Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369582 times)

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3300 on: July 29, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »

shouldnt the club come out and kill it then

They probably would if it wasn't happening.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3301 on: July 29, 2016, 03:09:54 PM »
Not at all. The silence actually points to things being very close indeed. If this takeover wasn't happening, we would have known about it by now. Barring the unforeseen, we are about to be taken over.
It's been silent many times in the last few years, but no takeover yet

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3302 on: July 29, 2016, 03:13:55 PM »
It's been silent many times in the last few years, but no takeover yet

True but if things were not progressing i'm JP would have pulled the plug by now. Must be close to being announced

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3303 on: July 29, 2016, 03:14:26 PM »
I've only been fleeting in and out of the discussion, but as far as I can see this is all based on press rumours and Twitter gossip? Am I mistaken?
Nick, as I understand it your organisation has at it's disposal a huge computer that can carry out complex algorithms in a few seconds, & yet your predictions are only accurate for a 48 hour period, with a slightly less confidence of certainty for the following 72 hours.
I'll leave you to draw you own conclusions.  :)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3304 on: July 29, 2016, 03:28:26 PM »
Is this t/over happening or not.After being told it was being to be in todays papers and its not,it really inebriated me off.Along with others I really believed it was happening,now I don't.Its gone dead and I would be surprised if it could be kept this quiet.I have supported the albion for 64yrs and they are still able to kick me in the knackers.My missus thinks im mad cannot understand how the albion can make you feel  on top of the world one minute and like sticking me ed in a bucket of pooh the next ,as I do now.

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3305 on: July 29, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »
Is this t/over happening or not.After being told it was being to be in todays papers and its not,it really inebriated me off.Along with others I really believed it was happening,now I don't.Its gone dead and I would be surprised if it could be kept this quiet.I have supported the albion for 64yrs and they are still able to kick me in the knackers.My missus thinks im mad cannot understand how the albion can make you feel  on top of the world one minute and like sticking me ed in a bucket of rubbish the next ,as I do now.

One of the regular ITK posters said several days ago and more than once that the announcement would be early August. Don't think he's changed that.

Get your head out of that rubbish!
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3306 on: July 29, 2016, 03:32:25 PM »
New Baggie - it all depends who your source is?

Have they been right in the past?

Anyway I'd say it's still on until we hear otherwise.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3307 on: July 29, 2016, 03:34:49 PM »
Sorry Newbaggie your source must have been wrong unless it comes out late, I`m sticking with Baggie 78 when he said early August and 8 is a lucky number  in CHINA 8/8/16 those seem good numbers to me.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3308 on: July 29, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »
Is this t/over happening or not.After being told it was being to be in todays papers and its not,it really inebriated me off.Along with others I really believed it was happening,now I don't.Its gone dead and I would be surprised if it could be kept this quiet.I have supported the albion for 64yrs and they are still able to kick me in the knackers.My missus thinks im mad cannot understand how the albion can make you feel  on top of the world one minute and like sticking me ed in a bucket of rubbish the next ,as I do now.

I think we must be about the same age. I sympathise with every word and feel I could have easily written that. My commiserations!

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3309 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:23 PM »
Sorry Newbaggie your source must have been wrong unless it comes out late, I`m sticking with Baggie 78 when he said early August and 8 is a lucky number  in CHINA 8/8/16 those seem good numbers to me.

If hardened business men go with lucky numbers to release news then I despair. If that really is the case then we'll be lumped with a Vincent Tan type character who thought it was lucky to change the Cardiff home kit to red.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3310 on: July 29, 2016, 03:43:56 PM »
Nick, as I understand it your organisation has at it's disposal a huge computer that can carry out complex algorithms in a few seconds, & yet your predictions are only accurate for a 48 hour period, with a slightly less confidence of certainty for the following 72 hours.
I'll leave you to draw you own conclusions.  :)

You seem to be mistaking me for someone who works at the Met Office!  ;D

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3311 on: July 29, 2016, 03:44:46 PM »
Just taken this of WBAMAD site AUGUST7th/8th when we will be celebrating PEACE`S departure 

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3312 on: July 29, 2016, 03:53:24 PM »
Do you know what, I am finding this thread more & more surreal every day. In the greater scheme of things, it matters not one jot if the club is acquired or not, our lives will carry on just the same.
On the other hand, if some Chinese or whatever businessman came along & said he was planning a West Bromwich re-generation project, which would enhance our lives & create thousands of jobs, we'd have a right to get excited and/or frustrated.

Chill, FFS.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3313 on: July 29, 2016, 03:53:38 PM »
I've only been fleeting in and out of the discussion, but as far as I can see this is all based on press rumours and Twitter gossip? Am I mistaken?

Not really. Peace changed residence to Jersey. That's the give away. It's the worst kept secret ever.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3314 on: July 29, 2016, 03:54:17 PM »
Just taken this of WBAMAD site AUGUST7th/8th when we will be celebrating PEACE`S departure
Celebrate ?  the blokes done a good job in my book and deserves some respect......there are far, far, far worse chairmen around.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Jeremy Roland Peace

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3315 on: July 29, 2016, 03:55:20 PM »
lot of people acting like buying / selling the club is the same as popping down to the shops for a pint of milk.

it'll happen when it happens, nobody other than the seller and the buyer can do anything about it and acting like a spoilt child won't change that.

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3316 on: July 29, 2016, 03:56:02 PM »
wolves were saying the same days the 7th and 8th its all rubbish if anything happens it will happen when its 100% done regardless the date

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3317 on: July 29, 2016, 04:00:10 PM »
Sorry about that I`m a big PEACE fan and was just quoting what was said on another site I would like PEACE to stop on in some sort of role IF or WHEN  its all sorted, even if I don`t believe he will.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3318 on: July 29, 2016, 04:06:11 PM »
anyone got any whats left shares at the albion on here
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3319 on: July 29, 2016, 04:15:22 PM »
It would be great if the news come through that we have been sold while we were in Plymouth then we could celebrate in style. 
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3320 on: July 29, 2016, 04:26:37 PM »
It would be great if the news come through that we have been sold while we were in Plymouth then we could celebrate in style.

i would give you a smacker kev  :-*

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3321 on: July 29, 2016, 04:42:45 PM »

i would give you a smacker kev  :-*

No tongues. :P

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3322 on: July 29, 2016, 04:48:42 PM »
No tongues. :P

Not a chance with his old Ale breath.

Anyway its about time we became the richer of the midlands instead of being the pauper

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3323 on: July 29, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »

shouldnt the club come out and kill it then

No because it's a private deal between two parties on the stock market whether you like it or not we don't have a god given right to know and the club won't address everything that comes out. I would suggest that the fact they haven't came out and dismissed it is as good a sign as any that it's happening
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 05:46:05 PM by baggie38 »

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3324 on: July 29, 2016, 05:45:16 PM »
Not a chance with his old Ale breath.

Anyway its about time we became the richer of the midlands instead of being the pauper
Less of the old, and for that you can buy me a beer chap.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE