Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369532 times)

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2550 on: July 18, 2016, 04:32:04 PM »

I guess there will be a number of newly rich clubs hampered by this policy and they will be lobbying to change it so that they can catch up, I hope we will be one of them :D

Iv'e just edited the post with the right numbers.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2551 on: July 18, 2016, 04:39:55 PM »
two clubs in the same country I believe, to reduce conflicting interest.

There are restrictions regarding two clubs in the Champions League too.

Could have implications for Wolves if Robin Li buys them and AC Milan.

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #2552 on: July 18, 2016, 06:31:10 PM »
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

telford baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2553 on: July 18, 2016, 06:32:43 PM »
bham mail just reported that jp has recieved offers of 150m and sources said could have sold the club 3 times but jp now wants 200m i wonder how true that is

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2554 on: July 18, 2016, 06:39:41 PM »
Take a look at @PaulSuartWBA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/PaulSuartWBA/status/755086919550337025?s=09

The tweet states it's close but the article says not.  Very poor journalism

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2555 on: July 18, 2016, 06:42:10 PM »
bham mail just reported that jp has recieved offers of 150m and sources said could have sold the club 3 times but jp now wants 200m i wonder how true that is

If you're negotiating to sell assets it is common practice for the seller to play interested parties off against each other, as a purchaser you don't show your hand by offering your best price first, Jp is just negotiating and so is the purchaser 8)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2556 on: July 18, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2557 on: July 18, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »
Youve got to pick a pocket or two......good old Jezza

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2558 on: July 18, 2016, 07:01:40 PM »
What does he base the £200m on? The players and their wages?  Funny because when he tries to sign them he don't think they are worth that much.
Must be the ground then. ;D

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2559 on: July 18, 2016, 07:03:15 PM »

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2560 on: July 18, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »
I really wouldn't believe much from the national press on this let alone local rags , as ever the club keep things tied down.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

LongBridge Baggie1

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2561 on: July 18, 2016, 07:22:53 PM »
baggie38 told us everything in that report 7 hours ago.

Very True, Is it Greed who knows. I just hope it gets sorted soon, and the fans don't get shafted ala blackburn. One thing I will say Both local rag are dire ::)

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2562 on: July 18, 2016, 07:24:30 PM »
Strange as I heard the fee was the problem last week but it got sorted and that's why all the stories have come out and it has started to leak.

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2563 on: July 18, 2016, 07:26:51 PM »
That piece from the Mail contradicts itself! How is Peace playing one buyer off against another but is looking for permission from them to sanction a bid for Schlupp?
I have seen or heard nothing on here or in the papers showing any proof of intent to sell,  and when he did have a buyer last year he went public to announce an exclusivity agreement....nothing this year so far!!!!

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2564 on: July 18, 2016, 07:47:13 PM »
baggie38 told us everything in that report 7 hours ago.

Without any inside information I reckon anyone could have got that pretty much spot on a week or so ago.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2565 on: July 18, 2016, 07:49:41 PM »
That piece from the Mail contradicts itself! How is Peace playing one buyer off against another but is looking for permission from them to sanction a bid for Schlupp?
I have seen or heard nothing on here or in the papers showing any proof of intent to sell,  and when he did have a buyer last year he went public to announce an exclusivity agreement....nothing this year so far!!!!

I agree about the contradiction in the report posted. We went public last year and it fell through, if that happened this time with no comment from the club in the lead up they can avoid the embarrassment and deny we were ever close in the first place so it makes perfect sense to me that very little has got out. Confidentiality clauses rule in deals such as this one.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2566 on: July 18, 2016, 08:06:07 PM »
Without any inside information I reckon anyone could have got that pretty much spot on a week or so ago.

