Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369590 times)

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3400 on: July 31, 2016, 02:03:24 PM »
I think it's clear to see no one has a scooby doo about what's going on and how close anything is at all.

I agree. Lots of talk from both sides, some say it's off, some say it's early next week. I choose to think no one really has much of an idea and it's pure speculation.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3401 on: July 31, 2016, 02:19:47 PM »
There's a rumour that, there's a rumour.  :-\
I do wish people would stop spreading rumours about rumours only being rumours.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3402 on: July 31, 2016, 02:22:54 PM »
Got a feeling it's all about to kick off this week. With us agreeing a price with West Ham , about to up our bid to Leicester , Tomorrow or early part of this week .Get ready people . West Brom is about to take off

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3403 on: July 31, 2016, 02:34:52 PM »
It would be nice to have something to be optimistic about, but we have had no news at all, since May. No transfers to talk about, no takeover, nothing. It comes to something when all we have to discuss is women with hairy armpits. No agenda with Peace, i just see him without rose tinted specs.

As they say no news is good news.

From my record of transfer rumours we have been linked with over 20 players so far all in positions we need to strengthen , they may or might not happen, The positive is we are looking at Strikers, left backs, defensive and attacking midfielders, what's not to like
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 02:51:00 PM by OldburyWBA »

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3404 on: July 31, 2016, 02:37:12 PM »
It would be nice to have something to be optimistic about, but we have had no news at all, since May. No transfers to talk about, no takeover, nothing. It comes to something when all we have to discuss is women with hairy armpits. No agenda with Peace, i just see him without rose tinted specs.

No agenda with Peace!! then why have a strap line of "Peace off"

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3405 on: July 31, 2016, 03:07:19 PM »
Got a feeling it's all about to kick off this week. With us agreeing a price with West Ham , about to up our bid to Leicester , Tomorrow or early part of this week .Get ready people . West Brom is about to take off

I have heard from a reliable source with genuine links to the club that a press conference is to be called on Wednesday afternoon to introduce the new Chinese owners.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3406 on: July 31, 2016, 03:09:09 PM »
I have heard from a reliable source with genuine links to the club that a press conference is to be called on Wednesday afternoon to introduce the new Chinese owners.

i do hope so, we need a fresh approach and new invesment to push on a little. Peace has done well and should be applauded when he steps down even with 150 million in his back pocket for pretty much non return
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3407 on: July 31, 2016, 05:32:00 PM »
I got told that deal is done and is having the premier league checks.

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3408 on: July 31, 2016, 05:51:02 PM »
longbridgs baggie im sorry to hear about your health issues and hope you make a swift recovery.I was diagnosed with prostate cancer  not long ago and had to have my prostate removed.The operation was successful and I have to have yearly checks.I do not know what your illness is but I would say think positive and im sure all the posters on this forum will wish you well.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3409 on: July 31, 2016, 06:00:47 PM »
No agenda with Peace!! then why have a strap line of "Peace off"

Just a play on words,he is supposed to be off.  :)

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3410 on: July 31, 2016, 06:17:48 PM »
Just a play on words,he is supposed to be off.  :)

Come, come, don't be shy to admit your prejudice.

Anyway, it seems transfer deadlock is over with Stoke and West Ham incomings and Peace is still here ;D

botters

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3411 on: July 31, 2016, 07:46:59 PM »
Come, come, don't be shy to admit your prejudice.

Anyway, it seems transfer deadlock is over with Stoke and West Ham incomings and Peace is still here ;D

I don't think that Peace is sanctioning these deals!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3412 on: July 31, 2016, 08:05:18 PM »

If not, then who is?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3413 on: July 31, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »

I think you will find he is based on  future sales income for Berahino. Both Phillips and Sahko purchases have not yet touched our "war chest" - meagre as it is.

With T/O deals you never know how whats going to happen untill the ink is dry and the sale is sealed and delivered

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3414 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:10 PM »
If this Sakho deal is correct, let's assume he signs on a 4 year deal at £60k per week, that's £12million in wages plus an alleged transfer fee of £16 million = £28 million of which £19 million will have to be found this year. That's about 1/3 of the TV money gone.

Didn't we make a £7m profit last year? We should have plenty to spend this summer no excuses.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3415 on: July 31, 2016, 08:32:40 PM »
longbridgs baggie im sorry to hear about your health issues and hope you make a swift recovery.I was diagnosed with prostate cancer  not long ago and had to have my prostate removed.The operation was successful and I have to have yearly checks.I do not know what your illness is but I would say think positive and im sure all the posters on this forum will wish you well.
seconded, wish you both well your health's more important than football. only just mind.

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3416 on: July 31, 2016, 09:11:54 PM »
.  Hear ! Hear! To that Newbie

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3417 on: July 31, 2016, 10:53:20 PM »
If new owners are announced shortly what do you think are the chances of TP staying on? There's history of other club takeovers bringing in a new manager whether almost immediately or not longer after.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3418 on: July 31, 2016, 10:55:59 PM »
If new owners are announced shortly what do you think are the chances of TP staying on? There's history of other club takeovers bringing in a new manager whether almost immediately or not longer after.

Getting rid of Pulis would be a disaster at this stage, we have an extremely limited squad that can probably only really stay up by being greater than the sum of its parts and playing a very specific style.

We're in big trouble when Pulis leaves without significant improvements to this squad.

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3419 on: July 31, 2016, 10:57:16 PM »
I imagine he will stay for the start of the season at least. He will be happy enough whatever happens. He will just carry on until he gets paid off to leave early or gets through the last year of his deal.

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3420 on: July 31, 2016, 11:52:35 PM »
Not sure but what about due dilligence and how it needs to be made public.

Have i got that right?

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3421 on: August 01, 2016, 12:55:09 AM »
For the sake of clarity the new ownership will have no say in the running of the club until they are the new owners. It is that simple until a contract is signed and they have been approved by the FA they aren't running the club. The only grey area is at the point they are seeking FA approval but we aren't there yet.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Aixelsyd

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3422 on: August 01, 2016, 01:07:32 AM »

Well in Chinese Tradition the Number 8 (August) is associated to "Wealth" (or Prosper)

and Number 3 (i.e. Wednesday's date) is associated to "Birth"

as both are considered very lucky numbers, it seems like a good day to announce the start of a New Ownership :)
On a roundel paly of thirteen argent and azure a missel thrush perched on a hawthorn branch leaved and fructed proper.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3423 on: August 01, 2016, 08:56:44 AM »

If I'd bought into a business which I didn't fully understand, I'd leave everything in place until I did.

It looks as though Wolves new owner has let his ego get in the way, can only end in tears that for me.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Groovephil

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3424 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:24 AM »
The issue with the wolves takeover is at the moment they look like they don't have a clue what they are doing. Jackett was in and then out.

I'd prefer our lot to not do a thing until they have got a proper plan in place and have met everyone at the club.