Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369529 times)

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3500 on: August 03, 2016, 02:36:03 AM »
Surely if there was going to be an announcement Wednesday or a press conference at 11... Then something would be in the papers about it?

No not the case. In most cases football clubs call press conferences extremely close some times even the same day as a press conference because if it we're to come out days before there's going to be a strong chance that there will be media speculation regarding it. Let's just wait and see

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3501 on: August 03, 2016, 08:05:17 AM »
Got a feeling this is going to be "under the radar" for a while yet, that's if anything is happening at all
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3502 on: August 03, 2016, 08:48:26 AM »
Hey guys,feel a little deflated this morning I felt that things were hotting up regarding the sale,but no news this morning.
Perhaps I was expecting too much today.
The ups and downs of being a baggie eh?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3503 on: August 03, 2016, 09:12:08 AM »
Hey guys,feel a little deflated this morning I felt that things were hotting up regarding the sale,but no news this morning.
Perhaps I was expecting too much today.
The ups and downs of being a baggie eh?

It's only 9am! May not go through yet may not even be today but it appears we're active in the transfer market and looking to land Taylor from Leeds.

The one thing i've learned as a Baggie as a key life skill is this - patience. Have it, and have lots of it!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3504 on: August 03, 2016, 09:23:35 AM »
On the basis that I am getting married later today, I have enough excitement going on for a Wednesday!

On the other hand, if it happened today, it wouldn't be a date I'd ever forget!!
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3505 on: August 03, 2016, 09:39:24 AM »
Many congratulations closely,but hey believe me you won't forget today!
Best wishes for a happy and peaceful marriage.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3506 on: August 03, 2016, 09:42:05 AM »
On the basis that I am getting married later today, I have enough excitement going on for a Wednesday!

On the other hand, if it happened today, it wouldn't be a date I'd ever forget!!

Congratulations - all the very best to you both.

Cantello

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3507 on: August 03, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
All the best for your wedding :)

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3508 on: August 03, 2016, 10:17:59 AM »
Guess the press conference at 11 isn't happening?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3509 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:20 AM »
All this FA doing the fit and proper thing is the reason for the hold up is wrong. Leeds and wolves let it be known they had been taken over and the FA checks were done after I think.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3510 on: August 03, 2016, 10:25:26 AM »

Enjoy your day and your married life, Kidda.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3511 on: August 03, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
All this FA doing the fit and proper thing is the reason for the hold up is wrong. Leeds and wolves let it be known they had been taken over and the FA checks were done after I think.

Eh? What's the reason for the hold up then?

If it's with the FA for checks, we'll announce the takeover when we're done. Leeds announced a takeover early, their Chairman failed the test and that led to massive instability behind the scenes. I'd rather know it's done when we're 100% sure it's completed and no issues, than announce it and then have a huge media sh*t show over an improper owner test.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3512 on: August 03, 2016, 10:43:19 AM »
Guess the press conference at 11 isn't happening?
Don't recall anyone saying there was going to be a press conference at 11?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3513 on: August 03, 2016, 11:06:59 AM »
Eh? What's the reason for the hold up then?

If it's with the FA for checks, we'll announce the takeover when we're done. Leeds announced a takeover early, their Chairman failed the test and that led to massive instability behind the scenes. I'd rather know it's done when we're 100% sure it's completed and no issues, than announce it and then have a huge media sh*t show over an improper owner test.

Perhaps it's not that though, perhaps it's something else? The Brexit fall-out is starting to happen now, & the Chinese economy is taking a nose dive, perhaps it's that?
Or perhaps nobody's made an announcement because there's nothing to announce?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3514 on: August 03, 2016, 11:08:14 AM »
I don't see any panic, news releases etc. as a press release today was based on the assumption by one poster that 3 and 8 are considered to be lucky numbers, hence 3rd August. We might as well assume that the purchaser (if there is one and is they are Chinese) will move the pitch at angle of 23 degrees for feng shui to be in harmony with the river Tame in Sandwell Valley ;D

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3515 on: August 03, 2016, 11:10:28 AM »
Perhaps it's not that though, perhaps it's something else? The Brexit fall-out is starting to happen now, & the Chinese economy is taking a nose dive, perhaps it's that?
Or perhaps nobody's made an announcement because there's nothing to announce?

The latest economic forecasts for CHina predict a 7% growth rate and an improving economy

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3516 on: August 03, 2016, 11:14:32 AM »
I don't see any panic, news releases etc. as a press release today was based on the assumption by one poster that 3 and 8 are considered to be lucky numbers, hence 3rd August. We might as well assume that the purchaser (if there is one and is they are Chinese) will move the pitch at angle of 23 degrees for feng shui to be in harmony with the river Tame in Sandwell Valley ;D

That's where the new ground's going to be. If you look at the geography, you've got the Newton Road, the railway line, the M6 & M5 crossing the tame, & the canal crossing them all.
It's got to be a crossroads of life sign surely?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3517 on: August 03, 2016, 11:22:39 AM »
That's where the new ground's going to be. If you look at the geography, you've got the Newton Road, the railway line, the M6 & M5 crossing the tame, & the canal crossing them all.
It's got to be a crossroads of life sign surely?

Well blow me down with a feather, I knew there was something in it, and I suppose we'll all be able to get there by water another sure sign of harmony (which is more than I can say for our supporters)

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3518 on: August 03, 2016, 03:03:06 PM »

congratulations bab have wonderful day

Baggiegirl81

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3519 on: August 03, 2016, 03:34:34 PM »
I'm new to the forum- today in fact and I've been reading a lot of things about the takeover. I've read through a lot of the comments and I'm still none of the wiser. I guess its a simple case of suck it and see

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3520 on: August 03, 2016, 03:59:26 PM »
I'm new to the forum- today in fact and I've been reading a lot of things about the takeover. I've read through a lot of the comments and I'm still none of the wiser. I guess its a simple case of suck it and see
Welcome to the forum!

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3521 on: August 03, 2016, 04:21:22 PM »
Welcome to the mad house.

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3522 on: August 03, 2016, 04:25:25 PM »
I still cannot see a takeover happening.Its too quiet there is absolutely not a mention of anything.I bet mr peace is laughing his socks off.I really hope im wrong but it gave us all or some of us a couple of weeks of maybe having a fantasy football team.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 04:37:40 PM by MarkW »

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3523 on: August 03, 2016, 04:36:13 PM »
He`s laughing his socks of at you . You were the one who`s reliable contact said it was last week, lets just wait and see, if it happens it happens if not we carry on as usual.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3524 on: August 03, 2016, 04:39:32 PM »
I still cannot see a takeover happening.Its too quiet there is absolutely not a mention of anything.I bet mr peace is laughing his socks off.I really hope im wrong but it gave us all or some of us a couple of weeks of maybe having a fantasy football team.

More reason to think something is going on.

Any West Brom fan by now should know the only things that happen with the club are the things that are kept under wraps til almost 100% completed!