Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369489 times)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2975 on: July 26, 2016, 07:33:28 PM »
When is this sports announcement supposed to be made?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2976 on: July 26, 2016, 07:38:37 PM »
When is this sports announcement supposed to be made?

Being re-arranged, I assume we might have another announcement of the announcement tomorrow, with a new date.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2977 on: July 26, 2016, 07:47:35 PM »
Maybe, but they did quickly deny the Southampton rumors just two days after they started with an official statement (http://www.wanda-group.com/2014/latest_0120/394.html). I am not sure they are fans of being misreported. Have they have had a change of heart now though? they are fueling the speculation by replying to Albion fans on social media. Would seem a massive u turn in decision making. Doesn't make sense to quash rumours so fast, then 1 year later fuel very similar reports.

I also don't understand how the Express & Star can claim the Jack Ma speculation as instant 'wide of the mark' yet have allowed the Wanda speculation to keep growing. Did someone at the club tell them 100% it was not Jack Ma? Why haven't they been able to get full confirmation on Wanda?

We will see what this sports announcement brings by Wanda, I mean there is a massive chance its nothing to do with us but its just strange how its been festering for so long.

I didn't know that so thank you. It could be that the company is in a different place now, but it does beg the question.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2978 on: July 26, 2016, 08:27:06 PM »
It's hard to get away from the fact that the Wanda Group aren't working hard to deny the rumours. It does seem the announcement is sports related. I am not for one minute saying its definitely them but I am more confident today than I was yesterday. It would make some kind of sense. 

charlebaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2979 on: July 26, 2016, 08:39:08 PM »
I call them Muppets simply because a lot of them seem to think we can compete for any player in world football and make stupid comments but hey I suppose that's social media for you...anyway back on topic I'd love to be wrong I really would because Wanda group seem like a serious force in the market but I can see no way unless they are somehow connected to the party its all agreed with being them sorry but I just wouldn't get one's hopes up.
.   Cheers mate , Let's just wait and see  ;)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2980 on: July 26, 2016, 08:42:18 PM »
Have another listen. His exact words:

'Also in that group is Mr. Jianlin of Wanda who is rumoured to be buying West Brom.'

'He's the man in line for West Bromwich Albion?'

'Allegedly, yeah.'

Doesn't sound like the guy is saying anything more than the Birmingham Mail says: rumours and alleged interest. Very non-committal. It's a far cry from 'they're definitely involved'. Franksy doesn't push him for more info either.

I could be miles off, but it's not enough for me for someone to say there's alleged rumours that Wang Jianlin is buying Albion, when that's been said since last summer.
that's not my point, you said he doesn't mention Jianlin, just saying that he does mention him.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2981 on: July 26, 2016, 09:07:08 PM »
that's not my point, you said he doesn't mention Jianlin, just saying that he does mention him.

Nope, not what I said in the original post. I said the guy in the interview didn't say it was Wang Jianlin who was buying the Albion. Which he didn't, he merely said he's rumoured and when pressed said 'allegedly'. What's it matter now anyway, he's apparently an expert so it's bound to be Wanda.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2982 on: July 26, 2016, 09:12:39 PM »
Nope, not what I said in the original post. I said the guy in the interview didn't say it was Wang Jianlin who was buying the Albion. Which he didn't, he merely said he's rumoured and when pressed said 'allegedly'. What's it matter now anyway, he's apparently an expert so it's bound to be Wanda.
just wish the saga would blow away myself.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2983 on: July 26, 2016, 09:24:14 PM »
just wish the saga would blow away myself.

You and me both mate.

I can't take many more Albion fans tweeting Wanda. One even tweeted them saying 'are you buying WBA, the fans deserve to know'. Jesus wept.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2984 on: July 26, 2016, 09:29:56 PM »
I can't take many more Albion fans tweeting Wanda. One even tweeted them saying 'are you buying WBA, the fans deserve to know'. Jesus wept.
There's always a danger that tweeting will bring out the numpty in people at times!  ;D

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2985 on: July 26, 2016, 09:30:53 PM »
You and me both mate.

