Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369601 times)

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #3225 on: July 28, 2016, 08:32:43 PM »
Garlic and Hammond to stay, peace and Jenkins to go. Jenkins actually already gone. Should be done by mid next week.
.   This is the other Quote , think this ones more feasible ,but would like tomorrow or over the weekend , need to start getting players on board now .

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3226 on: July 28, 2016, 08:34:51 PM »
We are long past a period for having deadline dates etc. There's no need to worry about that. Wether or not anything comes out in the press overnight remains to be seen
.  That sounds promising 38.Nice one!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3227 on: July 28, 2016, 08:47:52 PM »
We are long past a period for having deadline dates etc. There's no need to worry about that. Wether or not anything comes out in the press overnight remains to be seen

I won't be far from a radio for the next few days then.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3228 on: July 28, 2016, 08:52:31 PM »

Thanks 38, patience and hopefully something to look forward too

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3229 on: July 28, 2016, 09:05:08 PM »
What I've just said is nothing new to what I've been saying the past fortnight or so. Like I said yesterday the FA are doing their checks now. People just need to be patient now. I'll be in the same boat as everyone else tomorrow when it comes to clicking through the media to see if it's been mentioned in the press

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3230 on: July 28, 2016, 09:14:18 PM »
I think all of us,whatever our thoughts about JP or a new owner just want a conclusion one way or another, and hopefully get on with the running of the club.

I think it was interesting that Pulis said he hadn't discussed a new contract as things were happening at the club.

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3231 on: July 28, 2016, 09:17:07 PM »
Quite obvious that it's the new owners who will decide on his future but they will play safe for a year

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3232 on: July 28, 2016, 09:27:09 PM »
This will be the biggest change at our club for 20 years or maybe more depending on the strategy of the new owners.  I'd like the new owners to communicate a clear long term plan for us because I think Peace achieved great things things with us in a short space of time ( pushed from championship relegation fodder with 15k fans to mid table
Premier league with 26k fans) but I don't think he had the means, ideas or maybe both to push us on further past premier league safety on the football side or a solid 26k a week core local fanbase.

The key thing as Psalm and Baggiejohn have so eloquently said, is to keep our soul during whatever journey we go on next. The Lord is my shepherd . Amen

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #3233 on: July 28, 2016, 09:27:17 PM »
Quite obvious that it's the new owners who will decide on his future but they will play safe for a year

I'm not the world's biggest Pulis fan, but, for the sake of Stability i hope so

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3234 on: July 28, 2016, 09:39:29 PM »
This will be the biggest change at our club for 20 years or maybe more depending on the strategy of the new owners.  I'd like the new owners to communicate a clear long term plan for us because I think Peace achieved great things things with us in a short space of time ( pushed from championship relegation fodder with 15k fans to mid table
Premier league with 26k fans) but I don't think he had the means, ideas or maybe both to push us on further past premier league safety on the football side or a solid 26k a week core local fanbase.

The key thing as Psalm and Baggiejohn have so eloquently said, is to keep our soul during whatever journey we go on next. The Lord is my shepherd . Amen

JP took over when we was in the premiership so hardly championship relegation fodder. He will sell to whoever offers the money that he wants simple as that.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 09:41:34 PM by MarkW »
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3235 on: July 28, 2016, 11:10:12 PM »
It would be very easy for JP to continue to run the club in it's current format. As I understand it, he takes a salary of around £1.5 million a year out of the football club, with a few tweaks on asset costs, normally paid for out of additional TV revenue, he could retain our position as a Premier League Club for the forseable future. Thus maintaining his £1.5 million a year salary.
Why would he want to do that when he can ride off into the sunset with an embarrassment of riches?

He has openly said that he has taken he club as far as he can, or at least as far as he is prepared to, & the club can only progress with an injection of cash. JP has chosen to do that by selling the club.
Yeah right, his altruism knows no bounds.....

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3236 on: July 28, 2016, 11:19:41 PM »
I'd like to point out that Peace has only taken that salary for three years, no longer. And it's less than other chairmen.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3237 on: July 28, 2016, 11:26:17 PM »
About the same time he started to look to sell the club, any ideas on that one.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3238 on: July 29, 2016, 12:07:16 AM »
About the same time he started to look to sell the club, any ideas on that one.

