Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369729 times)

bry

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3550 on: August 03, 2016, 09:46:02 PM »
Anyone think the new owners might want to announce new signings at the same time as the club take over, and  that is prolonging the issue?

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3551 on: August 03, 2016, 09:49:30 PM »
Anyone think the new owners might want to announce new signings at the same time as the club take over, and  that is prolonging the issue?
. Nice one good call . Could well be it would be a good coupe for new owners

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3552 on: August 03, 2016, 10:29:21 PM »
I think what people need to be careful with is that people are not buying us beacuse they want west bromwich Albion to win football matches.. There here for profit and there gain and nothing else. Sometimes we lose sight of this fact.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3553 on: August 03, 2016, 10:39:15 PM »
I think what people need to be careful with is that people are not buying us beacuse they want west bromwich Albion to win football matches.. There here for profit and there gain and nothing else. Sometimes we lose sight of this fact.

Not being funny mate, but if I'd spent between £150 & £200 million on a football club, I'd want to make a profit & win matches. What I wouldn't be quite so bothered about is the style we adopted to do it
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3554 on: August 03, 2016, 11:04:44 PM »
I agree BJ... Winning teams make money through sponsorship, gates, TV revenue. It is what people invest for.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3555 on: August 03, 2016, 11:20:27 PM »
So all gone very quiet on the #takeoverofwba hmm

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3556 on: August 03, 2016, 11:44:31 PM »
I agree BJ... Winning teams make money through sponsorship, gates, TV revenue. It is what people invest for.

Style of play was widely touted as being a factor in the Swansea sale. Just saying.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3557 on: August 03, 2016, 11:45:20 PM »
Got a feeling the winds of the last few days have blown a number of WUM's onto this site. Strange really. I was having a look over on Mol Mix the other day and there was a thread highlighting our very own Dingle thread. There was something of a conspiracy theory going on regard the amount of newbies on their site and a suggestion they were Baggies in disguise. Low and behold we have an influx of new members. Funny that.........
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3558 on: August 04, 2016, 05:53:59 AM »
New members or not if we haven't heard anything by Friday we can hang the Bear Stew sign out again.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3559 on: August 04, 2016, 08:21:51 AM »
New members or not if we haven't heard anything by Friday we can hang the Bear Stew sign out again.

Why Friday?

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3560 on: August 04, 2016, 09:42:57 AM »
The spending pattern and slow recruitment suggests nothing is changing.
If money was being injected, player recruitment would have been positive for once.
The clubs behavior in the market is the same, and the look of plugging gaps more than a vision.
By the way tomorrow never comes, and im ready for paint drying season the second.
COYB

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3561 on: August 04, 2016, 09:46:15 AM »
If money was being injected, player recruitment would have been positive for once.
The clubs behavior in the market is the same, and the look of plugging gaps more than a vision.
By the way tomorrow never comes, and im ready for paint drying season the second.
COYB

We're about to make our record signing with Sakho and it's hardly our fault if Leicester and Leeds are playing hardball with players we've targetted?

What do you suggest we do?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3562 on: August 04, 2016, 09:51:32 AM »
We're about to make our record signing with Sakho and it's hardly our fault if Leicester and Leeds are playing hardball with players we've targetted?

What do you suggest we do?

I suggest we have a better scouting system, a more proactive recruitment team and a more professional PR team that communicate with the fans.
This transfer inactivity is pathetic, it happens every bloody year! We may or may not be about to break our transfer spend but if it happens it will be followed by our record transfer sale.
People have the right to show concern.

palmaroy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3563 on: August 04, 2016, 09:52:29 AM »
I'm going with the Sacko announcement is going to be linked with a takeover announcement.It would be a big statement and the football world would take notice.
Just wishful thinking or too much to drink last night

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3564 on: August 04, 2016, 09:54:12 AM »
Formulate a plan early then execute quickly
Have a plan b to go to
Get off their fat ariss and do something positive rather wait for it to happen
Make it look like the club knows whats doing Bid, agree terms and have a team ready for the medical its called professionalism.
By the way we always have a major money signing each year Brown then Rondon for examples

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3565 on: August 04, 2016, 10:02:07 AM »
I suggest we have a better scouting system, a more proactive recruitment team and a more professional PR team that communicate with the fans.
This transfer inactivity is pathetic, it happens every bloody year! We may or may not be about to break our transfer spend but if it happens it will be followed by our record transfer sale.

but we aren't inactive in the transfer market are we. We've signed one,  have another having a medical, we've had bids turned down and I'm sure there is plenty going on behind the scenes. This year just seems to be a strange year for every club around our level with hardly any sides getting players in, it's not just us..maybe there's a reason for that?

