Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369399 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2400 on: July 14, 2016, 12:21:22 PM »

that would be much better, as long as hes not a venky :)

Or a Bhatti, who almost did a very, very good job !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2401 on: July 14, 2016, 12:54:11 PM »
Personally i am not really arsed about the bloke who took over Villa or the potential Wolves.

English football is full of multimillionaires and billionaires now, its what these owners do with it. In the past it used to be just millionaires, loads of clubs had them but they dont guarentee success (Sir Jack at the Wolves would of vouched for that, he loved the club but they never quite made it to be a regular top flight club and he did everything he could to make sure they did)

As a fan of Villa or Wolves i would be excited because its something new but also cautious as there is no guarentee of success.

Man City had a good starting point when they got taken over, the owner before had started to spend good money (admittedly turned out it wasnt his!) and the Arabs came in.

However Man City i think got taken over 6 or 7 years ago and are still not a football super power, they are getting there and getting Guardiola helps, but they havent all of a sudden dominated football like some Villa and Wolves fans think their clubs will.

Also  fair play to the Man City owners, they have not only put money into the team but they are building a lot for the community and when they go their will be a legacy but not many clubs owners have done that.

If we are to be taken over i would rather it be like a Southampton or West Ham, owners who seem to care and want to continually improve but do it gradually and with foundations.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:55:46 PM by Albion79 »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2402 on: July 14, 2016, 03:15:49 PM »
I wonder how long Gold and Sullivan will be around once they have got their mitts on the Boleyn ground cash, it would be interesting to hear how the bluenoses view their tenure at St Andrews now!

Southampton is a funny one, the owner is the daughter of the guy who brought it and then pegged it isn't she. Is she seeing it as her Dads  legacy and is therefore committed, or does she have other things to concern her having inherited a multi-billion corporation?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2403 on: July 14, 2016, 06:25:07 PM »
At the end of the day, i think most businessmen see football clubs as their personal toy, and how much they spend on it is down to how much they play with it. Sad isn't it?
Abramovich genuinely wanted Chelsea to be the best, but he set a trend for other billionaires to buy a football club whether they really wanted one or not.
The worst thing that could happen is for us to have an owner who wasn't interested in his toy.
I don't like Peace, but he has sailed a stable course, the problem is we can no longer exist in a league of billionaires. If we are struggling against relegation along with rich mens clubs then out will come their cheque books.
I really wish we hadn't come to this, i wish we could turn the clock back 40 years.
But Pandora's Box has been opened. :(

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2404 on: July 15, 2016, 01:01:07 AM »
Srevie B i think is vet much ITK on twitter
I stand to be corrected
Worth following the rest of this snippet i have just found  :o

âš½ âš½ F L E T C H  âš½ âš½ ‏@_Fletch__  5h
@StevenWBA what's the take over story today then mate

Steven B ‏@StevenWBA  5h
@_Fletch__ Told that they are getting much, much closer. Final throes now.
2 retweets 2 likes

Reply   Retweet  2   
 barry moulsdale ‏@bazabaggie73  5h
@StevenWBA all due diligence done this time Steve or could there be choppy waters ahead??
1 retweet 1 like
Reply   Retweet  1   

Stuart Hunt ‏@huntywbafc  5h
@StevenWBA what u think Steve, is there anything going u think ref takeover ?
0 retweets 0 likes
Reply   Retweet   

Steven B ‏@StevenWBA  5h
@huntywbafc Yes

Beefy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2405 on: July 15, 2016, 01:20:53 AM »
tony noke ‏@truebaggie  5h
@StevenWBA is there any truth in this so called take over I really have my doubts.
0 retweets 0 likes

Steven B ‏@StevenWBA  5h
@truebaggie To be fair, Tony, I get a little offended when people say "any truth?". If there wasn't, I wouldn't tweet it. Lose credibility

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2406 on: July 15, 2016, 08:06:38 AM »
Why is it tweets look like difficult to understand cryptic messages
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2407 on: July 15, 2016, 08:50:26 AM »
Why is it tweets look like difficult to understand cryptic messages

because you have a limited amount of characters (letters, spaces, punctuation marks etc) to say what you want in a single tweet. I think it's 140 characters per tweet.
What I have put in bold is 140 characters long (I think!)

Just checked it's 140 "letter" characters so doesn't include spaces or punctuation marks..I think. I don't use twitter myself.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 08:55:08 AM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2408 on: July 15, 2016, 09:04:39 AM »
cheers for that Hull, i will stick to facebook

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2409 on: July 15, 2016, 09:09:36 AM »
Don't know why some people are convinced that there's going to be a takeover. Just wishful thinking by everyone. I understand that JP and WBA are watertight when it comes to stuff like this but I'm sure something would of come out even a snipette of info but literally nothing, just 'ITK' people of Twitter making up stuff.
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2410 on: July 15, 2016, 09:12:10 AM »
because you have a limited amount of characters (letters, spaces, punctuation marks etc) to say what you want in a single tweet. I think it's 140 characters per tweet.
What I have put in bold is 140 characters long (I think!)

Just checked it's 140 "letter" characters so doesn't include spaces or punctuation marks..I think. I don't use twitter myself.

Correct, the easiest way to post something longer, is to do a blog, (like Dave Bowlers) post it onto a "cloud" server, & then put a link into the tweet. The "tiny" site even convert long URL's to shorter ones so that you meet the 140 character limit.
I use it all the time, but don't post much, I follow 76 people & 23 follow me. About half of the 76 I follow are to do with the Albion, the club itself, journo's, some of the players. It's a really powerful tool if you make it work for you, on the other hand, if you post something controversial, expect to be bombarded with sh*t. It is a global platform.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2411 on: July 15, 2016, 09:18:53 AM »
Don't know why some people are convinced that there's going to be a takeover. Just wishful thinking by everyone. I understand that JP and WBA are watertight when it comes to stuff like this but I'm sure something would of come out even a snipette of info but literally nothing, just 'ITK' people of Twitter making up stuff.

We were very close to a takeover last year and nothing was released by the club until near the end of the process. Some ITK posters on here had said a take over was near and it turned out to be true.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2412 on: July 15, 2016, 09:39:51 AM »
even when we KNEW  there was a buyer entering due diligence because the club said as much, we knew nothing of who or where they were from. nothing leaked so how is this any different to last year?

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2413 on: July 15, 2016, 10:32:30 AM »
Its as plain as the nose on your face it aint happening, Pulis wants more money, first hint in press, JP passing on we have to sell to buy but no one has made a bid for any of our players let me think why?
There is no protection of the asset from the board, anyone with common sense never mind a business brain would know we aint going to cut it this year. Anyone with a brain at JP price and the need for major investment knows it aint cheap, why buy a team with relegation written all over it now when you pick up next season for a third of the price.
This team needs re building, if Phillips is the rebuild any buyer will note there being sold a custard.
We have no attacking intent in the team, Fletch can do the middle with the aid of Yacob defensively but there aint no attack guile in those 2, Mozza plays 10/15 minutes a game but pass and move he is never going to dominate and Phillips who is going to pass to him, who has the abilty to pass to him.
Hoofball for the last 2 seasons but some how stayed up, once we go down and I truly fear for us, all talk no action on the field, off the field sums us up. 
It would have happened by now, PSG good result or same old same old on a water logged pitch which assisted us to nulify another game.
Pessamist no, simply a Realist

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2414 on: July 15, 2016, 10:35:12 AM »
We currently remind me of what Fulham were. Established but unfashionable Premier League side. A takeover happened then they dropped like a stone. I think the same would happen to us.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2415 on: July 15, 2016, 10:51:34 AM »
We currently remind me of what Fulham were. Established but unfashionable Premier League side. A takeover happened then they dropped like a stone. I think the same would happen to us.

