Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369614 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3425 on: August 01, 2016, 09:52:36 AM »
The issue with the wolves takeover is at the moment they look like they don't have a clue what they are doing. Jackett was in and then out.

I'd prefer our lot to not do a thing until they have got a proper plan in place and have met everyone at the club.
Agree, no kneejerk reactions. I'm not a Pulis fan, but to get rid now could spell disaster. The team is set up to play his way and if someone else comes in with a different philosophy (a-la Pepe Mel), it could go dramatically wrong.
Ideally, would like a new coach to come in who is smart enough to transition from the current style to a more attractive one, without too much pain, but that is a big ask.
Either way, the long term cannot involve Pulis for me. If we have genuine ambitions to push on then we need to move on from his one dimensional style.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3426 on: August 01, 2016, 10:00:35 AM »
Agree, no kneejerk reactions. I'm not a Pulis fan, but to get rid now could spell disaster. The team is set up to play his way and if someone else comes in with a different philosophy (a-la Pepe Mel), it could go dramatically wrong.
Ideally, would like a new coach to come in who is smart enough to transition from the current style to a more attractive one, without too much pain, but that is a big ask.
Either way, the long term cannot involve Pulis for me. If we have genuine ambitions to push on then we need to move on from his one dimensional style.

When would be the right time to pull the trigger though? Lets assume Pulis stays and recruits a load more limited 'workhorses'. The next manager / coach will still have a big task to change things around. If we start the season as we finished the last one then I'd be surprised if he sees September out.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3427 on: August 01, 2016, 10:06:22 AM »
The issue with the wolves takeover is at the moment they look like they don't have a clue what they are doing. Jackett was in and then out.

I'd prefer our lot to not do a thing until they have got a proper plan in place and have met everyone at the club.

The "problem" is playing "stuff" out in the public gaze.
Politics  / shenanigens will go on in all businesses, the key is keeping it in-house. Which our current team are very good at doing.
Frustrating for us as fans, but good on a professional basis. IMO.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3428 on: August 01, 2016, 10:49:55 AM »
The "problem" is playing "stuff" out in the public gaze.
Politics  / shenanigens will go on in all businesses, the key is keeping it in-house. Which our current team are very good at doing.
Frustrating for us as fans, but good on a professional basis. IMO.

Totally agree. While we are hungry for information, I do like the fact that for the most part the Albion crew keep a lid on things until the right time.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3429 on: August 01, 2016, 11:41:27 AM »
When would be the right time to pull the trigger though? Lets assume Pulis stays and recruits a load more limited 'workhorses'. The next manager / coach will still have a big task to change things around. If we start the season as we finished the last one then I'd be surprised if he sees September out.
As I said mate, we need a very shrewd dude to follow him, someone who can work with the limited abilities of the squad whilst adding a bit of attacking endeavour. As I said, it's a big ask.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3430 on: August 01, 2016, 11:48:41 AM »
So this deal should be done before start of season anybody????

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3431 on: August 01, 2016, 11:56:06 AM »
As I said mate, we need a very shrewd dude to follow him, someone who can work with the limited abilities of the squad whilst adding a bit of attacking endeavour. As I said, it's a big ask.

Someone with quiet and driven business sense please. Not like Dr. 'Here's me in a villa shirt, we will win the champions league in three seasons' Xia down the road. Just get on with it, make purchases, keep yourself to yourself. No Chinese consortium loves the club as much as us, don't pretend you do.

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3432 on: August 01, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »
Someone with quiet and driven business sense please. Not like Dr. 'Here's me in a villa shirt, we will win the champions league in three seasons' Xia down the road. Just get on with it, make purchases, keep yourself to yourself. No Chinese consortium loves the club as much as us, don't pretend you do.

Or worse still those at the Custard Bowl
According to yesterdays Mail the Wolves owners originally wanted us but went for the cheaper alternative
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 12:15:35 PM by kris_boing »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3433 on: August 01, 2016, 12:20:42 PM »
Or worse still those at the Custard Bowl
According to yesterdays Mail the Wolves owners originally wanted us but went for the cheaper alternative
Why have a nice steak when you can have a scabby burger?
Dodged a bullet I think.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3434 on: August 01, 2016, 12:54:39 PM »
So this deal should be done before start of season anybody????
Should be...... but quite which season we don't know!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3435 on: August 01, 2016, 04:42:43 PM »
Why have a nice steak when you can have a scabby burger?
Dodged a bullet I think.

I think so too, i wouldn't want Mendez and Zenga anywhere near our club.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3436 on: August 01, 2016, 05:40:08 PM »
Totally agree. While we are hungry for information, I do like the fact that for the most part the Albion crew keep a lid on things until the right time.
perhaps there's nothing to keep a lid on, its a possibility that it is just that. a rumour.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3437 on: August 01, 2016, 05:45:37 PM »
perhaps there's nothing to keep a lid on, its a possibility that it is just that. a rumour.

There's been so much in the press and no doubt the Albion have received a ton of messages, they would have said something by now if nothing was up.

Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3438 on: August 01, 2016, 09:14:31 PM »
There's been so much in the press and no doubt the Albion have received a ton of messages, they would have said something by now if nothing was up.

Yeah they would have denied too much backlash otherwise

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3439 on: August 02, 2016, 07:17:09 AM »
Wonder if tomorrow this thread will explode

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3440 on: August 02, 2016, 08:05:48 AM »

Is tomorrow the big day we get our new overlords?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3441 on: August 02, 2016, 08:11:51 AM »
Lets hope it is, a lift is needed especially after last night
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3442 on: August 02, 2016, 09:05:47 AM »

Why is tomorrow significant?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3443 on: August 02, 2016, 09:11:26 AM »
Why is tomorrow significant?

I think a few people have said that ITK posters from other boards have said that tomorrow is a press conference and a few people here said first week of August - I think!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

bigcyrille

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3444 on: August 02, 2016, 10:13:48 AM »
My very reliable source tells me the deal will happen in either the next two weeks or will have to be put off for six months, so keep your fingers crossed.
I have no further info at this time

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3445 on: August 02, 2016, 10:30:16 AM »
My very reliable source tells me the deal will happen in either the next two weeks or will have to be put off for six months, so keep your fingers crossed.

No offence but that is complete nonsense.

baggiebuckster

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3446 on: August 02, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
I know that things are unclear but do we assume that a takeover will occur before the Palace game?

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3447 on: August 02, 2016, 10:36:29 AM »
No offence but that is complete nonsense.

Hugh sigh of Relief. is there another clue in your username BAGGIES38 - i.e. 3rd Aug!
or maybe you are just our lucky ITK omen  ;D

kanu

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3448 on: August 02, 2016, 10:40:36 AM »

No, I don't think so!
Why buy in the middle of a season, and if we're hovering round the bottom by then presumably the deal would be off anyway. JP won't do business on those terms.
With all due respect that doesn't sound like a reliable source.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3449 on: August 02, 2016, 10:43:35 AM »
Hey 38,thanks for your knowledge along the way,im grateful.
I think I remember you saying that the takeover would happen early august,did you mean this week?