Our record sale will I'm sure start the ball rolling for more players coming in.

Maybe the protracted takeover is holding things up a tad I don't know but we are at least trying to get players in.

BaggieVN

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3566 on: August 04, 2016, 10:03:16 AM »
COYB

Completely disagree. This feels like the first window we've had in a long time where the club is focused on buying genuine quality rather than just buying people like Sessegnon or Anichebe because they're available last minute and we need more players. Over the past three seasons we've wasted a lot of money and there's an obvious determination not to make this mistake again.

The club has also done its best to avoid the press getting wind of things going on behind the scenes. So just because one new addition is about to become two, doesn't mean that that's all we're focusing on.

By the end of the transfer window I think we'll have four or five new players in place, all of them quality.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3567 on: August 04, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
Only seem inactive in the transfer market because the club don't make any official comments all of our news comes from elsewhere, there will be plenty going on behind the scenes but we are one of the few clubs that manage to keep most of our deals under wraps until virtually done.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3568 on: August 04, 2016, 10:04:46 AM »

Right. So what's should this more professional PR team do?

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3569 on: August 04, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »
Only seem inactive in the transfer market because the club don't make any official comments all of our news comes from elsewhere, there will be plenty going on behind the scenes but we are one of the few clubs that manage to keep most of our deals under wraps until virtually done.
Which is very easy when you dont sign anybody  ;D ;D
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3570 on: August 04, 2016, 10:09:49 AM »
Completely disagree. This feels like the first window we've had in a long time where the club is focused on buying genuine quality rather than just buying people like Sessegnon or Anichebe because they're available last minute and we need more players. Over the past three seasons we've wasted a lot of money and there's an obvious determination not to make this mistake again.

The club has also done its best to avoid the press getting wind of things going on behind the scenes. So just because one new addition is about to become two, doesn't mean that that's all we're focusing on.

By the end of the transfer window I think we'll have four or five new players in place, all of them quality.

Excellent post, nice to see we're attracting more Guardian readers & welcome to the forum, stand by to repel the "Peace is a tardy tight git" brigade though.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3571 on: August 04, 2016, 10:11:04 AM »
Formulate a plan early then execute quickly
Have a plan b to go to
Get off their fat ariss and do something positive rather wait for it to happen
Make it look like the club knows whats doing Bid, agree terms and have a team ready for the medical its called professionalism.
By the way we always have a major money signing each year Brown then Rondon for examples

Surely we are being positive by bidding for players?
We have bid for players, we've signed one and another is having a medical I'd call that profesional.
it's easy to say bid, agree terms etc but transfers aren't that simple are they? It would be easy if we were a bigger club or the clubs we contact about players were willing to sell but sometimes they don't want to sell their better players. Take Schlupp for example Leicester don't seem to want to sell so while we make a better offer we have also identified Taylor for Leeds, who don't want to sell their best player as it will affect their chances of getting promotion...how is any of that the fault of West Bromwich Albion?

So much of the clubs business is done behind closed doors and that's just the way of business.

yes we do have a major money signing every year , good isn't it?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3572 on: August 04, 2016, 10:13:17 AM »
i dont think the sakho signing is anything to do with a takeover, we have a few more quid to spend on the back of TV money, our net spend will be lower than last season me thinks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3573 on: August 04, 2016, 10:16:39 AM »
You am always down Glyn, cheer up me mon. You nor I know what is going on behind the closed doors of the Hawthorns.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

BaggieVN

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3574 on: August 04, 2016, 10:18:26 AM »

Excellent post, nice to see we're attracting more Guardian readers & welcome to the forum, stand by to repel the "Peace is a tardy tight git" brigade though.

Been following the forum for the past four or five years and am well aware of the Peace is a tardy tight got brigade. Makes for interesting reading. Love the Guardian reader comment. :)