Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2369601 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #2375 on: July 13, 2016, 08:02:35 PM »
We are worth an awful lot more than 80m in my opinion

Throw in the TV deal, assets of the club and you have a club worth at least 120-130 if not more

Thing is though Tom it's all down to what a buyer is willing to pay, and the location,fanbase, marketing value all have a price.

Dingles and Villa are both worth more than what they went for, but they cut their losses.
Both Peace and Morgan would come out of the deal well in profit, Morgan bought it for a tenner and Jeremy has paid in.....

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2376 on: July 13, 2016, 08:08:00 PM »
I can see why a Chinese consortium would buy Wolves & Villa, buy it for circa £60 million, do it up a bit & sell it for £120 million kerching!

Can't see why any Chinese company would buy WBA, especially with those 2 in close proximity.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #2377 on: July 13, 2016, 08:15:53 PM »
why do posters say the clubs close to or has been sold with out any evidence. if they cant give any proof what's the point.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2378 on: July 13, 2016, 08:18:39 PM »
CaravanC maybe it's because they cannot say where they've had it from and don't want to get anyone into trouble... You will be enlightened soon  ;)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2379 on: July 13, 2016, 08:28:08 PM »
why do posters say the clubs close to or has been sold with out any evidence. if they cant give any proof what's the point.

There will be some simply making it up while there will be others that can't say where they got it from or they don't get any info again.

keithowba86

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2380 on: July 13, 2016, 08:29:49 PM »
There will be some simply making it up while there will be others that can't say where they got it from or they don't get any info again.

Correct!

Zebidee

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2381 on: July 13, 2016, 11:58:19 PM »
Someone a few pages back said we will be sold mid August and he said its from a good source. Now someone else saying we will be sold in September and got decent source. And you also got the recent guy saying we have been sold and club waiting to make it public.
Why don't we make it public now, if we have been sold? Wolves have made it public haven't they and villa made theirs public before was final.
I'm wondering if we are waiting for the wolves buyout to go through before announcing our buy out.. In case it tempts wolves to come and try jeopardise our deal and take them away from us and have them buy wolves instead?
* Formerly known as Satisfcuktion *

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2382 on: July 14, 2016, 12:42:24 AM »
As ever with all media whether it is formal or informal you have to make your own judgement as to what level of credibility you give any particular writer. Personally I know who I chose to believe and whose insight I might not value as highly.

At the moment I believe there is credible interest from at least 1 party. They are probably Far Eastern if for no other reason that the Chinese seem to be the most active players in the market. I don't think the interest has reached formal bid and acceptance stage and as such there is no announcement from the club because there is nothing to announce.

This does not mean to say that a deal won't be struck in August or September but unlike last year there won't be a formal window for a deal to be done. Critically until the club see's the colour of any would be buyer's money it is business as usual any other course of action would be bonkers.     
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2383 on: July 14, 2016, 06:04:24 AM »
Someone a few pages back said we will be sold mid August and he said its from a good source. Now someone else saying we will be sold in September and got decent source. And you also got the recent guy saying we have been sold and club waiting to make it public.
Why don't we make it public now, if we have been sold? Wolves have made it public haven't they and villa made theirs public before was final.
I'm wondering if we are waiting for the wolves buyout to go through before announcing our buy out.. In case it tempts wolves to come and try jeopardise our deal and take them away from us and have them buy wolves instead?

Ignore any comments from so-called good sources. The Club releases very little information on players we are interested; JP will definitely not release a shred of information of any impending business he is involved in to sell the club.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2384 on: July 14, 2016, 07:06:13 AM »
Ignore any comments from so-called good sources. The Club releases very little information on players we are interested; JP will definitely not release a shred of information of any impending business he is involved in to sell the club.

He won't say sod all until something is virtually done, he will have learnt from that mistake this time last year. Might come out from other sources in business news before the sports lads get it but it would leak from the buyers side.

BAGGIE5

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2385 on: July 14, 2016, 08:03:12 AM »
If the sale is going to be as late as reported. In a month or as matt wilson said not even close. Then at best we are going to have a transfer window like previous ones.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2386 on: July 14, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »
If the sale is going to be as late as reported. In a month or as matt wilson said not even close. Then at best we are going to have a transfer window like previous ones.

