Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369698 times)

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2600 on: July 18, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »
I sometimes think that Peace likes us all to get wound up over this take over business! If there's no truth in it why wouldn't he just come out and say so?

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2601 on: July 18, 2016, 10:37:48 PM »
my sentiments exactly

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2602 on: July 18, 2016, 11:06:15 PM »
I think you will all know soon, following 79 comments youve been played again by the master of pounds and pence.
I posted a numbers of times roll up get your seasond tickets here, they were deleted, I still think Ebeneezer is the master and treats fans as a game and exacts every penny he can get.
Hopefully Im wrong but after 3 years of playing the same cards I bet he can not believe its worked again.
On wards, upwards new season new struggle but only one Baggies

Season tickets over the last week I suspect have come along nicely what say you

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 11:09:09 PM by Throstletown »

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2603 on: July 18, 2016, 11:28:52 PM »
I think you will all know soon, following 79 comments youve been played again by the master of pounds and pence.
I posted a numbers of times roll up get your seasond tickets here, they were deleted, I still think Ebeneezer is the master and treats fans as a game and exacts every penny he can get.
Hopefully Im wrong but after 3 years of playing the same cards I bet he can not believe its worked again.

I highly doubt that Jeremy Peace has created a media plan to trick one or two extra fans into buying more season tickets when sales have already been very similar to last season.
In the big scheme of things, season ticket sales are penny's to Peace now that the TV money has gone so high. We could play next season with a half-empty home ground and it would barely effect his pockets.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2604 on: July 18, 2016, 11:31:12 PM »

Sorry but I had to laugh at this post! Are you suggesting that all of this is a marketing plot by the club in order to sell new season tickets before the start of the new season only to be left with Peace in the end? If the club wanted to do that they would of said something through official channels they would of made a announcement similar to last year when Peace said he gave exclusive rights to a takeover (which were obviously accurate and true) but the point remains of anything the club have done a remarkable job of keeping it so quiet in the media thus far. I've said before the local media aren't the best these days they don't have many good contacts in the club but they have been feeding on bread crumbs this summer even now they are leaving it to guess work

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2605 on: July 18, 2016, 11:38:28 PM »
Can anyone tell me if they think this is likely to happen then?

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2606 on: July 18, 2016, 11:58:01 PM »

Hahahahaha...ha...haaa? Oh Christ you're serious?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2607 on: July 18, 2016, 11:58:20 PM »
Can anyone tell me if they think this is likely to happen then?

I believe so if all keeps going the way it Is it should be concluded in the next 2/3 weeks.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2608 on: July 19, 2016, 01:13:48 AM »
I haven't written anything about FFP for an age but a new owner might be constrained by the rules.
So here is a quick recap.

Premier League FFP

Losses capped at £105m over 3 seasons or £15m if debt funded as opposed to the owner putting in the cash. This pretty much stops the practice of the owner "lending" the club money

Wage increases if the wage bill is greater than £60m from this season capped at £7m unless it is funded from increases in none TV revenue e.g. Gate receipts Commercial Revenues or Profits on player sales.

The real killer for us is the wage cap unless we get a substantial boost to the other revenues we will struggle to sign better quality players regardless of how much the new owners are prepared to spend.

Incidentally this is why getting rid of the Pulis bomb squad is so important and possibly why we seem to be stalled in the transfer market.

UEFA FFP
Probably only a concern if we get into Europe

Seemingly tougher than the PL rules with a 30m euro cap on losses over three years but there are a number of items such as ground improvements and the cost of the academy which are excluded.

So what would it mean for any new owners?  Firstly it would appear there is enough wriggle room to fulfill any owners desire to throw a lot of money at a football club, although probably not enough to be a new Man City. Secondly there are opportunities to exploit related party transactions which don't seem to be have been as vigorously policed as they might have been. e.g. Owners "buying"  the stadium naming rights at inflated prices.

Ultimately I am not sure whether or not FFP will have an impact on the new ownership. As with all of this it rather depends on who the prospective new owners are and what their plans are. 
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2609 on: July 19, 2016, 01:14:50 AM »
How come it seems other clubs .ie villa, seem to get take overs done very fast or announced and sealed quick.... But for us it's taking weeks or months... Maybe even since last year, if it's the same interested party as last year.
They have had a very long time to talk, agree, arrange and sort things out.
Where's villa, it was all done within 3 weeks from been announced they was new sold.
Also wolves announced they are selling, next thing you know they have an interested party and have now almost finalised it. Again the whole process maybe taking 2 months.
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2610 on: July 19, 2016, 02:18:23 AM »
How come it seems other clubs .ie villa, seem to get take overs done very fast or announced and sealed quick.... But for us it's taking weeks or months... Maybe even since last year, if it's the same interested party as last year.
Where's villa, it was all done within 3 weeks from been announced they was new sold.
Also wolves announced they are selling, next thing you know they have an interested party and have now almost finalised it. Again the whole process maybe taking 2 months.