With all due respect I don't understand how anyone with or without any inside information could of got that spot on a week or so ago considering they hadn't bid for Schlupp a week ago. I'll give you that anyone could deny the buyer being the richest man in China but I'd rather cover all areas when sharing information on the forum.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2567 on: July 18, 2016, 08:09:03 PM »
With all due respect I don't understand how anyone with or without any inside information could of got that spot on a week or so ago considering they hadn't bid for Schlupp a week ago. I'll give you that anyone could deny the buyer being the richest man in China but I'd rather cover all areas when sharing information on the forum.

Take Schlupp out of the equation and every other thing in that piece has been rumoured for weeks and in some cases since this time last year.

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2568 on: July 18, 2016, 08:10:40 PM »

Take no notice of the naysayers, very discretly post what you have at a timing that suits you

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2569 on: July 18, 2016, 08:13:51 PM »
Take no notice of the naysayers, very discretly post what you have at a timing that suits you

People can post whatever they like as long as its within the rules, personally I don't believe I've seen baggie38 or anyone else post anything on here that hasn't been mentioned prior to that elsewhere with the very odd exception.

Nothing in that Brum Mail story is really new to us, local press have been terrible for covering us for a few years now.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:16:22 PM by B_H_Baggie »

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2570 on: July 18, 2016, 08:17:37 PM »
Take Schlupp out of the equation and every other thing in that piece has been rumoured for weeks and in some cases since this time last year.

"Take Schlupp out of the equation" so you are picking and choosing what you want from what I have to say and are stating what I have said has been reported previously? Even though what you have chose to single out and take out (in this case Schlupp) hasn't been reported before. The only time I have seen the fact the new owners have gave the go ahead for the Schlupp deal was 7 hours after I posted it on here in that poor Birmingham Mail article.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2571 on: July 18, 2016, 08:21:40 PM »
http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-takeover-closer-look-11630871

Looks like Peace is getting a bit greedy.

Looks like a local newspaper is writing any old sourceless garbage and everyone's using it as a rod to beat JP with.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2572 on: July 18, 2016, 08:22:03 PM »
"Take Schlupp out of the equation" so you are picking and choosing what you want from what I have to say and are stating what I have said has been reported previously? Even though what you have chose to single out and take out (in this case Schlupp) hasn't been reported before. The only time I have seen the fact the new owners have gave the go ahead for the Schlupp deal was 7 hours after I posted it on here in that poor Birmingham Mail article.

In fairness when I found out about the Schlupp offer the other night I said to my pals who I was with that will probably be an indication that a takeover deal is close for that very reason, saw a few say exactly the same on social media where they probably got it from so I think its a fair guess but a guess non the less. Just my opinion fella, if people want to hang on your every word its up to them.

I think the article is poor journalism that virtually anyone could have written, only thing in there the least bit interesting are the so called insider quotes.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:24:34 PM by B_H_Baggie »

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2573 on: July 18, 2016, 08:24:37 PM »
In fairness when I found out about the Schlupp offer the other night I said to my pals who I was with that will probably be an indication that a takeover deal is close for that very reason, saw a few say exactly the same on social media where they probably got it from so I think its a fair guess but a guess non the less. Just my opinion fella, if people want to hang on your every word its up to them.

In all fairness if you take a look on social media alot of people have been worried and asking the local journalists if this take over will hold up our transfer dealings which I think is the natural response to something like this going on. My post and that snippet of information I shared was for those types of people who are concerned about that.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2574 on: July 18, 2016, 08:27:38 PM »
In all fairness if you take a look on social media alot of people have been worried and asking the local journalists if this take over will hold up our transfer dealings which I think is the natural response to something like this going on. My post and that snippet of information I shared was for those types of people who are concerned about that.

Carry on posting mate its all good, gets people talking which is what this place is here for. I stand by my comments that anyone could have written that piece the Brum Mail have come out with today and that I don't believe you have ever said anything that hasn't been said elsewhere already but there are no genuine ITK people around anymore just those that get the odd bit of info here and there. Don't take anything I say personally I'm just very sceptical of those that claim to be ITK.

I'll just be glad to see this over one way or the other.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:31:58 PM by B_H_Baggie »