Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369676 times)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2700 on: July 21, 2016, 10:37:34 PM »
If it's Wang Jianlin I'll pee my pants and do somersaults

And may I be the first to suggest that you wear a nappy so as to avoid any accidental spillages  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2701 on: July 21, 2016, 10:40:45 PM »
Not really saying anything we didn't already know. He did say, he was surprised they chose Wolves rather than Leeds.
What he did say though made sense as far as Wolves & Villa were concerned, buy cheap, spend circa £20 million to get them promoted, then they've got a product valued at £100 million +.

Still can't see why anybody would buy Albion, there are loads more Wolves & Villa types out there. Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton etc.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2702 on: July 21, 2016, 10:48:09 PM »
Not really saying anything we didn't already know. He did say, he was surprised they chose Wolves rather than Leeds.
What he did say though made sense as far as Wolves & Villa were concerned, buy cheap, spend circa £20 million to get them promoted, then they've got a product valued at £100 million +.

Still can't see why anybody would buy Albion, there are loads more Wolves & Villa types out there. Leeds, Blackburn, Bolton, Charlton etc.

He's a Leeds fan, little dig at Franksy it sounded like.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2703 on: July 21, 2016, 10:50:48 PM »
The funny thing about that audio clip is at the first mention of the Wanda group being rumoured to be those trying to take over our club was the reaction of Franksie who actually sounded gutted.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2704 on: July 21, 2016, 11:17:30 PM »
The funny thing about that audio clip is at the first mention of the Wanda group being rumoured to be those trying to take over our club was the reaction of Franksie who actually sounded gutted.
He sounded gutted that wang jianlin is taking us over?! Why would he be gutted?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2705 on: July 21, 2016, 11:40:24 PM »
May offer 20 million for another player.
Maybe someone behind these bids?

Could the takeover be almost complete and peace is seeing how the new owners are willing to help, before finishing it?
He did say he only wants someone who has the club at heart ect..

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2706 on: July 21, 2016, 11:41:07 PM »
He sounded gutted that wang jianlin is taking us over?! Why would he be gutted?
isnt he a vile supporter?although i do like his drivetime show

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2707 on: July 21, 2016, 11:43:03 PM »
Funny how villa n wolves now worth more than us, yet they are in lower league and lower value

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2708 on: July 21, 2016, 11:43:53 PM »
isnt he a vile supporter?although i do like his drivetime show

Ohhhh explains why he is gutted then lol :)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2709 on: July 22, 2016, 12:13:06 AM »
I don't want to be a kill joy but:

The Chinese Government have stated in the last 6 months that they want to see China become a global football power on the world stage. This plays into their "soft power" narrative of trying to gain influence through cultural and other means.

This has led to a number of Chinese based billionaires, all of whom could easily wake up one day to find their assets have been confiscated by the state, to "head the call" and start buying up football clubs, be that Chinese Superleague clubs like Shanghai Shenhua, or English clubs like Athletico Madrid, Aston Villa and Wolves.The cynic in me (and many business commentators) says that they are simply trying to keep on the good side of Xi Jinping. The other factor is of course gaining assets outside of China that cannot be confiscated so easily, which includes football clubs (which in their mind, always seem to be unaffected by economic trends like recessions).

The likes of Tony Xia and the Fosun group may well not put any of their own money into the clubs, and could simply run the clubs as any other owners do (Look at QPR nowadays with one of the richest men in the world having a shareholding).

For this reason, I don't think we should expect untold riches if the Wanda group do eventually buy the Albion. The fact they failed to convince Peace last year that they had the money to buy the club does give me cause to be realistic.

The big positive however is that the Wanda group, if they do take over, have a history with Athletico Madrid which will hopefully give them a good grounding in how to run a successful football club.
Boing Boing

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2710 on: July 22, 2016, 12:41:27 AM »
Firstly Steve Tappin would appear to have some expertise on Chinese business but I don't think he has any particular insight on the specific issue of Wanda buying us, other than the persistent rumour that they are the interested party.