They are on the market for a fraction of the money that Albion are on for.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

bangkokbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2611 on: July 19, 2016, 02:32:55 AM »
If you believe a potential buyer is conducting current transfers you are very much mistaken, it is just not happening. Schlupp has been a target for 18 months and not two weeks.

I am a massive JP fan and I hope 100% he stays, even if he doesnt I would prefer a similar individual and not some consortium from thousands of miles away that understands absolutely nothing about our great club. The last thing we need is more dilution as a club!

I was thinking this also, it doesn't make any sense when a potential sale has still not been completed, anything could change before that event.

I trust Baggie79 the most on this forum on what is going on.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2612 on: July 19, 2016, 03:15:51 AM »
They are on the market for a fraction of the money that Albion are on for.

Plus they would of more than likely been going on as long as ours is but kept under wraps all the same.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2613 on: July 19, 2016, 05:24:00 AM »

There are none so blind mate. They fall for the same trick season after season. Peace must love reading the comments about him on here, a licence to get away with murder.
I said a couple of pages back that he has no intention of selling us, he just lets rumours fester, keeps raising the price and then just before the season starts announces no deal. And people still fall for it.
How many signings have we made? And that one took two years of haggling? Small time chairman with a big bank account.

I wish i knew where some on here lived, i would become a door to door salesman and call at their house in my Tony Mowbray mask.  ;D
He was an hero on here too.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:53:23 AM by kris_boing »

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2614 on: July 19, 2016, 06:43:06 AM »
What I was saying is Old Ebeneezer knows he still needs bums on seats a half empty crowd and no atmosphere is not good for the image, who will have to laugh at whilst counting his money.
We know he cares for money not football anyone who have seen us play for the last few seasons willl have to admit that.
Weve had the same rumours of the stars coming, bids made and 1 player has arrived.
More rumours of players and a takeover fill seats, he's got Sky's money just needs some fans for the tele to see.
Sh1te football, empty stadium aint good for when he eventually tries to sell!

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2615 on: July 19, 2016, 07:43:12 AM »
Because that how peace does things.....look at our transfer dealings!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2616 on: July 19, 2016, 08:26:55 AM »
What I was saying is Old Ebeneezer knows he still needs bums on seats a half empty crowd and no atmosphere is not good for the image, who will have to laugh at whilst counting his money.
We know he cares for money not football anyone who have seen us play for the last few seasons willl have to admit that.
Weve had the same rumours of the stars coming, bids made and 1 player has arrived.
More rumours of players and a takeover fill seats, he's got Sky's money just needs some fans for the tele to see.
Sh1te football, empty stadium aint good for when he eventually tries to sell!

Give the fans a bit of credit.
If you think that most fans buy season tickets on scepticism regarding who we may or may not buy and rumours of a take over then I think that you are misguided to say the least.
I would think that most of our season ticket holders have had tickets for a few years.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2617 on: July 19, 2016, 08:27:10 AM »
Plus they would of more than likely been going on as long as ours is but kept under wraps all the same.

Is it likely that the potential new owners also have other issues to sort before they can conclude any deals with WBA?
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2618 on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:49 AM »
If this takeover does happen and it is the Chinese folks who buy us,do you think that our visit ( I think first western football club to visit China ?) There  had any value?
I know Chinese people are very interested in their history.
Or as I suspect just a happy coincidence on a purely business model.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2619 on: July 19, 2016, 09:52:09 AM »
Are  some people not misreading what Baggie79 wrote?

My interpretation is he is saying Schlupp being bid for by the potential new buyers is not happening and that its a JP led move - NOT that the takeover isnt happening?

WD40

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2620 on: July 19, 2016, 10:06:57 AM »
If this takeover does happen and it is the Chinese folks who buy us,do you think that our visit ( I think first western football club to visit China ?) There  had any value?
I know Chinese people are very interested in their history.
Or as I suspect just a happy coincidence on a purely business model.
I doubt it even accured to them although they will say it was one of the main reasons for choosing us once everything is signed and sealed

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2621 on: July 19, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
I've got to laugh at some of the "conspiracy theorists" in this thread. We are close to being taken over, and have been in talks for a long time now. These things take time, especially when the chairman hasn't got the same type of urgency to sell as other under pressure chairman and is notorious for hard ball negotiations.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2622 on: July 19, 2016, 10:22:53 AM »

JP's goalposts are on wheels don't forget.  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2623 on: July 19, 2016, 01:56:19 PM »

Well in fairness the Villa also had a failed takeover last season (like us) so it's not as simple as just selling up. Besides, their new owner looks extremely dodgy and I like to think Peace would sell us to more responsible owners.

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2624 on: July 19, 2016, 05:07:04 PM »
Just looked on another site and its saying book a date in your diary for 6th or 7th of august nod  nod wink wink  prob the 7th as its a lucky number in China