Same time he came to have 88% of the shares of the club. Before that he was on just over £130,000 according to our accounts. Let's face it, anyone who could sell Albion for £150-200m deserves a salary that high for working damn near miracles.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3239 on: July 29, 2016, 12:47:44 AM »
Is £7m+ what he paid when he first bought shares in the club then because, as I understand it, everything that's happened since then has been paid for by the club in one way or another.

I'm quite cynical about it though, particularly at present, due to having been one of those who wasn't financially able to buy additional shares a few years back, so mine were compulsorily purchased for less than they were worth given the valuation of the club not long after.

There is nothing to be cynical about though. He has done a fantastic job in turning WBA into a £150m-£200m club, when our local rivals are being sold for a fraction of the cost. Peace deserves credit. I haven't always agreed with his decisions and lack of ambition in the transfer over the years, but the results have proved me to be wrong. He had a long term plan and executed it brilliantly to the benefit of himself and WBA. I don't begrudge him one penny as he has always acted in the best interest of the club which is evidenced by our finances. Hopefully the new owners keep him involved in some capacity as he is one of the shrewdest businessmen in the game.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3240 on: July 29, 2016, 03:42:47 AM »
There is nothing to be cynical about though. He has done a fantastic job in turning WBA into a £150m-£200m club, when our local rivals are being sold for a fraction of the cost. Peace deserves credit. I haven't always agreed with his decisions and lack of ambition in the transfer over the years, but the results have proved me to be wrong. He had a long term plan and executed it brilliantly to the benefit of himself and WBA. I don't begrudge him one penny as he has always acted in the best interest of the club which is evidenced by our finances. Hopefully the new owners keep him involved in some capacity as he is one of the shrewdest businessmen in the game.

That sums up the situation nicely

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3241 on: July 29, 2016, 06:22:59 AM »
JP took over when we was in the premiership so hardly championship relegation fodder. He will sell to whoever offers the money that he wants simple as that.

Peace has driven me barmy at times but you can't deny the facts.....

99/00 Peace joined the board we finished 21 st in the championship, 1 place above relegation, average attendances were 14,584. Our turnover was less than 10m.

Peace became chairmen in 2002, the first season since 1986 we'd got promoted to the premier league with average gates of 20,000.

He took ownership in2005.

We 've been in the premier league consecutively since 2008, have average gates of around 24/ 25,0000 and are one of the 20 richest clubs in the World based on turnover of 96m ( it was 10m when Peace took over).

I watched us from the 80s onwards and Peace ain't done too badly for the club in my book  !!. Yes he's done we'll out of it himself but that's life, he took the risk, had the vision and leaves us with a great ground, academy, staff , financial health and with our identity intact.

If the new owners develop us as much whilst keeping out identity , I'd be very happy - to match Peace's achievements though, the new owners would have to establish us in the champions league regularly within 10 years and get average gates of 40,000.........?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 06:35:04 AM by darbolina »

Chipperfan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3242 on: July 29, 2016, 06:43:04 AM »

99/00 Peace joined the board we finished 21 st in the championship, 1 place above relegation, average attendances were 14,584. Our turnover was less than 10m.

Peace became chairmen in 2002, the first season since 1986 we'd got promoted to the premier league with average gates of 20,000.

We 've been in the premier league consecutively since 2008, have average gates of around 24/ 25,0000 and are one of the 20 richest clubs in the World based on turnover of 96m ( it was 10m when Peace took over).

I watched us from the 80s onwards and Peace ain't done too badly for the club in my book  !!. Yes he's done we'll out of it himself but that's life, he took the risk, had the vision and leaves us with a great ground, academy, staff , financial health and with our identity intact.

If the new owners develop us as much whilst keeping out identity , I'd be very happy - to match Peace's achievements though, the new owners would have to establish us in the champions league regularly within 10 years and get average gates of 40,000.........?

Completely with you on this. I just don't understand the vilification toward him from the average fan. To an extent I get why people who lost out on shares feel aggrieved, but that's how business works, winners and losers (and distasteful as it may be, because of the money washing through it, football is a business).

Peace has overseen a massive transition during his time. The club is solid, making money, has vastly improved training and academy facilities (did we even have a training ground in 2002?) and we are in the Prem. Like I said elsewhere, other clubs locally are envious of what we have.