Secondly I agree with Baggies that Billionaire Owner does not necessarily equal vast amounts to spend on transfers. We are still in the very early stages of clubs being owned by mainland Chinese investors. We simply don't know exactly why they want to buy into the English game nor how they will run the clubs they own.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2711 on: July 22, 2016, 01:15:18 AM »
I think we all know that the Chinese have big superstitions over numbers and I should know living in Asia so I just wonder if a deal has effectively been done and that the most auspicious date is being waited for (assuming it is Chinese involved). I've read that 8/8 (8th August) could be the significant date but who knows.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2712 on: July 22, 2016, 01:28:50 AM »
I think we all know that the Chinese have big superstitions over numbers and I should know living in Asia so I just wonder if a deal has effectively been done and that the most auspicious date is being waited for (assuming it is Chinese involved). I've read that 8/8 (8th August) could be the significant date but who knows.

This has been said the last three summers with regards announcing news of a takeover. Surely if it's that lucky you sign the deal then not announce it. The announcement is irrelevant if you actually did the thing you want luck for weeks before.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2713 on: July 22, 2016, 01:29:17 AM »
I hope were not waitin till 8/8 because thats only 5 days before palace game !

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2714 on: July 22, 2016, 07:20:05 AM »
On the contrary it could be close to being finished and the club are trying to push through some moves before the prices are bumped up?

Either way it doesn't effect the recruitment this season too much. Traditionally we do most of our deals the last couple of weeks of August.
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

deebo

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2715 on: July 22, 2016, 07:33:45 AM »
Hmmm, it's not a denial from the Wanda Group twitter account-

https://twitter.com/DalianWanda/status/756291811061010433

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2716 on: July 22, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »
On the contrary it could be close to being finished and the club are trying to push through some moves before the prices are bumped up?

Either way it doesn't effect the recruitment this season too much. Traditionally we do most of our deals the last couple of weeks of August.

I had that thought yesterday, seems we are more aggressive in the market than normal, something has changed.
Baggie in Southampton

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2717 on: July 22, 2016, 07:35:52 AM »
I really hope our future owners are a bit more rational than to truly believe in lucky numbers colours etc... Or maybe that is why I'm not a billionaire. Hit the roulette on 8/8 backing number 8 with my life savings what could possibly go wrong?  ;D
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2718 on: July 22, 2016, 08:02:05 AM »
Don't you just love Chinese conspiracy theories!!!!

Personally I don't get it. I thought China was ruled by the Communist party so where is all the money coming from? I think that the good doctor and the 'other one' will both fail to deliver. I cannot see these deals as anything other than 'offshore investment opportunities' and I don't want our wonderful club going the same way....... 

I think that 'Baggies' post above sums it up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 08:14:25 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

BAGGIES4LIFE

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2719 on: July 22, 2016, 08:09:11 AM »
I hope were not waitin till 8/8 because thats only 5 days before palace game !

Maybe 8 days before the 8th month, roll on tonorrow then!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2720 on: July 22, 2016, 08:11:14 AM »
I had that thought yesterday, seems we are more aggressive in the market than normal, something has changed.

An extra £60 million in TV money has changed. Little Leicester, are soon to be big Leicester with all the money they're throwing around at the moment. It's difficult to see how they won't fall foul of the FFP rrules. Jamie Vardy  goes from a £2 million a year contract to a £5 million a year contract, similar with Schmiekel & Drinkwater. Mahrez probably going to get a £5 million a year deal.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2721 on: July 22, 2016, 08:13:52 AM »
Hmmm, it's not a denial from the Wanda Group twitter account-

https://twitter.com/DalianWanda/status/756291811061010433

I would say this is quite significant.

deebo

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2722 on: July 22, 2016, 08:15:33 AM »
I would say this is quite significant.

Me too, it's strange for such a large company to reply to a message like this. We can only hope...

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2723 on: July 22, 2016, 08:18:17 AM »
Me too, it's strange for such a large company to reply to a message like this. We can only hope...

On its own it is quite ambiguous

Does it confirm it is in talks with us? Or does it just say 'We will let you know if we decide to buy West Brom'..... or any other club in England, Europe or the rest of the world......
MAGA!

thelawyer

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2724 on: July 22, 2016, 08:22:08 AM »
It's interesting that when they replied they didn't just copy his text and said west brom, they say West Brom. Might be reading too much into that but we must properly be in their stream of consciousness if nothing else.