Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369648 times)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2850 on: July 25, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/07/25/west-brom-takeover-could-be-close/

West Brom takeover could be close

West Brom boss Tony Pulis has hinted that a takeover at the club could come soon.

Pulis, who has one year left on his deal, intimated that he’s unsure who the owner will be come the start of the season.

When asked if he’d spoken to the chairman about his contract, he said: “No, I’ve stayed away from it.

“Obviously there’s lots of stuff going on at the football club that I don’t want to talk about.

IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2851 on: July 25, 2016, 10:17:52 AM »
Have just seen a link to a Chinese business page (in english) and Wanda are expected to announce a purchase of a cinema/films group.

The pictures next the the auuoncement don't make any sense if thaat's the case?!

but dial back the excitment lads...
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2852 on: July 25, 2016, 10:19:47 AM »
I can't see the Wanda announcement being anything to do with them buying Albion. Wanda are making their announcement in Beijing. If it was JP selling the Club he would surely want to make the announcement himself - in England.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2853 on: July 25, 2016, 10:24:12 AM »
Have just seen a link to a Chinese business page (in english) and Wanda are expected to announce a purchase of a cinema/films group.

The pictures next the the auuoncement don't make any sense if thaat's the case?!

but dial back the excitment lads...

I think the timing of the announcement with the UK wouldn't have made any sense also if it related to us. Still reckon that any announcement of a takeover, whoever it is and if it happens, won't be until early August.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2854 on: July 25, 2016, 10:31:28 AM »
The announcement won't be us I'm pretty sure of that

As much as I want it to be I cant see it being the Wanda Group who buy us at all
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2855 on: July 25, 2016, 10:37:08 AM »
Surely if they were purchasing us, they would want the announcement to hit peak time when people in this country would see the news, not at 4am?

Im pretty sure they are purchasing Paramount Pictures.

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2856 on: July 25, 2016, 10:47:15 AM »
Surely if they were purchasing us, they would want the announcement to hit peak time when people in this country would see the news, not at 4am?

There again would they worry about that - if they were so courtious about waiting for a time of say 11 am UK time, that would be 6 pm over there which would make even less sense!

« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 10:54:39 AM by MarkW »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2857 on: July 25, 2016, 11:07:05 AM »

Agree.
Would love it to be us, but very much doubt it.
Looks like something is close though, first time Pulis has touched on the subject.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2858 on: July 25, 2016, 11:12:35 AM »
John can you put us all out of our misery and find out if we am being sold or not then.

We're available for sale Kev, the rest is pure speculation. The Granada thing takes you to a Chinese Businessman who owns them & Minnesota Timberwolves in the NBA. Not saying it's him either, just that his profile is more likely to fit with us, than the Wanda Group.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 11:21:10 AM by baggiejohn »
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2859 on: July 25, 2016, 11:20:19 AM »

Paramount Pictures or WBA? decisions decisions
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2860 on: July 25, 2016, 11:25:42 AM »
It appears to me alot of people want a following on here and a fair few prepared to listen to anyone.

Tours of the internet now, just wait and see, I know nothing other than JP to lose his golden goose someone is going to have to make him a very rich man.

Your waiting for nothing, business men want to make money, have no sentiment, Ebeneezer at his best.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2861 on: July 25, 2016, 11:50:46 AM »

Paramount Pictures or WBA? decisions decisions

thats a dificult decision that
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 12:04:59 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2862 on: July 25, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Surely the timing of an announcement would be dictated by the Chinese stock market, whoever / whatever they are buying!

in the UK these things are usually confirmed to the markets at 08:00 I think
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2863 on: July 25, 2016, 12:07:44 PM »
Knew this would happen. I did warn you there was going to be another silly fan meltdown.

Let's move on from that ridiculous tweet that is 99.9% definitely not Albion related.
Where's the meltdown?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2864 on: July 25, 2016, 12:17:15 PM »
Alot of fans are going to be very dissapointed at 4 AM tomorrow morning. I stand by what i said a few days ago. I expect the announcement to be early August. Its all but complete now but my understanding is its another Asia based party not Wanda group.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #2865 on: July 25, 2016, 12:19:51 PM »
I'm not particularly bothered about a takeover to be honest.

If we do then great, if not, life goes on.

I'd hope any new owners intentions are for the right reasons and not a vanity trip but I'm not going to get worked up on something I have no influence over.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2866 on: July 25, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »
Where's the meltdown?

Londons stock exchange has closed down
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2867 on: July 25, 2016, 12:47:08 PM »

I'd be pretty confident that is the case.

Sorry to drift away from the Albion. Paramount are based in California and controlled by Viacom that is listed on the New York market and the company have been wanting to sell a stake for a while now. The timing in China would coincide with a perfect early evening time in California and would be announced when the stock market in the US is closed which is the normal practice.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2868 on: July 25, 2016, 12:51:47 PM »
Hey 38, can you tell us if the Proposed new owner is Chinese,an individual or a group/consortium?
I did ask before but you didn't respond,dont worry if you can't tell us,but it would be nice to have a little more definitive info.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2869 on: July 25, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »
Alot of fans are going to be very dissapointed at 4 AM tomorrow morning. I stand by what i said a few days ago. I expect the announcement to be early August. Its all but complete now but my understanding is its another Asia based party not Wanda group.
That's a damn shame, I was hoping they would rename the ground the Wandaland Zoo! and sign Fellaini :)

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2870 on: July 25, 2016, 12:59:56 PM »
Hey 38, can you tell us if the Proposed new owner is Chinese,an individual or a group/consortium?
I did ask before but you didn't respond,dont worry if you can't tell us,but it would be nice to have a little more definitive info.
i just want to know if they have alot of money haha

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2871 on: July 25, 2016, 01:04:43 PM »
That's a damn shame, I was hoping they would rename the ground the Wandaland Zoo! and sign Fellaini :)

lol! I used to love watching that!

ABaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2872 on: July 25, 2016, 01:20:11 PM »
I'd be pretty confident that is the case.

Sorry to drift away from the Albion. Paramount are based in California and controlled by Viacom that is listed on the New York market and the company have been wanting to sell a stake for a while now. The timing in China would coincide with a perfect early evening time in California and would be announced when the stock market in the US is closed which is the normal practice.

If announcing it at 4am UK time rules out us then why would they announce Paramount at 8pm LA time or 11pm New York time?

orville

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2873 on: July 25, 2016, 01:26:33 PM »
8pm would be prime time viewing in LA, and as to be done when stock market where the company being purchased stocks are traded is closed
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 01:28:54 PM by orville »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2874 on: July 25, 2016, 01:36:11 PM »
8pm would be prime time viewing in LA, and as to be done when stock market where the company being purchased stocks are traded is closed

If a deal with Paramount is known to be close, wouldn't an announcement now breach rules of some sort, baring in mind it could affect the market and we still have a number of hours trading? 

If this is the case, surely it would make more sense for it to be a purchase of a business that isnt floated, and one that is relatively insignificant to the buyer. For instance, a 40bn dollar company adding a 200m dollar football club to its already vast portfolio.

For the record, I don't think it will be anything to do with WBA or Paramount.