Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369420 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2950 on: July 26, 2016, 02:49:39 PM »
Bet JP would not reply, other than he is looking for investment into his own back pocket, sorry for the club.

JP will be concentrating on how to get his share out with minimum tax implications.

Wouldn't everyone do the same? I know I would! Set up for life and plenty generations, I don't blame him one bit.

Not as if he hasn't done a cracking job while he has been in charge.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2951 on: July 26, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
He is a very shrewd man and yes I admire for that.

Is he an Albion fan we will see if he turns up after he has his money, on a Saturday afternoon.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2952 on: July 26, 2016, 03:06:05 PM »
Well, it's embarrassing to see the reactions of some of our fans on Twitter, desperation doesn't even come close, but I have to say, all of you who are dismissing Dalian Wanda as the buyer are nearly as bad. NOBODY knows what's going on outside the negotiations and the fact that nobody has come out and distances themselves from a takeover (WBA or Wanda), should be very much an indicator that they could well be the buyers. They fit the profile, and seem to be happy to interact with the fans. I don't see why they would do this unless 1) They are trolling our supporters for a laugh or 2) They are taking us over and this is PR to get our supporters to warm to the potential new owners. 2+2=5 and all that, I know, but something is happening, we have history with Wang Jianlin and Dalian Wanda are actively buying up massive corporations like they are ingredients in a 10 penny mixup. Regardless whether they buy us or not, I'm finding the drama entertaining/cringeworthy.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2953 on: July 26, 2016, 03:07:22 PM »
I still think, if this is going to happen, it's got a very "left field" feel about it. Probably not what we're expecting at all. I've heard Theresa May has used WBA as a negotiating tool with Angel Merkel in getting tarrif free cars into Germany. The Hawthorns will be re-named as the Allianz Hawthorns
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2954 on: July 26, 2016, 03:26:48 PM »
Well, it's embarrassing to see the reactions of some of our fans on Twitter, desperation doesn't even come close, but I have to say, all of you who are dismissing Dalian Wanda as the buyer are nearly as bad. NOBODY knows what's going on outside the negotiations and the fact that nobody has come out and distances themselves from a takeover (WBA or Wanda), should be very much an indicator that they could well be the buyers. They fit the profile, and seem to be happy to interact with the fans. I don't see why they would do this unless 1) They are trolling our supporters for a laugh or 2) They are taking us over and this is PR to get our supporters to warm to the potential new owners. 2+2=5 and all that, I know, but something is happening, we have history with Wang Jianlin and Dalian Wanda are actively buying up massive corporations like they are ingredients in a 10 penny mixup. Regardless whether they buy us or not, I'm finding the drama entertaining/cringeworthy.

No solid evidence it is Wanda. Numerous 'experts' saying they're not the name they've heard. That's what us dismissing the rumours mostly base it on. More points to it not being 'the richest man in China who someone made up as a joke last summer' than does.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2955 on: July 26, 2016, 03:43:13 PM »
Exactly. It's obvious that we are not going to know until the ink is dry on the paperwork, so all we have is speculation. The only thing that seems pretty certain is that we will be sold this time around so why not get excited? Most probably be someone we never heard of, let alone the richest bloke in China, doesn't mean we can't dream a little.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2956 on: July 26, 2016, 03:53:59 PM »
Exactly. It's obvious that we are not going to know until the ink is dry on the paperwork, so all we have is speculation. The only thing that seems pretty certain is that we will be sold this time around so why not get excited? Most probably be someone we never heard of, let alone the richest bloke in China, doesn't mean we can't dream a little.

Nothing wrong with dreaming generally, however nightmares and hysteria are out :o

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2957 on: July 26, 2016, 04:02:26 PM »
Even if it was them, why would a super rich Chinese bloke tweet a few Albion fans, they probably don't even know they have a twitter page
Baggie Terra

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2958 on: July 26, 2016, 04:15:42 PM »
No solid evidence it is Wanda. Numerous 'experts' saying they're not the name they've heard. That's what us dismissing the rumours mostly base it on. More points to it not being 'the richest man in China who someone made up as a joke last summer' than does.

yet the one expert who knows these people and the inner circle of these chinese businessmen says it is Wang Jianlin

Im still unconvinced myself but the rumours are there and wont go away
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2959 on: July 26, 2016, 05:12:50 PM »
yet the one expert who knows these people and the inner circle of these chinese businessmen says it is Wang Jianlin

Im still unconvinced myself but the rumours are there and wont go away

Was that the guy on WM? If so he didn't actually say it was Wang Jianlin in that interview.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2960 on: July 26, 2016, 05:17:35 PM »
Not followed a great deal of all this as I am only particularly interested when something has happened as opposed to all the rumours, but if it is going to happen, it has to happen in the next few days so we have time to actually invest in the squad prior to the end of the window as opposed to panic buying in the last week of it.

I worry now that the start of the season will come and Pulis will walk out due to the lack of investment leaving a threadbare squad and no manager come the first game of the season.

I am as anti Pulis as anyone, but with the squad we will likely have come the start of the season, we are going to need him in place purely to keep us in the league before we can actually make the most of the potential investment next summer.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2961 on: July 26, 2016, 05:21:51 PM »
Not followed a great deal of all this as I am only particularly interested when something has happened as opposed to all the rumours, but if it is going to happen, it has to happen in the next few days so we have time to actually invest in the squad prior to the end of the window as opposed to panic buying in the last week of it.

I worry now that the start of the season will come and Pulis will walk out due to the lack of investment leaving a threadbare squad and no manager come the first game of the season.

I am as anti Pulis as anyone, but with the squad we will likely have come the start of the season, we are going to need him in place purely to keep us in the league before we can actually make the most of the potential investment next summer.

Can you be both? Can you be anti a guy who we 'need' to stay in the league? You might not like his style of football but from what you've said, the team isn't good enough without him in charge, in which case why would you want him gone? You want us to get relegated? If the team is that bad that they'd not stay up with someone else in charge, why the Pulis hate?

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2962 on: July 26, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
Can you be both? Can you be anti a guy who we 'need' to stay in the league? You might not like his style of football but from what you've said, the team isn't good enough without him in charge, in which case why would you want him gone? You want us to get relegated? If the team is that bad that they'd not stay up with someone else in charge, why the Pulis hate?

Yes, I want us relegated  ::)

Wanted Pulis gone once we were confirmed as being safe last season so that a new manager had a full transfer window to bring in the players to turn us into a better side. As you would note from my post if you understood it, my fear is that we will now end up at the start of the season with the current squad, which isn't great, and as such, for the sake of safety, you would keep Pulis in charge to get us to the 40 point mark before hopefully then, with the takeover complete, look to push on next summer.

As ever with the Albion, matters have dragged along to the point whereby if a takeover went ahead, we would be left with next to no time to take advantage of it in this window.

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2963 on: July 26, 2016, 05:42:00 PM »
I doubt the announcement from Wanda will be paramount related as the original post about the announcement from their Facebook profile linked to their sports holding page. Not saying it will be Albion, just that it is worth noting

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2964 on: July 26, 2016, 05:42:22 PM »
I can see it now.....we wont buy any players due to the ongoing takeover negotiations and then we wont be sold by transfer deadline day.....and then on deadline day we will panic buy rubbish.

And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all, the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.
And we'll make no signings tonight and none tomorrow. :)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2965 on: July 26, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »
I doubt the announcement from Wanda will be paramount related as the original post about the announcement from their Facebook profile linked to their sports holding page. Not saying it will be Albion, just that it is worth noting

This makes me think there could be something in it...