Whatever the future holds for Albion the contribution that JP has made, in developing our unfashionable club, based in an economically depressed part of he country, has been phenomenal. And yes, he's taken a salary, and yes, he's going to make a massive profit, but you know what? I don't begrudge him, because without him we might well be down among the dead men too.

I just hope the next lot of owners do half as well in moving us on from here.
Born Baggie. Die disheartened.

Sarniabaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3243 on: July 29, 2016, 07:11:32 AM »
Completely with you on this. I just don't understand the vilification toward him from the average fan. To an extent I get why people who lost out on shares feel aggrieved, but that's how business works, winners and losers (and distasteful as it may be, because of the money washing through it, football is a business).

Peace has overseen a massive transition during his time. The club is solid, making money, has vastly improved training and academy facilities (did we even have a training ground in 2002?) and we are in the Prem. Like I said elsewhere, other clubs locally are envious of what we have.

Whatever the future holds for Albion the contribution that JP has made, in developing our unfashionable club, based in an economically depressed part of he country, has been phenomenal. And yes, he's taken a salary, and yes, he's going to make a massive profit, but you know what? I don't begrudge him, because without him we might well be down among the dead men too.

I just hope the next lot of owners do half as well in moving us on from here.

Could not agree more. It astonishes me that others cannot see how the club has grown and stabilised under Jeremy Peace.

Just look where the Villa and Wolves are, with all the money thrown at them by wealthy owners, both are in the league below. Have they bought big so far with their new wealthy owners, with a view to get out of the Championship? No, not yet at least.  How long before the new owners get bored with no promotion? Then what eh!

I will raise a glass to JP when/if he relinquishes his control of West Bromwich Albion.  I too do not begrudge him the money he has made whilst at the same time taking the club forward.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:12:05 PM by kris_boing »

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #3244 on: July 29, 2016, 07:48:13 AM »
pointless accusing peace of being greedy, isn't it the same thing we all want with the club being more successful and to win thin things. he could have paid himself any salary he wanted at the end of the day .
lets just hope the new owners if it does change hands take the club to the next level. if they do half the job peace has done id be happy.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3245 on: July 29, 2016, 07:58:15 AM »
Why would he want to do that when he can ride off into the sunset with an embarrassment of riches?

Because he can have a salary of £1.5 million a year for the next x years & still ride off into the sunset with an embarrassment of riches.
If he lived on £500k a year & saved the rest, after 10 years, he could buy a very nice Sunseeker yacht for £10 million, even less with the discount from Wanda

Yeah right, his altruism knows no bounds.....

I think you & I are on opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to JP, probably no point in continuing the debate.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3246 on: July 29, 2016, 08:52:23 AM »

Can't argue with any of that.
I was devastated when we got relegated in 86, but thought we would bounce straight back. We didn't. When we went down to the old 3rd Division I thought that was it, I honestly thought I would never see us play in the top flight again. But, here we are in our 7th season and, whatever you think of Peace, you cannot deny the massive part he has played in that.
The shares deal was the only blot on his copybook for me as this hurt real fans but, as some have said that is business, as is making money. If he was walking away with £200m and leaving us in the rubbish then fair enough, but he is leaving us in the strongest position we have been in for 40 years so good luck to him.
I just hope the next owners are as committed to maintaining the security of the club as he has been and, if they sell the club for £500m in 10 years, having moved us on to another level, then we will all be happy surely?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3247 on: July 29, 2016, 09:42:26 AM »
I too think JP has done a good job, however, I will judge any new owners not on how they improve turnover but on how we play and progress towards winning "stuff".
We the fans have had one chumpionship title to reward us since 1968.
48 years is a "long" time, I'm 57 and want to see us lift a trophy again before i pop my Blue and white clogs
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

newbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #3248 on: July 29, 2016, 09:58:48 AM »
I am assuming nothing has come out in the press ,so I feel I must apologise to you guys for giving you false info,i did so in good faith .I am unable to contact the chap that told me it would be out today.He has told me stuff before which was accurate and which I've never posted.The first time I do it looks like its untrue.Once  again please accept my apologies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 12:18:52 PM by kris_boing »

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3249 on: July 29, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »
Peace is only looking after number one and if stories coming out of the transfer market are to be believed then I'd say the take over is dead in the water. Leon Best and an over the hill Spanish fullback sounds like the targets Ebenezer would be in for.