I think Al Fayed just wanted rid of Fulham, JP appears to be ensuring we are sold for the right reasons, & to ensure continuity. Personally,I'm expecting it to be another dour season, but I don't think we'll be relegated.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2416 on: July 15, 2016, 10:55:33 AM »
I agree Pulis maintains a team, maintains a style, he does not rebuild or progress it.
At Stoke he got them up yes but then he even bored his mate Mr365 to the point he had to sack him.
I think we will go down without new blood throughout the club from top tomiddle to bottom.
Would I buy Albion as a fan yes, as a business man no unless there were tax breaks I could utilise,wanted by the Russain government or I wanted a toy to play with.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:04:19 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2417 on: July 15, 2016, 10:59:09 AM »
Do you think the new owners would keep TP.?
BOING BOING

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2418 on: July 15, 2016, 11:04:08 AM »
Is that cryptic for thats why theres been nothing happening.

If I were buying the club then I would pay him off 30 minutes ago. 

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2419 on: July 15, 2016, 11:04:17 AM »
Its as plain as the nose on your face it aint happening, Pulis wants more money, first hint in press, JP passing on we have to sell to buy but no one has made a bid for any of our players let me think why?
There is no protection of the asset from the board, anyone with common sense never mind a business brain would know we aint going to cut it this year. Anyone with a brain at JP price and the need for major investment knows it aint cheap, why buy a team with relegation written all over it now when you pick up next season for a third of the price.
This team needs re building, if Phillips is the rebuild any buyer will note there being sold a custard.
We have no attacking intent in the team, Fletch can do the middle with the aid of Yacob defensively but there aint no attack guile in those 2, Mozza plays 10/15 minutes a game but pass and move he is never going to dominate and Phillips who is going to pass to him, who has the abilty to pass to him.
Hoofball for the last 2 seasons but some how stayed up, once we go down and I truly fear for us, all talk no action on the field, off the field sums us up. 
It would have happened by now, PSG good result or same old same old on a water logged pitch which assisted us to nulify another game.

no definitely a pessimist

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Hayward1984

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2420 on: July 15, 2016, 11:05:55 AM »

Surely a wind up?
"Time to show how big our balls are." - Paul Schnarer 14th Janurary.

Throstletown

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2421 on: July 15, 2016, 11:20:05 AM »
No wind up matee watched sh1te for 2 seasons plus, I can only say what Ive seen.

As a fan yes I would buy Albion but with JP price and the total rebuild of players and staff as a business unless I had no cares what so ever, my head says I would not touch the chalice.

Hoofball, kick and chase football which is dire, boring and old bunch of men blowing out of the ar$e$ in 2 lines of 5 trying to nulify any football whatsoever.

Hardly an advert for something is it.

How many shots on target did we have in the PSG friendly?

Whats our ambition?

If you were a business man would you buy Albion and why?

You honestly believe Pulis can do it again without major investment and would you trust him with your retiement fund?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:05:23 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2422 on: July 15, 2016, 11:30:57 AM »

Fulham being much more desirable being in London of course

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2423 on: July 15, 2016, 11:48:58 AM »

You honestly believe Pulis can do it again without major investment and would you trust him with your retiement fund?

If it was worth £1.7 million you betcha, couldn't go wrong

wba13

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2424 on: July 15, 2016, 12:06:30 PM »
Sick of the pathetic nonsense that some members throw around .I have been a Albion fan for over 50 years and even through the bad old days of 3rd division football and Bobby Gould/Alan Buckley Era`s I have never heard such rubbish that some are throwing at us now .Were an established premiership club with a long history and no matter what some people think we will be here long after Pulis has gone [ And he`s done what he was asked to do even if his brand of football is not to our liking ] and the club changes hands which it will in time , and if that time is now so be it I and thousands of other baggies fans will always stick behind them Whats the point in slagging them off that's not the way a fan should act
Just remember managers come and go but the ALBION will always be here