Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369709 times)

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2750 on: July 22, 2016, 07:51:39 PM »
don't see the excitement some do over that tweet, its neither a denial or an admittance so basically its as you were. or is it me being blind. 8)

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2751 on: July 22, 2016, 07:54:37 PM »
The fact that the club has said nothing indicates it's true. The silence is the giveaway. We are about to be sold.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2752 on: July 22, 2016, 08:01:55 PM »
The fact that the club has said nothing indicates it's true. The silence is the giveaway. We are about to be sold.

Yes but most likely to the steptoe group :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2753 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:49 PM »
Wang Jianlin has recently bought a property in Kensington. Didn't Peace live there? Kensington i mean.
Probably adding two and two and getting five.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2754 on: July 22, 2016, 08:37:40 PM »
Guys, you're making 2+2=22, rumours, supositions, speculation, twitter,press reports, denials, conspiracy theories, you've all gone crazy.

Smacks of desperation and delusion to me.

Just wait and see
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:40:26 PM by halifax_baggie »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2755 on: July 22, 2016, 08:42:07 PM »
Guys, you're making 2+2=22, rumours, supositions, speculation, twitter,press reports, denials, conspiracy theories, you've all gone crazy.

Just wait and see

One can only dream eh
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2756 on: July 22, 2016, 08:46:50 PM »

Just wait and see

Are you serious? It's common knowledge Peace is looking to sell and with the pound dropping in value, now is the time for Chinese Billionaires to invest. Whether it happens is another thing but we are 100% in negotiations to sell the club. Nothing to do with conspiracy theories, it's more to do with non-disclosure agreements and business etiquette.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2757 on: July 22, 2016, 09:27:34 PM »
Wanda Group are also primary sale of the UFC for $4.2 Billion now that a Niche sport. They are into football, and, want a Premier League presence.. My point is Nobody know anything. I don't get where all the peace haters are so sure he's selling us to the next Carson Yeung You're as bad as the people who are getting over excited. Let see how it plays over the next week (10 day Wndow) It looks like his selling Professor Chadwick who studies Anglo-Chinese trade has said as much all we can do is wait and see who to

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2758 on: July 22, 2016, 09:59:11 PM »
maybe a Chinese investor is looking to make bigger profits than wba currently achieve, its possible by finishing a lot higher up the league and getting a European spot.it would take investment but its doable. and who knows how much the next tv rights deal will be worth.as a football club we haven't hit our ceiling by a long way and who knows where new investment might take us.

OK i'll kind of buy it, could you post some hypothetical sums then?

For example how much extra revenue could we expect from say a 5th place? Could we do that with the same level of cost, & if not, how much additional cost? A fifth place would give us a Europa League slot, how much additional revenue could we expect from a Europa League campaign. If the squad is competing in the Europa League, the FA Cup, the League Cup & the PL, would the quality of the squad have to improve, & if so how much would that cost?
As a example, If reports are to be believed, Leicester's wages cost is likely to be at least double & probably upwards of 2.5 times 2015/16 seasons costs, just by improvements in players contracts. It's difficult to see how their operating profits will increase
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2759 on: July 22, 2016, 10:06:47 PM »

For example how much extra revenue could we expect from say a 5th place? Could we do that with the same level of cost, & if not, how much additional cost? A fifth place would give us a Europa League slot, how much additional revenue could we expect from a Europa League campaign. If the squad is competing in the Europa League, the FA Cup, the League Cup & the PL, would the quality of the squad have to improve, & if so how much would that cost?
As a example, If reports are to be believed, Leicester's wages cost is likely to be at least double & probably upwards of 2.5 times 2015/16 seasons costs, just by improvements in players contracts. It's difficult to see how their operating profits will increase

I agree with this. People keep saying Wanda, but seriously the sole intention of Wanda is to make money.

The ideal situation going into a football club is to improve profits. With us, it's pretty much impossible. Even if we finished 5th, our money wouldn't rise much - and we won't crack the top 4.
Buying a Championship club where you aim to get promoted and then finish mid-table year on year makes more sense for an owner.

The only hope with someone like Wanda would be to use us as an advertisement vehicle, i.e. shirt/stadium sponsorship of their brand.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2760 on: July 22, 2016, 10:16:25 PM »
Wanda or not there obviously ARE interested parties. At the price we are too big a risk for someone looking to make a quick 60 million. So I lean towards a huge buyer using us as a vehicle. Revitalising the local area and growing their interests in the UK.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2761 on: July 22, 2016, 10:22:48 PM »

The only hope with someone like Wanda would be to use us as an advertisement vehicle, i.e. shirt/stadium sponsorship of their brand.

Agree, & you wouldn't have to pay £150 to £200 million for that, £5 million a year at most.

The Chinese, for profit, deal makes absolutely no sense at all to me.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2762 on: July 22, 2016, 10:23:58 PM »
Wanda or not there obviously ARE interested parties. At the price we are too big a risk for someone looking to make a quick 60 million. So I lean towards a huge buyer using us as a vehicle. Revitalising the local area and growing their interests in the UK.

Who have you got in mind then Jacko?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2763 on: July 22, 2016, 10:36:31 PM »

regarding Leicester's wage increase they will receive £12m alone from the group stages in the champions league, a possible £1.5m for any win or £0.5m for a draw.
there is big money from competing in Europe that will cover any wage increases.
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1858497.html

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2764 on: July 22, 2016, 10:51:53 PM »
Are you serious? It's common knowledge Peace is looking to sell and with the pound dropping in value, now is the time for Chinese Billionaires to invest. Whether it happens is another thing but we are 100% in negotiations to sell the club. Nothing to do with conspiracy theories, it's more to do with non-disclosure agreements and business etiquette.

