Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369559 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2675 on: July 21, 2016, 11:23:56 AM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/07/21/west-brom-shareholders-want-the-club-sold/

Shareholders want the club sold.

Not surprised after the recent valuation. Aren't a lot of them in for £18k a piece from an outlay of around £2k?

BaggieVN

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2676 on: July 21, 2016, 11:26:21 AM »
Just looked on another site and its saying book a date in your diary for 6th or 7th of august nod  nod wink wink  prob the 7th as its a lucky number in China

In China, 8 is a lucky number and 4 is unlucky. So expect 8/8.

albionden

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2677 on: July 21, 2016, 12:28:59 PM »
http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/west-bromwich-albion-fc/2016/07/21/west-brom-shareholders-want-the-club-sold/

Another space filler article from the E&D ,  Someone asks someone else about something, there's no response, run article....

« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 12:34:31 PM by MarkW »

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2678 on: July 21, 2016, 04:51:18 PM »
Not surprised after the recent valuation. Aren't a lot of them in for £18k a piece from an outlay of around £2k?

This is my point, lack of ambition,treading water and treating shareholders with complete contempt...like he always has.
Of course they only have shares in Albion because they love the club, no need for them to know anything.

Doing a great job.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2679 on: July 21, 2016, 05:09:21 PM »
This is my point, lack of ambition,treading water and treating shareholders with complete contempt...like he always has.
Of course they only have shares in Albion because they love the club, no need for them to know anything.

Doing a great job.

Ha if treating shareholders with complete contempt is making them £16k then I'd love to see him treat us with overbearing generosity. As a shareholder, and attending shareholder meetings, the overwhelming majority wouldn't sell them regardless of a takeover anyway, so not sure where the basis of that article comes from. A few will sell but in the grand scheme of things most didn't upgrade their shareholdings to sell them. And those who are holding onto them because they want to own part of the club would probably be against a takeover due to the fact that a mandatory sale of shares will be enforced should the new owner ever get 90% shareholdings.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2680 on: July 21, 2016, 05:31:42 PM »
Slightly off tangent, but however fashionable it is for clubs to have wealthy owners these days, the most fashionable, richest, famous and successful club on the planet,Real Madrid,is owned by the fans.
Fans are the only people who really do have a clubs interests at heart.
Respect to you for being a  shareholder PsalmXXIII.

Bazabaggie73

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #2681 on: July 21, 2016, 07:24:36 PM »
An interview on radio WM with a Steve tippin and he says the wands group are trying to over at Wba, you can find the clip on audioboom

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2682 on: July 21, 2016, 07:49:40 PM »
An interview on radio WM with a Steve tippin and he says the wands group are trying to over at Wba, you can find the clip on audioboom

Who's Steve tippin?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2683 on: July 21, 2016, 08:04:10 PM »
Slightly off tangent, but however fashionable it is for clubs to have wealthy owners these days, the most fashionable, richest, famous and successful club on the planet,Real Madrid,is owned by the fans.
Fans are the only people who really do have a clubs interests at heart.
Respect to you for being a  shareholder PsalmXXIII.

Trust me, I worked stupid hours in my University holidays to afford the upgraded share, I feel for those who couldn't at the time. They're a good bunch of guys at the shareholder meetings and I only make the odd one or two being out of the midlands now for work. I try to post the minutes and any announcements they send through which I'll share with folk on here best I can. It's part of the reason I do my best to try give a more balanced idea of the clubs shareholdings and accounts because we are privy to more information than most fans.

There's a lot of dedicated folk who do far more than me to ensure the fans that have shares are kept in the loop and consulted on a variety of club issues. I can do my bit and share that with everyone else.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2684 on: July 21, 2016, 08:04:21 PM »
Who's Steve tippin?

I think it's Steve from Tip'n.  ;)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2685 on: July 21, 2016, 08:06:05 PM »
Trust me, I worked stupid hours in my University holidays to afford the upgraded share, I feel for those who couldn't at the time. They're a good bunch of guys at the shareholder meetings and I only make the odd one or two being out of the midlands now for work. I try to post the minutes and any announcements they send through which I'll share with folk on here best I can. It's part of the reason I do my best to try give a more balanced idea of the clubs shareholdings and accounts because we are privy to more information than most fans.

There's a lot of dedicated folk who do far more than me to ensure the fans that have shares are kept in the loop and consulted on a variety of club issues. I can do my bit and share that with everyone else.

Pity we haven't got a "like" button on here mate.

coram_wba906

• Youth Baggie

Listed in Who's Who as What's That.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2687 on: July 21, 2016, 08:13:21 PM »
Anybody got the link to Radio WM audioboom please?

Edit Thanks  :)

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2688 on: July 21, 2016, 08:17:55 PM »
ill be glad one way or another when this is all over so we concentrate on getting players into the first team that we are desperate for times ticking quickly

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2689 on: July 21, 2016, 08:21:48 PM »
It is interesting that the Wang Jianlin led Wanda Group rumour just refuses to go away.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2690 on: July 21, 2016, 08:53:04 PM »
Could be interesting if we do get a very wealthy, committed and ambitious new owner? All three together in connection with football club ownership are like rocking horse poo though, especially for the medium to longer term?

Would be great to see us push on though as we have reached our glass ceiling as a club without new investment

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2691 on: July 21, 2016, 09:07:23 PM »
It is interesting that the Wang Jianlin led Wanda Group rumour just refuses to go away.
I'm not keen on overseas owners but they would be my choice for the way Athletico have been steadily built up over time.
Chucking big money at players straight away will only damage the years we have put into building our Academy and such like.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 09:12:29 PM by Dexy »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2692 on: July 21, 2016, 09:19:34 PM »
I'm not expecting us to go out and buy Messi but one thing I'm excited by is the prospect of investment and pushing on and competing

If it's Wang Jianlin I'll pee my pants and do somersaults

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2693 on: July 21, 2016, 09:33:16 PM »
Could this Tappin guy be repeating what the Mirror have said. IE what he is basing that comment on has no real basis?

I hope it is Jianlin

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2694 on: July 21, 2016, 09:36:44 PM »
Could this Tappin guy be repeating what the Mirror have said. IE what he is basing that comment on has no real basis?

I hope it is Jianlin

That's what I thought. When he said 'rumoured to be', is he saying general rumours as in the red tops and online or a specific rumour he's heard?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2695 on: July 21, 2016, 09:44:45 PM »
In fairness Tappin didn't seem all that convinced by what he was saying at first but then by the end of the clip he seemed pretty certain so I'll still take it with a pinch of salt but he's the best source to suggest the link with the Wanda group so far.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2696 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:33 PM »
He did say allegedly but then further on on the interview said there is a group all of these Chinese billionaires are in and they talk and discuss investment in football.

He also says he does Tai Chi with guy buying Wolves so read into that that you want really his rumour could be from this guy

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2697 on: July 21, 2016, 09:47:53 PM »
Can someone tell me roughly what time in the audioboom clip he starts talking about Albion?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2698 on: July 21, 2016, 09:52:59 PM »
Can someone tell me roughly what time in the audioboom clip he starts talking about Albion?

Pretty much straight away he mentions it and then by the end he's talking about it again.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2699 on: July 21, 2016, 10:04:43 PM »
I'm a little excited....

Check this out... He may actually know something

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Tappin