Just read the planning page in the E & S, got to hand it to these Chinese, Golden Dragon is changing it's name to Wanda  :)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2986 on: July 26, 2016, 09:45:58 PM »
You and me both mate.

Literally seen you post nothing but moaning about Albion fans on Twitter over the last few days. If it bothers you that much then don't go on there.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2987 on: July 26, 2016, 10:08:44 PM »
Observation...

Looks like Dalian Wanda Group were pretty stern in their rebuttable of a Daily Mirror article about a takeover of Southampton. There has been a similar article regarding us and no rebuttal.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2988 on: July 26, 2016, 10:54:30 PM »
Observation...

Looks like Dalian Wanda Group were pretty stern in their rebuttable of a Daily Mirror article about a takeover of Southampton. There has been a similar article regarding us and no rebuttal.

I'd agree, they have interacted with Albion fans twice. Neither time saying we're not interested. Once could be the twitter guy not knowing, but days later they do it again. Unless they are trolling the fans then why are they and i find a multi-billion pound company trolling football fans hard to believe. It's not like they need the advertising or PR?

It's a case of wait and see, but if it isn't Wanda, I will reflect on this period wondering what they were up to.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2989 on: July 26, 2016, 10:56:12 PM »
I really hope Peace stays as it will be another part of the clubs sole lost if we are foreign owned. However it seems as though it is a done deal now unless a late withdrawal happens like last time.
Gera, Gera, Gera

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2990 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:34 PM »
I really hope Peace stays as it will be another part of the clubs sole lost if we are foreign owned. However it seems as though it is a done deal now unless a late withdrawal happens like last time.

If the owner is clever they'll have him work him in hand with the Chair for a season as a handover and get at least 2 current staff members to sign up for 2-3 years. Being foreign owned doesn't mean having a Chinese chair who knows nothing about UK football, especially if it's Wanda, I expect them to appoint the best person they can get for the job.

It's odd, we're just days away from either a very exciting time, or a disaster. In ten years time we'll look back and know, but now, it's a coin flip.

I'm a tad nervous about it.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2991 on: July 26, 2016, 11:02:59 PM »

Thanks Baggie79. Put the Wanda dreamers hopes to rest would ya?!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2992 on: July 26, 2016, 11:03:22 PM »

I know what your saying but we NEED investment to sustain and push on as a football club. JP can't do that with us.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2993 on: July 26, 2016, 11:07:29 PM »
Baggie79 do you think there is a chance JP will stick around if/when he sells? Or do you think he'll want to retire nicely on his wealth?

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2994 on: July 26, 2016, 11:09:39 PM »
One thing with up, we were never a toy or play thing, we were his life for 13 years, and a decent go of it he made. I only hope the new owners have the money, ambition and the know how to take us to the next level. But one thing for sure season tickets will go over £400. Buy them cheap while you still can
Ill Sleep when im dead

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2995 on: July 26, 2016, 11:10:48 PM »
One thing with up, we were never a toy or play thing, we were his life for 13 years, and a decent go of it he made. I only hope the new owners have the money, ambition and the know how to take us to the next level. But one thing for sure season tickets will go over £400. Buy them cheap while you still can
Already am in some parts of the ground.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

matt_home1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2996 on: July 26, 2016, 11:12:12 PM »
I know, but I imagine cheapest will be at least £500 soon. To "enable us to compete" ffp being the driver
Ill Sleep when im dead

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2997 on: July 26, 2016, 11:19:59 PM »
I think Peace will stay on even if we do get taken over, I hope he does. He can pocket a bit more money, network with the Chinese and leave us in good stead in a couple of years.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2998 on: July 26, 2016, 11:32:25 PM »
Heard a little rumour that Jenkins could be leaving as part of the takeover.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2999 on: July 26, 2016, 11:42:35 PM »
Literally seen you post nothing but moaning about Albion fans on Twitter over the last few days. If it bothers you that much then don't go on there.

Selective reading? I've posted about plenty other stuff. I didn't realise me posting my grievances on here grated on you so much. Might I suggest you read my other posts, they may be to your liking. Though probably not.