May I suggest you read through some of the posts for the last three or four days, I don't think I said anything about the club being up for sale.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2765 on: July 22, 2016, 11:09:30 PM »
regarding Leicester's wage increase they will receive £12m alone from the group stages in the champions league, a possible £1.5m for any win or £0.5m for a draw.
there is big money from competing in Europe that will cover any wage increases.
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1858497.html

Vardy & Mahrez's wages will take half of that. Allegedly those two alone have had a collective increase of £120k per week = £6 million per year. Drinkwater & Schmeichel have each been offered an increase of £40k per week = £4million per year, so I'm not sure it will.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2766 on: July 22, 2016, 11:24:06 PM »

I think there's a game going on.  Deal probably already agreed, but a desire not to announce it yet as we need to buy 6/7 players and selling clubs will just put their asking prices for players up if it's known that we are flush with cash.   All stacks up with the bid activity over the past 48 hours.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2767 on: July 23, 2016, 07:32:30 AM »
Vardy & Mahrez's wages will take half of that. Allegedly those two alone have had a collective increase of £120k per week = £6 million per year. Drinkwater & Schmeichel have each been offered an increase of £40k per week = £4million per year, so I'm not sure it will.
but the £24m profit from the sale of Kante will. :)

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2768 on: July 23, 2016, 08:08:06 AM »
People keep saying Wanda, but seriously the sole intention of Wanda is to make money.
What's Peace's intention been over the years?

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2769 on: July 23, 2016, 08:29:36 AM »
I think there's a game going on.  Deal probably already agreed, but a desire not to announce it yet as we need to buy 6/7 players and selling clubs will just put their asking prices for players up if it's known that we are flush with cash.   All stacks up with the bid activity over the past 48 hours.

This for me Overseas. I think it's near enough done and we're trying to get a few players in first . I'm not in the know at all just would make sense to do that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 09:15:35 AM by darbolina »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2770 on: July 23, 2016, 08:32:07 AM »
What's Peace's intention been over the years?

Peace, at least has an affiliation with WBA. W'ell just be a small dot on a balance sheet in Bejing.
Before we get excited over this, we really need to understand the motivation for the purchase. What it definitely won't be, is to look after the interests of WBA. If it's not working for the buyer, the first thing that will happen is a withdrawal of funds, & we'll sink faster than a lead balloon.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2771 on: July 23, 2016, 08:39:27 AM »
Peace, at least has an affiliation with WBA. W'ell just be a small dot on a balance sheet in Bejing.
Before we get excited over this, we really need to understand the motivation for the purchase. What it definitely won't be, is to look after the interests of WBA. If it's not working for the buyer, the first thing that will happen is a withdrawal of funds, & we'll sink faster than a lead balloon.

I tend to agree with you on this BaggieJohn. My real concern is that if we fall under chinese rule and we get asset stripped or just 'mothballed' for years, we are only going one way. Imagine the irony of looking back at the Peace/Pulis years with affection!

My reservation is that the Chinese have no loyalty to the Club; all we are is an overseas investment/asset.... and that worries me.
MAGA!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2772 on: July 23, 2016, 08:40:14 AM »
This for me Vanerlei. I think it's near enough done and we're trying to get a few players in first . I'm not in the know at all just would make sense to do that.

Not sure that stacks up either, the opening prices for players (transfer fees & wages) would be inflated on the basis that WBA might be a bit wealthier, That's assuming ours was the first bid, if other clubs had bid for a player, the price is not going to increase just because it's WBA. I'm pretty certain a lot of these transactions are done on the grapevine

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2773 on: July 23, 2016, 08:52:55 AM »

I see where you are coming from, but the FFP rules actually help us.  Owners cannot just "withdraw funds" because there are very strict limits now on debt levels.  Money has to be put in mainly as equity (capital), not as debt, which changes the dynamics completely.

The best example of this is Chelsea.  Abramovich had lent them £800m. If his situation changed (and there was major litigation between him and Berevosky a few years back), he may have been forced to call in his loan and Chelsea would gave gone bust with no hope of repaying him.  But he had to convert his loan into equity, which means no obligation for Chelsea to repay him, and the only way to get his money back is to sell his shares.  If there's nobody out there prepared to buy his shares at what he thinks they are worth, then there is nothing he can do.  It removes the risk of wealthy owners throwing a tantrum, demanding their money back and the club collapsing because they can't possibly repay it.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2774 on: July 23, 2016, 08:57:24 AM »
I tend to agree with you on this BaggieJohn. My real concern is that if we fall under chinese rule and we get asset stripped or just 'mothballed' for years, we are only going one way. Imagine the irony of looking back at the Peace/Pulis years with affection!

My reservation is that the Chinese have no loyalty to the Club; all we are is an overseas investment/asset.... and that worries me.

You can't really asset strip a football club, most of the asset value is in the players. If we failed to meet the objectives of the buyer (Say Champions League in 3 years), & don't forget, there's only a 4 in 20 chance of dong that, & a 3 in 20 chance of gong the other way, they would first of all put us up for sale again, & secondly replace expensive players with less expensive one's. If it got really bad we might even be wound up to cut losses.

I'm just a supporter, with no links to the club whatsoever, but this really makes no sense to me at all. JP is renowned for his left field solutions & I have a feeling this might just be one of them.