
But it was in the E&S, not a very reliable paper, they only talk about Wolves takeover and signings and nothing at all about our takeover and signings.

Ha what takeover and signings  ;)

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3619 on: August 04, 2016, 09:09:09 PM »

uncertain of his future because no contract had been discussed does not equate to he doesnt know if he wants to be here or not

And yes its the E&S, not reliable, not the media outlet i would also logon to online either so wouldnt see any story they print and its not readily available in Cornwall.

E&S only ever talks about Wolves, always has from what I remember. They probably don't mention our takeover because they know as much about it as us

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3620 on: August 04, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
uncertain of his future because no contract had been discussed does not equate to he doesnt know if he wants to be here or not

And yes its the E&S, not reliable, not the media outlet i would also logon to online either so wouldnt see any story they print and its not readily available in Cornwall.

E&S only ever talks about Wolves, always has from what I remember. They probably don't mention our takeover because they know as much about it as us

Actually the local news media have reversed, Matt Wilson of the E & S has a pretty balanced view, the Evening Mail are so sensationalist now, it's just not worth reading their opinions.

All talk about acquisition has come from the Media. Apart from TP's comments about, "there's a lot going on at the club" which has been interpreted by the media as acquisition related, the club have said nothing
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3621 on: August 04, 2016, 10:17:34 PM »
Well I meant that I read that TP hasn't signed contract and when asked about it, he didn't say other than club are having talks about other things. So I took this that TP doesn't know if he's extending his contract or seeing it out or leaving.
Maybe I misinterpreted the info on here and other sites.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3622 on: August 04, 2016, 10:19:04 PM »

That's what I was referring to, thank you

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3623 on: August 04, 2016, 10:44:02 PM »

Spot on post!

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3624 on: August 04, 2016, 11:06:24 PM »

Fans unhappy with the takeover blackout have nobody to blame but themselves. Most other people can use common sense to see why there'd be no information being bandied around willy nilly.

Probably the same folk who think Peace will take money out of the club too.