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2966 on: July 26, 2016, 05:51:02 PM »
And nothing ever happens, nothing happens at all, the needle returns to the start of the song and we all sing along like before.
And we'll make no signings tonight and none tomorrow. :)

Class song. I remember buying that  :D

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2967 on: July 26, 2016, 05:52:24 PM »
Was that the guy on WM? If so he didn't actually say it was Wang Jianlin in that interview.
he did mention wanda in that interview.

just had another listen and he does also say allegedly Wang Jianlin is interested in the albion.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 06:05:59 PM by caravanc58 »

LoxleyBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2968 on: July 26, 2016, 06:01:29 PM »
This makes me think there could be something in it...

I thought someone had already posted a link regarding the Financial Times story about Wanda planning to launch some equivalent of the Uefa Champions League.  If not, here is the FT story..

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/7af1f348-442b-11e6-9b66-0712b3873ae1.html

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2969 on: July 26, 2016, 06:17:18 PM »
he did mention wanda in that interview.

Have another listen. His exact words:

'Also in that group is Mr. Jianlin of Wanda who is rumoured to be buying West Brom.'

'He's the man in line for West Bromwich Albion?'

'Allegedly, yeah.'

Doesn't sound like the guy is saying anything more than the Birmingham Mail says: rumours and alleged interest. Very non-committal. It's a far cry from 'they're definitely involved'. Franksy doesn't push him for more info either.

I could be miles off, but it's not enough for me for someone to say there's alleged rumours that Wang Jianlin is buying Albion, when that's been said since last summer.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2970 on: July 26, 2016, 06:21:35 PM »
Have another listen. His exact words:

'Also in that group is Mr. Jianlin of Wanda who is rumoured to be buying West Brom.'

'He's the man in line for West Bromwich Albion?'

'Allegedly, yeah.'

Doesn't sound like the guy is saying anything more than the Birmingham Mail says: rumours and alleged interest. Very non-committal. It's a far cry from 'they're definitely involved'. Franksy doesn't push him for more info either.

I could be miles off, but it's not enough for me for someone to say there's alleged rumours that Wang Jianlin is buying Albion, when that's been said since last summer.

Franksy does push him later on and he says 'that deal should go ahead unless there is any hidden problems'

lonions

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2971 on: July 26, 2016, 07:04:03 PM »
If it wasn't Wanda I would of thought that they would deny the rumours but they don't. I'm not sure if it is them but think they would of denied it and not add fuel to the speculation.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2972 on: July 26, 2016, 07:06:50 PM »
If it wasn't Wanda I would of thought that they would deny the rumours but they don't. I'm not sure if it is them but think they would of denied it and not add fuel to the speculation.

Why? They seem to be snowballing globally. They could be happy to let it rumble on and get some free publicity in British press.

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2973 on: July 26, 2016, 07:16:23 PM »
Why? They seem to be snowballing globally. They could be happy to let it rumble on and get some free publicity in British press.

Maybe, but they did quickly deny the Southampton rumors just two days after they started with an official statement (http://www.wanda-group.com/2014/latest_0120/394.html). I am not sure they are fans of being misreported. Have they have had a change of heart now though? they are fueling the speculation by replying to Albion fans on social media. Would seem a massive u turn in decision making. Doesn't make sense to quash rumours so fast, then 1 year later fuel very similar reports.

I also don't understand how the Express & Star can claim the Jack Ma speculation as instant 'wide of the mark' yet have allowed the Wanda speculation to keep growing. Did someone at the club tell them 100% it was not Jack Ma? Why haven't they been able to get full confirmation on Wanda?

We will see what this sports announcement brings by Wanda, I mean there is a massive chance its nothing to do with us but its just strange how its been festering for so long.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 07:19:56 PM by addy »

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2974 on: July 26, 2016, 07:29:58 PM »
I know the first announcement was 4 am this morning but had been delayed,
But this is a very long delay is it not,
Have they said when they are finally going to announce this ............
Or is it a complete wind up ???