I'm curious to know why people think that new owners will have an impact on our activity in the transfer window. JP's objective will be to retain our EPL status, any new owners primary objective will be to retain our EPL status.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2387 on: July 14, 2016, 08:46:49 AM »
I'm curious to know why people think that new owners will have an impact on our activity in the transfer window. JP's objective will be to retain our EPL status, any new owners primary objective will be to retain our EPL status.

With new owners we are going to be far more attractive to players IMO. The club may well start to show a little ambition.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2388 on: July 14, 2016, 08:59:43 AM »
With new owners we are going to be far more attractive to players IMO. The club may well start to show a little ambition.

It really depends on what has motivated them to buy the club. Would you spend £250 on a pair of shoes when a pair costing £50 would do the same job?

We need to look at it from a business perspective as opposed to a fan's perspective.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2389 on: July 14, 2016, 09:18:23 AM »
It really depends on what has motivated them to buy the club. Would you spend £250 on a pair of shoes when a pair costing £50 would do the same job?

We need to look at it from a business perspective as opposed to a fan's perspective.

I don't see why anyone would buy us without wanting to push us forward. In fact at the figures being banded around I'm not sure why anyone would want to buy us. It's a massive outlay for very little gain.

Why spend £150m+ on us when you could buy a Wolves or Villa for a fraction of that? I can't see us being sold anytime soon.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2390 on: July 14, 2016, 09:27:12 AM »

Surely depends on who the owners are. Were Vincent Tan and the Blackburn chicken farmer people attractive for players?

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2391 on: July 14, 2016, 09:28:48 AM »

I wouldn't but ha i still wear black Dunlop plimsolls.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2392 on: July 14, 2016, 09:30:55 AM »
Something on FB saying due diligence is being done at moment. Don't know how true but some say the site where it came from is a pretty reliable source.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2393 on: July 14, 2016, 09:31:25 AM »
As ever with all media whether it is formal or informal you have to make your own judgement as to what level of credibility you give any particular writer. Personally I know who I chose to believe and whose insight I might not value as highly.

At the moment I believe there is credible interest from at least 1 party. They are probably Far Eastern if for no other reason that the Chinese seem to be the most active players in the market. I don't think the interest has reached formal bid and acceptance stage and as such there is no announcement from the club because there is nothing to announce.

This does not mean to say that a deal won't be struck in August or September but unlike last year there won't be a formal window for a deal to be done. Critically until the club see's the colour of any would be buyer's money it is business as usual any other course of action would be bonkers.   
Agree. Think there may be a bit of window shopping going on but that's about it. I'd be surprised if anything comes of it at all but certainly can't see anything that's going to affect this transfer window. Business as usual unfortunately.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2394 on: July 14, 2016, 09:43:30 AM »
The worrying thing is,i don't know of any Chinese owned clubs who have been successful.

superbobgod

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2395 on: July 14, 2016, 10:35:27 AM »
Leicester have been slightly successful since their Thai takeover if that can be used as an example.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #2396 on: July 14, 2016, 10:37:09 AM »
The worrying thing is,i don't know of any Chinese owned clubs who have been successful.

Not sure how many clubs are actually owned by Chinese individuals/companies.

had a quick google and it appears that Villa are the only ones wholey owned by the Chinese, Man City have  13% owned by Chinese govt and Blues have 11.27% rumoured to be owned by chinese ...Yeung is from Hong Kong but if you add his 25% then Blues are 37% owned by Chinese individuals.

In Europe 20% stake in Athletico Madrid, 55% of Inter Milan and 56% of Espanyol are Chinese that's all i could find.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 12:28:35 PM by Hull Baggie »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2397 on: July 14, 2016, 11:32:46 AM »
Leicester have been slightly successful since their Thai takeover if that can be used as an example.
Culturally the Thais are very different to the Chinese, it would be like comparing the Chinese to Japanese - there's no real comparison.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2398 on: July 14, 2016, 12:07:32 PM »
Just to throw one in here, isn't it possible, that the Chinese link is, in fact. a red herring? Isn't it more likely, with all the work WBA are doing in India, that interest is coming from that continent? Furthermore, given the traditional links between Britain & India, wouldn't it be more beneficial for all parties, than a Chinese link?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2399 on: July 14, 2016, 12:16:50 PM »
Just to throw one in here, isn't it possible, that the Chinese link is, in fact. a red herring? Isn't it more likely, with all the work WBA are doing in India, that interest is coming from that continent? Furthermore, given the traditional links between Britain & India, wouldn't it be more beneficial for all parties, than a Chinese link?

that would be much better, as long as hes not a venky :)
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties